/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

WELCOME TO VIOLENT CITY Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
store.steampowered.com/app/545060/BULLET_SOUL_INFINITE_BURST/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800/Super_Hydorah

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
[YouTube] Raiden V: Director's Cut Trailer (embed)
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Garegga M2 post (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

First for Casper

Bad OP, make a new thread please...

What's your problem with it, fag? Both you and I know that if I hadn't made it the general would have sat in limbo for a couple hours until one of you fucks finally decide to man up and make a new thread.

first for bullshit rng

Stealth progress post for the few interested.

Burst types are finished for Lore. You choose what kind of burst you want on the moth selection screen. It changes the secondary function of your options.
Burst 1 is a low damage homing type that also lets the main shot curve slightly if it is close to a target.
Burst 2 is a high damage focused beam with narrow range.
Both slow you down and are activated by holding the burst button (or focus+normal shot). I don't know if you should be made to live with your choice or if there should be occasional powerups that allow you to swap burst types mid stage.
Don't mind the stage, at this point it is a testing ground and after I finish the second(final) moth customization you can make I will be focusing entirely on revamping a proper stage for Demo Day 17

DDP lasers shouldn't be instant, there's still some travel time on them. You can see how odd it looks when you kill an enemy with it and the laser suddenly pops past it.

True. I will look into incrementing the generation of the beam later today. Thank you for the feedback!

Why are those tree stumps attempting to kill you?

They feel stunted in life and are angry

Is that supposed to be a pun? I don't get it.

It was a very poor one, I admit.
I was a bit distracted at the time and it sounded better in my head than it turned out

>raiden 5 soon

cavedrones jelly of laser perfection

>kraut had trouble wrapping his mind around bezier curves

why no one use this laser in raiden 5 video

If you dont like it just talk about shmups more so we need a new thread faster.

I never even bothered with bezier curves, retard. I just said that coding a Raiden style laser is very difficult even for good programmers, which is a fact.

who watching nintendo world championships to laugh at betas here?

In the land of deltas and omegas, the beta is king.

john numbers returns, fucking lol seeing a flashback of cosmo before his entire psychological got BTFO by based numbers so hard he tried to tuck his dick.

I wasn't going to, but my friends in a Discord are going on about it so I might as well keep it on in the background.

>my friends in a Discord

it's pretty funny, unlike last time which was stock with speedrunners this time i have no idea who anyone is or where they found them, some are just dumb 12 yr olds.

Where's the Discord for bald Albino men and frogs?

on discord, idiot.

I have friends, and I have Discord?

I didn't watch the last one either except for the Super Mario Maker part. I presume Cosmo didn't get invited this time.

>harry
>friends

>I presume Cosmo didn't get invited this time.
Top kek of course not, he'd scare the fucking kids.

Are you niggers seriously not excited for MOTHERFUCKING RAIDEN V???

How fucking emasculated are you lot?

>dadden

couldn't give a fat whores bumhole, won't even look at it.

wtf this isn't danmaku

>playing anything but CAVE
LMFAO

>playing cave

>dadshit
That's prototype CAVE

>I just said that coding a Raiden style laser is very difficult even for good programmers, which is a fact.
Nice projecting brainlet, I don't consider even myself a "good programmer" and I would have no trouble implementing those by hand.

Sure thing... I don't believe you one word. I've already seen good programmers trying to create such a laser and they had either big trouble with it, or couldn't get it done at all.

it looks cool but isn't good to play with

graze counter is pretty fun

dad

Bahmpu~

Does anyone here own candy cabs?
I made the dive for one recently and it's fucking great

Too bad all the good games' PCBs cost twice as much as a cab does

I wish I had a Neo Geo cab. At the moment I use superguns for my MVS collection (I have a single slot and a quad slot PCB). It is mostly fighters (with a few beat'em ups and run n guns) but I would like to pick up some nice shmups on MVS as well eventually. Arcade games are great.

Bump!

Looks like hot garbage to be perfectly honest with you, and I like Raiden.

>harry
>friends

Tbqh if anyone around here is less repugnant enough to actually make and have friends it's harry.

>tfw you will never have a friend like harry

Give me a quick rundown or CRT monitors. Can I just buy any 10€ monitor of ebay or does every CRT have great response times and refresh rates

BVM

I befriend the neighborhood ferals.

Bahmpu~

DFK was my worst steam purchase

I am still holding out hope for SDOJ.
I want my waifus squeeking at me all stage long in the cutest way possible.

SDOJ port would probably still have the 4 frames of input lag.

I would jizz if they announced the DOJ port was coming to Steam. It never will, though.

I am still holding out hope for gregga
but faggots like this ruins my hopes, because muh waifus n shit
what exactly good in doj? empty as fuck

Graze Counter is a lot of fucking fun.

is good, but no steam features

Console peasants still have their Garegga port. PS4 one came out today yeah?

>wants garegga but doesnt know why doj is good
lmao how can one have such SHITE taste

>I would jizz if they announced the DOJ port was coming to Steam.
>yes! finally i can pay to play it on steam
> now i can stop using that perfect free emulation of it.

You purchase cucks are retarded.

better than playing emulation where your score is always zero LOL!

>now i can stop using that perfect free emulation of it.
Perfect, except for the missing slowdown, audio bugging out occasionally, and lack of Death Label, the arranged soundtrack, and a practice mode that lets you set your rank.

Sorry that I'm willing to spend money to get more of things that I like? I'd ask what you plan to do when developers stop making games that people won't purchase, except that's actually the situation we have right now.

twitch tv/t3_kamui

>what exactly good in doj

>implying you can score

>Perfect, except for the missing slowdown, audio bugging out occasionally
WRONG, stop using shitty old mames retard.

>lack of Death Label,
no loss, it's a crappy boss rush.

>the arranged soundtrack,
play it in the background

>and a practice mode that lets you set your rank.
Mame save states are good enough for the wr holder and all the western record players to, you don't anything more.

>Sorry that I'm willing to spend money to get more of things that I like?
The things you like are already available for free, you should focus more on being a player instead of a consumer for a company that doesn't give 2 fucks about it's arcade games anymore and disrespect with shit ports.

>I'd ask what you plan to do when developers stop making games that people won't purchase, except that's actually the situation we have right now.

Lmao why are you such a slave mind for video games? is your life that shit? There are already enough shmups in existence to keep anyone going for the rest of life if you actually play them, secondly if companies want to survive they have to make palatable products that's why cuphead is doing well whilst caves lazy offensively buggy ports do not. I'd rather a dead genre than an endless slew of utter shit games propped up by weirdo cunts like you who feel some bizarre obligation to a video game company, fucking loser.

>>implying you can score
This, must buy fags are always making up for the fact they are shit players "B-B-BUT IF ONLY PRACTICE MODE! AND ARRANGED SOUNDTRACK!" "I'LL ADD IT TO THE PILE OF 200 GAMES I'LL GET TO IT L-L-LATER"

How about you just reply to a post without your gay formatting.

>why are you such a slave mind for video games
So here's how shit works: in a capitalist society, companies make things for money. If you like the thing they made, and want them to make more, you pay for it. If you don't like shmups, don't pay for them. Also stop posting.

Nice stutter posting. Go back to or

>So here's how shit works: in a capitalist society, companies make things for money. If you like the thing they made, and want them to make more, you pay for it. If you don't like shmups, don't pay for them.

Wow yeah really enlightening stuff I can tell you are a bright spark. Spend away friendo to fill that void just remember you can never buy ability and the cave ports are all SUB PAR.

>japanese
>love playing games
>has a penis
perfect woman

How is that how shit works? lmao at your well conditoned slave brain, in my reality I pay for internet and download games for free, capitalism BTFO u mad?

>no face cam

fucksake i want to see peak mental illness.

>insane skills by a world record player in one of the most populair and best shmups
>only 14 viewers

>meanwhile Mincraft streamer #45759830
>130.000 viewers
This whole society should be gassed.

>>insane skills
Endless restarts and mistakes from a mentally ill tranny despite 20 years of practice. Only ever played one game aswell, any of the great players could get in kamuis region of score in a year or 2.

>most populair and best shmups
popular? only among our tiny community and best? lmao no.

>Endless restarts
I'm only 5 minutes in, and can already watch a real run.

>Only ever played one game aswell
As if the player otherwise get more views.

>only among our tiny community and best? lmao no.
Just fuck off

WAHHHH WHY DOESN'T SOCIETY LIKE WHAT I LIKE MOM, GAS THEM ALL!

You're a fucking loser, what are you doing with your life? why do you care how many views something is getting? how does this effect it's entertainment value for you?

I care about it because it perfectly reflects how stupid this society is. Never said it's less entertaining to me, retard, just pointed out how dumb this society is.

the society is dumb for having a different taste in video game stream than you? why doyou think there's a correlation between intelligence and whether you watch a tranny play dad game or some bint play LoL? You are the dumb on for making such silly conclusions.

The society is dumb for a lot of reasons. Having complete shit taste is just one of them.

when's minecraft 1cc attempts

damn yeah strong argument, gave me a revelation, thank god you are here to enlighten us.

>mimimi how can you disagree with world view that we all live in a happy flower world where everyone is smart and a good person?

first, this bitch need to choose game and make proper title
second, stg community very small, so no one cares

>this bitch need to choose game and make proper title
>hurr i can't even read the title how am i supposed to find this
>stg community very small, so no one cares
That's exactly the problem I am talking about, Ivan. People rather watch pewdiepie screaming at minecraft like a fucking retard, than watching skillfull play. It's just retarded.

SDOJ port on x360 has FOUR frames of lag? Wtf. Really? What were they thinking?

???? how the fuck did you get to that? are you on medication seriously? or do you always just make assumptive leaps and make up what you believe others think? lmao loony fuck.

your lcd tv has much more lags

>SDOJ port on x360 has FOUR frames of lag? Wtf. Really? What were they thinking?
chinese wrs clearly.

>or do you always just make assumptive leaps and make up what you believe others think?
Ironically that's exactly what you just did, fucking retard.

>watching skillfull play
GDQ have hundreds of thousands viewers

>memerunning
>skillfull
>entertaining

nothing says intelligent society like watching a bunch of deeply disturbed beta fuck ups and trannies play a childs game "skillfully".

kamui need to stop

Time to watch aquas fail at batrider again.

stage edit is legit?

yes.

people prefer skip red boss on stage 5