/drg/ - Danganronpa general

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread (paste previous thread link here)

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/K0QMPJ63 - Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc/Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair:
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc/cid=UP1063-PCSE00261_00-DANGANRONPA1NA01
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/cid=UP1063-PCSE00399_00-DANGANRONPA2NA01

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-PCSE00692_00-DESPAIRGIRLSNA01

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

I love Junko!

good build for him?

Shit OP

I love Chiaki!

Mommy!!!

Forgot previous thread link.

I want to taste Himiko's magic powder!

>Three new threads at once

Which character(s) did you end up liking more than you expected?
Which character(s) did you end up liking less than you'd hoped?

I liked K1B0 more than I expected I would. I know it's a REALLY stupid thing to dislike in this series, but I'm never as keen on the more out-there and/or sci-fi stuff. He ended up being fairly grounded, for the most part.
Maki let me down. Same birthday as me so I gave her a chance, and I kinda liked her before the whole assassin reveal. Everything after that was so predictable, I ended up not really giving much of a shit about her.

>Shuichi becomes addicted to gambling just so he can keep buying keys

Remember it's inappropriate to have sex with other students while the killing game is going on. They'll be under stress and frankly you'd be taking advantage of them under those conditions.
Afterwards though it's all free game.

>implying

Ouma is for ____!

>Gotta fuck 'em all

It's cocaine user.
With a little bit of adderall mixed in.
I don't know how she got it but she did.

A reminder that Kyoko is the best girl.

I want Ouma to literally fucking DIE ironically because of a meme.

/drg/ but all Mugifriends killed themselves

>Liked more
Himiko. Expected an early death or a lack of development, got the opposite of both

>Liked less
Angie. Was hoping she'd be a quirky delicious brown but becoming a cult leader made her a lot less likeable.

Getting inpregnated by!

Loving wholeheartedly!

I hated Kaito initially because his design is just so fucking bad, but he was just so persistent in-game that he wormed his way into my heart anyways.

When are we getting a Carnival Phantasm-tier anime for Dangan Ronpa?

I'm heading to sleep. I've got a busy day tomorrow.
Goodnight /drg/

That's my line!

goodnight

I LOVE KIIBO MORE THAN I LOVE MY OWN LIFE

The more I post this the more my love for him gets stronger

KIMI TO

I probably will soon dont worry

My little drug dealer can't be this cute

And now I want to read about Druglord magicians and their magic cocaine

Nighty

Night

Kaede.
At first I was like "Oh great I'm a titty monster detective, and I've got the beta boy helper. Well fuck it let's see how it goes."
Then after the first case I missed the titty monster.
Then after the third case the beta boy grew on me.

Never because DR fans don't deserve nice things, only suffering and twists

Why can't it be both of our lines?

Bye

You haven't forgotten about her, right?

>Which character(s) did you end up liking more than you expected?
Himiko, I usually can't stand lolis. Also Kokichi, because I thought he'd be tumblrbait, but he's actually a pretty fun character, maybe even my favorite.
>Which character(s) did you end up liking less than you'd hoped?
Korekiyo. I expected him to be as "out there" as Gundham, but for the most part, he was pretty quiet.

Kaede "10000 meals a day" Akamatsu

Alright waifufags of /drg/ lets hear why you fell for your waifu of choice.
Was it her looks? Her personality? Her smile? Something else? Get out there and bare your soul to the rest of us.
I want to see what makes each of us love their waifu.

So did this game have any impact or change your views around the morality of truth/lying?

This game literally made me want o kill myself

she isn't the worst bear

Making Kaede starve herself to be pretty!

In a good way or a bad way?

Is that supposed to be a potty?

Seeing all the shit the games/"serious" anime produced I can only imagine the threads for a comedy series.

But Monokid is my waifu

MUGI!

No, if it was going to the ending ruined that. Unless they patch it up with dlc which is not fucking likely that redacts a lot of the loony shit they did I doubt it will.

Cuddling, kissing, headpatting, and sex if he so desires!

Well you caught me at the wrong time. Maybe I'll give you my answer if you ask again, but I don't have the time to give my reasoning because I'm going to sleep.

kicking

t.Poyo

No, it handled every theme it brought up so poorly that I can only imagine it impressed people who've literally never heard of or thought about the concepts before, any time v3 approaches something clever or interesting it takes a hard left directly off a cliff instead

In a good way because that's how I met my son, Kiibo, but I will never be able to proper meet him.

In a bad way because for some hours I thought I was living in the matrix

I like the way you think

t. Strelok

I think she's dead. No sign of her after raving/partying last night.

>Korekiyo
>quiet
He literally muses about cutting off his tongue and crushing children's skulls out loud

I think Kokichi is a good way to demonstrate that lying is at it's root a morally neutral act. He's noted as being the personification of a lie and is constantly bouncing back and forth between helping and hurting.

Are there any smart characters in Danganronpa aside from the investigation partners?

Kill the ball creature and frame shuichi for it.

I love my darling husband, lil shinguji vert.

I've got to agree with you on the whole initially expected to dislike keebo bit. I think he's cute. Hoshi is another one I expected to dislike (not a fan of the gag-art style characters) but was also really laid back and cool.

Maki was just lukewarm to me. Tenko kinda got annoying with the whole Himiko shtick, but I liked her otherwise.

>I think Kokichi

Hard pass on the rest of your post

>waifu
>of choice
?

Ouma is just a male version of Ruruka. Prove me wrong.

The end of the game goes into how fiction, which is fundamentally lies, can impact reality in meaningful ways, and it does go a bit into how comforting lies can help people cope with difficult situations.

I'm glad it isn't LIES BAD TRUTH GOOD, at least.

No, I'm not that much of a brainlet
Not that the game even tried to do that, compared to, say, Umineko. Erica did nothing wrong by the way, the witches can go fuck themselves with their "magic"

Hmm, maybe I used the wrong word. I liked gundham a lot because the things he said were so ridiculous, it ended up being cute. Korekiyo's dialogue is a lot creepier, which doesn't make him a bad character at all, he's just not the type of character I usually tend to connect with.

Ruruka is kinda cute and at least 1 person loved her

Well, if you're not counting killing game utility, there Chihiro, Seiko, Ishimaru, Tengan and many others.
He is nowhere disliked as her, which is proof tits won't save you from judgement.

Trick ending best ending.

He was able to think about something other than himself when it came to the end of his life and had anger at the situation itself instead of zeroing in his hate on the people in it.

Gundam is cool because he's a chuuni and a good guy under his layers of chuuni. Korekiyo is just a one dimensional piece of shit who's exactly like he looks and sounds.

Hi guys

>Erica did nothing wrong
Yeah go fuck yourself.

fuck cotoco

Rip

I love her stinky sister!

Hoshi, Kirumi, and Chihiro seemed smart but they didn't survive very long.

Angie is one of those characters who seemed deceptively intelligent. The way the manipulated her cult seemed very calculated. She didn't side with the player most of the time, but she seemed like she was intelligent. More so than she lets on, at least.

God I wish they had done more with her character.

mukuro's wig falls off early when she bends down while she struggles to explain herself

What's the point of this post? Was the original image too subtle for you?

For all the shit people give DR, demonstrating how grey the world can be has always been one of it's strong suits.
Yes we get someone like Junko who is as wacky "I AM BAD" as it gets, but a lot of the culprits for killing games have at the very least understandable motivations if not out right noble ones like Kirumi and it constantly blends the sensation of hate for them killing a friend along with the sadness of losing them as a well.

Have you tried reading a book or watching a movie that wasn't made by Michael Bay?

MONACA~!!! has seen things you people wouldn't believe!

>they wanted a blonde model, but I ain't painting my hair over some photoshoot

So, if we still had Kaede as a protagonist, would Shuichi still live or die after Chapter 1?

Honestly I'm disappointed the theory I had of DRv3 basically being a trial in order to tough of the new generation of ultimate in order to be ready for Junk 3.0 wasn't the answer.

I was so sure of the theory that I was absolutely convinced Keebo's inner voice was an adult Makoto

mfw pickleposter is evolving

She didn't realize two of her cult members were faking it

One actively betrayed the group (which ANgie only realized when it was too late) and one only joined up because it'd be fun so why not

I don't think you'd make a very good Joi

Well, given its fiction, you can rewrite it anyway you want it, just like 40k.

On that note
Why the fuck didn't anyone try to kill the Detective who was solving all the trials?

>I'm gonna spend the rest of my life pretending my parents didn't kill the rest of my family because pretending bad stuff doesn't exist is an old Japanese custom
>I'm a mental midget and can't accept the fact that my parents loved me but were greedy bastards at the same time
>I'm a fucking Peter Pan and refuse to grow up
Battler sure did a good job on Angie, I must say

I ask myself this question everyday.
Why did no one try to kill Kirigiri earlier, or Saihara for that matter?
Why did no one kill Hinata when it became clear he was a leading force behind trials?