Old thread
>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
PCB 7.0.2 is out and it has nothing interesting in it.
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=124526#post124526

Play the OOOK.CZ comp you casuals
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Rogue Effect updated to v1.0
now has a save/resume feature
dowhilecompiling.blogspot.com/2017/09/rogue-effect-v10-and-drakefire-chasm.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.63/htmldoc/Chapter2.html#gs
crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/OOTN/morgue-OOTN-20171009-063616.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*pin drop*

ToME4 DLC:
How much will EoR be rapped and how hard will spydre/the other one get fucked in the ass?

AAAAAAAAAA MY VIRGIN EARS YOU FUCKING BASTARD

yeah, it has windows intructions for perl and cygwin. been trying perl with no luck, totally didnt think about trying to ask the nh4 irc channel though, Ill see what they say.

Thanks for the help good sir.

played hellcrawl for the first time, it was pretty fun, not so much slogging through popcorn as in the regular game. I only got 4 runes though, is there a specific order you're supposed to take the one-way portals so that you can get all 15?

tfw have chad ears and never heard a sound in my life

maybe we should just have a weekly thread or something. maybe twice a week.

First for nethack

that font looks gross

wish to be in a better game

I'm sorry if I've offended you.
Such a thing does not exist.

A greased baby cock

its been awhile since I Beoghposted

how much penance would you get for casting tornado

The correct term is "blessed fixed greased half eaten chickatrice corpse named chick fil a special with a side of ranch"
Get it right you pleb.

Getting retarded luck in IVAN atm, WoT and shaal at lvl 2 day 1.

who would even think that
whats wrong with you

yeah shatter is probably a better option cause you get the priests all at once

why do people hate ToME?

blessed greased thoroughly damaged meat stick named rlg's favorite dildo

I don't hate ToME I just like shitposting about it being bad.

the farthest ive ever gotten was with beogh but im shit and always lose

You could have thrown the burnt modifier in there as well.

i dont like how it looks the tile and ascii look bad

I don't know how people play with tiles on ToME or really tiles in general. I can't think of one game that really does them right. DCSS are probably the closest I've seen that are maybe ok at best.

>wow people have different preferences, how incredibly shocking!!!11!

I could say the exact same thing in reverse.

I really like the simple style of brogue/IAs glyph-like tiles too.
Most other rl tiles are just muddy shite though, that's for sure.

nethack is a special kind of drug

No need to get all defensive there bucko.

my favorite are dcss and ia everything else i play with ascii unless its some shit like unreal world

Ugly as sin. Unlockable content. Non-permadeath modes. AoLS parallels. Keyboard roll combat. Overworld map. Shitty "lore" collectables. Huge abundance of lmao just walk away threats. Huge amounts of chaff.
Tbf to ToME4, a lot of other roguelikes do the last two. ToME4 just does it a very lot and a very badly. You're free to disagree, but then you're a fucking ToMEfag. Embarassing!

I'm not defensive, I play with ascii most of the time myself.

Im annoyed at your retarded comment

So gimme some roguelikes that do tiles well instead of just >getting defensive and annoyed!!!111
I guess ToME's aren't all that bad but I'd still rather play with the shitty ascii.

ADOM

binding of isaac, hero siege, and reccetear to name a few.

Hack and slash roguelikes are my favorite!
See now that wasn't so hard. But is there anything redeeming about the gameplay?

did they reduce the number of remove curse scrolls in trunk?

>See now that wasn't so hard. But is there anything redeeming about the gameplay?
dont move the goalpost now faggo, this is about tilesets and ascii, not gameplay.

big red D's and large german cock

>Huge abundance of lmao just walk away threats
>Huge amounts of chaff
t. Normie adventure kiddy

Tometists>Normie adventure kids.

Yah but we can only talk so much about that.
ADOM has nice tiles but literally zero (0) else going for it unless you count >large german cock.
Which you most certainly should

>>large german cock
WHat is that?

youll see

>did they make the game less fun and more FUN
Why are you even asking this?

German cocks are actually super small. The reason german women are so slutty is because they aren't able to be satisfied by such tiny men unless they are in large groups.
This is also the real reason behind why refugees are so welcome there.

Ah yes, the famous Chadskup instead of the Virgin god

What a pointless shitpost.

I'd call bs but all krauts I know have tiny dicks.

>euro hours
>talking about roguelikes

>murkan hours
>retarded memes

CDDA is a bunch of amusing dildos.
>Pain of having broken arms is currently less unpleasant than eating raw cabbage.

this shit is why coolthulu fork exists kevin basically hates fun

Please remember everyone devnull starts in November and you need to be practicing.
Most of you can't even beat dwarven valkyrie so get cracking.

doomrl, infra arcana, qud, nethack

Where is the user who wanted to play slex for the memes? Dear maybe-slex-playing-user: play slex! *bundlebundlebundle*

Tell me about Amy, why does
>she
spawn the monsters?

Well, a player suggested it, he said "wouldn't it be nice if you, Amy, could spawn monsters for me to fight, just like a Dungeons & Dragons game master". And I thankfully found someone who supplied the code that would make it into a reality.

>fixed
does that do anything for food items
i assume you're not getting a fireproof rustproof corpse

I'm pretty sure no one wants to play slex, even for the memes.
If they said they did they were probably just memeing.
Also, unrelated question, but how many litres of alcohol do you drink a day The Amy?

A lot of loyalty, for a basement coder.

If you gave me a link to slex i would play it

i dont like doomrl tiles
you go from seeing the whole level at once with ascii to seeing maybe a quarter of it and having to pan around with the mouse or something
they look good though, and they don't do the dumb thing ascii does with invuln/berserk where you go colorblind

Just use putty or another telnet client and ssh to [email protected] - that way you can even play in GM mode if you want to! And if you somehow get bored of slex, there's about 10 other nethack variants available as well.

I didn't understand anything before the dash. Help.

assuming you're on windows:

download
chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

read
the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.63/htmldoc/Chapter2.html#gs

Welp, I finally died. Been playing this run all day. No fucking idea what made me think I could just berserk through a lord of pandemonium. What monsters can mutate you? I got really screwed over with mutations right after grabbing the orb that gave me blurry vision and random berserk.

On the bright side, my previous best run barely even reached the Spider Nest. Frustrated that I got so damn close though.

It is too late for this. I shall try in earnest at noon tomorrow.

So does that mean you never played NetHack online? In order to play online, you need a client that can connect to the server; for Windows, putty (linked by that other user) is a popular choice. The screenie shows what settings to use.

I have not. Alright, that makes a lot more sense as to what I need to do.

>What monsters can mutate you?
Orbs of fire and a couple of demons.

And shining eyes, and I forget what else.
How much HP did you have before you encountered that pan lord? Usually they're fast, either you want to kill them ASAP or read teleport.

how do you get to xl27 as a troglodyte and only have 21ev
did you spend all your xp training 5 different weapon skills

From the tile and those stats my guess is low-enchant plate with middling-AC everything else (a scarf and a +0 artefact maybe)

Christ. I fucking hate those things even more now.

I had full HP. I totally fucked up. I have no idea why I didn't take him seriously.

I was wearing +6 rF+ Plate Armor and I had dodging trained to at least near 20, maybe even above 20. I just got screwed by mutations that made my armor not fit well. Got blurry vision and reduced Dex too.

crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/OOTN/morgue-OOTN-20171009-063616.txt
Found the morgue. Close enough guess. Your dude was skilled/statted fine.
Maybe next time read one of those EIGHT acquirement scrolls?

I admit I completely forgot about those. I had pretty crazy equipment already but I realize now I could have gone for a haste wand or consumables. I'm not very experienced yet. Like I said, before this run I was only just starting to get through Lair and Orcish Mines consistently.

Haste wand was removed, and slightly better armour wouldn't have mattered too much. Just messing. It's rare to find more than 2 or 3 acq a game.

I had absolutely ridiculous luck that game. Lost count how many electric and antimagic axes Trog gave me. There were so many close calls that I barely survived and probably shouldn't have. Those gloves and rings were almost all found before I even left the Swamp. I even got the perfect hydra slaying flaming battleaxe just when I needed it.

I have no idea how you would play this game without axes. The amount of enemies is completely ridiculous. It seems like the other weapon types are just straight up worse. Think I'll try a fighter of Okawaru next time. Trog is great and all, but that slow debuff when you finish berserking is so lethal that I stopped using it almost altogether. Brother in arms and hand of Trog are amazing though. I'm glad haste wands got removed, they seem kinda broken.

Polearms are useful with allies. Top tier M&F and swords hit minimum attack delay at lower skill levels. And generally speaking, you don't want to fight multiple dangerous enemies at once, so the axe advantage isn't as good as it looks on paper (but axes are still the best choice for MiBe)
Trog's straight up better than Okawaru, especially if you're going heavy armour no magic. Mid to late game berserk less and use allies/regen more.

Guess I did everything right then. I bet I would have escaped if I hadn't hesitated to quaff some potions and summon allies before berserking at the pan lord. The blurry eyes mutation was really nasty as well.

How are you supposed to deal with big groups of enemies if the terrain doesn't favor you without an axe? There are loads of places that have almost zero chokepoints, and I got swarmed by enemies almost every time I went down stairs. Vault 5 is a particularly good example. Those sorts of situations make me wonder how the hell playing a spellcaster is even possible.

Spellcasters have access to Controlled Blink, which is the best mobility option in the game. Also strong AoE like Freezing Cloud, Fireball, and the level 9 spells.

Usually you can just fall back a bit, most of the game has chokepoints or at least corners (you don't necessarily need a hallway). V:5 is a special case but it's late and vault guards aren't that dangerous. You could get out of that specific circle by going SE and then into the east corridor.

And summons, which you can flood an area or jam up corridors with.

Could someone give me some tips on proper wand usage? I very rarely used them and I feel like I should have been. Even when I did use them they didn't seem to do very much. Are most of them only really usable in the early to mid game? Wands of lightning and flame barely did any damage and confuse/para/enslave never seemed to work at all. What about the other evokable items? Box of beasts and the water vial saved my ass after grabbing the orb, but what about the lightning rod or gale fans or mirrors?

Train evocations, dangus.

I remember when using axes at all got you called a shitter who couldn't position. Did the crawl elitists just leave?

>I-if you hate my game i-it's because you're bad
Classic tomefaggotry right there my boyo.

For most characters I'd rather use M&F. The only reasons to use axes are if you have good apts or you're going to max out weapon skills anyway. MiBe qualifies.

hes right to an extent
higher difficulties mean that trashmobs disappear from the game
but it doesn't fix the fundamental flaws of tome being a game catered to Steam casuals and dev fetishes first and foremost

I fucking love Elona, any suggestions on a good RL that is similar?

tangledeep

Elonapluscustom

>Early Access
Does it actually have content or is it unfinished trash?

There really isn't anything like Elona. ADOM is the closest I've played.

Avoid. Furfag SAtrash.

Elona is an ADOM derivative iirc.

>Furfag
Well now I'm interested, guess I gotta play it

Elona is literally the result of some gook having never played a roguelike before and thinking ADOM was some kind of revolutionary game. Pic related.

That's pretty hilarious. ADOM is great though.

That was one of many /rlg/ memes that were maybe once half right in some edition from years ago, and which kept being parroted despite being incorrect. Like "always pump dex" and "shields are useless"

Sorry to ask again, but can someone upload Cogmind beta 2.2 please?

>Between the creation of the plug-and-play SNES and the creation of games like UNDERTALE, it's clear that there's still a craving for vintage 16-bit games. Joining that line of games is Tangledeep, a roguelike RPG now available for early access download on Steam.

>Tangledeep pulls inspiration from games like The Secret of Mana, NetHack, and Diablo, creating a unique experience each time with its shifting roguelike system and customizable players. The soundtrack also features both vintage-style video game music and full orchestral arrangements.

>The game will be available for the Nintendo Switch in early 2018, but players can grab the early access version on Steam now.

You know it's quality when it's compared to fucking Undertale and is consoleshit. How could you fuck this up so badly and still unironically try to shill it tanglederp dev?