/vn/ - Obaa-san Edition

Visual Novel General #1662

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous Thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

I'm sure there's a dumbass who bought SakuSaku and has the bug fix patch SP released. Upload it for us, please. It's like 160MB.

Doddis uploaded a partial unofficial patch in his TW account.

I have the partial patch. I want the emote fix.

Yes, same here, these centered emotes are kinda annoying.

You know I never finished this. I should get back to it at some point

>dumbass

maybe if you asked nicely.

But I said please.

We can't judge your taste for you. Everybody has different opinions. There are VNs I love that others here don't and vice versa.

What kind of VNs are you interested in? Do you have experience with a specific genre? The OP and VNTS on /jp/ should give you all you need.

You'll have a lot of people here giving you stupid answers like "check every single translated VN yourself or view a gigantic list on VNTS", but just use Reddit, view top posts in the last week/month. Dig deeper into more obscure ones on vndb if you want. But at least this way you'll catch the most popular releases.

Anyone have any tips for someone planning on writing a horror VN? Never tried making a game before but written quite a bit.

VNs are Japanese. Fuck off, baka gaijin.

Surely there are some VNs with are simply a cut above the rest in terms of quality, regardless of preference.
What is the Dark Souls of VNs?

You

SubaHibi, it's kamige.

Use lots of jump scares. It's a great way to frighten people.
If you want to make a character spooky replace their face with a badly drawn MSPaint scribble.

>Surely there are some VNs with are simply a cut above the rest in terms of quality, regardless of preference.
There isn't though. Some of the VNs are called "Kamige" around here but it's largely up to opinion
>What is the Dark Souls of VNs?
Don't.

Nice title drop

I knew it was going to be gold when it took a ten minute diversion to explain Keynesian economics.

nice shitpost

Reported

>Not realizing it at the desk fucking scene

You can never write a VN in you'r life but anther shitty OELVN.

It is seriously kamige.

That was actually only added in the English version, they just assumed that EOPs are subhumans with low IQ.

Don't try to censor my posts. I am free to post what I want.

Except for nipples.

This isn't censorship retard, but you should want where the post belong;

Not on my watch

Or tennis.

No you're not. See the rules

You're censoring me for political reasons.

also add a "bad" music to play when a terrifying event happens.

>Use lots of jump scares.
I just want to read my VNs... y do dis?

There are only two rules on Veeky Forums, one is that untranslated VNs go on /jp/

Trying to avoid jumpscares, more going for atmosphere, but was planning on having text change in jumpcuts. Thanks for the advice tho user

You mean because Veeky Forums literally has a Veeky Forums rule that says "No untranslated VNs"

MODS

Guys stop being visual neo nazis!

Do not forget to have something really scary happen and then immediately hardcut to the protagonist waking up in a cold sweat.

IS UTAWARERUMONO GOOD

Uta3 was unironically my top release of this year so far

Ushio is so cute.

The original? It's noticeably aged but story is still good imo and gameplay is enjoyable albeit very simple.

Not him but we all know that rule was made to prevent Katawa Shojo threads on /jp/ and nothing else.

Subahibi is the best release of the year.

Why must you shitpost with a game I actually like?

Yes, it is.

It was very good and the story is probably better, but I enjoyed Uta3 far more.

That's gonna be the ending user

It was made just as much to keep JOPs out of /vn/. Hell, most of the reason we moved here to begin with was because /jp/ was perceived as being too saturated with those types. Moot actually did kind of ask what we wanted at one point and made that rule specifically because it was what we asked for.

Seems like when some of the people who moved over here specifically to discuss translations learned Japanese eventually they stopped caring about this, though, and felt these threads should change to fit them rather than moving on to the proper thread like decent human beings.

Emote fix patch fucking when?

Uta 1 is okay. 2 and 3 are significantly above average. Very rewarding for reading the whole thing

Pretty sure it was because of the constant shitflinging between the untranslated fags coming in the threads though

Put in a request on GGn. Someone'll probably upload it sooner or later

I love it when people who are clearly newer to these threads just pretend like they know how things have been. Do you even remember the days of Ti9 spam or how the JOP vs EOP stupid shit got started?

If that were the case that would be in the /jp/ rules, dumb-kun.

>, and felt these threads should change to fit them rather than moving on to the proper thread like decent human beings.
I'd bet it's probably also because /jp/ is slow as shit and they want attention

B-but I don't join that secret club.

But KS is a Japanese VN

Maybe if more people went to discuss their untranslated kusoge there rather than shitting up our threads it wouldn't be so slow...

Who's dick at MG do I have to suck to get them to consider Sakura no Mori Dreamers? PE did well for them so I figured they would have announced that next but we got Magical Marriage Lunatics

I get the impression they just sort of take whatever the Japanese publishers are willing to give them.

animebytes then?

Okay, after getting through the common route, SakuSaku is a lot better than I expected. It might just be because Ann's route is great so far but this is definitely not what I expected

All moege are a healing onto the soul.

Awwww

Mio is such a cutie

Muv-Luv spoilers

Let's settle this once and for all.

www.strawpoll.me/14094991

IT'S HAPPENING

You mean these?

I don't think someone will update the patch there though. Most of AB users are just normalfags who watch anime.

Aw shit, that is cute. I think I might read that route next after all

I do read moege for healing but I'm getting better than that right now

Steins;Gate spoilers

>And before long, I was going out af my way to open my mouth wider so they could fit more xxxx in.
Literally a slut.

Remind me in a few days if nobody uploads it by then and I'll put in a request. Don't want to do it now since I'll just be humiliated if they release a new patch in a day or two and I have to make a request again.

Yuri seemed like worst girl, but everything she does 1/2 way into the common route is just SO FUCKING CUTE.

This. Kuuderes are the best.

Do it for us, user.

Is she a kuudere?
Normally I hate those.

Hope I don't get spoiled by the EUfags since it comes 10 days earlier

The released VNs are in the OP image on the VNTS and it's usually just 2-3 things a week. No "huge list".

The writer must have hated that character for going all the way changing the pattern of the main girl from innocent/pure to ntr/slut.

This is so embarrassing

>Circus
>not voiced
>all ages
Is there a worse combination possible?

>all ages only release
>plenty of fanservice in the design

you dun fucked up.

Yeah I'm feeling pretty awkward about it too

I actually saw some japs talking about it and being upset that it was only in English though so there must be some interest

and its not voiced i forgot.

toppest of keks.

I don't even understand what they were thinking

If there was at least Japanese voice acting, it would have probably gotten even a little bit more attention. It's not like the designs aren't hot

to the surprise of fucking no one, whoever greenlit that is a moron

>Circus
This is a plus.

>No viced/all ages/no routes/no MC/yuri vibes without being yuri/short
No wonder that no one bought that shit.

Okay who exactly keeps buying PE WHappiness? Because it shot up to #2 on MGs site. It's not even on sale

>>This is a plus.

>not buying a copy every week to support based MG

>this is a plus

yeah i totaly want my comedic parody browser to contract space aids or other "ITS MAGIC" bullshit.

>Circus
>This is a plus.
Lol, unless it's Da Capo, no it's not

It's just the biggest title they released recently so among all the sale they do, it's still the more important.
Rance VI stayed first for month.

Da Capo 3 is one of the best sellers VN's from MG 2017 catalogue.

dogs are assholes
go fuck yourself

>m-muh random magic drama