/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Horsegirl Waifu Edition

Previous thread →

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ] For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

>[24 sep 2017] Noodlor's World-o-Walls (redux version) is completed! Including a world-download (1.12).
imgur.com/a/dQmq1

Twilight Forest is out for 1.12

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
mcforge.readthedocs.io
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/2797824-shincolle-ship-girl-mobs
dropbox.com/s/7ms642tqvkrh7yr/ts2v110.zip?dl=1
youtube.com/watch?v=e6JK3fhYE1w
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/238120-ambience-music-mod
minecraftmods.com/musiccraft-mod/
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/266943-actualmusic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>page 9

>20 minutes later
>Not a single bump or response
You are at least playing right? Or maybe this general is fucked up and there are no more recurrent posters anymore.

I'm playing, but people will get mad at me for playing vanilla so I just don't post.

Gonna be honest, once Skywanderers has more content and gets more fleshed out I might be making the switch to that.
Just way better customization and performance.

Other have posted vanilla before and we don't mind as long as it's something worthy like a good build. Unless you are the tranny

How many mods do you have? also, I have a large amount of weapon and vehicle mods. Post some mods that give my tanks and planes something to do besides look pretty.

I currently have 116 mods loaded and it's shitting itself.
Nice military autism modpack, I would suggest you add Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft instead of IC2. Replace Flans for Techguns and/or Vic's Modern Warfare and also beware that Decocraft is a ram eater.

Thanks, I spent several hours trying to get everything to work together. Whats your reasoning behind the replacement suggestions?

I was trying to make an OP image and now I've failed, making another general...

Flans is pretty bloaty and will crash or fuck up your performance, you already have McHeli which is superior in all aspects than flans on vehicles. The guns in flans are usually blocky and it's just a "guns in MineyCrafty XD" mod. Techguns in comparison has well modeled and balanced guns, adds structures with nice loot(you need Chisel for that), adds some nice techs addons and reworks combat into being fun with the enemies it adds.

Vic's MW is for now focused mostly on adding guns but is less bloaty, has better models and animations, more customization, more guns and other QoL additions like the knifes which make it 1000% better.

As for the techmods with IC2 it's pretty grindy on it's experimental states, so much it isn't fun. The machines aren't that great looking anymore and Magneticraft + IE in comparison have nice multiblock machines, nice game progression and nice overall adittions while looking like actual tech machinery.

All this WinRAR.

Has modding moved past 1.7.10 yet?

>Continue an old build
>Open up the reference
>Realize why I fucked up all the proportions
I can't believe why my past self was so fucking retarded.

No.

Go back to your floating wood platform you treefucker

Do Recurrent Complex stuff spawn on mystcraft dimensions?

are there any gun mods that only add flintlocks? I want the full Robinson Crusoe comfy experience. I've only ever played vanilla btw

try balkuns weapons mod, It adds a bunch of medieval shit including flintlocks and blunderbusses

Thanks for the reply I'll definitely check out those mods on my next play through. And as for flans, I keep it around so I can have an excuse to build gantries for the p.1000 and battleships. If I actually need to use a helicopter, like navigating the aether, I'll use mc heli.

Unrelated, but does anyone know of any mods that either add rail way artillery, or more warships?

McHeli has boats, not on the scale of those but still they are better to operate. If you want the boats you should use Flans only for the boats instead and the others for the rest

>tfw we'll never have actual boats and stuff with dynamic destruction instead of being just giant entities

Your gonna do it again

Depends on what version you are on. If you are on 1.11.2, there is a known issue of it attempting to generate recurrent complex structures in a dimension it uses to profile. I do not believe this has been fixed yet. Don't mix the two for now.

what about 1.7.10? Do they spawn in dimensions normally or do I have to edit something?

Skywanderers is looking pretty cool. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

You are goddamn right since it happens all the time.
Did we finally get a succesful "minecraft but better" project? Let's just hope it's pretty moddabble and that it gathers a decent fanbase.

it's moreso a Starmade replacement
minecraft is more character focused, this is ship focused

Are there any modern mods that aren't nuclear factory trash that are on the same level as something like Thaumcraft, or should I just not bother?

what about Empyrion? looks bretty comfy

not even close
game is extremely limited on content, and what content it does have is piss poor

>extremely limited on content

just like minecraft then
but seriously, how is it? seems to have a bit more breadth and depth than other games of the kind even if it doesn't have that many creatures/weapon and such

alright so i downloaded minecraft forge and the balkuns mod, and i put it in the mods folder as requested, but on opening forget and looking under mods there doesn't seem to be any weapons mod there

you have to install forge, not put it in the folder

Skywanderers has some pretty cool gate logic too. Wireless, so you can get neat shit in small spaces. I'm looking forwards to what I can do on one of those ring worlds.

i installed forge, and it added this. But when i select it to be launched, and once in select Mods, there's four mods that show up but none of them are Weapons

Use MultiMC instead, it makes modding better and easier.

i have to give them my username and password?

don't use third party launchers, just try to discover where you messed up

No one has lost their accounts doing so and I don't think they keep your information.

it's like space engineers but with shitphysics, but it at least works.

>shipgirls can harvest infinite lava
Oooh

>milking shipgirls to power industry

I'll probably only use it for my smeltery autism and feeding back into more ship construction, if I ever reach that point.

Chisels and bits is kind of a pain to use in VR. The radial menu doesn't really work*, so I've just bound two available things to 'plane' and 'drawn region', which covers pretty much most of my use cases so far.

*the radial menu does work if you press the button for it with one hand and then physically use your mouse, not the motion controller, with your other- but that's kinda clunky.

>shipgirls
cancer

Not sure, though they probably should.

I ain't give a fuck, call the cops

Are you sure you matched the mod and game version

What the fuck is this about shipgirls and Minecraft?

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/2797824-shincolle-ship-girl-mobs
it's not ancient, but it's been around for a while

Does anyone have the link to the modpack Train Serber was using?

I really want to play it but don't have internet regularly, and was just wanting to do a single player play of it.

dropbox.com/s/7ms642tqvkrh7yr/ts2v110.zip?dl=1

Thank you my man I hope all your dreams come true from now on.

I'm going to roleplay as a filthy elf. Any mods I should use other than Botania?

you could buy a fucking rope and merge with your precious trees you filthy knife ear

Botania, LOTR mod, Custom NPCs, BoP. The other magic mods are not that elf based but you could use them I guess.
Elfs are fucking gay dude

>tfw pic related will probably never be updated
why even play anymore

>people on MCF and /r/FTB complain that mods don't handhold them enough
>meanwhile, I'm playing with someone who's getting all the information needed shoved in their face, is clearly reading all the in-game books, and his solution is still "bang rocks together and see if it works"

So when reworking Snakewater and fixing some proportions I realized I previously used this as a train workshop so I built it different from the original. I either rebuild all that or simply adapted it. Because I'm stupid (I wanted to test myself reshaping it so it worked) I went for the latter option and ended with this.
What do you think?

The other side

very nice user

to build nukes my friend

There we go.

All replaced save for the Yoshi's Cookie lookin' section, which will stay for now, especially since the beds like to have full blocks under them on which to spawn, should I need that.

ALL I CAN THINK IS
youtube.com/watch?v=e6JK3fhYE1w

I'm going to rant about this fuckers' ineptitude at making models and textures for said models.

This fucking car. THIS. FUCKING. CAR. This rounded ass end has like 23 fucking individual polygons with double-sided textures, and it's been a fucking giant pain in the ass trying to figure it out.

useless fucking asshole there's zombies at my door the damn villagers are hiding in my house I can't sleep go and kill them you fucking iron prick

That's exactly how I feel.

Finally a building game that lets me become the Forerunner.

this thread needs more ringworlds

D E C A D A N C E

dude bees lmoa

Modding? Yes. Players? About 50/50, I think.

That's pretty.

dyson spheres when

I seriously can't wait to take over one of those rings for myself and turn it into one massive death dealing superweapon.

>mfw he had actual 1:1 scale planets that he slightly downscaled
>mfw not because it impacted performance negatively, but because he felt it would slow down gameplay
>mfw imagining the super structures and massive underground facilities you could build
>mfw someone is building a 1:1 scale Star Destroyer that's over a million blocks in size with little hit to performance

What's the longest you've ever binged on Minecraft?

Made my first shipgirl, though I barely have enough resources to keep her fueled and armed.Ri-class.
I also entirely forgot to take any screenshots of her, ah well. I'm currently squatting in a village house because lazy af.

probably an entire day, at some point in the past

First time I played it, it was 8 hours straight. I remember it was around early beta, but I was playing the free classic version before buying it.

Fuck man I wish I could go back to those days

More Player Models is another great mod. How come Noppes is great at making mods?

How did I do at accurately re-creating the President? I think I might have to make the arms smaller though.

things and stuff

Playing a self-made 1.12 pack designed for comfy + gardening related autism, with some less common mods. I've been trying things out to find replacements for the shit I liked in Harvestcraft, since her removing/replacing all vanilla food items for
>game balance
seems to have fucked up every other mod which calls for a vanilla food item at any point. Bird's Foods is an OKAY replacement to work with Spice of Life (bonus: 100% vanilla ingredients).

I was also missing Pam's fruit trees since I like making orchards, but turns out Terraqueous adds better looking ones that naturally drop fruit. Only problem with Terraqueous is I've developed a flower infestation. I did turn the flower/grass spread way down at the start but I think I need to turn it right off.

>inb4 memeversion

do you have heat and climate?

Do you have Vanilla Food Pantry?

I do not have either of those, no. Looked at Vanilla Food Pantry but if it's the one I remember, it adds a load of passive mob drops and I've been trying to cut down on bloat after Harvestcraft.

Haven't heard of Heat and Climate, is that for 1.12?

I don't know why I play this game. I rarely ever play survival anymore and most of the time I just fuck around in creative mode while occationally switching to survival to play legitimately within the same world. What the fuck is wrong with me? Am I retarded?

I sometimes question if I shouldn't just put together a modpack for other potential players like me who just fucking around doing whatever.

It adds mob drops but it's worth it imo

Eh... Fucking around is basically what I'm doing, minus the creative mode part. It's day 97 according to f3 and all I have to show for it progression wise is an IE windmill and a couple of garden cloches.

What would creative mode players want from a modpack? Custom NPCs + more furniture + more blocks I guess?

These are the mods I am currently fucking around with.

Chisel & Bits, in all honesty, is really the only decoration mod you'll ever need because you could literally create anything with it. I am willing to bet that you could duplicate some of the props from DecoCraft.

I really ought to try Bibliocraft. I've been wary of the furniture/decoration type mods because I tried one of them a long time ago, might have been Decocraft, and got a massive performance hit without even using anything from it. Though that was before I discovered that Optifine and FoamFix actually do things.

Considered Earthworks for building? It adds a bunch of timber-frame style blocks if you're into the medieval stuff but there's also various kinds of colored slate and other things all of which have walls, stairs + slabs. Admittedly with C+B you can make stairs + slabs out of anything but, y'know, effort.

Bibliocraft is one of the best furniture mods. It would make you aspire to be an author on a server that has one. I am thinking of starting up a new pure survival game where I write the entire Quran inside of the Big Book and then make copies of it so when I make that map a server I could hand them out at spawn. I might just do that on a server anyway. Plus it has a book generator and some of the stories it generates are actually pretty fun.

I think I might have went overboard. I decided to try some more mods. Rustic looks interesting.

Anything fun to do in Hardcore? I'm gonna die sooner or later.

All right, you've convinced me, grabbing Bibliocraft.

>Select all squares that match the term: spice rack
heh.

Are there any mods that allow you to listen to actual music inside of Minecraft?

Because, you know, I'm autistic like that.

mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/238120-ambience-music-mod

minecraftmods.com/musiccraft-mod/

Ironically enough,
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/266943-actualmusic
Looks like it's only 1.11.2, but there's a few options depending on the version you're playing. I tried Vazkii's Ambience, which is available for 1.12, very briefly before deciding it was too annoying. There are others. Just search "music" on curse and you'll get a list.

Speaking of "Minecraft but better", what the hell happened to Eloraam's Minia?

>Eloraam
Isn't that the tranny that made RedPower?

someone's already doing that

Yes. Also hired LexManchild.