/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB60)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?58403-Open-Beta-60-Patch-Notes-October-4th-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zkWCiKcbM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com/
paladins.guru/

>Paladins VIP
paladins.com/vip/

>Talus Reveal Trailer and Ability Breakdown
youtube.com/watch?v=r7bQR4p-B6o
youtube.com/watch?v=fZb3cQfx9Jk

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>OP Template
pastebin.com/zYHWhTLY

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/9/95/Tyra_Skin02_SP_Intro_2.ogg
twitch
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/f/fb/MalDamba_Skin04_SP_SpawnChatter_ying_1.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/60/DarkLord_TR_Death_Directed_shalin_1.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/d/d9/DarkLord_TR_Taunt_Directed_shalin_1.ogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to rest my head on Fernando's shoulder!

You're the puma's pyjamas!

My thread

das some gay shit

reminder

So would it be better to nerf frontline and flank damage or rebuff haven and blast shields?

a mix of both desu

Everyone's damage needs to be nerfed. No exceptions. The game is a shitshow where you can easily get killed in under a second with no way to prevent it.
There's no point trying to balance anything as long as the TTK is so low.

The tank meta is real.

Here come the cbtfag.

or Tribesfag. Same crap really.

Remember that the only reason why we'll have any viewers for PPL this weekend is because Hi-Rez embedded the stream into the main menu. How high do you think the view count will be?

My favorite meme is anyone that says anything bad about paladins is mad about tribes

paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/9/95/Tyra_Skin02_SP_Intro_2.ogg

is this the worst test map they've ever done

Who?

there is a scary amount of mal'dambas who legit don't realize you can't stunlock people with snake toss anymore. how do you even manage to not notice people failing to be stunned is beyond me

hirez can do no wrong!
btw have you seen those blizzardrones? Those guys are retarded and will defend anything that blizzard does, thank god we don't have people like that around here.

I could have gone my entire life never seeing that image. deviant art has some fucking weird fetishes

you got out of bounds on a wip map, do you want a cookie or something?

SoulSeeker; learned to manipulate the SoulCrystal to affect the souls of his opponents and allies, champion with a resouce management aspect that allows him to change freely between several playstyles:

-focus on supporting a single target/team as a whole
-supporting from the backlines or being more offensive

None of his abilities have a CD, instead only requiring an amount of crystal ammo to be used, he has 200 ammo and can't reload, his ammo recharges naturally when no abilities are being used at a rate of 10 per second, there's a 1 second delay before it starts recharging.

basic: small crystal shards materializes in his hands and fly towards the target, shots 1 projectile every 0.1 second, that deals 90 damage each.
This attack applies a 1 second special debuff to enemies, if an enemy is killed during its duration it will drop a crystallized piece of its soul that can be collected by the player granting him 50 ammo.
*each projectile costs 1 ammo

RB: healing crystal; Shoots a projectile that heals the target for 500 HP instantly, if it's aimed at the ground it will remain in the position it hits for up to 2 seconds and will heal any ally that touches it.
*costs 25 ammo

Q: Soul armor; Applies a buff to the targeted ally that grants him 8% damage reduction and 8% increased damage output, lasts for 3 seconds and the buffs can stack up to 5 times.
*costs 50 ammo

F: Soul crystal; throws a crystal at the targeted position, the player can teleport to a crystal by targeting it and pressing 'F' again, requires line of sight.
*each crystal lasts up to 8 seconds or until destroyed by an enemy
*costs 60 ammo

Ultimate: Soul expansion; gains 800 ammo immediately and for 6 seconds increases max ammo to 800.

Why is there no GAfag?

Maybe they're using his default legendary and for some dumb reason think this gives them a higher dps

very gay

There are definatelly faults with Hi Rez. Buggy releases, rushed content, weird decisions. But Hi Rez is wayyyyy better than Blizzard. At least they balance the game.

I won't give up on my love for her. I will never.
There is no force strong enough in this universe to set us apart.

>At least they balance the game.
What did he mean by this?

If he had cards that generated crystals on certain actions i'd like it. But from what i'm reading he doesn't seem as fun to play since after a while you'd just wait around to get crystals.

the issue is that Drogoz and Ruckus can hide on all the rooftops and be basically unkillable because you can stand on top and get free sightlines at the point or the backline if you choose. It's not even like Brightmarsh where you can climb on top of the main hut, because other champions with lesser vertical mobility can still eventually get up there as long as they have a little.

There might be some other champs that can abuse it like Kinessa, I haven't tried her yet.

>strawmanning this hard
HiRez isn't perfect, we know that and the balance right now isn't the best.
Tribesfag is the one who will post "waahh wahh game's dead because HiRez doesn't care anymore, they are just preparing their next game".
If you agree with him you're a retard. If you want to criticize HiRez, go ahead but at least don't start making up crap.

It's relatively balanced. At least almost all of the cast is viable.

>le Paladins is unbalanced as fuck meme
can you go die already?
While generally there are stuff that needs tuning, overall there are only a few champs that are totally useless in all levels of play.

Yeah ow for example has only 2 viable supports that are a must pick for both teams. In Paladins at least Ying and Seris are still viable.

Hey Yingposter, how is going?

Stay comfy.

I thought this post was gonna end up being funny until you lied at the end :(

Seris maybe. Ying is only viable in low level games. She needs a damn rework on her shatter skill at least to make the player able to target enemy/ally as shatter target(and make her clone heal on shatter if Ying targets an ally).
That or the other suggested change, where Ying can shoot her ally to heal them.

I made a idea for Lex's RMB rework so he can finally be useful and shitters will stop complaining about muh autoaim
>RMB now switches between single and dual pistol mode (like strix Q)
>on single pistol mode he gets more accuracy and less rate of fire, just like he was before OB57
>on dual pistol mode his pistols works just like he is nowadays
what do you think about it?

I think there's no point to it since his weapon isn't even that inaccurate now

not brain dead enough

Ying is more viable than Seris for the sole reason she can heal more than one people.

Nothing will ever beat test version of Foreman's rise.

Post Buck memes

Ok.

I've had better days, but her smile always helps me overcome any obstacle.

New champion idea:
Left click: Semi auto fast projectile attack
Right click: Auto aim attack that does 1k damage to the nearest enemy
Q: Heals 1k health to the nearest teammate
F: Movement skill that moves you a set distance

Reminder that /ourguy/ and Hi-Rez employee Prettyhair can admit that Ying is complete garbage, why can't you?
twitch
.tv/videos/179783050?t=49m47s

fuck off uglyhair

Those who disagrees are Rayndayfags.

He's a big bully, that's what he is.

Was there an worse fall from grace?

He also has a good announcer pack and an amazing hair.

>kusqt is niggerfag
Dropped. His playlist are garbage anyway.

Maeve

Maeve got fucking bodied, but now she's back. Buck's never back.

He's not a bully, he's just saying the truth.
Also paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/f/fb/MalDamba_Skin04_SP_SpawnChatter_ying_1.ogg

How is such a thing even possible?

OB44 Buck with double jump and bugged stomping ground was a beast.

Yingfag doesn't her buffed so she doesn't escape from him.

user, that is obviously not going to be an issue on the finished version/future updates of the wip version, or at the very least they'll be patched as they are found (I remember there being some roof spots that were missing their "forced slide" properties)

10/10

uhhhh barik?

Well, don't lose hope. All of these Buck's bugs mean they are testing something.

If they can't keep something like 10k people on with the stream ingame then I think there's a serious problem.

the real problem with this game is champions that have projectiles that move so fast that they're basically hitscan (so, all of them except Mal'damba)

All projectile champions need fall-off.

Like you have to wait around for CDs and reloads, the point of resource management is that you should spend the resource wisely according to the situation you are in or you are going to lack it when you need it, you even have a positive feedback that let's you keep going if your team is killing your targets.

Ye that patch where the buffed the speeds of all projectiles but still left them the biggest benefit of being a projectile was a really stupid move.

What did Zhin mean by this?
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/6/60/DarkLord_TR_Death_Directed_shalin_1.ogg
paladins.gamepedia.com/media/paladins.gamepedia.com/d/d9/DarkLord_TR_Taunt_Directed_shalin_1.ogg

Whoever signed with facebook literally killed this game potential, good fucking job, I hope the paycheck was worth it.

And this is a bad thing...why exactly?
They're just making the best out of a bad situation(being stuck in a stream exclusivity contract with FB).

>the dumb princess line is still listed towards sha lin instead of lian
why is the paladins wiki community so lazy?

It isn't a mistake.

Because he still uses it when he kills Sha Lin?
If it helps you, Maeve calls him 'my prince'. He might actually be royalty.

But it play everytime you kill shalin?

it is actually, the money they got was used to pay pro players' salaries. Without the contract, there won't be any PPL.

>the dumb princess line is still used against sha lin instead of lian
why are the hirez development team so lazy? :(

>the chink is actually some prince
Then why the fuck does he dress up like a common whore? Nobody wants to see some prince titties.

Zhin was created before Lian you know and that's not an added line.

>hirez can't plan ahead

Mega Potion shouldn't be a thing. That should be his healing potion by default. Then make the legendary a speed boost or damage reduction, and then another legendary can be the cooldown reset card he currently has instead of combat medic. They can modify damage and all that after the change.

what's TTK?

time to kill

time to kill

Well, it's a royal fashion to dress like a whore.

lol

She looks really bad in that picture, I don't know what it is exactly

Then it seems every single female champion except Inara, Willo, Maeve, Kinessa and Ash are princesses.

White hair, bad lighting.

The Kool Kats

I want to see all of them wearing little crowns and having tea and biscuits together now.

jessica nigri hairline

Kys Maeve

Her kit is so fucking boring, jeez.

>TTK
That's The Tool Kats