/dg/ - Destiny General

>>LIVE EVENTS

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/naddzlv/status/916419537393905664
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for fuck DO

first for bowpuccis

First for OP's pic is shit, there's no reason to do any of those things.

Okay /dg/, shill Destiny 2 for me.

first for >thinking you're hot shit when you only do PvE

Why do you have to be so toxic? The thread just started.

I fucking can't

Toxic, reported.

E N T I T L E D

I'm sorry anons, I'm just hurting because crucible is what kept me playing D1 and I hate it in it's entirety in D2.

Come play some D1 crucible with us. It's massively active.

Why was Crucible what kept you playing Destiny, user?

>he plays PvP
>he think D2 PvP takes skill

I just loved it. I loved control. I loved being decently good, and being able to carry randoms to victory. I loved playing trials every weekend with my buds, and going to the lighthouse together, even if it was hard. I loved making good plays, and using weapons I found fun instead of just meta-defining ones.

None of that feels possible now. I have no agency in any of the games, it's just who team shoots better. My abilities hardly do anything, I just use my primary (read, nameless midnight) all game.

Lightning grenades are way better in D2 because of their sheer range
Make different grenades have separate cooldown traits, make pulse grenades the slowest cooldown by default because titans can get two of them, this would incentivize other grenades being used as well if nades went back to D1 cooldowns.

>he thinks D2 PvE is worth bragging about
>implying killing braindead AI takes even an ounce of skill
>implying people care about your k/d against AI

t. sub 20 k/d shitter

>throw lightning grenade in D1
>DOUBLE
>TRIPLE
>BREAKER
>SEVENTH COLUMN!!!!!
>throw one in D2
>charges up for 3 seconds before hitting no one because you have to be retarded or extremely distracted to not notice

If they're going to try and make Crucible "balanced and competitive" they might as well go full eSports and have a bunch of different pre-set Guardian characters with unique skills you have to buy season passes for.

Literally who brags about PvE in this general besides sonynigger namefags? We already know they are shitters so it doesn't matter

>make pulse grenades the slowest cooldown by default because titans can get two of them

Second grenade always takes twice as long as the first to charge you moronic fuck, you could at least learn how the system works before you start whining about changes.

hi zippy how are you enjoying PvE?

I respect your dedication user. I could never get into Crucible, so I barely did Iron Banner and never did Trials.
>implying anything in Destiny 2 requires any skill beyond basic motor skills and functioning eyesight

It's not going to change. Enjoy it or don't play it and shut the fuck up about it.
Some peopel actually enjoy new PvP.
Unironically stop being fucking entitled.

I still have to play at least 4-6 games of Quickplay a week for powerful gear so I'd like Crucible to be good.

t. Hasn't beaten prestige nightfall solo or one plated Calus
*pfft* casualfags when will they learn

>balanced and competitive

That would imply every player must use the same weapons and only the same classes with the same builds to be worth a shit and not drag the rest of the team down, oh wait.

>boner calling others shitters

>implying any of those are hard
>implying I didn't do them the week they came online

>the week
>not the day
I want shitters to leave

I used to be an Xbowner and now I'm an Ex-bowner. Borealis isn't even that good.

D1 PvP is STILL active as hell. Go play it. Go check twitch. Hundreds of people still play.

twitter.com/naddzlv/status/916419537393905664

Trials is over.

Why brag about things that don't give you in-game rewards?

iktf

Borealis is nice for multiburn but ps exclusive weapons are always an extra choice and never over powered.

are the guardians ageless? or do they age normally while alive?
when they are resurrected after death are they resurrected to the form they were in when they first died, or since they last died?

because the trailer shows zavala, shaxx, an the speaker all present before the city was built and its' very old

Maybe they'll change it to Countdown on a different map. God I can only hope.

>tfw no Holliday gf

Saladin is even older, considering he taught Zavala and Shaxx. So yeah there has to be some immortality involved.

>get flawless
>literaly get a dpulicate of every single piece I had from my last flawless
>only new piece of gear was the titan mark

Holy fuck I hate this random vendor system so goddamn much

>best gamemode
>best map
>ruined because bungo are incompetent as fuck
Destiny 2 awaits, guardian

Didn't Shores of Time let you jump up above the walled area around B spawn? I remember it took Bungie two fucking years before that was patched.

>having an opinion this shit
GUARANTEED (You)s

I want to go flawless at least once in my life ;_;

sup pandox

>tfw no Mother of Awoken gf

stop replying to me

>tfw no Hawthorne gf

you okay there bud

oh user...

you okay there bud

should have stuck with satan there bud

>Destiny 1 PVP
>Active as hell
>Hundreds of people still play

Pick one.

WE'RE GONNA
ROCK
DOWN
TO
ELECTRIC AVENUE

you okay there bud

are you buds okay

anyone for trials? Not anticipating I can carry anyone here to flawless, just want to play the game mode and tbag some ppl.

psn is Shak3speare059

you uriels there gift

You fingertips there primus?

I always just make mike pence jokes
I call the arc souls pence jrs.

>tfw no bud to ask me if I'm okay
I'm not..

Do I wear you out?

Man I'm so tired that this stupid post actually made me chuckle.

>check achievement percentages on xbox
>12% beat raid
>50% did a flashpoint
>64% reached level 20
>80% did a heroic public event
wut

can someone tell me the numbers is shows for PS4

are you okay user?
I love you

>want to bro it up and make a bro feel better when he's in the dumps
>can't because he just posted an anime girl and if i try to bro it up that'd be really gay

god dammit user

I don't know how many beat the raid but I do know over 40 something percent of players on ps4 have done the
Nightfall, which seems like a lot

Wait for at least the first DLC, preferably the second, before making a decision. Unfortunately bunghole is dripping content so slowly it makes D1 content drip seem like a waterfall. After the dlcs see if there is enough content to justify the purchase price. I have enjoyed my time with the game, don't get me wrong, but at this point it's back to only playing on reset and occasionally Friday when Xur shows up.

That's clearly Inter. Haven't touched trials at all yet this week survival trials sounds lame

Mike "Turn to the Dark, get the Arc" Pence
Mike "Arc Soul If You Fuck The Wrong Hole" Pence
Mike "Dick Holders Get Charged Shoulders" Pence

So that Destiny 2 huh, pretty fun and stuff.

>Mike "Arc Soul If You Fuck The Wrong Hole" Pence
ok this one got me

Mike "Enjoy the cock get the shock" Pence
Mike "Hooked on sodomy time for a labotomy" Pence
Mike Palpatine Pence

>tfw no bud to fuck me in the ass like the hungry cockslut i am.

feels bad

14.6% raid
60.5% flashpoint
81.7% level 20
46.8% nightfall

92.3% heroic public event

come here bby

>hardcase has the skull head on the back of the helmet under the rest of the bullshit
Neat.

>301 light level
>haven't even completed the raid, only done the nightfall twice
I played D1 from slightly before TTK to the release of RoI and I know the grind prior to that was horrible (forever 29 etc) and I imagine the grind got a bit easier after RoI (maybe not though not sure on that one), but I can't tell how to feel about this. I feel like the TTK era was in a good sweet spot for LL progress, the raid or trials could give you big leaps but everything else you did, like iron banner, strikes, crucible, could give you small incremental upgrades that gave you an incentive to play them. Legendary engrams dropped at 291 when everything I had was 299 or 298 was incredibly annoying. Also what the fuck is even the point of light levels now? There's not a single game mode where they matter besides having a minimum requirement to run the nightfall, raid, or do trials. Doing these "end game" activities is just about collecting cosmetics, nothing useful, which makes them feel hollow.

welcome to a game without content, etc etc.

>model having tris you don't see
that's not neat

Mike "Titan Strike the Dyke" Pence
Mike "Fist and Suck? Fist of Havoc" Pence

Especially considering its barely utilized.

Actually, after fucking around a bit, the amount of unused tris isn't that bad.
The full helmet is just under 2k tris, but after deleting all the unneeded tris on the base helmet it only drops to about 1600 tris.
The base helmet itself is only about 700 tris in the first place.
Would be good for them to have removed the unseen tris, but I doubt it changes too much.
Also, I think the model is pulled from the bungie site, and not the game.
So I can't be 100% sure that its the same in game, let alone at all lods.
Though I will just go ahead and assume it is.

>Pay $40 for the first 2 dlcs ontop of $60 to see if there is enough content to justify the purchase price

I really fucking hate that no one uses the bungie LFG tool correctly. Lazy fucking faggots.

How do you use it correctly?

After everyone checks the box, the host should lock the group and invite everyone. But everyone hosting just puts add me and you don't know if the 7m old post is full or not and they don't ever look back once they make the post

I'm definitely hot trash

Their system is based around a separate utility used to generate gear.
There are pre-made armor pieces and then they are snapped together in different configurations to quickly shit out different armor sets.
So while those tris appear not to have any purpose, they're actually there to ensure that there are no gaps and shit when the tool does its thing. It doesn't always work out, sometimes there are gaps still, but for the most part it works.

There's an old devspeak presentation they did which shows exactly how they do it but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

>using bungie lfg
why

is the prosecutor auto rifle from trials any good?

I have seen that one.
My post was about whether or not the extra tris cause any performance issues.
Which I doubt, being that its not really that many faces hidden away.
Just removing the unneeded tris didn't really remove that many faces, and presumably the ps4 and xbone can handle rendering an 400 faces that aren't really needed to make sure that we don't have any bullshit going on with gaps and whatnot.
Though, without being able to check/ask someone at bungie, I can't confirm that thats still how they do it.
Though I see no reason for them to change it now, so I have to assume thats still how it works.
I also assume that the website models are probably just the highest lods.
But I don't see any reason to change how the system works for lower lods unless they really need to get rid of maybe a thousand faces on a player model at anything beyond a medium distance.

Also they do have a culling engine, so back faces and ones blocked by object are not rendered.

>Destiny lfg is also hot garbage
Fuck it, I guess I won't raid on a Friday night fuck this game and fuck bungie for making guided games such a shitshow.