/scg/ /edg/ - Dangerous Star: Elite Citizen General

Spess Edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe (embed)

2.4 is out and has already been ruined, RIP E:D it was a good run.
*Soon is a registered trademark of Frontier Developments. Soon does not imply any specific or general timeframe, nor does it imply any eventual

release at all. Frontier Development will not be held responsible for serious annoyance or death incurred while waiting for Soon(tm)* to become Now

(tm)*
Space legs never.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: [YouTube] The Return 2.4 Announcement - Elite Dangerous (embed)
[YouTube] Elite Dangerous - The Return 2.4 (embed)

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Ayy Lmao

3.0 in evocati now, Derek Smart so BTFO his entire state was ravaged by a fucking hurricane.

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to

upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you hate

money and love waiting, frustration, feelings of betrayal and high blood preassure.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf (embed)

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w (embed)

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

pre-singularity:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

White genocide is real and there's nothing wrong with it.

/scg/ Referral code randomizer:docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

new backers use this for free shit!

I've got an Asp Explorer, where should I be doing passenger missions?

It's not a genocide if it's not on purpose. Whiteness will naturally breed out eventually. And accepting that is healthy.

>a wild insecure shit-skin appears

What new backers?

xth for S3 wing mounts on the gladius

Your days are numbered white boy. You're going to be a minority soon.

Is /scedg/ the best place to discuss politics?

even if that wasn't a myth, neither of you niggers would be alive to see it.

op made a bad thread and deserves getting shitted

A wise man plants trees whose shade he will never know.

Now, tell me where I need to be picking up passengers in my Explorer.

i am the op, fuck you
make your own thread next time

>even if that wasn't a myth

Wow. So deep in denial. Why deny simple anthropology? Boggles the mind.

choke on a dick you retarded fur fag

and a fool plants rocks in the soil in hopes of seeing it grow :^)

it's not denial, it's just not going to happen and is only perpetuated by closet racists using pseudoscience.

Same here friend. But CIG's recent antics lead me to believe that they won't let this happen. I hope I'm wrong because I want to CCU to it too, but I think there's a good chance the Carrack will get a price increase the next time it goes on sale again. :(

hey can we delete this thread

let's try again

>it's not denial, it's just not going to happen and is only perpetuated by closet racists using pseudoscience.

You're terrified aren't you? I almost feel bad for you.

It's about as terrifying as the boogie monster or Dracula, aka things that don't exist.

That's right... just keep on going.

You might as well accuse anons of being scared about asteroids colliding with the earth. If any race is going to disappear, no one in this thread is going to be around to see it.

What are you going to do about it kid? Shitpost on /pol/ or make some dank memes on Twitter?

Face it you don't have in you to do jack shit besides posture on a basket weaving forum.

Say that to the Armenians and go watch the young turds while you're at it.

I don't have to do anything, you're your own worst enemy.
What you should hope for is that the mexicans don't kick out the white/nigger democrats in your lifetime.

>I don't have to do anything

Yeah thought so. All talk and no balls.

lmao... as if we needed any further evidence that you're a massive idiot... well, there it is.

fuck off back to /pol/. you faggots are pathetic.

The Aurora flies like shit in atmosphere.

JUST

nice

I assume because the aurora is not very aerodynamic.

Its mav thrusters are also mounted along the ships central axis, so they can't really stabilize it particularly well.

where did all the /pol/ posters go?timed out?

watching a stream of star citizen at the moment and the game does look good but the FPS seems to be about 20 or so.

and the ship handling seems very.. arcadey?

Ive been flying passenger missions in an Explorer and now i want to try giving exploration or maybe bounty hunting a try

Anyone have any tips for Diamonback customization besides "put all the best shit on it"

This is a good thing if it's true.

I didn't really get to try it that much before the server crashed, but a bit after I entered the atmosphere on Daymar there was some sort of wind/turbulence and flight was ridiculously unstable at speeds of more than ~100m/s. The whole ship would sometimes just jerk into a different direction uncontrollably.

Eh, if a few ships fly like crap (especially the starter ones) it won't be very fun. They're clearly not going for realism, I mean the fucking Caterpillar can levitate in atmosphere so why bother when it comes to the actual feel of the game?

get an eagle and shot baddies who are going to get killed by spacecops
i don't know if it's still good

>Caterpillar can levitate in atmosphere
That's disappointing.

>a ship covered in aux-thrusters along each module can keep it's self afloat
Gee wizz user who would have fucking guessed?

LEAKS?

how do they know how many thrusters does a ship need to stay afloat?
do they just go for try and error and dump each ship into a planet's atmosphere until they reach the number needed for it to not fall or they just cut bait and build it with an absurd amount of thrusters so it doesn't go down?

They don't even have the gravity system finished yet do they? I was under the impression that gravity only affected players at the moment, and not ships.

What's the general consensus on this ship?

I have yet to pledge to SC yet, because I'm waiting for a sale, and I'm thinking I'd rather go with something like this than the Aurora or Mustang.

Yay or nay? Or better yet, is there a cheaper upgrade route from one of the basic starter packages?

gravity in landing pads has affected ships for years

Yes, gravity is in. Yela for example has lower gravity, which also causes the player to jump higher. From what I heard ships also consume fuel in gravity and if you run out you're stuck on the planet/start falling down midair.

The avenger is an okay ship. If you want the absolute best bang for your buck on a solo do-it-all ship, nothing beats the Cutlass Black though.

Has it? I mean, they're not going to fly off but I'm pretty sure if you cut your engines over a landing pad in 2.6.3, your ships doesn't fall down to the pad. That's not the same system that does gravity on planets.

I know gravity is in, but im saying I haven't seen it affecting ships. If you cut your engines in atmosphere, does your ship fall down?

You can upgrade any existing package with a Cross Chassis Upgrade. They recently changed the rules regarding $0 CCUs because people were stockpiling them to a ridiculous degree.

Avenger's a space cop car. If you want to zip around and throw assholes in the back of your ship then you picked the right one. CIG chittered a little bit about "Second Tier Starter Packages" when the Reliant came out but clammed up about it shortly thereafter.

don't bother, just get the aurora/mustang. there going to be assholes flying around in fully fitted military ships waiting to burn you down straight away.

I'll keep the Cutlass Black in mind, but it might be a little more than I'm willing to drop on the game at the moment. If its sale price is decent then I'll go for it.

>Avenger's a space cop car
That's definitely part of the appeal.

B-but why?! What's stopping them for killing me in an Aurora or Mustang?

>because I'm waiting for a sale
There are not sales in star citizen. If anything they up the price of existing ships and they leave the lower price for cash only for a while.

Freelancer vs Cutlass Black for most versatile do it all solo ship?

Should I buy and fully upgrade a Fer de Lance if I already have a fully decked out Vulture? Is the difference in price really that significant?

>difference in price
Difference in performance, my mistake

that's not what I've heard, but okay user.

Cutlass, easy choice. You get side doors and tractor beams and while I don't know how they exactly compare in cargo capacity now, you can load two bikes into the Cutlass, which the Freelancer shouldn't be able to fit.

They might offer discounted Aurora/Mustang packages again during Citizencon on October 27th or the anniversary sale sometime in mid November.

The FDL is more durable and has more firepower but the flight model means more jousting and drifting compared to the way the Vulture strafes around and sticks to the target.

Thanks to a friend I've been digging through the Evocati build (build 637376) looking to see if I can datamine anything and I struck fucking gold. There's a low poly 65mb model for a ship titled "AegRavConcept.ctm"(Holoviewer?) which I've converted to a obj and rended out in pic related. I'm assuming this is "Sabre Raven" we've heard mention of previously.

I was actually just looking for the Prospecter/Cutlass models to mess around with later but figured this is worth sharing.

>turret lazily slapped onto sabre
>fuckhuge new wings added
>fuckhuge new wings block the new turrets line of sight

yep it's a cig design

So the sabre raven is a super sabre with a turret?
I'm going to melt my super hornet for this.

Can you throw it up on sketchfab or something?
Apart from that, while people have previously faked 3d models just to fuck with anons, this looks legit enough.

on one hand this smells like bullshit
on the other hand that looks like pretty standard CIG shit ship design

I ain't uploading this to my public account, and I'm not making an account just to upload it incase I can be tracked from it. Not so much for myself because I don't care about sharing it, but it'd come back to my buddy who gave me the build.

looks pretty ____AEGIS____, defo a sabre variant tho

The main issue I find with my Vulture is dealing with ships like the FAS and Dropships because they're tankier than, say, Eagles and Cobras, but much more maneuverable than Pythons and Anacondas. I thought the FDL would be able to kill those kinds of ships with ease, while also retaining some maneuverability

confirmed fake, everyone go home

t b h that's what i'd expect it to look like, lot of effort for a fake. i'm leaning towards it being legit

>it's a fake model, but because user wont upload the fake model it must be a fake model
not the render poster but how does not uploading it make it fake if the model exists in those renders
i doubt they drew a bunch of fakes images from diff angles

Reminds me of pic related. Looks good desu famalam

How would one get into that turret anyway? A Sabre doesn't have enough ground clearance for an elevator system like on the Gladiator and Hurricane.

Actually now that I think about it, post a picture of the bottom of the ship please.

You can see for yourself next sale, you mouth-breathing mongoloid.

Aren't they redoing the landing gear on like all the ships?

>next sale you will see that there are no sales

pack it up, kid, it's over.

3.0 needs to come out so I can stop reading about the god damn space door already.

Rended it out just for you my man. Didn't include it in the other image because it's pretty boring.

l-lewd

This is actually perfect for comparison. The "Raven" leak looks like it has a sleaker expanded belly where the missile bay is supposed to be.

Consensus on 3.0?

So it's a pregnant sleeker Sabre with a turret rather than missile bay, fixed wings, and bigger engines/powerplant or some shit on the top?

You should be able to fit two bikes in the freelancer max, but since they're loaded end-to-end, you'd only be able to deploy the one near the door.

Am I a good goy for being ready to buy this for $275 already? I really fucking want this ship.

>consensus
how can there be a consensus when none of us have played it you fucking retard

He's clearly asking the Evocati that have answered a few questions in the previous thread.

Please don't spoonfeed the shitposters, thank you, user.

That's hardly a consensus.

Bad word choice, but I understand what he meant.

>He's clearly asking the Evocati
@191751492
>That's hardly a consensus.

See. Just ignore the shitposters, if they don't get (you)s they will get bored and leave.

You you, or me You?

What are you, a retard intepreter? That's not what fucking consensus means, you can't claim to understand what someone is saying when they're saying something completely fucking different.

understood* damn autocorrect

Here (You) go, now go buy some candy or something with it.

Is the Sabre Raven a thing? I haven't heard of it before.

Anyone know offhand what price the Sabre and Super Hornet are? Any guesses to how much this will be?

>Is the Sabre Raven a thing
Yeah, its name showed up in some CIG videos.

The new Sabre will probably be more expensive than a SH. Probably $220-250. Less than $200 would be a shock.