>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/frontierDefense
syampuuh.github.io/mods (now updated!)

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>Titanfall Assault Guild
Just search for tfg. Look for the Apex patch.

>News
FNN 19: respawn.com/october-fnn
Postcards from the Frontier patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/14073/postcards-from-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eaykOkdnZr0
youtu.be/5FL_eXQb4C0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Used-up thread

good night tfg, it was nice knowing you

OI! Pilot, post your
>fav tactical
>fav titan
>fav weapon
>fav gamemode to play on crashsite

Goodnight, pilot. Sweet dreams I love you
>holo
>ronin
>smr
>bounty hunt even though i normally fucking hate bounty hunt

quit samefagging this dead place

I was saying my fav stuff user. I don't see you doing the same

>no one to talk to
>2 posters

But you can download and play fun

but my favorite shooter is on its deathbed

hello friends I see we are all big fans of titanfall

>thread is back
Look a pilot! Now the odds a re in our favor!

what do you enjoy the most about our beloved?

I like the tightness of the controls, the feeling of going fast, the absolute sense of dominance when you go soaring over the head of someone walking below you and obliterating them from mid-air before they realize what's happening. I like the sense of absolute empowerment that comes when your titan falls from the sky, growing from a small glowing meteor to an enormous force, the tide of which is broken only by overwhelming numbers of similar robots.

Titanfall makes me feel like I'm good at something. Titanfall makes me feel like I'm not so powerless. Titanfall reminds me that a relatively simple experience, well-executed, can be absolutely stunning. Titanfall keeps me aware that there is beauty in the world.

This is accurate
Fast

How the whole thing actually plays like an action movie. The movement and speed and momentum is just so much cooler than anything else, things like grapple hook into an archer missile or stim bouncing off walls for max speed are super basic but are things you'd expect from Avengers type movies, all the while there's 3 story giant war mechs (that you grow to love because you play them) smashing around like monsters.

honestly one of the best multiplayer shooters in terms of fun ever, right up there with Team fortress 2

I was so worried you all left

Why does homestead exist like it does? Why are there these giant backfields for fuckers to camp in?

>Titanfall 2 communities are all dying

I thought based Respawn would have a loyal playerbase?

I wish each Titan had one or two alternate weapons.

Why, because God isn't real, of course.
Why are release-era maps so awful? What the fuck was Respawn thinking when they made them?

You know, I am very much an advocate for class-based Titans as I feel it makes the gameplay much funkier, but I also miss TF1's Titan gear customization. It would be really cool if we could have a middle ground like that where we have a bunch of class-based Titans like we already do, but they have two or three alternate primary weapons. I don't have any suggestions I can give right now but something like that would be very nice to have in the Next Titanfall Gameā„¢.

Give the Ronin a double-barrel shotgun, and its alt-fire is a solid slug (by magnetically fusing the pellets together)

youtu.be/eaykOkdnZr0
And we thought we had a loyal developer

NEED to BREED

Titanfall 2 is honestly overrated

hey there /tfg/! How're ya holding up?

I made the mistake of playing Overwatch on the weekend.
I've seen a man use his dog tags to electrocute himself. But the things I saw and heard today was some shit.

R8 my autism for alternate weapons
>legion
a heavy autocannon shooting far slower but hitting much harder. 2 shots pilots.
>scorch
the flamethrower he so desperately wants
>northstar
long range repeating rifle, hitscan. Basically a titan sized DMR with a bigger mag
>ronin
triple threat
>Ion
capacitor arc cannon (but balanced)
>tone
Quad rocket (with full auto high velocity rockets when you zoom in, like in the campaign)
>monarch
some kind of titan AR, a bit longer reach than the current XO-16 which is just a giant SMG

Breddy gud youmst?

Resurrect a corpse all you want it's still dead. See you on the frontier Pilots, and goodnight /tfg/.

Goodnight pilot, sweet dreams

Hey no matter how bad it gets just remember we're not /ps2g/

Why are all games so one sided? Is it stacking cancer that has taken over?

Sleep well pilot. See you tomorrow morning.

I remember playing in a /tfg/ 5 stack, we got put up against another 5 stack in LTS and got immediately smashed and 0-3 for 3 games in a row before we stopped qeueing that game mode. It would make sense Titanfall is really boiling down to the fastest of the fast.

Every game is either
>lose so hard i'm posting here instead of playing
>win so hard i literally cant find people to kill because they die so fast

It's the disparity of oldfags who have mastered quick and newfags who suck dick. The middle ground is barely existent.

But that shouldn't necessarily lead to unfair matches just scoreboard spread.

At least the game isn't dead yet, just the general. Titanfall 2 really is great and I know i'll still be playing it for a while, it's just /tfg really died over the summer, it was really depressing to watch.

Fun games should have active and alive generals goddamnit I have so little

Live fast die young, fellow pilot.
Keep speeding along. We're all keeping right up.

I don't think I can ever recall a game where matchmaking was ever actually balanced. COD4 would stick me with single digits while the enemy team was filled with prestige. OW will fuck your asshole raw with shit teammates while the enemy team is a perfectly synced Chinese Dive team who aren't even a stack.
It usually inspires me to git gudder. unless it's like where it will always be a situation no-win due to coordination, communication, AND skill.

>staging a comeback
>playing like shit it feels like losing literally 4/5 games
>however recent kda is better than lifetime

And luckily that's all that matters.

It seems the larger the gamemode (or game) the less that stacked odds happened. I can probably count on one hand the times I can remember that I felt like I got jewed by matchmaking in a server that's more than 16 players.

See ya /tfg/. Don't die on me this is probably one of the better generals I've been in.
Outside of faggy clan servers yeah.

>clan servers
That triggered some repressed memories of Team Fortress 2. I to this day do not understand how one man can be so annoying and faggy with so much popular support.

LIVE

Okay when we are ded inside

>rainbow six siege has 36k people playing right now
>4K on titanfall 2 right now
>tfw titanfall 2 didnt even last a year even though its the most fun i've had in a game in years

WHAT WENT WRONG user

people dont know whats good for them

IT EVEN GOT MOSTLY POSITIVE REVIEWS
>4.7 ON MICROSOFT STORE
>4/5 on gamespot
>all the big youtubers gave it a thumbs up
>game still dies after less then a year

I dont understand...

>waaah? i have to move AND shoot? fuck this game

Are you proud of me?

yes

sounds like you're a melodramatic gay casual

ok, then what do YOU like about titanfall?

HOT WEEBUM
FRESH OFF THE PRESSES

it's fun

Flame Core
youtu.be/5FL_eXQb4C0

>lack of depth
>low skillcap
casual retards will play literal garbage and they'll move on the moment they run out of bullshit to unlock. the secret to long game life is a large community of skilled players :^)

for the most part, the game has been that way since launch due to no mmr or if there is mmr, the matchmaking is just fucked.

bretty gud!

A huge part of it is still probably the pants-on-head retarded release date. Literally any other time but literally a week between fucking battlefield and call of duty would have been infinitely better.

They did it intentionally to try to split CoD even more.

not really, you can blame the game's launch population on that, but not the longevity.

Long matchmaking times further reduce interest in the game, and a smaller initial population will accelerate that.

I legitimately think one of the reasons this game didn't have much longevity is that most people genuinely can't adapt to the fact that for all intents and purposes this is three games in one: Pilot versus Pilot, Pilot Versus Titan, and Titan versus Titan. Most people want to be able to do exactly one thing and win every time forever based on that one strategy, but because of the constant flow caused by the simultaneous existence of both Pilots and Titans on the battlefield, you can't possibly play this game like that. If you try to go exclusively fast as a Pilot, you're going to get smeared the second Titans enter the field. If you try to go exclusively slow, you're going to get decimated by both Titans and Fasts. If you try to turtle as a Titan, you're going to get plinked to death by Pilots.

We joke about how this is one of the simpler/more boiled down shooters on the market, but some people simply can't get used to the dramatic gameplay switch that occurs between playing as a Pilot versus playing as a Titan.

I realized about halfway through writing this that it accidentally started sounding like that Rick and Morty "you have to have a pretty high IQ" copypasta, and yet I kept going. What's wrong with me

I'd fully agree to this. Quite literally just reached rank 9 yesterday, and I bought the game a week after launch.

... How? You can gain, like, three levels in one game even if you're shit. It feeds you, like, four merits per game solely based on the fact you exist, and that's not even including any guns/Titans you level up in the process

>You can gain, like, three levels in one game
Yeah, if I played.

You're not wrong. While much of the gameplay is simplified (not dumbed-down but simplified) to hell and back through various design choices (i.e. going fast made easy) but for the average FPS player all this is like rocket science. It's not one-dimensional like what the average FPS player enjoys (i.e. CoD) so this confuses him greatly, to say the least; leading to players treating Titans like killstreaks.
Though I think the game's problem isn't longevity but just the poor sales it got. The few that bought the game seem to have stuck around for a fair bit of time.

Revival bump

Wow, this place really is dead. I guess I'll go play the game for a bit to get past level 9/

DON'T DIE DAMNIT I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE, PLAY THE GAME, POST IN THE GENERAL, DO ANYTHING BUT IT DOESN'T DESERVE TO DIE, WE WERE ALIVE AS NORMAL 3 MONTHS AGO AND NOW WE'RE DEAD

the game is somewhat fine, on consoles atleast.
but theres very very little to discuss.

Traps are gay

yeah they are

Why the cat boi?

reminder you should just use the alternator and give no fucks

>Playing on Japanese servers
>Expecting to see lots of F A S T since giant robots are kind of Japan's thing and they should be good at the game by now
>Everyone's slow as fuck; saw someone using A-Wall/Double-Take for the first time in fucking months
>Literally ruining their assholes with the Mastiff

Also

>Expected everyone to use Ronin
>They absolutely fucking are

Holy fuck, next time we run an Xbone stack I vote we go on Jap servers. This shit's hilarious.

>go on east coast servers
>everyone's using gay shit
webm related, made before the ion nerf
I swear this game is magic. Next we need to go to the euro servers and see how many nuke ejects there are.

>All SPICE
>No Nice

Reminder that using cancer may net you more kills but will never satisfy the need for speed in your heart

>he thinks you cant use cancer while going fast

Roughly half of it yeah.
I was thinking like tone/g2/DMR them I remembered he said alternator.

Hello, I am a Christmas Pilot on PS4.
I felt the need to want to play through the campaign again and have been thinking of maybe jumping back online.
However I only play Scorch. Did they balance Scorch back out yet?

scorch is amazing, play with tempered plating.

Last time I checked in, apparently she was at the bottom of the barrel do to the flame shield being nerfed or something or other. did they fix that out with some other way to make them better?

flame shield got made way bigger and more damage or something, it blocks better.
since you're on ps4 make sure to join the discord and network

>made it bigger, more damage and block better
Don't give my hopes up senpai, because this is everything I want.

>flame shield got made way bigger and more damage or something, it blocks better
This never happened. The lifetime was increased by one second.

Scorch is situational. Relies heavily on the enemy being out of place as much as you knowing how to cut them off, toss gas canisters behind them if they're just back peddling and rush them with flame shield to try and make them panic and run somewhere they don't want to be.

I just wish gas canisters could be ignited if launched through flame shield so they burst on impact.

Oh I know how to use Scorch. I just remember one of the last updates making it so that the 'new' titans pretty much made mincemeat out of scorch and they lowered the shield damage

Well there are no new titans (plural) but a new titan (singular), her being the Monarch. She can shit all over your flame shield with the arc rounds, which is stupid but what can you do.