/twg/ - Total War General

Fire edition. Only post screenshots in this thread if the contain some sort of fire

>Enter the vortex trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=BeT_dPTas7E

>High Elves 360 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=D56CckqlsB4

>Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – System Specs:
totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-system-specs/

>How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Sacked thread: Sharing your campaign and battles is welcome and encouraged

how can they release a game with this state of AI?

second for FUCK WARP LIGHTNING CANNONS REEEEE

stupid thread

do we have a list of must have mods yet?

do quests eat up movement points after you do the battle?

I've heard a lot of people saying that the Radious mod has an awful habit of breaking the lore with its units, but can anyone explain which in particular do? According to my flawed understanding of WHFB lore, they seem mostly accurate but just really fucking specific. Worst ones seem to be dismounted Bretonnian knights/squires but even then, it's happened, albeit rarely.

YOU FUCKED UP user

Fourth for gobbos

LOVE ETERNAL!

What do you think life is like in DElf territory owned by Helves? Obviously all the slaves are thrilled. Do you think some of the DElves come around? Or are they just put to the sword.

i only remember them putting armor on slayers during the first month and disregarded the mod ever since

why are dorf garrisons stronger than whole armies

the fire is between her legs

Hm.

Didn't he have some sort of knight archers?

Daily fucking reminder that Total War: Warhammer is balanced on large unit size not ultra you retarded pieces of shit!

that army is made up of trash units
practically skaveslave tier

Das rite user, fuck da police.

>being poor

>Not playing with 150% unit sizes

Really? Never played much dorfs but if it's non-decorative that's kinda dumb for suicide troops.

>being retarded

Oh shit. Those things are brutal.

Anyone have any military tips as Pontus for Rome 2? Playing Grand Campaign as them right now.

My friend is playing Sparta so I need to figure out how to beat him with the shitty assortment of units at my disposal

>Thought it was going to be the smaller reinforcement stack
>Only left Tyrion there
>Its actually 30+ units coming in at once
>They shoot my Phoenix out after rushing to bomb after Tyrion engaged 10+ melee units
>Still manage to scrap a win here

Not bad.

Ha, I thought from the thumbnail that the trees were rats

Not as far as I know, only slightly more "elite" archers that have been mentioned in stuff like WHFRP but never actually got models, like brigands and veteran peasant levies.

>teclis using the wealth gained from his expedition in lustria to get influence and power back in ulthuan
This campaign is going to be interesting - I have teclis running things in lustria, and a bunch of no-names in charge of my part of ulthuan

Not having any real arguments I see. I guess that user was proven right!

>poor little chosen of the gods

>thinking the game is balanced on any size

whatever floats your boat, man

You know, with fire vortex spells he could probably win that.

NOOO IT WAS TYRIONS TURN!

It's scary to see just one squig...

>Wurrzag's quest battle
True terror

>soopa squig
Mod? What rogue army am i looking at here?

Can any lorefags tell me if the humans and dwarfs actually have an alliance? Give me a quick rundown so I can start my Dawi campaign.

Should I be worried?

I'm already a good way through a campaign as Kroq-Gar, and feel like it'd be refreshing to try another one too. I like the knights riding raptors, pirates and strong infantry Malekith is a fairly chill guy too but I'm not that much of a fan of the edgelord slavery-and-spikes-on-everything stuff, should I try out the D-Elves?

wew

They were both at war and they were also friends, but mostly friends. That's where humans got their guns and tanks from. Dwarves taught them. And High Elves taught them magic

They are best buds since Sigmar saved one of the Dwarfen kings.

What's the most slaves you've ever gotten as delves? 34,000 is the most i ever had at once.

Humans and the dorfs are fairly close in the Old World, with the ancient dwarf lords teaching the human kingdoms engineering and mining and the humans providing support to their strongholds after the War of the Beard. Still doesn't mean they won't fulfil a grudge against some upjumped noble shit who's wronged them though.

Sigmar did some cool shit that made the dwarfs like him. The Warhammer of the emperor that the setting is namned after (I think the hammer itself is namned Gal Maraz) was a gift from the manlets to man.

Is that the one with the Squig Based IEDs?

impromptu defensive alliance against Chaos

This is actually pretty fun, even though my light skaven bugs the fuck out during battle

Sometimes the units in my game stutter/have choppy animation, but Im still able to retain 60 fps consistently. I'm playing on Ultra, and my rig should be more than enough to handle it
>rx 580
>8gb ram
>ryzen 1400

not true it all.

the dwarf-human alliance goes back to the days of sigmar.

interesting ancillary

Humans are the young upstarts
Dwarfs cling to what they have left
Some Dwarfs leave their holds to live in human cities
Overall, they're both forces for Order

You think Wilhelm is a what? A "rat-man"? Ridiculous! He has faithfully served the order for years! Sure he may be a bit on the hairy side, but aren't all Averlanders?

it is said no where in the army books that there is an official alliance between the Empire and the various dwarf holds

man tier 3 skaven settlements are infinitely stronger than tier 3 delf settlements for defense

>craven cowardly human necromancer
>ruling over rightful Strigoi clay
the fuck is this? Ushoran would be having a shitfit.

>border princes siege capital with tiny army
>level 5 capital with level 3 walls
>whatever they'll die if they attack
>forget about them
>get a notice that my capital is 0 turns away from surrendering
>lose it

what the fuck i forgot that was even a mechanic
im so dumb

SOUTHERN REALMS STRONK
THE SIGMARNIGGERS HAVE BECOME WEAK, POISONED BY THEIR DECADENCE AND LACK OF CONSTANT GREENSKIN INVASIONS

Fuck elves.

Fuck em real good

I can't wait to poopoo peepee them with orcs and beastmen.

Those aren't elves that's the local punk band

>tfw I didn't theme any of my skaven armies so they have things like a plague grey seer leading monsters and warp cannons

what a shame

Why would they switch such a great menu for the weak shit we get in Warhammer 2? Look how each race has those nice gold details surrounding the factions banner. While Warhammer 2 has some dumb mug shot. Worst thing is they are keeping the warhammer 2 model for Mortal Empires.

Yup.

What are the generic named factions going to become in Mortal Empires?
I can see "The Empire" becoming "Reikland"
Don't know enough about the rest
Von Carstein (Short) and Von Carstein (Daddy)?

>Caledore is strong
>Would take a concerted campaign to take them over especially since they have dragon princes
>Provinces back home would rebel because legendary public order
Do I sit back and chill then right now?

press end

What lord will the Delves get in dlc?

Ally with the guys next to Caledor. I did and Caledor attacked them and I joined the war and Caledor fucked around fighting my ally leaving me to mop up their undefended settlements.

I am playing only playing on Hard though.

Burn Ulthuan to the ground, the only good High Elf is a crispy High Elf.

Did they say they were gonna change the names?

good stuff CA

Tittyrock starts automatically on Wary along with Caledor on legendary. No dice there. They usually start fighting though it seems. Might just need to spend some time consolidating and working on public order in the meantime.
High elves are for breeding not for burning!

>High Elf is a crispy High Elf.
Like Malekith?

The most likely candidate is Malus Darkblade (book-wise the most famous Dark Elf, think Skarsnik tier)
I can see Hellebron being the FLC LL

... And dragons, too, apparently.

are all races able to recruit an entire army in 2 turns or just lizalfos?

>Elyyerian reavers

Malus Darkblade, Blood-Queen Hellebron, and hopefully Lokhir Fellheart with expanded Black Ark mechanics for LLs. For generics, I can't think of any more other than the Black Ark Fleetmaster, and maybe the Beastmaster at a stretch. Hopefully it'll make the dark elves more like evil pirates than just edgier and less competent high elves.

he's fighting the ulthuan Delves, what the fuck else is he supposed to use early game?

It is an oath of eternal friendship made by the High King, which is stronger than some official alliance. And unlike the elves, humans have not broken it (yet)

>Skrolk approaches with a ragtag army of shit units (6 Skavenslave Slingers? Why Skrolk?)
>Mazdamundi racks up 400 kills within seconds of the lines meating
This is wunderbar

Shades with greatswords don't have armour piercing missiles? Should I just stick with the dual weapon ones?

all the shades do

Storm of Chaos units when? I want my Middenheim faction to convert the whole Empire to the true religion

How to deal with dragon?
Imagine sling shots will ricochet off its scales. Think the towers will get any noticeable damage in by the time it flies over?

Why don't you have Warp cannons?

tiny 2nd army defending from the thousand elf wars in early game

>finally confed with tyrion
>looking over his skills
>red choices aren't bad at all
>dedicated to kurnous is shit
>FUCKING BLOODLINE OF AENERION
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

Don't Engineers have a spell that roots fliers?
Or do shitty garrison heroes only have one spell?

how come I get a good auto resolve for this battle

1 nuke

TECLIS

So what is this Curse of Aenerion the tooltip brings up?

Those silver chev chaos stacks are no joke

Good RP experience! You have to live with the curse.

Does that make their faction leader an honorary Loremaster?