Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map):
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ
upd: Extracted Soundtrack added

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JfnE43epNIQ&t=859s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My new waifu

Hi Adramahlikh.

Necromancer has one. But it does a lot of dmg to yourself so you need death resist spell to use it.

OH BABY
OH DARLING

Fuck the fucking bugs.

I want to marry The Red Prince!

Rank 10 hydro should have an out of combat res skill

Shit dude, uuuh heal him up and try doing it again, this quest is shit and bugged though

My try with it had the demon possess my main dude when the demon had like 100 hp left, then the fight abruptly glitched out and ended, so my guy permanently has the demonic possession debuff (without the madness)

New to the game/genre. I want to go with a Rogue. Should I go with a male dwarf fem human or m/f lizard. What should my other teammates be?

So after I killed the Eternal Aetera, Fane's head is shining with light. Is this a bug or am I missing something

all lzizard

Probably you destroyed chains before. If it's so - the only way to kill the dorf now. Normally you need to hit them until he fall 3 or 4 times and then he'll stop falling at all. And at this point you destroy chains.
Pick origin character for more story options.

By the time you reach Rank 10 hydro, you should be rolling in spare cash already.

>he just fucking hefts the kid up and carries him away

Do you know what burying is?

Alice can suck my shining knob!

Is it me or does this game have 0 replay value?

First playthrough was great, but I did almost every quest and fucked around a lot with builds cuz infinite respec. Now I started a second run on Tactician difficulty lone wolf run using the 2 characters I hadn't used before (Lohse and Red Prince), and it's fucking boring me to tears. I already know everything that's going to happen, just mindlessly repeating quests, combat is easy as shit since I actually know what I'm doing now, and finding new builds isn't even fun since I already found good, fun builds in my first playthrough.

0 replay value: the game

BRACCUS IS A BLOODY ROTTEN THIEVING VERY VERY AWFUL FELLOW

pls respond
I see no status effects?

i'm just saying that's a fucking downer, you sperg, jesus

>RPGs
>replay value

You are not supposed to do all the quest on the first run. You will be overleveled by nameless island.

main problem is lone wolf is busted as all hell

It's a bug, but he'll stop shining once you reach Act 3-4.

But rpgs have tons of replay value

>You are not supposed to do all the quest

You aren't supposed to but you have to so that you're properly leveled for this or that retarded fight.

ifan fucks his spirit wolf

>0 replay value: the game
Fortunately it's 100+ hours long so it's still a good value purchase even if you'll never replay it.

>implying ifan's a top

You literally can't see all the quests in a single playthrough.

>Bitch thinks she's fabulous?
>Bitch please, I'M FABULOUS.

Yes you can, because you can respec and play them all. Unless you count the companion quests.

Story-wise, no replay value. The handful of quests you miss out on not taking certain characters or doing certain things doesnt matter. And they make up like

So is there anyway to save this guy? Is death the only cure I can give him?

These stupid levers/doors/traps that just fill a room with deathfog are retarded game design.

Haha lets punish them for searching and looking through everything in a game where we hide stuff everywhere. Haha that'll teach those gamers to try and grab stuff. Haha and lets make their last autosave super far away so that if they die and don't have a spooky skelly on their team they have to reload. Haha that'll teach them to play default characters to which we have given a story and not make their own OC 2 spooky 4 u character.

HAHA
Haha
haha

>Unless you count the companion quests
I do

The fact that you have to pretty much break the game to make your own custom party speaks volumes about how much they hate custom characters. Its like...they would have to do more work or something.

>The fact that you have to pretty much break the game to make your own custom party
literally how

The fact that they punish me over and over and over for picking Lohse and Red Prince with their stupid deathfog shit is retarded.

What's the lesson I should learn? Don't do side quests and try to just get to the end? Stop looking for gear in hidden places?

Would it be worth a 1 level dip in various trees for all the "gtfo" abilities, since having a Tank and a "DPS" doesn't work?
Something like
>1 dip in Warfare, Scoundrel, Hunter, and Aero for Phoenix Dive, Tactical Retreat, Cloak and Dagger, and Teleport (Which is more like a reverse GTFO, throw an enemy off into the distance if they get too close)
>Play keep away while pelting enemies from afar while the walking meat wall does it's thing

Do you really wan't to sit through 80+ hours of content again to get through two companion-tier quest-lines?

Run the game from the .exe four times, make a MP game, join it yourself, make each character

Its not exactly breaking the game, but it is an exploit.

Create a custom lobby, run 4 games, log in with four different accounts, create 4 different characters on each client, then close out the three vestige accounts.

Then you can do full dwarf runs, but its hardware intensive depending on what your working with. Its a pain in the ass.

If you want replay value play tides of numenera it's a lot better and has an actual story.

you can just take lone wolf, do fort joy, and then hire mercs on the ship? i've never hired companions so idk how it works

Playing Fort Joy for hours on lone wolf is boring as shit. It is legitimately easier to run the game four times.

You can't make custom mercs, they are all pre-made. You can respec, but you can't begin the game with them.

Which is gay.

Playing Fort Joy for hours on lone wolf is boring as shit. It is legitimately easier to run the game four times.

>but it is an exploit.
Its not an exploit, its their own fault for not letting us do something anyone can do if they have 3 friends.

The idea that if you play with others, sure go ahead start with four characters is fine, but its not fine if you're playing solo is downright stupid game design.

not to mention you already got all the combat bits of the companion quests anyway. I didn't have lohse/red prince and I still fought adramahlik and those lizard dudes in arx

>cant make custom mercs
>you can respec
>respec is free
What?

Did you never look in the mirror on the ship? It's 2 floors down.

Did you never talk to that lizard lady on the top side of the ship?

>He doesn't know about the respec
Come on...

It was hard not to notice my physical armor and HP bars being nuked.

>Playing a sword 'n board necro
>Feel like my damage isn't that good, chipping away at armor while skelebro's True Ogre violently fists enemies with triple my damage attacks (And still being beefy)
>Chains of Torment an enemy
>Run up on them through some Necrofire, take 0 actual damage because lmaoFrostArmor and a shitload of Magic Armor anyways
>They get half melted by me damaging myself in the fire
I feel like a retard for not noticing this earlier. Feels cheesy as fuck but a good trick to have.

Masochist build acheived

I didn't even know Summon Fire Slug was a spell. Is it worth it compared to Incarnate Chad or nah?

Which is better, sword and board or 2handed?

dual wield

How do I cheese the doctor in arx? I fucking HATE shitty encounters like this. The damn guy has 11k health and 17k armor and a whole army hanging out inside of his fucking ass fuck dungeon.

It seems they patched locking npcs in conversation and hitting them until they die. WHat the is the proper mechanic for killing this asshole? Not to mention its on a fucking TIME LIMIT.

Fuck this game man. I declined to extinguish the souls in the demon plane.

hell no, fire incarnate is a better fire slug then fire slug. They fucked over all other school centric summons by allowing the incarnate to be any element.

SnS: For being unkillable, shit damage
2hander: For damage and being unkillable
Duel: For backstabbing
Duel not for backstabbing: kek enjoy literally the worst weapon combo in the game

relying on outtanking your enemy instead of just deleting them with big 2handed dmg

yeah well
>muh durability muhfugga

I oneshotted him with deathfog barrel. Also i saw how people were buffing before combat their ranger and then killin boss in 1 turn when he is still in himan form with shit stats.

Didn't get there yet. I got to arx and got lost in the sewers dealing with some dwarf shit. I have 0 quests. But did you try just bottlenecking the fight. Wait at a door and kill shit that goes through it.

This guys Duel zerker is pretty strong.
youtube.com/watch?v=JfnE43epNIQ&t=859s

So in your strat you can potentially kill someone every 3 turns assuming you set up the correct shit on the floor first to dmg yourself?

Does each fight take you a whole day to finish?

Lemme guess classic mode

>game gives you option to weaken him
>decline it
>REEE WHY IS IT SO HARD

I want to be Fane's best friend!

>assuming you set up the correct shit on the floor first to dmg yourself?
I mean Shield+Hydro/Geo in general not the self harm meme, that's just something I didn't actually expect to work because I guess my brain just never registered the way it calculates damage from walking on flames since I've always had so much magic armor it never matters.
>Does each fight take you a whole day to finish?
it feels like it sometimes. Maybe I'll change specs.

Sword and board is reasonably high damage if you build it right. Put a point in poly for tentacle lash and always upgrade your shield asap for those juicy shield toss hits. If you grab the spell crit talent shield toss and tentacle lash can crit as well and it's easy to hit high crit % with flame runes.

>some dumb source vat wants thinks he's good enough for Fane

I feel you. This game really doesn't reward creative builds.

I am playing as a 2h warfare dude and a rogue and I kill shit really fast but I would have loved to be able to just be a magic man and do magic.

He only talks about tactician, try it out user. Even though playing through this game will take a week.

Most thematic appropriate build for Lohse? I like her Hydro / Aero base but am probably going to be running with a Fighter / Rogue / Ranger or something similar and don't want to make my gameplay experience TOO painful before mid-game.

necro

staff huntsman/warfare

Hahaha what's that player? You didn't want to put any points in persuasion?

Hahaha ok enjoy having to literally fight every single person you talk to.

Seriously fuck Larian. Overall the game is great fun but there's so many little things that just add up into a not fun playing experience.

Magic man builds are fun though. They struggle early game but once you get to Reaper's Coast and get access to more spells and skill points and stuff they really shine.

I tried out that meme staff warrior build people here keep talking about today and once I hit level 6ish and got a good air damage staff everything fell into place and I started having a lot of fun with it.

>RPG Division
Don't get me wrong I can appreciate that he's like the only guy making build guides out there except for that Quackstack guy, but RPG Division should have lost all credibility for all time with /divg/ the moment he released his "Stack Wits 99% Crit Chance Assassin Build" and then back-stabbed every attack in his game-play demonstration anyway.

He's totally clueless about basic mechanics and how the game works and 2/3 of his "builds" are just bloated Lone Wolf trash heaps with points randomly thrown all over the place and like 50+ Wits minimum on almost every build.

>staff huntsman/warfare
Wut

Attack the nurse at the front desk, then move your team to the room on the right hand side while eliminating other red names, you'll have plenty of time to pick enemies off one by one instead of fighting the entire army at once.

>Make armor/magic armor give a percent chance to resist crowd control based on the amount
>Make crowd control have a percentage chance to apply that scales with the stat relevant to the ability
>crowd control always applies when they have no armor as it does now

Would this make the game better?

>skill whose entire point is being able to bypass fights through dialogue
>wtf, if I don't take this skill I have to fight people?
What, are you angry you have to put points in thievery to lockpick and steal things now?

Does Hydro / Necro work? I liked the idea of being a supportive mage with Necro spells for offense - but 2 damaging spell seems like I may need to splash even more to have something to do every turn.

I want to avoid summoning at all possible if I can, I had a Summoner on my first Tactician run and it was boring as fuck.

You are too retarded.

They couldn't be persuasion checks for secrets or more loot or interesting character developments. Just, you know, less fights. Its fucking weak man, stop shilling.

I'm angry when my dude with 90 strength can't pass a strength check vs some trader.

Yea.

I'd understand the purpose of persuasion for skill checks like wits, intellect and finesse or the tag ones but please tell me why it affects me threatening some dude to pound their face in if they don't give me what I want.

Then make the skill better.

Let it open up more chat options. Let it affect something other than if I will have to fight someone.

Right now it's better for me to spend my shit on other stuff that will help me in the fights that I will ultimately have to take because the persuasion skill is ass.

Don't mix magic and physical dmg. It's dumb the way the armor works in this game.

Game keeps surprising me in my third playthrought

1 Big armor bar instead of 2 separate ones.
Magic armor reduces the dmg magic does. Physical reduces the dmg physical attacks do.

There, I fixed your dumb game Larian.

No, RNG is just more faggotry.

The system should work by having a little effect at 100% armor (reduce accuracy by 10%, reduce stats by 1) to outright stunning at 0% armor. Inbetween should have stages, so at 85% its more powerful, 70%, 55% ect

That way every time you want to use CC you have to think, do I want to use this CC now, mitigate damage, and survive, or should I try to batter their armor down for a turn first then use the CC so its more effective. Should I attack two targets to apply CC to both, or should I focus this high value target so I can stun them?

Ect. Making a good combat system isnt going to be as simple as slapping shitty sponge armor like we have now or slapping RNG on it. They need more mechanics, more depth and more features.

>I'm angry when my dude with 90 strength can't pass a strength check vs some trader.
Okay I understand your frustration but people really get their knickers twisted when it comes to pursuasion "checks" in this game. I wish they'd just left the appropriate stat blank so people didn't sperg out so much about it.

Strength is the best example because there are HUGE amount of persuasion options where the Strength option outright fails no matter how high your stat is (and sometimes no matter how high your persuasion is) because it's clearly not the choice to take. When the crippled magister is hurting from the slaughter of his friends / his own maiming and you're trying to talk him down from attacking you and dying needlessly it should be clear as day that the "[strength] I'LL FUCK YOU UP YOU LITTLE SHITTER" option is just going to end in violence no matter what.

Another great example is the skittish Lizard in the prison of fort joy, you can never pass the persuasion check with the "[wits] I'm here to break you out of here" and if you talk to the character afterwards you'll know exactly why that was never going to work.

But... the diary...

It's brainlets raised on RPGs where if the option is shown it is guaranteed to succeed complaining that they're given choices.

Shut your fucking mouth.

Are you telling me that they put in persuasion options MEANT to fail, are you fucking stupid?

Don't just regurgitate surface level shit without even reading the posts user. We're talking about Hydro / Necro in terms of a utility mage on a mostly physical team. Necro deals physical damage but is INT scaling and Hydro is taken mostly for the healing and shielding which is the whole point of it being a "utility" mage.