/utg/ - Undertale general

School of the Undefeated of the Underground Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/DLcg1o7VAAEVD1E.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLcg1HoUMAAMDAV.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdSjSzW4AAS-ih.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLTOmcuUMAAaVZX.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLexzKLUEAEVEmO.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLZ3xqTUEAAVYf4.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdayvoVwAAOGs-.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdrGMBUEAIJGCJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C2IkMKtVIAAJfrj.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLZ-zCzVwAAa8qH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdtv72U8AAb2sU.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLaG6gFVAAEOszR.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CylWOq-VEAANyQ7.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYLwOkX0AAdUoW.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C1_KyBMUoAENCq_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C2TuQ01UQAA6jIn.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5MsBuZUMAAhJrP.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLb4h_rVoAAKdB6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLbkv-fUMAAGP8W.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdeWmNV4AAArQD.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CyRu-WgUsAAiVQJ.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C10dyEeUcAYlKsE.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C15O6HRUkAEBVFW.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSObsxVAAA1_Ci.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLd9rXEUMAE5EL6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLc_09bVwAAL4y0.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdmAh7VoAAaphY.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DK-d-x-VwAAqsN9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYmyQvU8AAAgOc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYm3y5UQAMKQ64.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYm3zAUIAAlEba.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYm40FUIAASWDL.jpg:orig
youtu.be/_dFk97HVo64
youtube.com/watch?v=9UnFBtJD4x0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nth for demon prince

G Gundam is the shit.

>Asgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLcg1o7VAAEVD1E.jpg:orig
>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLcg1HoUMAAMDAV.jpg:orig
>Omega Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdSjSzW4AAS-ih.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLTOmcuUMAAaVZX.jpg:orig
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLexzKLUEAEVEmO.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLZ3xqTUEAAVYf4.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdayvoVwAAOGs-.png:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdrGMBUEAIJGCJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C2IkMKtVIAAJfrj.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLZ-zCzVwAAa8qH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdtv72U8AAb2sU.jpg:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLaG6gFVAAEOszR.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CylWOq-VEAANyQ7.png:orig
>Alphys
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYLwOkX0AAdUoW.png:orig
>MTT
pbs.twimg.com/media/C1_KyBMUoAENCq_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C2TuQ01UQAA6jIn.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5MsBuZUMAAhJrP.jpg:orig
>Torgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLb4h_rVoAAKdB6.jpg:orig
>Toriel + Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLbkv-fUMAAGP8W.jpg:orig
>humans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdeWmNV4AAArQD.jpg:orig
>Skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/CyRu-WgUsAAiVQJ.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C10dyEeUcAYlKsE.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C15O6HRUkAEBVFW.png:orig
>Fishlizard
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLSObsxVAAA1_Ci.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLd9rXEUMAE5EL6.jpg:orig
>Asriel + Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLc_09bVwAAL4y0.jpg:orig
>Sans + Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdmAh7VoAAaphY.png:orig
>Napstablook as the main cast
pbs.twimg.com/media/DK-d-x-VwAAqsN9.jpg:orig
>Alphys + Papyrus + Sans + Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYmyQvU8AAAgOc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYm3y5UQAMKQ64.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYm3zAUIAAlEba.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DLYm40FUIAASWDL.jpg:orig

Thanks

lizard when?

lizard is tired

now

Sweet dreams, /utg/.

Night, user!

nighty night

fish toes

youtu.be/_dFk97HVo64
Why are there so many Chargeman Ken Undertale memes?
If you search Chargeman Ken on google, you get an Undertale image as the example image.

how are people still talking about this game? what the fuck is there left to talk about

cute humans

>how are people still talking about this game? what the fuck is there left to talk about
There was an update and we talk about theories of Undertale

Post lewds

Dark lewds

How do I unlock the 3D scene wher ethe goat smashes into a bunch of cubes saying "My child you are breaking my heart"?

It's in the intro

Heats Flamesman

Send money directly to dog

Undertale is a lovely game, and I enjoyed it nearly to the fullest... in my first 2 runs. Now, my credibility may drop because I only have around 16 hours in the game, but that was all it really took for me to play it. When playing it for the first time or your 2nd, the game will be enjoyable, have a good atmosphere, and the 16-bit graphics don't hinder it's playability. When being introduced to the mechanics of the game, it can be fairly exciting, just like the first boss fight. After that it seems to drag itself on a bit with a few unnecessary battles and such. The genocide run wasn't too long, I enjoyed it because the difficulty of the battles increased quite a bit, as a new player wouldn't usually do this kind of run as to kill everything. It wasn't so story driven, even if it did try to give you some insight on what happened before you (the player) fell down the hole into the world of monsters. I feel asthough maybe some of the story elements and mechanics weren't necessary to make the game as enjoyable as it was. I'd say it is worth it for the price, but unless you are a patient person willing to play this game over and over, trying to find all the secrets, then I wouldn't recommend it. Back in 2015 when it was released I would say that if you were never spoiled the content of the game, then go ahead. But today, where every aspect of the game has been released somewhere, if you are or were somewhat interested in the game, you would know about 90% of the events that take place in it. I got spoiled a small portion of the game but I still purchased it to experience it myself. I was slightly disappointed, seeing that the choices you make doesn't really affect the ending much, since SPOILER ALERT . I thought that maybe depending on what I chose, my ending would be drastically different, this sadly wasn't the case. There are about 2-3 main possible endings, depending on what you count as one. All of them aren't very different, but one is a happy ending.

My choices in what I did to each character did nothing but have them appear later or not. Even for an indie game, I would've expected it to have a little more decision wise, considering the hype it had on the Patreon page. I'd say my expectations were a little high for what I should've been expecting, but shouldn't we all want the best out of the game we want? Toby and his crew did an excellent job making the game, it just wasn't as much for me as it was other people.

Too Long; Didn't Read
Pros:
-Bullet hell gameplay.
-Decisions (for the most part) affect the future of the game.
-Characters appear to have emotion.
-Quite a few routes depending on the major choices you make.
-Decent combat system.
-Lovable characters.
-Relatively large world.
-Some replayability (depending who you are).
-Story is somewhat understandable.
-Soundtrack is quite nice.
Cons:
-Most of the Fandom (yes, I know you saw this coming).
-Repetitive after first few runs.
-Story seems unrelated to you, as the main character; other than freeing the monsters.
-Only major decisions will affect the story.
-Only a few set endings, not as open as one would like.
-Short "campaign" (take it as you will, some people like short games).
-Similar enemies.
-Repetitive combat.
-Unnecessary dialogue.
-Certain endings can only be achieved by following the exact same path.
-Repetitive enemies.
-Bland main character.
-Convenience makes the game easier (some poeple enjoy that, though).
-Although soundtrack is neat, it is for the most part a bunch of chiptunes.
The game was enjoyable for me, it just got old pretty fast.

Not much of a TL;DR, but it works. The game may or may not deserve such praise from the fandom, and I would argue some people like it only because of the praise that others give it, but I don't account for those people. 2 years ago I would totally recommend this game, but now, it's just been so over-exposed to the point where the game was ruined for me, even if I already got a little bored of it. It was a semi-unique game that got too much attention and was ruined by the fandom it created. The pros of the game are quite nice, but the cons outweigh the pros by quite a bit. Overall it's a decent game, but parts of it make it tedious, boring, or unfunny to me. This is just my opinion though, so I guess it doesn't really matter what I think. For the most part I like to think about the game itself, not my personal gripes with it, so I can truly say whether or not to buy it, and not mislead people with what I personally think. For now it will stay a positive review, because I don't think it deserves a negative review. I can't really say I don't suggest buying it, but if you aren't particularily interested in it, then don't buy it just because you have the money, as you might never get into it.

Fair assessment, game is best when you don't know everything about it, but even then it can catch you off guard. A lot of people for instance know that Asriel existd, but don't make the connection between him and Flowey until the end.

I kind of disagree on the endings though. While Geno and TP are the 'main' ending, there's definitely a lot of variation in the neutral ends, from anarchy to say, Mettaton's glamorous dystopia. It just doesn't feel radically different, because to the world as a whole, nothing changes. The internal situation of the Underground is largely irrelevanf to the outside world, whereas TP changes and Geno erases the status quo.

That said, at least you enjoyed your time with the game for the most part, which is all one can really ask for.

>considering the hype it had on the Patreon page

the what now?

The hype, can't you read? That's what she wrote.

I meant the patreon

We can dance?

We can dance if you want to, we can leave your friends behind

yes let's do that, especially that last part

Would be much better if an Aaron interrupted the dance and smashed xir's skull to tiny fragments ;)

Frisk's Aura of Adorable provides a lot of damage resistance.

Friskriel is boring, Chariel at least has some drama to it

if i wanted drama i'd visit tumblr, sometimes you just want to inject sugar into your veins

I want Cagney to fight Flowey

youtube.com/watch?v=9UnFBtJD4x0

i want to fuck chara.

All my sympathy for Homura evaporated post-Rebellion

there arent any tumblr fags in here right guys?

The ending twist wasn't that great for her character development.

If you think about it, she's the one who has it worst - Rebellion was a happy end for everyone but her and Kyubey.

>purchased
nigga just torrent it

Reminder that most people on Earth agree that the game is good (in an above average game) but ruined by the fanbase.

They're talking about YOU_______________________________

And she's got no one to blame but herself.

furries and tumblrniggers ruin the game

So in other words, the /utg/ regulars.

Reminder that most people on Earth literally couldn't care less about Undertale because they don't know it exists

That's why it hurts the most... ;_;

If it wasn't for her telling Kyubey about Madoka, he wouldn't have tried the Isolation Field. But if she hadn't captured Madoka herself after they broke the field, he would have tried it a second time and succeeded, bringing witches back and rendering Madoka's efforts pointless.

It feels like the situation at the end was the best possible outcome available at that point in time.

Should we go on an ardent crusade to bring the light to them?

We never gave needle cookies to an artist and then celebrated it, so there's that.

Engrave Frisk's face on the moon

This guy did

what does this have to do with the game?

I'm not a big fan of long-haired or grown up Frisk, it doesn't feel right.

Cringe as fuck, just like 99% of the pics ITT

You ain't seen nothing, user.

How many of the have an alive or even existing Papyrus in their story?

Gasterblaster Sans is fine.

Is there any regular ITT who isn't a massive atheist Bernie-loving Muslim-loving feminist ally numale cuckold?

Genuinely wondering

I'm the only one who's not like that.

Yes but nobody really likes him

How many variations of this do you post a day?

only the furries and tumblr fags are like that

If Asriel was saved, he wouldn't be a cutesy cinnamon bun.

He would be a badass master manipulator anti hero who frequently uses his cuteness to fool people into trusting him so they'd go along with his plans.

tumblr's level of headcanon

That's sad.
I'm sure you're thinking of some kind of slick "awesome" master manipulator goat, but you're basically describing an Asriel that's still fucked in the head from the things Chara did, and exaggerated it instead of recovering.

WHAT?! YOU REMEMBER?! HOW COULD I BE DEFEATED SO EASILYYYYYY?!!

I never said it wasn't sad. He'd probably wish he could have been a more traditional hero who achieves noble goals using noble means. But old Flowey habits die hard.

Help

Wow, they even have food-themed ship names.

That's old news.

I wonder if someone could open up a restaurant where all the items on the menu are UT
AU ship names.

Even if his instincts are to manipulate, he'd never be able to do it like Flowey. Flowey got to know specific people and their specific thoughts on specific days. That doesn't necessarily translate to skills he can apply to anybody all the time. Also when he has he feels remorse for what he did. You're right he won't be a cinnamon roll and Flowey will pop out from time to time, but he'll want to be better.

BEG! ...for death.

(And I'll make it quick.)

FRI

Why give her horns?

No idea. I didn't draw it.

>Asriel a hero
>ever
lol no hes a piece of shit murderer like his father. You wouldn't try and claim Asgore is a good person so you shouldn't try and claim Asriel is one either, especially since he did even worse.

Fuck off Asrielfags

Sapient

Bipedal

Magical

Beings

With

Caprine

Features

Children

Down syndrome.

Atonement is a traditional heroic motivation dating back to ancient mythology.

Hercules is considered a hero and he murdered his family.

Asriel never atones for shit you retarded cuck. Your shitty goat is a piece of shit murderer flower and regardless of how much you headcanon or whine about it that's all he'll ever be

Does feeling the need to denigrate people for their choice of which fictional characters they like fill the void in your life from coming to terms that there is no inherent meaning in the universe?

He doesn't fully atone, certainly, but he makes an attempt. Rather than keeping the human souls (and the accumulated monster souls), he uses their power to shatter the barrier before returning the monster souls.Had he kept the souls, he could have kept his form as Asriel, rather than eventually returning to the soulless Flowey form, but he burns the humans souls' power to destroy the barrier to let everyone go free. Pretty big sacrifice.

I agree that it doesn't make up for some of the stuff he's done (altering the timeline over and over again, murdering everyone in countless ways), but it's a step in the right direction.

When dumb cucks choose to praise or like a piece of shit Because they want to fuck him? Hell yeah I'm going to call them out on it.
He never will atone you fucking idiot because his character and story arc ends there. Asriel will always be a worthless murderer and that's final. He doesn't get saved nor does he deserve it.

This is Anne - she is a famous singer and Mettaton's rival.She is arrogant ,vain and jealous.

Okay. Please go now.

I'm going to forgive my favourites for their wrongdoings and you can't stop me!

No one cares if you want to be retarded and love a serial killer but don't pretend that your opinion has any value or is somehow canon. You deserve to only be mocked and shit on for your shitty opinions

>he says
>then gets triggered when we forgive Hitler for his wrongdoings (not killing enough Jews)

He's really not.

>Stop liking things I don't like! Waaaa!

And you deserve only to be mocked and shit on for being an asshole to other people because of things they like.

Grow the fuck up.

Have a good weekend, people.