/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #986 - That's deep man edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/trophies/6774-sonic-forces
dualshockers.com/sonic-forces-nintendo-switch-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=DEuegW5YCWU&t=405s
youtube.com/watch?v=AN6QbTNSZ9g
youtube.com/watch?v=1msDS1Qjw3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shadow > Sonic.

I legit hope Forces make Shadow/Rouge canon
Still , Forces trophy leak for people that didn't see them
psnprofiles.com/trophies/6774-sonic-forces

Name a romance more forced than this.

*Sleepy time*

What does that mean? Escapism?

Any Tails paring, really.

This is certainly an... "Interesting" modern design for Eggette.

Was thinking of using this for the OP for some Serene dawn of a new day posting but it's a bit bland right?

You make your own paradise.

No, that looks nice. If only it was 1080p.

This came completely out of no where right?

Poor guy

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

How would you react if your oc gets a super form

Yeah

A lot of it is SS obvious self inserts

>Tails' mother is outright abusive and neglectful towards him.
>Plant waifu dies
>Robot waifu dies
>Childhood crush turns into a cunt and bitch slaps him among other things.
>Future-retconned self is doomed to date used goods
>Asian fox waifu finally shows him some genuine romantic interest before being retconned.

I honestly feel bad for Tails' track record with the opposite gender the only time it was more than "completely fucked" was with Zoey and that version of Tails is meant for comedy relief anyway.

Pour fox.

Sonamy.

I'm just kidding. All shipping is forced.

>Bonds of Friendship
So is this just REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK thing or maybe implying Infinite turns good after being defeated?

DESU, I prefer this design.

dualshockers.com/sonic-forces-nintendo-switch-interview/
>Tokunaga-san then provided some precise figures about resolution and frame rate on Switch. While PS4 and Xbox One run the game targeting 60 FPS, the Switch hardware can’t support that with this specific title, so the development team adopted an interesting solution: while the graphics run at 30 frames per second, the controls run at 60. This ensures that the way the player interacts with the game feels good, sharp and smooth, and isn’t undermined by the hardware’s capabilities. The team worked very hard to make the best of what the Switch can offer. As for resolution, it’ll be 720p in all modes.
what

Are you the same guy who said this on the /co/ thread?
If you can't see there's some substance to a Knuckles and Rouge in SA2 then I don't know what to say about you user.

I do too.

Is that what... damage control is?

I don't know, I have never in my life heard of someone saying that the "game runs at 30, controls run at 60."
Also they could at least try to give some visual boost the docked mode like other games have lately, hell 900p would be nice.

Well at least the game isn't in a completely broken state anymore, right?

Wait I just read this again
>While the graphics run at 30 frames per second, the controls run at 60.
What, i'm more confused each time I read this.

Actually this article says nothing about the performance of Switch because of this comment
>Even around the time of E3, the development team wasn’t yet sure if they’d make it in time. In the end, it’s all thanks to the use of a proprietary engine and to having full control of it, that they managed to really polish the game for the Switch during the final stages of development.
Unless the E3 build was just a buggy mess compared to the more recent builds I'm just going to call bull.

Damn, not as efficient as I thought it'd turn out to be.

>I do understand your confusion though. I guess I should try to make the the intent and tone of my posts more obvious.
Ah see I figured as much, but I've presumed before and its just lead to arguments by believing people have good intentions. Man that sounds so fucking stupid to actually type out jfc

>This has to be one of the most volatile places when it comes to ships.
Seriously. I mean holy shit, it's to the point where people will reply to my pics sometimes because they refuse to acknowledge these characters are even fucking friends. They're not even allowed to be just that to some people. It's insane
I'm used to it by this point and I don't care that much but I hope you can try and put yourself in my shoes

>Honestly I appreciate you saying that. Because the reason I think I took this shipping shit so seriously in the first place is because, as a Sonazefag and a Blazefag, I feel like I'm constantly shit on because of the asshole behavior of a few bad apples. It's getting better now but it felt pretty brutal for a while. So to see you say stuff like it's "in bad taste to shit on one or the other" and that "we're all friends here" feels nice
Well it's the truth. Sonaze isnt a ship I'm in to but I won't shit on it nor support others doing so. I understand where people who like it are coming from, so I hope you can share the same viewpoint when it comes to Silvaze. There's shipbait for Sonaze but there is also shipbait for Silvaze too. It really is a matter of personal taste, like I said I don't think anyone is wrong or right. (It almost feels like a case similar to Shadouge and Knouge desu)
At the very least I hope you can just like your ship without putting even their friendship down. You don't have to ship them at all, maybe just view them as good friends or bro/sis and nothing more. I mean as a Blazefag I'm sure you can appreciate that Blaze probably wouldn't like it very much if you shit-talked someone she cared about like that lol

Good night user

not bad. need to make the front of the 4 thicker

>"Stay tunned"
>Confirmed
oh boy , just like "We're in talks" before they announce the cancelation of Archie comics

He realizes the good side has all of the cute girls.

What are the guys options anymore? Cream I suppose, Wave if they ever used her.

Boom Tails made off like a bandit though, even other girls like him too.

No, I'm not. I haven't been to /co/ in over a month. Shipping is for faggots who read too deep into things, and it can get to retarded levels of reaching. Two characters looking at each other or standing near each other is grounds for a ship for fucks sake.

The arm positions look silly.

>trophy list leaks
>daily missions
>sos missions
>races

>Medal Collecting is back

>Medal Collection is back

>daily missions
Please tell me that they are referring to in-game days.

>Silver Moon Rings
>Number Rings
Zavok's got a trophy, but Metal, Chaos and Shadow don't, this is peculiar.

Zavok might straight up be more involved than the other two.

>Can't decide to either get the Switch version or the PS4 version.

Secret and EX Stages are also mentioned, those might be interesting.
I highly doubt it.
I'll take it, more Nakata is always good.

I'm getting the PC version and Switch version
At the very least it will be a fun handheld version, at its best it will bring back the feeling of enjoyment I had playing Sonic Rush.
I will never relive that feeling

Getting PS4 version to go with Mania

Zavok might be the only one that's real

We don't know if infinite corrupts people or just creates illusions. If its the latter then you might not get much of a fight

Well we know that Metal Sonic is a Tag team fight so maybe only main bosses are fight by one character

No matter what I do to the Puyo graphics they refuse to change. This is actually bothering the hell out of me.

maybe there's a different set of puyos? did you check to see if the ones in chemical plant boss changed?

My assumption is that a handful of boss fights are the major story turn points, and the rest are more akin to rival fights in that they sort of happen along the way. After all, the Egg Dragoon fight seems early game and doesn't match up with the order of the trophies whatsoever unless this game is really fucking disjointed.

I checked those sets and no Puyo sprites there. The only mod i've seen successfully replace the puyos seems to of done so via altered .bin files specifically.

So lads, I wasn't around for the stream/info dump thing. Anyone can give me a run down of the news?

Sonic is cancelled.

well why not use that method then since it's successful at doing what you want?

>rival fights again
I'll be disappointed if they do turn out like that again.

>Ian Flynn is back as lead writer
>Tyson Hesse will be working on art for the comic
>Issues 1-4 will be released every wednesday starting April 4 2018. After that the comic will move to monthly release cycle.
>Crossovers were asked. It will be a while. Maybe a year. They want to get the current series established first.
>Previous writers coming back? “There may or may not be some creators you know and love”.
>SEGA does impose certain “restrictions” on the characters, but the comics allow for the freedom to do things they can’t do in the games. Primary job is to “tell the best stories possible”.
>The Freedom Fighters returning? “Stay tuned”. They’re aware of the demand, though.
>The comics will start completely fresh with issue #1.
>“We’re specifically making this world built in a world IDW controls separate from the games”. Aaron is at the event. He added more to say there might be occasional tie-in with a game, but stay tuned.
>They made a big deal about the comics being a fresh start with characters and they’re telling brand new stories. It was their answer to multiple questions.
>Modern Sonic is the focus. No multiple versions of Sonic running around, including Classic Sonic.
>SEGA’s restrictions are not that high. They just want to make sure that they do things properly without jumping the shark.
>IDW’s thoughts on Sonic the Comic: “For now, we really want to establish a new Sonic comic. Our focus is on something new and exciting.”

>Aaron says that “things happened” on why the Archie era story arc suddenly stopped the way they did, but he says that sometimes these kinds of things happen. “There are reasons – trust us. I wish we could go into more detail. It’s tough for us too.”
>Will IDW have its own Sonic Universe? “We’re taking nothing off the table, but we’re focusing on the brand-new series right now.”
>They may create some original characters.
>“How many of you would want to see a Sonic Forces comic?” Crowd cheers. “Good to know, we’ll pass that on.”
>There was a question about backstory on the characters in Sonic Forces. Aaron’s answer: “wait and see”.
>Open to audience reaction: how would original IDW characters factor into the stories? TONS of support for annoying sidekicks.
>Creative process for the comics? “Ian has an incredible imagination – he could write these comics forever.”
>Apparently Ian had his pitches ready for IDW immediately.
>“We can use anything from the games.”
>Ken Penders was brought up, asked if he was behind this. Only answer? “I don’t know who that is”.
>There will be new artists. Wait and see.

now in convenient posting form

But what if I only ship because this series has a lot of cute looking characters & I think some look really cute togethe?

No dice. It seems either it's due to version differences in my game since I stuck with the sept. 6th version for most modding support, or something REALLY fucky is going on with the puyos.

damn that sucks

What are Sonic's legs made out of?

rubberhose

Flesh.

a million screaming micro-hedgehogs

>fake nose

Trash.

You are a lovely person, user. Bless you.

So what I'm getting from this is that this is going to literally just be part of their MLP-esque comics where the universe resets at the end of every arc essentially because this is exactly how they reacted when they announced that they were making MLP comics.

And as someone who used to read them, that kind of format gets really old really,
really fast.

You're thinking of status quo. Most cartoons and comedy series do that sort of thing. Sonic Boom also did it, besides the rare linked episodes.

I doubt they'd make Sonic go back to status quo on average per arc after years of showing otherwise in the comics.

fast

It means the game will be looking for input 60 times every second despite only rendering input 30 times every second, I'd guess. If you wanna know what it is like just look for a game you can run at a faster framerate than your screen's refresh rate.

Honestly I wouldn't mind having a lite status quo.

I could easily see a Sonic Comic doing well if it were to just take Sonic and Tails and maybe Knuckles traveling the world trying to stop Eggman with one of their friends or rivals every arc.

Spoiler your posts next, this is a NICE thread, no rudeness allowed.

How is his post rude?

Well I can imagine them starting simple. Establish the main 4 plus Eggman, do a little world building, but have Eggman get stopped with various plans along the way that try to build towards some basic and broad world domination scheme.

Once you've set the grounds with the initial portrayals so newcomers get the gist and fans get back into the swing of things (likely why the first four issues are weekly), pull back the curtains a little and work with your building blocks to start growing slowly but surely from there.

Some people might just prefer not reading it.

I think it was just Shadow the Hedgehog, something with that game completting the adventure arc, and then inmediatly followed by 06 that made them drop that.

They're just two big dicks that he stuffs into shoes, he has no feet.

Then they should ignore it and move on.

But then they would have already read it.

From the previous thread regarding Jen's tweets: this basically confirms the tweet was/is real. I'd like to know what 'context' she means.

youtube.com/watch?v=DEuegW5YCWU&t=405s
I wonder how they are making this version.
I know Nintendo and Bethesda make Switch games by starting in portable mode and working up, I kinda expect it to be the opposite for Sega.

youtube.com/watch?v=AN6QbTNSZ9g

My point is that people are going to see things they don't want to, and it can't always be avoided.

Chances are, there was probably some other tweets that showed that it wasn't serious. I guess we'll see

I saw that, what a bunch of whiny faggots you guys are. We say worst shit than that daily here about the artists.

>>Tyson Hesse will be working on art for the comic
He's only working on covers

>those fucking massive frame drops
Is it me or does Sonic's movement also look more sluggish than previous games when moving slowly / jumping around slowly? 30 FPS with 60 FPS response or not, that kinda looks like ass.

>We say worst shit than that daily here about the artists
I don't talk shit about ABT, Heese & the others. I love their work. Besides, while some do say way worse shit, JenHen was a co-worker with them & Heese himself seems like a nice guy.

All this really says is that Sega didn't know what to expect, not much about how they went about dealing with two modes.
Some people claim Sonic has weird speed boosts at random and his turning is different, one thing for sure is that there is no more dedicated drifting button, its automatic.

Getting your dick sucked is SUPER RAD, but if someone does it without your consent that's NO good!

maybe I'm not autistic enough but I see no difference

It's just common courtesy to spoiler posts about leaks and stuff of such nature.

Its subtle, theres no DOF on switch which to some is a good thing, the texture on the Eggmobile light on the bottom is lower res, and his glove seam is lower res but some how manages to make it look like his gloves are wrinkled which looks nice.
The differences aren't night and day like people on Sonic Stadium would have you think, if you look you will find stuff but other wise its just Forces paired back for mobile hardware.
youtube.com/watch?v=1msDS1Qjw3A

It's hard to notice the differences for most of the things, but comparing the gloves is one large giveaway; most of the lining is entirely gone or blurred up. There's also no depth of field on Switch, so the background is of a very different detail between versions.

Thank you, that's a sensible argument. This guy was just being pointlessly prissy.

I've been here for years and while I've seen some artists get ripped, I can't ever say that it's been undeserved. Generally it'll either be for their work being objectively awful (mainly fan-artists such as Marthedog), or for their attitude about the job (Penders/Jen). In both of the mentioned cases the people in question have been known to either explicitly or covertly slam, bash and slander the work of their fellow writers/artists.

I can think of a few times where collectively the general has scared off some decent artists, but for the most part we've been pretty accepting and open of the comic crew.

Artist drama is a dumb thing to discuss, but what possible "context" could there be for effectively calling a piece by another artist "toilet paper"?
Unless she was, like, gushing at the sight of it.

PLANET WISP

Wait, what the fuck
Towards the end of the level when Sonic's running but not at full tilt from a dash panel, what's with that running animation? Are they just not holding the stick all the way, or does his just-below-top-speed animation look dumb now?

Sonic's top speed varies from 2D to 3D, thats his top non boosting speed on a flat surface in 2D mode.

I can't believe there's three Sonic games this year.

Even then, most of the time it's just one or two shitposters with a hate boner for certain artists.