/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Switch Axe Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>More News
-Monster Hunter Stories is out now! youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. is out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/, MHFrontier, MHO,

Forgot to upgrade their armor:

I like monster hunter.

>I'm never sure if you guys are legitimately trolling or just stupid. This was the most disappointing G Rank expansion ever. It literally DROPPED content of Tri and did many things so much worse. Absolutely terrible online feature without a proper lobby, terrible chat that doesn't allow you to type more than two words, awful netcode, free hunt mechanics dumbed down, no more big online town/Loc Lac, worse textures than the original game with forced meme shadows instead that don't blend in with the rest of the graphics, worst Elder Dragon ever, so ridiculously imbalanced that you are basically gimping yourself when not just picking a slime bow with three friends and just spamming, which doesn't take any skill at all and no materials at all. Even one of the more interesting final quests like Abyssal Lagiacrus has a glitch that is so easy to exploit that you would be gimping yourself again when not using it, it was the first Monster Hunter that let you cancel recovery animations with dodge rolls, which makes the whole series piss easy to this day. G Rank is actually piss easy and has marthon triple monster quests for almost every single monster that makesthem die in 10 seconds and don't fight back at all. So much more.

MH3U a shit confirmed.

I'm looking forward to World!

nth for video games are supposed to be fun!

>terrible netcode
What did she mea-

Is this how King Crimson works?

>GS against Ivory
>fucking Hammer against Ivory
/mhg/ players are always so cringe.

Why do all the people who play huntress and dress her up with mixed sets that don't even give good skills but show panties at all times -always- use the twin tails hairstyle?

>having fun is cringe
sup reddit

I will admit, I personally liked MH3U, but was put off that they got rid of Bowgun parts.

What is the problem?
Some people just want to have +100 usage in all weapons. So they go with everyting against everything, because is lame do tour quest with that weapon you don't want to use just to up the usage.

Is there a chart or something that shows damage values for each weapons attacks?

>liking anything from turd gen
LMFAO

>liking anything
xD

The Kelbi Bow was essentially a shitter enabler.

The Custom Bowgun feature would've probably worked out better in a game with more kinds of monsters, too.

don't forget about the free 50 defense, not to mention monsters already do no damage, exhaust, no challenge at all apart from event quests, bugged charm tables

>Some people just want to have +100 usage in all weapons
That's the most autistic thing I heard today.

When you already have the 100% of the game but you still want to play it, you search ways to keep playing.

>love that sns was given a big hit in the form of the charge backhop
>it's tied to some aerial bullshit in world

i guess sns is dead to me forever

That's why a real connoisseur knows P3rd is the most "perfect" and polishd MH, especially for the solo experience. It's 100% Tri/polished FU gameplay but with some of the best things of FU and all the best things of Tri and it's on best emulator.

Hopefully 90% of gen 2 monsties fuck off and dont return in world

Indeed. Those always were my main gripe with 4. You can just see how outdated they are in direct comparison with new monsters like Zinogre or Shagaru. Outdated, ugly, dull, repetitive, boring, ugly gear.

Why did they put boomer Raths in those boring arenas in MH3U? They're just normal Raths but old.

>ugly gear.

I'll fight you m8

I said 90%
Some of it is cool
Teo's one of my favs

Teo got a better male set in 4th gen though

MH3G gave all my favorite armors irredeemable butt-ugly G Rank versions Capcom will never redesign.

I will forever hate it for this reason alone.

Very well then.
I will not fight you.

You can tell she knows and enjoys the fact she's giving all of us boners that could turn stones green with envy.

The Hallowed Jhen armor has worse colors for sure

>only unlocalized assholes get into this box

Both look retarded and don't understand what the point of the armor was.

Dunno, the armors seem pointy enough.

Do you think with the additions and changes made to GS in World that the core playstyle of the weapon is going to change?

>MH games are ugly
They always get the most out of their hardware.

I don't see what people like in *this* armor

somone tell me gunlance and switch axe are gonna be good in world

It'll really depend on if Crit Draw or something like it still exists or not.
If it does, I don't think there will be too much change barring a massive decrease on the 1st charge's MVs.
If Crit Draw dies off then it might be up in the air what exactly happens to it.

Are there actually ANY girls on /mhg/ wo would be willing to put their feet inside my mouth while we both play MH?

Asking for a friend.

turd gay really is the worst game

>barring a massive decrease on the 1st charge's MVs.
I've heard multiple people saying draw charges are much weaker now, but I don't know how much truth there is in that.

>gunlance
with as many new widgets and overhauls as it's seen, it's still up in the air. shelling still operates on a level system, so my hopes aren't that high.

>switch axe
it really depends on how strong phial awakening is.

I like that it turns any huntress into a conceited, princess looking type.
It only works if the huntress is white though. Sorry, not into ganguro

Ive never played 3 but ive played 4u a lot

which should I play while I wait

I main LBG and SA

>I jumped in with MH3U or 4
Just like 70% of /mhg/.

I've heard that as well but exactly what changes will need to be seen to make any firm statement.

I think about the only thing that is 100% confirmed is that elemental GS is still a joke.

dark souls

Play Generations. It's the current Monster Hunter game that everyone should be playing right now instead of those other dead games or moonrune ones your not supposed to ever play.

>complaining about old
>plays a game that's 3/4 disgusting, outdated first and second gen shit monsters
>styles that make it babby easy

Lance

>playing a game even the bot dropped

>I main LBG and SA

Anyone know where I can find a Jade Barroth in MHS? Logic says it should be in the Tundra, but I've heard people say it's in the Desert. Where the fuck is it?

Nice! So do I, user.

>one of the coolest gunlances in the series
>its been shit in the majority of games its in
>gunlance is shit in general

hopefully gunlance will be good in MHW

you have no idea how hard i'm hoping, user. i've wanted nothing more than for gunlance to be good

Switch axe looks borderline overpowered

I know right, the screen was shaking and the weapon was all hot with red neon and went fwooosh

Depends on how the damage values work out, and really what skills are even in the game. If Artillery is still around it could get interesting with those Phial Awakening bursts.

Dont be a smartass user

jej

Rate the monster hunter games you have played on a scale of 1 to 10

>MHFU
7/10

>MH3Tri
solid 9

>MH3U
8, i enjoyed 3U a lot

>MH4U
9/10

>Gen
6/10

>XX
8/10

meant for but who cares anyway

>any turd gen game above 0
lmao

i like hunting monsters.

Explain to me in a coherent post why Frontier is bad and should stay away from it

The only reasons you shouldn't play frontier is if you're not patient enough to constantly cross-reference fist.moe or don't want to pay the sub fee

everything else is tolerable and workable, you just REALLY have to love monster hunter to go that far

>if I use the word fuck a lot it will make the image funnier

what was meant by this

it's from a simpler time

Having two discharges, one that latches onto the monsters head and guarantees every tick in addition to the old one seems like a pretty big buff

3u 7/10

4u 9/10

x 8/10

>x that high

>le X is bad! XD
>d-do I fit in yet, guys?

Monster Hunter 10/10

Freedom Unite 9/10

3U 10/10

4U 9/10

Generations 9/10

The only thing stopping FU, 4U and Generations from being 10/10 too is the fact that they were on hand held systems only. Had they gotten a console version that I could play on an actual TV and with a comfortable controller, they would be 10 too.

Tri 8/10
3u 9/10
4u 9/10
Gen 7/10

fuck off MH lover

im honestly surprised i put 3u that high, between learning about charm tables hundreds of hours in, and underwater combat among other things

repostan oregano drawing from previous thread

subscription

anime

grind

that's about it feel free to try, its free up to a point

>tfw theres no physical collectors edition of worlds for pc
Do I get it for ps4 then sell the game and keep the stuff then rebuy it on pc? Or just get the pc version?

Are they ever gonna fix damage calculation for fucking elemental damage? And by fix i mean "make it not shit"

user don' tell me you don't use an elemental appropriate weapon for every hunt?

HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI

Of course not when the increased raw which is actually affected by motion value is better than element by a long shot.

B-But elemental weapons have a very cool visual effect!

Practice more.

Why is /mhg/ so butthurt? Need lotion for that?

so whats the most fun you've had with monster hunter?

mine was Tri for Wii, not because it was babbeh's first MH, but because I got 3 IRL friends on board to play the game.

We ended up making 4 Max Armor Renopalous (or however its fucking spelled) Sets with max defense and HP, and guarding Heavy Bowguns.

We loudly and annoyingly RP'd Space marines in slow trundling armor while people literally shrugged off deviljo charges.

Shit was absolutely endorsed by the most noble emperor of mankind.

So how come MHFU just gives every weapon line that doesn't have a G-Rank equivalent a one-off craft post-Ukanlos when a lot of the dead-ends on the weapon tree could've just been expanded?

Holy shit I've never seen the male version, that's hilarious. I always assumed it was just as cool.

3U: 9/10
4U: 7/10
Gen: 8/10

If tigrex is supposedly so strong and buff(he's not you can literally see his ribs) why doesn't he just slash or slam you instead of ramming his body into you like a retard

>dos
7/10
>Fu
6/10
>p3rd
7/10
>Tri
5/10
>3u
8/10
>4
5/10