/fg/ - Falcom General #112

Stahlritter edition

Previous thread: Watch out: CS3 Spoilers in the thread.

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending:
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B7K-CMT78L8
youtube.com/watch?v=05EWMvLI80s
youtube.com/watch?v=YShfJxtx00I
youtube.com/watch?v=XTTiFwzdXlA
youtube.com/watch?v=hELEnwtlTo8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for kurt

>Lorence S-Craft
>ok
>gets another turn after one of yours
What the fuck

>Barkhorn uses his airship to troll the fuck out of Gaius and his pals
You shitty old man

He's the fastest enemy in the game and has exclusive arts. Without S-Crafts on the bonus turns you'd never be able to beat him cause he has no casting time on his heal

We didn't get Crossbell back!

>tfw Cold Steel killed the general

Better than /v/ at the moment, who are proclaiming Falcom to be dead and going into austistic screeches about how CS3 ruined Kiseki forever.

We aren't that bad. Sometimes.

/v/ is still better than Reddit or the Falcom Discord, true

Fuck Nisa
Fuck Sen
Fuck PS4

It's unbelievable how Falcom are able to create such realistic and vivid worlds full of memorable characters and NPCs in their games. Like with Legend of Heroes games basically every NPC has a distinct personality and ongoing story. Though the story isn't really unique and it only really kicks in after the first half of the game, the care for detail that was put into the world building elevates the game's narrative so much, makes it feel so much more alive than most other JRPGs, that i felt totally immersed in the game and didn't want it to end. I just didn't want to leave the characters, i've grown so attached to them. I'm not saying it was a better game than Persona 5, but i personally enjoyed it more than ATLUS flagship title this year, or rather i was much more invested in the game's world. It's really all thanks to how much care was put into the inhabitants of Morimiya (the town in which the game takes place) and the main characters. Also i have to say that the bonding events were really good in this game, actually as good as the bonding events in Trails of Cold Steel. Again: Falcom really put alot of effort into the world building of this game. It actually felt like Trails of Cold Steel, but with an action RPG battle system and of cause a modern day setting.
Something i wasn't really sure about at first was the pretty simply ARPG battle system. But holy damn were the controls smooth. Actually i'm not really good with ARPGs as i loose controle alot, but i'm amazed how Falcom were able to shape Trails of Cold Steels engine into such an responsive ARPG.
So all in all: If you like the Legend of Heroes games for their world building, interesting characters and NPC interactions, you would definitely love the game. I have to say that the final boss and the normal ending (not the true ending though) kicked me in the guts and made me cry like a littlle school girl... Bravo Falcom. Absolutely fantastic.

Don't you mean fuck XSEED? They're the ones who hate PC gaming.

This memery has been going on for days along with some of your pastas.

Give it a rest. Everyone on this board knows the game is shit.

yea fuck NISA, that's why I pirated Danganronpa v3

Is Calamity better than Tauros for S-Breaking the game?

>Playing ronpashit at all

god fkn dammit wheres YS8 ON PC

Give NISA 1-2 month.

Generals dead because people who avoided the spoilers are gone
Also dead because people who wanted the spoilers got em and left ;_; bye bye guys

Hey, don't worry. Zwei II's coming out soon.

What's that, isn't this a trails general

A nice, comfy respite from Kondo's Kiseki wild ride.

I've seen some gameplay videos, I guess there's no jump button huh?

i literally want to fuck towa

is it time to talk about the best falcom game and it's protagonist struggle with survivors guilt?

I would if there's a way to play the english version. I heard the patch is out but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Is this one of those games where the title and cover have nothing to do with the actual content

the title and the original cover have nothing to do with the game itself, the remake cover is much closer.

Also the OP is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=B7K-CMT78L8

Yeah, play Ys VIII if you want actual dinosaur resurrection.

For how long can Erika deny Agate when the entire world ships them?

>Every Cold Steel game has had the capital go to shit in the climax
I don't think they're even going to be able to fix it after the shit that will happen in the 4th game

Agate brought Tita over to ground zero

You can pirate the Vita version?

I can almost guarantee that Erika etc OK'd to get a look at Soldats and Divine Knights, seems like the kind of thing that ZCF would be interested in.

Just open their borders and let Calvard fix it for them user

Holy fuck Ash initial MQ is insane when paired with Juna

It's easy to buff himself and then S Craft with it too

youtube.com/watch?v=05EWMvLI80s
youtube.com/watch?v=YShfJxtx00I
>Ryo Takeshita
Now I'm hyped for Zwei 2

I want to bully Altina

With headpats?

Yes, but that's not all.
I would bully her with my dick.

Do NOT lewd the daughterfu.

>paired with Juna
You mean rean's 1st brave order that restores the 10 CP ash used for his self buff to fire a 200 CP S-craft, besides boosting the attack by 20%.

She is a fapbait since CS2. Get over it.

Waiting for doujins because half-gnome slut a shit.

How do you like the final dungeon theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=XTTiFwzdXlA

>It's just a remix of Reverie Corridor
youtube.com/watch?v=hELEnwtlTo8

Fucking Falcom I swear, they're getting lazier these days.

It uses a similar motif, but it's hardly the same thing.

Just cleared the game on normal taking the time to do pretty much everything; Completed the fishing, got all the books and cards, got S rank and maxed the school enrichment level, think I got all the quests except accidentally forgetting to do Sidney's before advancing earlier on. Didn't manage to analyse all the enemies because I always just equip the thing that automatically does it when you kill them in subsequent playthroughs. Total playtime was 91 hours even though I'm a relatively fast reader, skip most battle animations, and started running past most enemies after fighting them once near the end.

I like how they broke the battle system even more with the order stuff, you can stunlock anything and kill it without even letting it move.

>stunlocking everything

So pretty much like AT delay cheese, except it only works after an initial trade of blows and with a full team.

What's funny is that there's plenty of people out there who don't know how to properly take advantage of the commands, and end up just fucking themselves over.

I haven't been in the thread so I don't know what's been posted, but I presume most of the obvious spoilers have gone up, so I'll just post some of the less obvious stuff.

-The town branch II is in is Josette's family's former territory and she still visits sometimes

-Lenne is going to school in Liberl and is now taller than Tita

-Ouroboros seems to have been established relatively recently; Sharon's original organisation was absorbed by them "when it was still new", and Rose says they just showed up about 20 years ago.

-Olivier had been getting closer with Scherazard, going on dates and shit

-Claire's father and uncle ran a music instrument company, but her uncle tried to murder her entire family (she was the only survivor; parents and brother died) after her father found out about the uncle doing shifty shit. She found out and with Osbourne's help exposed him and had him executed. Michael is her cousin. It turns out that the uncle was afflicted by the curse of the Great One.

-Lector's father was a noble officer and one of the instigators of the Harmel incident. He was also afflicted by the curse of the Great One.

-Gideon predicted that Osbourne would put a national mobilisation law into effect and you can obtain his writings on the subject as a book

>Gideon was right

I guess his extremism sorta makes sense now. Also can you tell us a bit about Hugo? Why is he suddenly doing all this nasty shit against competitors?

>Gideon
Best boy didn't deserve his fate.

Meanwhile Campanella has been around since the dark ages. I wonder what his deal is.
Ouroboros being relatively new also makes sense, if they were around for ages, they would have gotten their hands on the sept-terrions way before current events.

Guan loved Sen III.

-All of the Anguis aside from Vita decided on working with Osbourne which resulted in her running off, though she's still loyal to the Grand Master

-Blblanc is close to Vita so he pretty much got kicked out too

-Dubary was a minor noble saved by Arianrhod when she tried to avenge her parents and was ganged up on, Eines was a bracer who was impressed by her skills, fought her and lost, and asked to become a disciple, and Ennea was an enforcer for the DG cult (brainwashed and given powers like the other children) who was saved by her. They've been with her for around 8 years but didn't know anything about her silver Deus Excellion, and by the end are confused about what Ouroboros is trying to do and wondering if they're on the right side (though they still want to believe in her)

-Mary's father doesn't know about her and Makalov and is still trying to matchmake her, but her mother found out and is on her side

-Dorothe debuted as a BL novel writer and her book is popular in Astraea and is spread around Thors II by Musse and Tatiana

-Roselia is the base for Rose of the Crimson Moon though it's not entirely accurate (she was never a nun, she just cooperated with the church). The events actually happened 200 years ago.

Hugo

Seems to have been working with Osbourne lot to some extent but he seems to be regretting his decisions when he sees everything get fucked up at the end

No wonder they're so loyal to her.

So Toval's an A rank huh

With the right setup you just issue the order and use an S craft or even just a regular craft and get an instant break right away.

FAG is strong enough to go against Campanella 1 on 1. Do not underestimate him.

>Bleublanc is close to Vita so he pretty much got kicked out too

How high on the best boy scale would you place him if he actually saved the ones aboard the courageous?

Kinda assumed he'd be A but they never did say outright for whatever reason. That and Toval doesn't look like a person who'd be A rank haha

-Olivier had been getting closer with Scherazard, going on dates and shit

Thank fucking lord. I was beginning to think the series had forgotten they were a thing.

Huh, the Stahlritter aren't immortal like her and Dubully is really a naive kid.

>Blublanc is close to Vita
Really now? He doesn't seem to be that kind of person.

Really fucking high. There's no way he's going to let his rival die in the ugliest way possible as that is not his style.

He admires beauty, and the current plan could be considered ugly in his view. Him having some affiliation with Vita probably helped things, but i doubt it's the entire reason.

I honestly thought he was especially with how casual he was with Vita at the climax of CS1.

Falling under the radar's the entire game plan for a career smuggler.

What? Vita is a musician with a distinct fashion sense. How would Bleublanc not be all over that?

You know it's an ugly way to die when Even Osborne didn't seem to like it despite ordering. Hell none of the villains actually gloated about it. Curiously Osborne only gloated at the very end when he neck lifted Rean. I think Cedric and Alisa's dad gloated more than he did.

alisa's dad was the one who actually pressed the button so no wonder.

That was apparent since the Magazines spoiled their ages. Not to mention if they lived for hundreds of years they would be much stronger.

The very start of Star Door 14 could be taken that way.
He struck me as very sober in that exchange with Walter, about what had happened to the rest.

>-Dorothe debuted as a BL novel writer and her book is popular in Astraea and is spread around Thors II by Musse and Tatiana

>CS1 presents Alisa's dad as a somewhat weak-willed husband who couldn't go against his wife
>Is actually some ancient steel-hearted motherfucker
I really would've liked some foreshadowing for that one, it feels they just brought him back to push Alisa a more in the limelight again

Some of the more obvious (important) spoilers

-George and Alisa's father didn't defect, they were with the Gnomes to begin with

-George rigged the Courageous with the bombs and uses this as "proof" for Towa that Angelica is dead, but he falters a bit earlier on when she says she doesn't believe that he killed her. He also seems to be in on everything for Crow.

-Some Risers seem to be immortal; Osbourne survived actually getting shot in the heart (though he doesn't actually have a heart, having given it to Rean when the latter was a child), and Roselia says that Reanne Sandrhod did actually die, but her body didn't decay and so she brought it with her and left it alone and eventually Reanne just came back to life. It is pointed out though that Dreichers grew old and died, and that Fie's father wasn't a Riser when he "died", so it's still not confirmed.

-The original pilot of the purple Deus Excellion was also a jaeger mercenary (hired by the prince who found it)

-Crow gets his memories back at the very end.

-Emperor Eugent knew everything and was in on with Osbourne all along. His death is not confirmed.

-The sept terrion of fire and earth were the giant fossilised robots seen in the highlands and the island. Their human followers fought each other and then made the sept terrion fight each other, which resulted in both being destroyed and their power merging into the Great One. The human followers (fire = witches, earth = gnomes) cooperated to seal the Great One away and the seven Deus Excellion are a side effect of that.

-Rufus is not his father's son but the result of his mother cheating with his uncle. Eusis is thus their father's only real son.

Out of topic, but Star Door 14 should be part of SC.

Why would he try to argue with his wife, when all he wants is to get a ton of shit from Reinford? Pretending to be a completely useless shitter is the easiest trick in the book.

He never seemed like a weak willed husband, what are you talking about? He just seemed fairly normal honestly.

Im not complaining about the change of character, I would've just liked a hint or two that he's alive and kicking.

I think people can pirate vita games, but you'd have hack it or something. He's most likely talking about the PC version.

Yeah, Franz just seemed like the average doting engineering husband like Dan. CS2 even went around talking about how he liked to make weirdly high tech shit using strange materials like that Zemurian Ore shard in that thing that you fix in the sidequest.

The only hint would be Sharon saying that she can't properly leave Ouroboros for some undisclosed reason.

i think CSIII did a good job of foreshadowing him, because not only there is a professor alba style introduction of him there's also quite a lot of reveals about him as an apprentice to schmidt, much like george and makarov.

Hope this doesn't mean makarov was evil all along too though.

So basically Olivert claiming that Osborne was not loyal to the emperor back in SC turned out to be false all along?

what was that thing about the salt pillar being the ''treasure of the earth''?

Why would he pirate the PC version though? He'd have to be retarded.

I doubt they'll make Makarov evil when he still has that running gag with getting shipped with Mary.

More like olivert having some wishfull thinking that Osbourne was deceiving his father the emperor instead of being on board with everything, which is the actual truth.

Makarov is the NPC scientist guy like Roberts

More like Olivert had no idea what was actually going on.

Huh? Is it a bad port?

George was being shipped with angie by towa and crow, and look how that turned out...

Nope. Pic related, if you actually pirate the game on Steam you're doing it wrong.

George is going to save everyone and win the Angiebowl. I believe it.

>George has installed bombs in Osbornes divine knight

Osborne and Emperor were thinking of Erebonia's future in the long term even if they fuck everything over in the short term. Rean, witches, Church, and Olivert were trying to preserve the status quo.

Not the guy you were replying to, but i don't get what you're trying to imply.

Didn't he falter a bit when Towa pressed him on Angie? He probably "killed" her in the same way that Olivert, Victor and Toby are dead.