/twg/ - Total War General

Warhammer 40k but it's 40,000 years before Edition

Enter the Vortex Trailer
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER II - Enter the Vortex (embed)

High Elves 360 Trailer
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – 360° High Elves Launch Trailer (embed)

How the Combined Map works
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR (embed) (embed)
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Last thread: (OP)

good work, OP
you're a hero who saved the day

How can warmbloods even compete?

Is there a way to murder incompetent agents?
This guy is stacked with success chance and he has failed more times than he was succeeded (70%) over 30 turns.

>amazons still not announced

soon friend, tomb kings will be first

Pack him to a anothe rincompenetn general and sendtehm both on ship voyage near te enemy coast.

I'm going to bed, so when I wake up, I expect to see lots more autism about why Warhammer 40k could never EVER be a Total War game.

>mfw there are people in this thread who think me fool-fool

I think you're a fag-fag lmao

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who will show mercy for make you rich

>40K still not announced

HEY OF ANERION

shogun 2 is one of the best ever

Attila never really grabbed me desu

>Come out of my comfy Teclis turtle

>Clan Pestilens has taken over the entire eastern side of my continent.
>Morathi has taken over all of Mazdamundi's territory.
>Ulthwan is being spitroasted by Skaeling and Malekith.

Time to impose some order on this world.

>tfw no qt caring dreadlord mistress

bad feel

>SEGA ever letting CA make a game that would compete directly with Dawn of War

(You)
>Has CA really taken a dive in the animation department after Shogun 2?

>Nah, look at the animations when the new lords are fighting each other.

Lords yeah, but common units just look like they are slapping and vibrating against each other until one of them drops.

goood gooood. lull me to sleep

>Verminlords are literally the ONLY lord option Skaven could possibly get in a DLC
>People still think it'll be Ikit Claw instead of Skreech Verminking

Last bread someone said Tyrion has a secret item quest. Pls tell me about it

that's a lot of rats

Can't even get the tutorial to work because
>le adobe flash

STOP POSTING MODS WITH ANIME GIRLS AS THE PICTURE
THIS ISN"T AN ANIME GAME YOU SHIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Has anyone struggled with the vortex campaign? I do okay, then hit around 100 turns and the ai just speeds off, I feel like it's so much easier for the AI to confederate that it fucks you over

I'm playing on hard campaign, very hard battles.

>turn 147
>not owning at least half of Canada
>not having a few hundred thousand banked
Clearly you're doing something wrong. Did you fall for the NATO meme?

Implying /v/erminlords are not a special summon like the old friend

>SEGA wont try new venues to seel the franchise after the fucking disaster that DoW3 was

AI has always been ahead of me in Vortexes

Not really, but I don't actively try to stay in front or desperately stop the AI doing their rituals either. I just do the rituals when I feel like doing one and spend the rest of my time just doing regular shenanigans.

>dreadlord
>not princess

You literally cant lose the vortex. Even if the AI completes all the rituals they still have to complete the final battle which is basically impossible for them to win.

I have 2 full stacks on the east coast of lustria to stop them continuing the ritual, I'm bulding 2 at Lothern and sending them to Tor Anlec, then I'm pushing these DE fucks off my island. Then I'll be forced to push into Naggarond to stop them progressing with the rituals.

I'll deal with the Skaven when I can afford it. I haven't used gold on interventions, I'm at my limit. Only option is to attack.

>Avelorn's capital gets taken by Ellyrion
>It can now trade because its capital is no longer on that retarded island
What was CA thinking? "Yeah we got ports all over and have mastered naval transportation but the 2 inches of shallow water you have to wade through to get to our capital is completely insurmountable."
reposted this here from the end of previous thread because yes I am that assmad

Really? In the game I stayed until the end I just felt like I needed to kill them off before they could even start the 5th ritual.

dont bother trying to stop enemy rituals, just beat them in the final battle.

>yfw Nagash is the big bad for the ME campaign
>yfw kangz still wont be announced
vampire count units

>Shitty non army with nothing hinting at what they could do military and faction-wise not in yet
Good.

Wasn't there a Tomb King mod for Warhammer 1? Was it any good?

From what I understand when they trigger their final battle, you get summoned to it. It nearly impossible for the AI to defeat you and all the other factions.

>Tfw you'll never be captured in battle by a young Dreadlord in training and made into her personal slave
>She will never take you back to Naggarond
>She will never take you to show off to her peers at a party
>You will never watch as they laugh at her for only bringing back one slave when they brought back dozens
>You will never watch as she tries to desperately hide her embarrassment with a laugh and cracking jokes at her own expense
>You will never wait in fear as you watch the party goers slice open slaves and drink and drown in their blood, while inhaling some foreign drug
>You will never see in the corner your Dreadlord master sitting in the corner awkwardly twiddling her thumbs looking uncomfortable
>You will never hear what looks like the host of the party ring a bell and watch as the Elves drink from some kind of bowl and begin touching themselves before leaping upon each other and the still alive slaves, breaking out into a massive orgy
>Your Master will never whisk you away from the scene before some drugged up Elf goes to town on you
>She will never explain to you how awkward she feels around her 'friends' and how she doesn't like going to their parties but feels socially obligated to
>She will never grab your hand and tell you she won't treat you like they do to slaves normally, she doesn't like the senselessness of it
>She will never give you a cute smile and say how she hopes they think you're hung like a Cold One and are giving her pleasure of a lifetime, ending with silence and then a blushing laugh, saying how dirty she must've sounded just then.
>She will never look away as you listen to the incredibly loud shrieks and moaning going on in the other room before she looks back to you but trying to avoid eye contact
>She will never tell you she's never been with a man before, let alone a human
>She will never begin to slide her soft hand against your thigh as she moves her face closer before closing her eyes and pressing her lips against yours
;_;

The same goes for Knights of the Cross and Mommy campaign.
Other features:
>in sieges routed attacked try to run into the castle/city
>enemy failing to use ladders
>reinforcments spawning behind enemy lines(even in sieges)
>cannot move capital

It was functional at least
Looked like pure shit since the mod tools were pretty limited but it kinda felt like the real deal

>tfw no qt dreadlady with a qt princess mistress/slave

jesus christ I wish there was a limit to how many times a unit can rout and come back

I mean they have more lore and tabletop representation then Ind, Nippon, and Cathay have ever had, but retards in these threads keep asking for those factions.

desu 2/3 dreadladies are sexy but only 1/3 princess is cute

A supposed human being took the time to type this out and stopped just before it got good.

>playing as malekith
>mazdamundi keeps bullying mommy who I'm using as a buffer against invasion
>decide to invade and raze/sack some of his shit for piles of money
>the turn after I land on his shores he starts doing the 4th ritual
>thanks to wars on every front and the chaos stacks he goes from 38 to 26 settlements in three turns
>sends out hordes of dinosaurs and lizards thanks to AI cheatbux
>entirety of lustria turns into a massive warzone in an instant
>suddenly everyone from clan pestilens to vampire coast wants to be my friend because of heavy hexoatl bullying
That was a rather amusing turn of events that snowballed quickly.

Add gladefu in and I'm sold.

I had never realised that infinite leadership was so goddamn OP

I can't believe I won this

What the fuck, why is my garrison at worse than half strength?

>977 kills

Damn son

Attrition?

It hit the 2000 max character limit

Have fun fighting through corrupted as hell lustria and naggarond with all walled settlements

If you ever play Tyrion again:
>ally Ellyrion Yveresse, Chrace and Chotique later
>kill cult of excess
>wipe Saphery's army right after they colonize
>kill Caledor with Tyrion, defend/finish off Saphery with Alastar
>kill Tiranoc, maybe Nagerythe
>build elf NATO
>wipe out snowniggers
>invade MURICA
>by turn 120 have 450k banked and 13k gold per turn
I only play on very hard so legendary might be a bit lower

Add some munging to the next one

What's a decent balanced comp to use against the Lizardmen as High Elves? I'm building an expeditionary force to remove Mazdamundi from the Ritual race. But I have to admit I have no idea what to bring. I have everything available.

>kill Tiranoc
>not ally and later confederate after waifu Shakkara murders half of Naggarond for you

>Writing up a tutorial on the easiest faction/start of both TW:W

good job

meme stacks of seaguards user

I haven't played as Helves yet, but when dealing with the lizards my go to as Delves has been spearlines with archer fire to drop them and some light monstrous support.

From what? I just Confederated Avelorn that had been peaceful all game. Weird stuff is going on, my Noble in araby is still failing and the bearded lags had enough of the vamp shit so are now shorting out all over araby. It would be nice if the greenskinz in the east would push west some.

You know what they didn't have though? Actual units

why is mazdamundi such a dick

im playing kroqgar and he declared war on me the second he saw my first ocean scout/treasure hunter and won't accept a peace treaty 80+ turns later

Was it recently sacked or otherwise punched in some manner?

19 Lothern Sea Guard

>She will never suffer a sudden fatal case of diarrhoea and shit herself to death.
>You will never be found half starved clinging to her shit covered corpse and be sentenced to a tortured death for killing her with foul magic.
>You will never kill of the dark elf race by introducing AIDS to them that you caught in a Skaven brothel.

They had a unit in Dogs of War.
Also had a blood bowl team. Rule of thumb, it its too obscure for Blood Bowl, its probably not going to be in Tww.

Not saying they had a lot, but they had more then fucking this

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH~~HAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAHHH~~~~

SEND~ LOU~IE

I'm SO fucking bad at Warhammer campaigns. I have no idea how to prioritize anything, and I don't really know what a good stack comp looks like either. I have no idea if I should always maintain 20 units, or if it's okay to have a less than full stack to make room in my budget for higher tiered units.

Nope. Literally was peaceful all game for 60+ turns then Confederated.

Those kdaai look sweet

As someone who knows very little about chaos dwarfs, why do they have orcs?

they enslave all
there are fucktons of orcs nearby (though a fuckton more gobbos)
they created black orcs

if you confederate garnison in newly aqquired settlements is zeroed and slowly rebuild.
Did you have only skinks in your second army or waht?

SLAAAAAAAAAAAVES

While not infinite leadership, any dwarf lord with a few warriors would always kill hundreds of my gobbos before my gobbos broke and fucked off. High leadership is nothing to fuck with man

Not ally with all high elf factions.
Not keeping them all aliied togheter.
Not confederate only with Teclics.
Not leading Uthlan pact into victory.

LOOK UP GUYS SHUT UP AND LOOK HOLY SHIT GUYS DO YOU SEE IT ABOVE OUR HEADS IN THE AIR OH MY ASURYAN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

ITS OUR UNITS

THEY PATROL THE SKIES!

A garrison force of some skinks and sword saurus. I got attacked again immediately after, you can see the garrison here

Who are more evil? Warriors of Chaos or Chaos Dwarfs?

Giving them that much armor seems a bit extreme for slaves

>dont even have any flying units in the army
>units still act like i do

There should be a leadership penalty for not having aerial superiority.

THEY'RE THERE BRO TRUST ME

OUR UNITS. /OUR GUYS/

Can't other HElf factions confed with each other?

Shit like this is why I'm starting to believe WH3 might just be 4 Chaos factions or Daemons + Ogres + Dwarfs and Kislev, with some random ass faction like Norsca as preorder DLC.Before WH2 came out it seemed like we had a shitload of factions to go, but after Tomb Kings it's really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Ideally I'd want all of this shit no matter how ridiculous but I wonder what the race for the final faction DLC when we hit rock bottom will be like.

>posts one unit
>THEY HAD MORE THOUGH
kek, amazoniggers need to be gassed

Warriors of Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs are about as evil as Dark Elves overall. They're basically just Dwarfs who take slaves and sell weapons to the WoC

What are

>Warplock Jezzails
>Ratling Gunners
>Poisoned Wind Mortars
>Giant Rats
>Rat Swarms
>God damn Stormfiends

Don't know your Army list very well desu

did they ever do any units for ind? i can't remember.

LOVE ETERNAL!

He said lord options m8.

They're hidden in the clouds. It's schemes.

Chaos Dwarfs. They are more of a betrayal of the nature of Dwarfs then Chaos Warriors are to the nature of man.

its just a generic black ork unit shown with them, you can just repaint normal black orks and use them in chaos dwarf armies. I don't think they did special sculpts for them.

Is this that Elven colony?
You need to eridacte vampire cunts or you will have constat rebbelion here.
Or put some general to farm exp and cash.