Where is my ERE movie Veeky Forums?

Where is my ERE movie Veeky Forums?
Why popular media avoid this nation?

Because it's not well known enough. Its glory days were in an awkward position between general knowledge Rome and general knowledge Middle Ages.

historical epics are dead anyway.

But it is really reach story wise to just ignore it:
> Roman empire in the middle ages
> Lasted for almost 1000 years after the fall of the west
> First line of defense against muslims and the nomads from asia
> Impulsors of the crusades
> Intrige filled court
> Peasent to emperor stories
> Woman in places of power

And its rare enough to be unique to the viewers. Its like HBO wet dream

But like the other user said they are too eastern and too unknown.

watch this movie

t.urk

Nice Hittitie eagle

>the final Byzantine-Sassanid war will never get serialized
Why live?

>First line of defense against muslims and the nomads from asia
Religion of Peace.

>Why popular media avoid this nation?
Because a prosperous Christian empire that existed in Europe during the Middle Ages goes completely against the narrative they keep pushing about Christianity causing the Dark Ages.

That didn't stop Hollywood from making a movie about Persia being conquered by the Seljuk Turks. Granted, it was more about an Englishman's journey in the middle east disguised as a Jew to learn medical knowledge.

t. Hypatia killer

Discouraging philosophy was pretty bad, but to say that the Byzzies did not make advances in law and medicine is bullshit. Not to mention that they possessed the motherucking Greek fire, an advanced weapon that only they had and which was feared by all their enemies.

>Nation

>Based on the best selling novel

Are there any best selling novels set in the ERE?

>that only they had
They invented it, but they weren't the only people to have it in their possession.

Oh man that movie felt like two different movies. Historical accuracy was thrown out of the window too.

Because there's no good script bouncing around in Hollywood about them, no director who has a vision about them, no studio that believes they can bank millions of dollars on their appeal.

>muh (((they)))

No, it's a movie about a book that got popular.

To be fair, he is partially right in that they might not consider it because it goes against a commonly accepted narrative.

Tbf only the fucking Turks make movies that involve the Byzantine Empire. Besides them i can think of the Bulgars, who made a TV series of one of their Byzantslaying Khans.

I remember seeing a book about Justinian ll but I didn't buy it.

Can you explain further? I remember reading somewhere that the Chinese had a similar weapon but I'm sure that in Europe and the Middle East only the Byzantines would possess it.

>hollywood
it was a German movie though, no?

>protagonists name is Robert Cole
>he's from England
>movie setting apparently predates the Norman Conquest

There's the Belisarius series.

They got it from a native of the levant. They contained the spread of information as best they could, but did not invent it.