/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

The Other Promise Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqnQ
Excerpt—Hercules Trailer: youtu.be/GNebfmXqHQ4
Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areasJuly18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/July18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expoJuly18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760July19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator Update 2.37.67 - Spirit / Pet slot is live
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5Jp-MtAAmaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will Terra have his big moment in 3?

Of course not, Lingering Will will

Don't split hairs user.

Lingering Will is all of Terra's good points with none of the flaws

pretty sure LW doesnt have a big meaty cock

Yet another reason why he's superior

wow are you gay?

So the best case scenario is that I get HD Xion EX and Kairi 0.2? And if I manage to get Kairi 0.2 right before I give up on rerolling, is that a decent enough scenario? Furthermore, what are some medals I should keep an eye out for assuming I give up and can't get Kairi or Xion?

Hell no.

Yeah if you get Kairi 0.2 and are just tired of rerolling you can go with that, there's a few too many to really think of, something nice for example is Illustrated Terra B, Tifa and Aerith's -2 GDD is also nice, getting a copy medal would also be sweet

Basically keep an eye out for medals that give at least or more than +3 P/S/M buffs or defense debuffs, or Gen Attack buffs, and -2 Gen Def debuffs

Empty suit of armor you can climb into, and warm you up is far superior to meat

>GDD
>P/S/M
>Gen buffs

Please elaborate, I'm still very new. I assume P/S/M means Power, Speed and Magic?

What would go through LW's mind if Aqua climbed into him.

General defense debuffs
Power, strength, magic
General buffs

You can buff attack and defense generally
And specifically for P/S/M
Also upright now since EX Kairi came out
They stack, you want as many buffs as you can get.

You're right about PSM yes, PSM buffs to your attack is good, though the general attack up is its own buff and more important to raise up first before raising PSM attributes, each kind can only go up to 7 so preferable you try to reach 7 with as few medals as possible, increasing PSM Attack, and decreasing PSM def are basically the same, but General Attack Up and General Defense Down are not, once shit gets really difficult you'll notice far more of a difference from increasing the latter over the former

>tweek my setup by 1 or 2 medals
>suddenly 20 levels higher in coliseum
never thought I'd see enemies with levels in the 4 digits
how high do i need to get to secure top 1000?
rate my setup

>i am become girl

F O U R
B U F F E R S

X-XEHANORT SENPAI PLEASE STOP!

Does this conversation actually imply Xemnas didn't know Marluxia was traitor and this is why he recruits him into his new club?

SOON

He knew he was a traitor

Sounds like Xemnas barely gave a shit and this was just Saix's keikaku

Xemnas knew of all the traitors, including Saix and Axel.

Poor guy, he just wants to make an Organization full of empty shells to fill, and they go and all become a bunch of traitorous whores, and the couple who don't are murdered by traitors, and Sora

This
There's a cutscene later saying this was a way to get saix a higher ranking in the organization
After CoM, the only ones above him were xaldin, xigbar, and xemnas himself
why he was so obsessed with becoming 2nd in command better be explained in kh3 because nomura lost his chance to explain any character motives with Days

+7, -7 general and +4,-1 attribute ain't too shabby

You know it my good man.

>There's a cutscene later saying this was a way to get saix a higher ranking in the organization
>After CoM, the only ones above him were xaldin, xigbar, and xemnas himself
He does it to take the spot Zexion was gonna occupy.

>+7, -7 general and +4,-1 attribute ain't too shabby
I get that and more in one medal
:^)

He also mentions to Axel that there's something Xemnas isn't telling the rest of them. He probably wanted to find out what the secret plans Xemnas had were. Which as of DDD I'm assuming is the whole Nobodies can regrow hearts thing.

Also one scene I love from Days is where him and Axel are drifting apart and he mentions if Axel has forgotten about their plans and emphasizes calling Axel, Lea in one scene.

>Also one scene I love from Days is where him and Axel are drifting apart and he mentions if Axel has forgotten about their plans and emphasizes calling Axel, Lea in one scene.
The whole Axel and Saix friendship has a lot of shit that could be inferred and it sucks that while we get a decent amount about it, we could have had a lot more and more on the other Org members in general had it not been The Xion Show.

Aren't Kingdom Hearts fans now of an old enough demographic to casually retcon Marluxia's elemental attribute from "flower" to what it really is?

desu?

wat

You asked in one of the last threads, nobody truly gives a fuck. Move on.

Indeed, Fauna is the more mature term

It's flora

>not Fleur

still can't believe Marluxia's title has always been Graceful ASSASSIN.

Imagine kids looking up what that word is a decade ago.

Some of you fucks have the weirdest thoughts and for some reason feel the need to share with the class.

it's because Kingdom Hearts has been absurdly dark and somber since CoM but KH1 was a happy goofy adventure with Disney characters having fun

Sure is Reddit up in here

>but KH1 was a happy and go lucky adventure
>first introduction to the heartless is seeing a man die from a shadow
>Clayton gets crushed by a dying heartless
>the final level of the game is literally the end of the world
>Riku stabs Magnificent
>mind control
>possession
Mhmm sure happy and goofy adventure.

>it's a "is kh a kids game?" episode
i hate reruns

> Starts out as psychotic selfish brat (KH1), to guilt-ridden anti-hero (CoM/Days), to selfless hero finally redeemed (KH2 and onward)

Is Riku the best written character

We're old enough to look up what flowers are symbolic for in Japanese culture thank you very much.

>Scientific name for Cherry Blossoms is Crataegus Lumaria.

Anyone else only just get this now?

What's so bad about flowers? The vita spells seem to be long to this category too.

Hello Germany

That's been known since forever and was thus the most commonly guessed name for our boy

Let's see

> Scythe
> Originally cherry petal motif
> Graceful *Assassin*
> Many Doom themed abilities
> Pic related's killer

IT'S DEATH

Only copped it when looking at the wiki. Who's Somebody names haven't been revealed yet? Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord? Anything particularly meaningful there?

It's flowers
You lack a sense of poetry

>he thinks flowers as a physical item are poetry
Christ almighty user

Poetry is about symbolism

Death lacks aesthetic, you adulthood obsessed manchild

>Death lacks aesthetic
Ever since suicide pilots started painting sakura on their plains in WWII, the flower has had a connotation associated to death.

Nomura didn't give Marluxia that motif on top of the reaper scythe for shits and giggles.

Japanese people see Marluxia

> i-it's Death!

Americans see Marluxia

> LOL PINK HAIR AND FLOWERS, GAYYYY

He's pretty menacing d e s u
I like his design

The flower is the primary element because they're pretty things which symbolize whatever they're supposed to symbolize well while still looking good, just saying it's Death is incredibly boring in comparison

Also they've given him a rose focus since Re:CoM anyway

Dude's still flamboyant looking, it's just that he doesn't have that deep voice in English, and it'd be funny to hear it coming from Lauriam

> it's just that he doesn't have that deep voice in English

to be fair, his English VA literally voices death personified in another popular game

Right, Death = Sakura. So there's no need to be so upset about it. It's both.

Yeah, Xemnas knew basically everything that went down.

>Recruit a guy who was around before/during/after the Keyblade War
>Recruit the Nobody of the big hero who murdered your other half
>>He happens to be the actual Nobody of the guy you split in half to be the X-blade and reach your ultimate goal
>>But you forgot that so it's not as bad
>Know there's an impostor going around but don't do anything about him
>This same impostor murdered two of your members and is best friends with the big hero
Yeah no he deserved to lose

I hope Sora gets more then 4 magic types in KH3.
>7 types in KH1, 6 in KH2
Its not going to happen is it?

You're that fuck from the last thread. What is it with people and not being able to let go

>Recruit a guy who was around before/during/after the Keyblade War
He doesn't know that. And xigbar was the one who recruited him
>Know there's an impostor going around but don't do anything about him
Both xion and roxas were sent to defeat and/or capture him. Xion was shit and roxas couldn't catch him.

He's significantly younger in Ux (like the rest of them), so he'd have a high-ish Yuri Lowenthal-like voice. He's pretty monotone in CoM and IIFM aside from a grunt or two, is that different in the Japanese version

There are three shortcut pages and it'd be stupid if the other two were only for items.

That's fair. We still don't know how he managed to get Ven, so I'll give that to him.

But for Riku, he should have handled that as soon as he realized Roxas was gone.

That says more about Americans than Marluxia.

>James Woods retired
m-maybe he recorded his lines before he packed it away, r-right?

>Have all available Dark Matter
>Last Electrum I need is from quest 160
They're never going to fix this, are they?

Fix what?

Probably one of those missions that got buffed like hell in exchange for Pets

Not him, but when the pet update came out they changed a couple of the missions for proud mode to be harder. The problem is that they didn't change the requirements to beat the mission. 160 is one of them and the requirements to beat are kinda tough, especially trying to do it in one turn.
I was the user like a week ago who had issues with it and I was finally able to beat it the other day.

Take out an Iron Giant with 60 bars of health in one turn, using medals with 8+ hits. Before the pets update it was just some minor enemies. Admittedly I could have cleaned up my missing Electrum earlier, but I had no way of knowing they would make these quests harder in the future; I don't doubt I could now do the original version of the quest with no problem.

I freaking despise NicoB.

Oh shit. Well I'm glad I did it before the update. RIP to everyone else.

Who?

>Who?

youtu.be/5Jp-MtAAmaI

A good preview of the person he is.

Coming to ps4 pro from Xbox One. Last Playstation I had was 2. I thought Playstation downloads the disc games too. I can't find a way to do so, how do I do that shit to cut down on load times and whatnot? Also is the Theater mode free dlc the 2 games hd cutscenes?

The Theater Mode is only for KHFM, which until now was the only game not to have it.

The other DLC is for Days to include the final boss fight. They're both free.

The two games that are HD cinematics, Days and Re:coded, are included on the disc.

>I thought Playstation downloads the disc games too. I can't find a way to do so
If you put the disc in, it's already done. It installs the data from the disc.

>random faggot on youtube
Why should I care?

Why would you bring him up

Venting

>tfw we find out this little guy has been lying to us this whole time
We're gonna turn to the darkness aren't we?

Holy hell, 358/2 Days aged horribly. Am I better off playing it on DesMuMe so I can try to adjust it to look less like pixelated garbage?

>implying we haven't been DARKNESS for a long time now

So is it better in KH1 to start slow paced so you hit the later levels much faster? Or is it better to just have normal pace?

Days was already garbage the day it came out; it hasn't 'aged' at all. You're better off ignoring that it even exists

it depends on what you plan on doing this run. If you're trying to speed through the whole game, like say on beginner so you can do unchanged equipment and the speed run trophies, then you'd want earlier levels. But if you're doing a playthrough with all the bosses, I'd suggest later levels. I dunno if that's quite so appropriate for proud mode or anything, especially since some crazy people actually do level 1 runs of that. I can't imagine how absurdly long it takes to beat boss battles.

>spend 30K guilting Final Xion
>realize there's no good place for her in any of my keyblades

What the fuck do you use her in other than a monocolour blade?

divine rose, stroke of midnight

>have no guilted magic
>those are all magic heavy

Whelp, this was a massive waste of lux...

>the moogle in the black coat

My sides, holy hell. I'd forgotten all about him.

Moogles are already heartless jews anyway, so how it can exist is a mystery

So, I'm playing DDD on 3DS for the first time, and I feel kind of lost with what to do with the Dream Eaters
I'm at Symphony of Sorcery but I only fused 8 of them

Alright, /khg/, what's your favorite disney x square interaction in the games

Congrats, you didn't happen to randomly come across whatever dream eaters have whatever abilities you might want, like second chance or leaf bracer... did you? I mean, it's no shame if you were doing it blind.