/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #985 - Final Boss Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

idwpublishing.com/idw-publishing-and-sega-welcome-veteran-sonic-writer-ian-flynn/
youtube.com/watch?v=pNB4Cy4mftI
twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/917176412720660480
youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA
youtube.com/watch?v=na3XM9Nk-oU&t=1s
youtu.be/OnI9jQkEpQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=r2S1I_ien6A
youtube.com/watch?v=BzQ7wKzuAjU&t=120s
youtube.com/watch?v=Am2yH5xGAG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG.

Rush Adventure best game

Team Dark is the best thing about Sonic.

For those that missed it

Ian Flynn Confirmed For New IDW Sonic Comics

idwpublishing.com/idw-publishing-and-sega-welcome-veteran-sonic-writer-ian-flynn/

For some reason I really love how this artist colors, glad he's still doing art and posting it outside of artbooks now. Wonder which artbook it was exactly for though.

*Prepares for long distance running*

Team Dark is pretty cool.
Except for Rouge and the gaybot.

He's the one that did Mobius YL right?

Cute

*pouts*

Not the original MXYL, that was Penders. All Ian did was try to fix the absolute shitshow that ended up being because Ken Penders cannot write

Stupid dorks!

Penders started M25YL, Ian did two later arcs because of fan demand. So those two arcs were essentially cleaning up a bad mess, which additionally sums up his entire run on Archie Sonic.

Fuck you, Rush is superior Rush Adventure is amazing too though

Sonic Colors is a terrible game that has level design made by a two year old

My little SLOW RAT can be this cute

It's better than Sonic CD

The only thing that Rush Adventure does objectively worse than Rush is forcing you to do padding minigames to get to the next level. Everything else is either better or up to taste. I fucking love the shit out of Jet Set Radio and Naganuma in general, but I have to admit Rush Adventure's soundtrack fit a Sonic game better.

TOO BLACK
TOO BLACK
TOO BLACK
TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG
TOO STRONG
TOO STRONG
TOO STRONG

>trifecta

Love it

Seriously, what the hell was up with this?

Thank you OP

BLACK IN BLACK IN BLACK IN BLACK
BLACK IN BLACK
(black in black)

This is the same series where Sonic had a house in Labyrinth that Eggman snuck into and swapped his shoes out to troll him rather than kill him

A NEW VENTURE

TOO EDGY
TOO EDGY
TOO EDGY
TOO EDGY

Lost potential, just like most of the other characters.

What's the matter, Sonic?

youtube.com/watch?v=pNB4Cy4mftI

This is still the best Sonic buttrock theme

*nibbles*

For what? You a fan of a great game as well?

>tfw Marine has a long-range attack and Super Sonic no

twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/917176412720660480
Looks like Hesse is only on cover duty for now.

RIP cute raccoon

Blaze won't lemme smash

Damn...

Watching the IDW panel really nails home just how bad the fanbase can be.
All those garbage, unfunny meme questions and general awkward moments really gives you an idea of the shit that people like Aaron have to deal with on a constant basis.

>"We're here to talk about the new IDW Sonic comic"
>WHERE'S BIG THE CAT
>WILL SONIC GO FAST
>[Unintelligible Autistic Mumbling]
>DUDE EDGY LMAO
Truly outstanding.

The only saving grace were the few kids who got a chance to ask actual questions which, while simple, at least gave us some conformations on stuff and were a damn sight better than "how will you represent Sonic music in the comics".

Is autism really that powerful? I thought I was kinda bad but hoo boy this shit's another level.

For updating the writefag link

kek

You shit I was just about to post that.
>tfw too slow

what do you call this then?

Sonic and the Black Knight's soundtrack amazing. It's a shame the game isn't liked.

Shame, but presumably he's busy with other stuff.
At least he's involved.

Water to Blaze's fire.

I've been to enough panels at cons to tell you that that's a problem not solely reserved for Sonic. Somehow, the mic always ends up in front of the most mush-mouthed, stutteringly awkward meme-spewers imaginable.

>All those garbage, unfunny meme questions and general awkward moments really gives you an idea of the shit that people like Aaron have to deal with on a constant basis.
Are you kidding? He's the one responsible for them.

We'll never know, presumably some water power esq thing to contrast with Blaze maybe? Other than that maybe she found a convenient item we never found out about that gave her the ability to fire that off once

>Needs Eggman

JUST WAIT A MINUTE

And now you know why SEGA doesn't listen to us

>"how will you represent Sonic music in the comics".
I don't think that was a terrible question. The guy followed up by mentioning another comic series where the writers would post a playlist of music that goes with their comics. I've never heard of anything like it before but it's certainly not a bad idea

That sounds for all the world like he's tied up with bigger, more important projects. Wonder what he's got cooking.

Sonic has been an autism magnet since 1991, user.

I actually meant to extend that to general Sonic staff. I know Mike Pollock gets it rough.
Aaron does share some blame though. Still, you'd think there'd be some actual questions put forward.

Repost, because I forgot that last thread was dead.

What does /sthg/ think of this comment I saw on a KazeBlade video?

I feel conflicted about IDW Sonic.

IT'S WRAPPED IN BLACK YOU FOOL
WRAPPED IN BLACK
IN BLACK
IN BLACK
WRAPPED IN BLACK

He's probably half the reason people asked that stupid shit.

>musical comics
That was by far the best autism moment on the whole thing.
Fucking future boy.

Also, did any of us go there?
Like, I'd feel bad for laughing if an user genuinely stumbled at asking a question.

youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

One user was at the con & I believe he was the one who asked about the Freedom Fighters

If Tails can fly Marine should be able to do something cool too.

You don't know what a true autism panel is. The audience at this panel was great compared to a typical Game Grumps/Minecraft/etc. panel. Until people start asking Aaron for hugs, rapping the first half of Pumpkin Hill before getting to their question, giving Aaron presents and demanding him to open them in front of the audience, asking tech support questions, etc. you cannot say our fanbase is that bad

Man I hope we get some characters that are locals fighting Eggman, superpowers or not, that go all fangasm when Sonic comes to town

That and some varied henchmen for Eggman too

What are they dancing too /sthg/?

Bounce on her tail like Tigger

Really? I thought he was the one that asked about Universe. That question came mighty quick after it was brought up in the thread.

he was going to ask but someone asked before him so he got out of line

Or use her hair as food since her pig tails are shaped like bananas

I never heard of that actually, how does it work? We need to get that kid's source

All comic stuff is like this man, you can't escape it.

Rouge really looks good in anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=na3XM9Nk-oU&t=1s

Nice.
Like, if I remember correctly, the best questions were asked by

>An user
>The qt pa2t
>Real Niggas
>Children

I think there were a couple of good ones in there, like the Universe question, but the rest was near MineCon levels.

I feel bad for the guy who just flat out stuttered like a deer in headlights though, autism's funny, genuine stage-fright isn't.

Are you implying all the current rage about Sonic memes had nothing to do with Aaron?

No man I'm right here.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Happy Canadian thanksgiving.

youtu.be/OnI9jQkEpQ8
17:10

Sonic memes predate Aaron's current job, he just hopped on the bandwagon.

Fuck, we should've asked him to ask about how marketing was gonna work for the new comic. Since, as great as the previous comics got, they were pretty reliant on just general fan interest and publisher sponsorship instead of being promoted by the IP Company themselves/the I.Ps media teams. Yeah I know comic sales, even if they do amazingly well, are chump change when compared to other factions of revenue but it'd still be nice of them to promote it better.

Jesus fuck

OW
THAT PHYSICALLY HURT ME
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS user
DO YOU HATE US

tfw in the top 100 on the ps4 leaderboards of sonic mania for metallic madness act 1

I was wondering where you were.

Not that user, but as a marketing strategy it really works.

He got the social media page doing that whole "Embracing what people were saying about it" before everyone started doing it, which got people on it's side.
Yeah he says got to go fast and 06 was the best a couple of times, but did you see the state of the marketing team before this? Aaron's doing genuinely great work at his job, he's got panels, translators for the weebs, events, he knows about us etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2S1I_ien6A
youtube.com/watch?v=BzQ7wKzuAjU&t=120s
youtube.com/watch?v=Am2yH5xGAG4

at least we can feel better about our panels being better

>not one single person asked Aaron about Mega Drive
Faggots, the lot of you. Obviously the main Archie Sonic and Universe wouldn't continue and it'd have been braindead for IDW to continue that continuity, but there is zero reason whatsoever to not finish Mega Drive.

It's either a shitpost or a fucking autist. Ignore and move on.

This, we're actually blessed it wasn't worse, the Sonic fandom is getting better if anything.

Well, I agree but for some actual reasons.

fangirls cannot be reasoned with

>I feel bad for the guy who just flat out stuttered like a deer in headlights though, autism's funny, genuine stage-fright isn't.
Got a link to it? If it's not too awful I might commission someone to draw Sage in the awkward scenario, that or Bump as an extremely excited attendant

>X icon
You know, I was gonna rebuke, but honestly if they consider X Amy a good characterization for her then their opinion means jack shit

So leave her out, problem solved.

I think it was indirectly brought up but nothing much came from it outside of the
>wait and see

Don't forget the Luigi guy

Post-252!Amy is in my top 5 favorite versions of her, but I guess they have the right to an opinion