Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Winter 2017
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - Winter 2017/18 Release
Teaser: [YouTube] ????10?????????
Imgur with released information
imgur.com/a/GZLe8

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

VGL League Roster Poll

Other urls found in this thread:

alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Beat_Blades_Haruka:Walkthrough
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sorry if I made a mistake, I just saw the thread die while it was pretty active so I made another one. I got the thread number right, I'm fairly sure. Never made one of these before.

I think Ai is going to be busy enough using her tactics to keep the dark lords at bay.

>thread is active
>+750
>we still die
Sasuga.

Not as grindy, the system is pretty smooth too.

What you need to remember is:
There is a few evens throughout the story that are only unlocked on a second playthrough. To unlock it you need to start the game loading from the date of a previous game. If you don't like the system much you can always load your data from previous run without increasing the difficulty so you will breeze through the game.

When you first reach the end, even if you did all the events for one heroine, you will be locked on the true route. But as soon as you finish it a save will be created just before route choice with the heroines routes you unlocked available. So you load that until you do all routes you unlocked before starting the second playthrough.

You don't get enough monkey orbs in one run to be able to do the Rance mode events for all girls (technically you can, but that would require crazy amounts of farming) . But considering you will need a second run anyway, then you can divide the neatly.

Russian has two different versions of her first four stages depending if you do it earlier on, or if you only do them after a certain event later on. Because both Kanami and Russian are available early on I recommend you to in one run do Russian scenes early and skip Kanami, and on the other run do Kanami and do Russian ones only later on. I recommend Russian earlyon ones first as doing her late game version firsts kinda spoil a bit the effect of the normal version. Alternatively, you could skip getting the version of Russian scenes that you only unlock later on and get a save from some to watch them through the CG gallery, or only get them in a third play.

I wish I could've saved her. Unavoidable Ryona kills my soul, it always happens to the nicest characters as well.

>I'll be starting IX next. Is it as grindy as Quest?

No. You'll actually be disappointed by how short IX's gameplay is but the story is arguably better and more consistent than Quest was.

>Also, is the information in the wiki full and is it necessary like in Quest or is there less bullshit?

The walkthrough is detailed enough to get you through all the routes. It's not necessary in most cases as the gameplay is very straightforward; except for certain battles that have very specific requirements but you'll find out more later on once you start playing.

Some girls have events that needs you to have them at a certain Rance Mode stage to unlock. If you miss these you won't be able to unlock their route even if by the end of the run you get them to last stage. Those are:
Kanami: At least stage 3 by chapter 8, at least stage 4 by chapter 12
Shizuka: at least stage 1 by chapter 6, at least stage 3 by chapter 12
Tillday: at least stage 3 by chapter 11, at least stage 4 by chapter 13
Senhime: at least stage 1 by chapter 9, at least stage 4 by chapter 14
Pigu: at least stage 3 by chapter 12

After each heroine route you complete, the scene on the true route epilogue for that heroine changes. If you get all 7 you also get an extra scene added to the epilogue at the end. To see the complete true epilogue you can replay the true route or just see it by selecting it on the CG gallery.

How good of a tactician is she?

Can't beat Sanada Tourin tier.

She probably tough Kenshin how to beat the Cossack Dance technique, so she's probably competent.

Good but not great.

I'm close to finishing Magnum's storyline and I'll be starting IX next. Is it as grindy as Quest? Also, is the information in the wiki full and is it necessary like in Quest or is there less bullshit?

I hadn't checked the replies as the old thread died just as I posted and reposted it.
Thanks for the answers. I'm probably going to start it tomorrow.

She successfully flanked, encircled and destroyed my heart.

kek

Don't you enjoy used goods?

So how does Haruka's brutal route actually work? You get a game over if you lose more than 6 times to bosses, but isn't the brutal route all about making the girls lose?

Not him but purityfags should hang themselves.

not either of them but gas yourself if you weren't disgusted with Ai after she talked about all the dudes she fucked

I'm actually a purityfag but she did it to save her friend, that's a noble thing. And ironically the Rance series has been one of the things that has lessened my view of non-virgins, regardless of how they came to be that way, as 'used goods'. It doesn't mean I hated them, but I used to lose all sexual attraction once I knew a girl wasn't a virgin. Rance showing that rape victims can still have functioning lives and be happy normal people, and form healthy relationships, made me view them in a different light. Maybe it's more about mental purity, than physical purity.

Can't believe I just said Rance made me improve my view of women.

One was her boyfriend and the rest were rapist who would have pounded the moeblob and maybe some other girls if Ai didn't sacrifice herself. She was also telling off a persistent criminal manwhore, can't blame her for the lack of tact.

>muh purity
Fucking kill yourself.

Haha loser.

So playing Rance made you a cuck?
Figures.

Look man just because it's not her fault doesn't make her any less repulsive

>used goods best goods
cuck

The amount of judgement some virgins project is really incredible.

who is a better tactician, ST or Urza?

>cuck

>acting superior because ofyourlow standards

>cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck
The average IQ of purityfags.

Used goods are fine because it makes it more worthwhile when they actually get a happy end

Tourin.

That's one of the biggest foreheads Ive ever seen

You should have been the bald doll from Dungeons and Dolls.

Magic's is bigger probably.

The biggest is the midget girl who Rance rapes when he's drunk.

X made Magic cute, we can now believe in miracle

The people you replied to weren't purityfags though, they were the opposite.

Magic is more attractive than Lia and Sheila

I don't see why I'm being called a purityfag for not wanting to stick my dick where possibly hundreds of men have been.

It's not like I thought about it or anything either, it was an immediate physical reaction akin to a physical disfigurement. You can suppress it but that's about it.

Even Ai says to rance that no man will want her now. My understanding of purityfaggotry was that it was Pi-R-tier shit. But if you think not wanting to bang a girl with a vagina wider than the suez canal and an almost certain chance of disease then I guess I'm on team purityfag.

>That scene where they meet each other

When was that?

Should women be disgusted at non virgin guys because they don't want to get stuck by a dick that was possible inside hundreds of women?

Alicesoft has amazing foresight. This was 2008.

>Even Ai says to rance that no man will want her now.
And yet Rance was still fine with her because unlike you he understands a woman doesn't become devalued just because she got raped

Rance respects women.

In other news, the grind for General Lao was fucking ridiculous. Despite having got that +1 to all stats when training barrier skill as my first skill, getting my stats to be on par with his has maxed out nearly all of the Dragon Synergies. If I actually bothered to watch those sex scenes I'd be well in to next week and if memory serves my stats still aren't good enough for Ensai.

>vagina wider than the suez canal
And that's why no one takes you purityfaqs serious.

So what if Camilla spread her legs and said take me now you'd say no because she got fucked by some dragons thousands of years ago?

There is a beggining of turn event in SR that has Ai and Magic meeting each other and they each call the other about their big foreheads in their minds and at the end Kojima appears. You probably need to have all three for it to trigger.

A vagina is not some delicate object that becomes unusuable once it's used. If it was deformed in such a way that it would actually be a disgusting place to get your dick into, then the woman in question is likely dead.

Haha, that's hilarious.

Also, her image is really ugly but in the CG she's pretty hot, I love short girls.

I wonder if any of them were level 35 or above and wanted to make Reset a kalar sibling.

The transmission chances of F->M venereal disease are in the basis points (read: less than one percent) while the chances of M->F transmission is in the 30s.

This is because a vagina gets stuff stuck in it.

You would have to bang about 25x as many women to have equal chances.

To say nothing of other men-women differences. That you would even make such a comparison is silly.

Being drunk will make objects appear bigger and much sexier than they really are.

t. virgin

>I wonder if any of them were level 35
No
>wanted to make Reset a kalar sibling.
Almost all of them wanted.

(You)

I think Ai is pretty great since i like girls who despite being tough can still be very womanly.

Reminder that Leila raped Rance.

Good on you, Leila.

Will X remove Ai's forehead too?

me too

It was more sexual assault than rape.

>this is what purityfags convince themselves they believe

I want her to assault my tower house.

>vagina can't accommodate several penises without stretching
>but it can accommodate several children and return completely to normal

Really makes you think.

no

Her spider arms are broken here ?

Did she call her superiors in the ugly girls guild aniki as well?

>Did she call her superiors in the ugly girls guild aniki as well?
She was the leader.

Rance cut them off. They grew back afterwards because youkai don't generally die from dismemberment.

But I'm assuming she wasn't the founder of the group. I don't know her at all, but she doesn't seem to be the type of person to decide to take over a shopping mall to protest (?) ugly girls being considered ugly. Actually, I have no idea what their motivation was either.

Their mission was to eradicate men, only ugly women are allowed to join because all the women are those who have been scorned by men

And they'd do that from a shopping mall? Also, they should have spoken with the Kalar, they have a really nice curse just for that effect.

>Spoken with the kalar
You must've missed the part where they don't allow beautiful women to join, they dont like anyone good looking

But Kalar aren't women. That would be like having a Ramen galmonster in a shop. That would be fantastic since they're the only ones able to make Ramen and are really cute, but they aren't humans and will attack unless tamed.

Holy shit, I tried to finish Haruka. I'm now so pissed off at the writing that I'm tempted to uninstall it without even fighting the true final boss.

Seriously guys, should I play the Brutal Route or just uninstall this fucker?

>kalar aren't women
they are treated as if they are

We already told you that you shouldn't be playing Haruka if not for the fapping.

And the Brutal Route is for fapping, right?

I don't know if I would call it more fappable but it's more entertaining overall.

I guess they were screwed from the start. From a meta perspective, this is an eroge series, so only attractive women will be the focus most of the time and only attractive women will be powerful. From a story perspective, Rance's forces are literally composed of 70-95% attractive and powerful women, who will either be attacked by them and need to fight back or nag Rance to stop the ugly girls from killing civilians (including attractive women) needlessly.

You forgot to link the last thread

So how do I play it anyway? I'm a bit lost

At least women Rance considers ugly tedn to be the really ugly ones. He is okay with averages ones, although he don't tend to care much.

Here's the last thread, just in case:

Well, that either wore off over time or Pastel told them that he'd never be able to get it up again (lying, of course) so they wouldn't try getting in his pants.

Most of the "ugly" girl from Rance VI weren't that bad. Too bad they all died during the fire, though.

Would the series be better / more interesting if it featured more men?
Men as allies, villains, just more men in general.

alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Beat_Blades_Haruka:Walkthrough

You can let the girls lose to any enemy a few times, then just wait a couple of days and let them get raped again.

Also, there are brutal scenes for each girl you unlock once you enter the route. To enter, you need at least... 30 Brutality points I think? Then kill the samurai and you can choose a route.

We already have enough. It's not that men aren't in the series, it's that Rance personally does not want them around if he can help it because they are threats to "his" girls.

Most of the villains outside of VI were dudes anyway, and since Albert is a thing even that kind of.

>only attractive women will be powerful.

I think Orion might just not be good at drawing unattractive women. I don't blame him considering that the vast majority of the time, he's supposed to make nice looking character.

Nah, I prefer looking at cute girls. Making sure there's a good variety in personality would be nice though. I liked Ranmaru a lot, even though she wasn't very prominent.

Minerva's cute.

Not really. It already feature many man, from villains you hate or feel sympathetic about, to losers you laugh about or cool guys you want to be in your party. So while the ratio is more on the side of female characters, there isn't a lack of male ones, and it usually mean those characters tend to have more of a role

I wonder if someone could draw her, but more feminine