/rsg/ - Runescape General

Nex edition

Count Check is in Lumbridge, gives you a clue everyday for some cool stuff. Talk to him.

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,82,65954394
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/customer-support-week--gielinorian-giving-ii?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>October's Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=dj14AGvYXI0

>RuneFest Reveals
services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-reveals?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

previous thread:

Ironman mode is the only way to play rs3

good post

post doings and listenings

yeah apparetly it's either bugged or patched for melee
I used the exact same setup but ranged changing only the subj gloves for torva gloves (don't have bandos, but I don't think that would matter) and they're forced to mage

crystal trannies

Why are redheads so damn perfect?

ASR+Vigour combo when?

never, too op

Is Cinderbane basically BIS now against all posionable bosses?

yes

do you guys actually think the game is going to die at some point soon???

the thought on no rune game makes me sad to even consider :(

I had saved that picture a long time ago back before my hard drive was wiped. You must have saved it when I had posted it.

Thanks for posting it so that I may take it again for future use.

they have a massive issue of more than half of their player-base being maxed. Letting people go beyond 99 exp was a huge mistake.

Best RuneScape girl.

Doesn't look like Fara.

lame as fuck op wtf

>the thought on no rune game makes me sad to even consider :(
play osrs or whatever the new rs they're working on when rs3 dies

Best RS Girl is DEAD.

np user :)

My hope is someone making a standalone ironman client that we can continue to play on forever. Don't understand why someone couldn't start working on this now.

barring that, there'll always be private servers.

Rewind to 2011 with all account stats saved from that point. No bullshit new start. just your old stuff with less skill capes. Then slowly sip through good content and discard the bad content. So I can fucking play Soul Wars again and use Korasis spec to delete people

>dungeoneering will be fun again

wrong

I felt nothing when she died because I spacebarred through the quests and didn't care.

bad post

Is pickppocketing rogues in the wildy worth doing for xp or is there something better I could be doing. Level 78 btw

pp

I used to think she was cute but when they released that quest they updated her appearance and made her ugly as shit so I killed the fuck out of her without a second thought

What were the rewards supposed to be for go to the Count and doing the drop event's questions?

I got a large and medium XP lamp. Is that it?

imagine if EoC wasnt half-baked bullshit on release, how alive rs3 would be desu.

really sucks jagex have and always will be fag amatuers

memephos cunts

Do you guys remember the Dungeoneering spotlight update in 2014 where some Jmods strawpolled what DG bosses we wanted as pets?

reminder to use your energy-gathering scrimshaws with the divine-o-matic

>soon
They hit record profits last year. It could start going downhill fast, but I would be surprised if it wasn't very profitable for at least another few years. They also survived a long period of terminal descent before bailing themselves out with spin2win, so they might be able to continue for a few years after that.

Anyone want to duo gwd2 for shits and giggles? I'm filling out some killcount achievements and it's just boring as fuck.

holy shit who here hates invention? It stole the weapon upgrades for smithing. Full of random nitpicking perk shit like 3% more accuray.

That's my main gripe with it too. I hate how perks seem so random in their effects and there are so many sidegrades or even flat out negative effects. Why couldn't they just give us some simple and straight upgrades?

there are no perks that give accuracy

>3% accuracy
I fucking wish.

There's plenty of straight upgrades at high levels; more than you can fit onto a single set of gear. It's almost like skills are meant to be not that good at early levels and get much better at later levels.

You're supposed to only put the good perks on your stuff.
Work with components so you don't get the bad ones.

I'm already poor af and people bully me for not augmenting my shit

Yeah but I don't want weird shit like Aftershock and Crackling. I just want the perks on my weapon to say something like this:

>+5% damage
>+5% accuracy
>+1% adrenaline gain on basics

and stuff like that. It should be simple, straight upgrades that are globally applicable. Invention is an elite skill that requires level 80 in three other skills to even begin training, so there is no reason it shouldn't offer benefits that are even better than Overloads or curses at levels 99-120.

Because that's not what the perks do.
They all have descriptions telling you what they do.

The things they do suck.

>it shouldn't offer benefits that are even better than Overloads or curses at levels 99-120.
it does though
Just because you're too dumb to maths and need everything spelled out in a really simple manner doesn't make the benefits any less significant

You never took your time to read about them.
Stop talking about stuff you don't understand.

>fuck creative ideas, just give me pure numbers
You're the type of fuck who's actually a fan of the tier system, aren't you? Also if you do the math a full set of augments is a decent dps boost plus a great defensive boost from enh.devoted on top of it so I'd say they match those others pretty well.

>You're the type of fuck who's actually a fan of the tier system, aren't you?
Yes of course. I don't give a fuck about item variety, it's much better to have the comforting and empowering feeling of knowing that my weapon is the be all end all, regardless of what I'm fighting. Plus I think a decisive tier system gives a much better feeling of progression.

You can get plenty of variety with cosmetic overrides anyway.

You're a very boring person.

I know. I like my burgers with just a beef between two pieces of bread and literally nothing else.

heresy

>there has to be bis for everthing and stagnant gear choices

>like 3% more accuray
do people here even play the game

no

Is crystal shield a good perk?

For tanking, yes.

no

Yeah but r u poor iRL?

no but I'm not giving Jamflex money for xp

I swear to fucking god the amount of autistic faggots that play this game are going to make me quit.

HOW MUCH OF A FUCKING LOSER DO YOU NEED TO BE TO HOP WORLDS FOR HOURS IN THE WILDY AGILITY ARENA ON A MAXED ACCOUNT TO KILL SOMEBODY WHO CAN'T FIGHT BACK?

I hope the chinks bleed this game dry

I had your issue, then I did agility outside of the wildy course.

>doing wildy agility

There's no other option unless I wan't to take twice as long, I don't have the patience to spend 30 hours straight getting this one quest req

If I found a way, so can you.

It's called doing it in steps user.
That's how i got firemaking before bonfires and all the other ez modes.
Do a few levels a day.

Is that a slayer helm or a full slayer helm?

I can spend 2 hours at wildy and get a level and a half OR 3 hours at some other shit heap and get one level. This game makes me sick.

Full Slayer Helm.

Is this why we have Blink as a pet? If so, what shit.

It's not going to die. It might become E.V.E. tier, but it's not going to die.

page 10 btw

what would we do without you?

make a new thread

Something about this “when Runescape dies, they should release an offline ironman version” made me think of something.

Is there any single player game that is at least similar to Runescape? I don’t even know if this question makes sense.

The older WRPGS maybe.
Nox has a campy vibe to it but don't expect it to be at all all like Runescape.

or theres Kingdom Of Amalur.

I played Kingdoms of Amalur for a while, I liked it. I didn’t play much but now that I remember it I might pick it up again.

But I was wondering more about the skilling aspect of it.

looking at other games similar to runescape doesn't bring much u[, runescape's got something pretty unique about it, its just a shame its been ran into the ground so much. If jagex was a better developer we could've been playing this in the nursing home in 50 years, instead we're just all waiting for the day it goes under.

Not trying to start a flamewar, but why doesn't OSRS have any new skills past Hunter? They have added tons of new content that was never in the original game of all sorts, but not even a single new skill. Is there a specific reason?

polls
they wanted to add the sailing skills, but didn’t pass the poll
if you don’t know, all updates on osrs need to get 75% yes votes on a poll, or they are not implemented

That seems fair. I wonder why people wouldn't want a new skill though.

I don’t know exactly what the argument was to vote no, but it ended at like 73 or 74% yes

Isn't the idea to keep the game stuck in 2007?

ha

The Nightmare Zone says "no"

At first. Now they've added a very large amount of new content.

tfw late night div brings out the worst

what an idiot

>cry about new content
>cry to get old content back
>get it back
>now getting new content
???

new content by supermajority, mind you
theirs is a kingdom founded on openness and the Good Ol' Days™

Sounds fucking gay.

Wait, didn't they get a forced gay pride parade event?

They wanted the feeling of old Runescape. As long as the new content supplements the feeling of old Runescape instead of trying to be innovative then it doesn't disturb the premise.

jmods felt they could put a pride event

Literally didn't take more than runescape tiles and it wasnt even forced to do.
Reddit threw a retard riot about it and that was it

Still sounds gay as fuck and retarded.

>dude lets completely fuck up the tone and atmosphere of our game with real world bullshit
Oh wait, RS3 does that all the time now.
Fuck Jagex.

*hardcore ironman
decent post

im pretty sure the nothing gay was referenced in the event. And if you ignored the event you'd still be in your "immersion" of OSRS

>just ignore it if you don't like it
alright wolf, you can go now.

>8
that's not Jessika

That's not Eva