Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
fggvo.challonge.com/zmpwjk5t
wiki.shoryuken.com/Breakers_Revenge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
>buy game
>have to download characters

I hope you have a good time playing/watching/discussing fighting games today /fgg/!!!

This is what you get for supporting capcom

I love big titty 2hu sluts

>pastebin still recommends madcatz's sticks

Street Fighter is fun. FUN!

>Not EC
>Can't get top 8 in Melty without playing

My life is a mistake

why would they do this

Damn, Brick looks like THAT?

this is retarded, as an arc sys fan I prefer paying

play Cummy

fighting games are stronger than ever, don't listen to the redditors polluting these generals

>This is what you get for supporting capcom

Free stuff?

Calm down, James.

>buy SFV
>expects me to have a computer or a ps4

HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?
FUCK CAPCOM! GREEDY JEWS SCAMMERS

if you dont like "games as a service" then dont buy them. i personally like it.
>b-but mom what if i want to play sfv in 10 years when the servers are down!
cuck

two options:
1.they want to punish those who buy it used, effectively only giving them access to vanilla SFV

2.they are repackaging vanilla SFV discs that were left over.

So... What's the problem here? I can now buy it and sell the shit characters like Juri.

out

If I win at this local can I post here with more credibility since I won a GG tournament?

Games as a service only work when the game is F2P or very cheap, like killer instinct.

Yeah, okay, I think Capcom really fucked this one up. They should have just released a disk that had all the latest updates/characters on it so you can throw it in and play it, instead of the same disk with some DLC codes that requires a huge download. Now you can't give the game to a friend for a complete experience or buy it used later.

God dammit, Capcom. You had one job. Unfortunately, this probably won't change before the games launch.

>tfw can't really recommend anyone Street Fighter 5 because of how aggressive the DLC is
>New version comes out that gives the characters free, rectifying this problem
>LOL THEY'RE NOT ON THE DISC

Kill me.

sure, I'll just attribute all that credibility to the user "Anonymous"

If anything that gives you less credibility

I-I'm s-sorry, mr Chen. H-Here, have a sniff.

why does brick play this shit
what is melty blood's appeal?

/fgg/vo is BACK!
The series is starting off with Breakers Revenge.
Friday, October 13 9pm CST.
BO3 Single Elimination.

fggvo.challonge.com/zmpwjk5t
wiki.shoryuken.com/Breakers_Revenge

sfv is usually $20, thats even cheaper than KI

no competition

>buy a DLC character
>try them out for maybe an hour in training mode
>never touch them again
Why do I do this

Not at launch it wasnt.

ggs vappa

Post autist triggering combos

To practice against his setups.

One step forward, two steps back. Every fucking time, is amazing

only capcucks buy their games at $60 + season pass + tax + tip so its irrelevant. anyone that dumb deserves to be screwed.

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm trying to remember the name of a fighting game I played on the PS2/PSX. The only thing I remember about the game was that it had a character that used portals with his special/super moves.

rate my poverty stick

for people who were asking for dashes info, prima guide has it (it was free for a while), i asked the guys from FAT to include the distances and they said they have the information but they never updated the page sadly (more people should ask them to include it) .
speed = distance / frames:
Rashid : 12.9
Urien: 11
Nash: 10.3
Juri: 9.8 (12.45 on VT)
Ken: 9.1
Karin: 9
Vega:9
Cammy 8.8
Necalli: 8.6 (11.36 on VT)

killer instinct

brick vs daigo live now
ceotaku champion vs evo champion

Why is Cammy carrying a knife

I love it

What's wrong with Mad catz? Didn't they go out of business?

First thing i'm doing with my new job money is donating to Kappa and subbing to Aris

How happy must Rick Fox be that he can always count on one of these two guys to win Tekken 7 tournaments for him?

neat

I'm pretty new to fighting games and I only have Skullgirls, but I'm 1) obviously shit at it and 2) am even told that the game isn't particularly good and 3) it takes a bit to find an opponent, let alone one in my sphere.

I'm told to look into Guilty Gear, Blazblue and UNIEL. Is UNIEL worth looking into if UNIST is right around the corner?

I play on PC.

Nah, it's not KI. It was a pure 3D fighting game. It might have been a Japanese import.

sfv

Which Bloody Roar emulation setup is the best?

sfv

>smash in background
nope

alive:
sfv
tekken 7

dead:
everything else

deader than dead:
blazblue
uniel

>I play on PC

GG and BB are your options then. Both are great games. UNIEL's community is on consoles.

what kind of asshole recommends GG and BB

If you're new to fighting games, why not play Street Fighter 5?

bb has a larger playerbase on PS4 than on PC but you can still find people if you use discord to find games

i think gg is the same way

emulation setup?

Im using dolphins default settings with the wide screen code

does brick have the downs?

>the absolute state of capcom fanatics

Because I am perusing some very divisive communities and each seems to think the other community's game is really, really shit and I find myself paralyzed by choice.

I even really like Skullgirls, but I don't think anyone would like to play against my garbage solo Valentine (because I haven't figured out any other character), and that game doesn't have much discussion anymore.

sfv is easy it is good if you are a tubular noob

yeah these people are fanatics for recommending the most beginner friendly, most alive, well-rounded fighter on pc and not some dead game with no resources

Still no info on the new characters?

Waifu stuff

I meant like which Bloody Roar is the best and which console version but you basically answered that thanks.

you can try to look into some skullgirls discords.

you already like having a name
I don't know why you still bother using this website
>>>/vappa/

Extreme on dolphin runs the best and has netplay.
3 is considered the better game by most but Ps2 emulation is ass and if you can get it to run at all online it frequently desyncs.

Then play sg and maybe pick up jive on sale to try it later. I'm not into it personally but it has a good community.

Killer Instinct is very easy at face level and once you understand the core concepts you can start doing advanced things like manuals at your own pace.

However it hasn't taken off on PC since there was basically no advertising of it and it's $30 w/ all the characters instead of having a free version.

I am a well rounded person who uses logic and shit. Skullgirls isn't a bad game, it's basically a good looking game made by a fighting game fan for fighting game fans. It basically includes all the shit that MikeZ(the creator) wanted in his dream fighting game. Because of this, the game can be pretty complex and difficult for new players, plus, it's pretty old so there isn't that big of a player base. I think most people who hate on specific fighting games over others are just acting hyperbolically and don't actually mean what they say.

Though, if you are seriously a fighting game Noob and want to get into the genre, I would recommend Street Fighter 5, it's the most alive community, simple for new comers and has a lot of resources to learn from online.

Skullgirls is a good game, take a look at their general and more importantly their discord. They have people tagged by region, have resources and stuff. Where do you live?
>I'm told to look into Guilty Gear, Blazblue and UNIEL. Is UNIEL worth looking into if UNIST is right around the corner?
Do you really want an anime game? BB is the more alive of those on PC, UNI is dead.
I would recommend SFV, it's lively, easy and has crossplay.

whats hamous's function?

>"INCENDIARY!"
>*clunk*
>*clunk*
>*lands no where near them*
>*Can't shoot it because their body is blocking your bullet*
>*Takes 3-4 seconds to go off naturally*
>*Can be destroyed by opponents attacks*
>*Only does like 3-4 hits meanwhile dorm has the floor is lava lol*

The shitposting is everywhere, don't mind it.
>I don't think anyone would like to play against my garbage solo Valentine
There are more beginners than one would think, take a look at the discord.

I really would recommend SFV too tho. You can find it for cheap, 15 dollars or so.

hahaha wow
what is this from?
do you have more

I hate that you can only tell you are hitting because of the screen movement and not the actual characters.

The dank function

this is season 1 though, nash for instance got his distance and speed destroyed, it's 19f now, might be 18 after the mid season patch don't remember, but they updated the animation and cut the distance in half almost as well

>MOV drowned in pools
it's not fucking fair chunbros

Jivepill me on Melty Blood. Should I play Shiki?

>complaining about having to download stuff
lmao? even if everything were on disc, it would be worthless a few months after release when they patch it again. in 3 years it will be a completely different game

this isn't 2002

>The dank function
oh god, not another one

NOO THE CHARACTERS AREN'T ON THE DISK

I want to punch JDCR in the face.

How can someone look this stereotypical?

yee

the point was that in order to make events easier to organize you would be able to put in a disc with all the characters already available so you don't have to worry about some setups being unplayable, it's kind of a moot point because there's a new cahracter every couple of months so they would need to download updates after every few events anyway

I would've had a problem but they're free so I can't complain.

>another one
Hamous is dank, he got a new trip because everyone filtered the other one

>on Nash dashes:

>2.0 changes:
>Front Step 1. Changed total animation from 17F to 19F
>2. Sped up when Nash begins to move forward by 1F
>3. Shrunk collision box while moving

>2.5 changes:
>Nash
>Forward Dash
>Total movement frames changed from 19F to 18F

Nash's dash is 18f now, only 1f slower but Capcom didn't mention the distance changes, they always forget about it, typical.

anyone jive EU?

who is the mandingo of the fgc?

>still playing hearth/shadowstone in 2017

>vegeta beating a woman
BASED

literally Fuudo