/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 9th of October:
768 – Carloman I and Charlemagne are crowned kings of the Franks.
1264 – The Kingdom of Castile conquers the city of Jerez, which had been under Muslim occupation since 711.
1834 – Opening of the Dublin and Kingstown Railway, the first public railway on the island of Ireland.
1854 – Crimean War: The siege of Sebastopol begins.
1914 – World War I: Siege of Antwerp: Antwerp, Belgium falls to German troops.
1934 – Regicide at Marseille: The assassination of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia and Louis Barthou, Foreign Minister of France.
1940 – World War II: Battle of Britain: During a night-time air raid by the German Luftwaffe, St. Paul's Cathedral in London is hit by a bomb.
1950 – Goyang Geumjeong Cave massacre started.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 09/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1049555

EU4 DD 03/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1048573

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

First!

Reminder to ignore and report shitposting.

So pop numbers are based on development?

They ARE the nation's development, just renamed and with modifiers/mechanics around them to make them feel like pops

BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Ujjjjjjjjjjjjjkkiioooo

So a smokescreen to fool people?

In a way, yes. I wouldn't say that tho because they're not trying to be another V2 but rather improve the vanilla's development mechanic which is complete mana-based trash

In short, if you want to play pops go play V2, if you want to play EU4 then don't play vanilla

With big conversion mods, does the AI know how to take advantage of the new stuff?

It's much more sensible for those numbers to represent the population of a province (and the "development" to be the number of buildings/infrastructure built) than to be abstract "development".

Much of M&T is bloaty, but that system isn't really....it's just an improvement.

When will this fucking shit end, Czechoslovakia and Austria won't stop rebelling.

Partially, for example dictatorships in CWE really need to not max educate people, however at the same time AI knows how to use nukes and even make use of currency manipulation.

Will Stellaris ever get modded into being as good as Distant Worlds?

Eh, Stellaris is okay.

>Partially

sticking to vanilla then. adding features that you can't code the AI to use is trash tier programming

Why are they so evil lads?

feels shallow as fuck, and the dlcs are a joke with almost no features

>With big conversion mods, does the AI know how to take advantage of the new stuff?
If you're talking about M&T then I'm specifically trying to do exactly that with my submod (G&T) to it, which recently removed the forced Idea railroad and let the AI pick the modified ideas based on dynamic conditions of the campaign

Take this Georgia for an example, they're sandwitched between 3 large nations so they picked Leadership ideas (which gives them very good generals and basically counters quantity in a way), Diplomacy to hopefully stay in good relations and get alliances, and Fortification due to how powerful the forts become from it (which is again a counter to quantity), along with the fuckton of mountain provinces which give a huge defense bonus to forts. In vanilla M&T they'd just pick whatever dumb ideas they had hardcoded them to pick

I'm currently trying to further refine and improve this mechanic and will probably be the main thing I'll be focusing on until the AI has a close to flawless decision making process regarding ideas

Dictatorships mass educating people also happens in vanilla.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I seriously play vanilla with common sense off just to get rid of the development/mana system.

It is shallow compared to older paradox games, but it's not a bad 4x. Not great, but is okay.

>dlc

Well ya, it's paradox. Plus, a lotta games dlc means, like, a new hat for one unit.

I swear +80% of the pictures you've posted so far have Madacascar requesting an alliance.

>it's paradox

Nah. I'm not talking about "Music Pack #124". The latest Stellaris DLC was literally "You can play as robots now - that's it."

No content dlc for any other paradox game (I'm talking stuff like Mandate of Heaven, Reaper's Due, etc) had that little content.

Also I stopped my rebel problem for now but now California's at it, it's probably due to the incoming Y2K.

I eventually accepted.

Is Czechoslovakia going to be my Vietnam/Iraq? Also cue montage of US flag getting removed and replaced with the Soviet one as 2000 arrives.

The start of the New Russian Century.

Do it Putin.
Dismantle the Commonwealth.

Idea is that the development/population can fluctuate much more dynamically. in EU4 you can have Paris as perpetual battleground but the development will not suffer any permanent penalties unless at least one of the belligerents is steppe nomad who have exclusive right to razing provinces. The contrary example is that you can make Ireland world's leading superpower but your capital will stay as 10 or less development unless you manually spend mana on it. In M&T Paris should suffer province trauma that reduces population and I depletes province wealth while Irish capital would at least in theory by able to grow into largest city in Europe. I've seen someone post screenshots where they had made Cyprus into main tradenode of entire Mediterranean. (centers of trade are dynamical as well, estuaries and natural harbors are static modifiers but the latter at least are more numerous compared to static vanilla CoTs)

HOI 3 mixed with some darkest hour with HOI 4 visuals would be perfect y/n?

Just give me an autistic depth of the combat mechanics like oob/terrain/tactics/equipment and I'm sold

Just genocide the C*echs

I did an all nighter to reset my sleep schedule and then when I finally let myself go to sleep I only slept for 6 hours and it was 1 am so I took a swig of robitussin and it knocked me out for 9 more fucking hours and now later tonight what am I gonna do? The whole point was to get my sleep schedule set by there's no way in gonna get to sleep at a good time tonight. Fucking bullshit.

ERIN GO BRAGH

BUT NOW WE HAVE A WEAPON WE'VE NEVER USED BEFORE
THE BRITS ARE LOOKING WORRIED
AND THEY'RE GOING TO WORRY MORE!

TIOCFAIDH ÁR LÁ
SING UP THE RA!
OOH AH UP THE RA, I SAID OOH AH UP THE RA!

what kind of a joke mod is this

>UN is headquartered in Japan
>its 3rd GP after USSR and CSA

Have I created 80s cyberpunk movies?

What should I do to the Saudis? And on that note, what about Turkey and Iran? They're without allies, though Turkey is like 5th ranked military of the world.

Place your bets, bearing in mind Germany has already lost to France and Russia once in this game.

nuke turkey

Annex the entire middle East directly as SSRs.

I was thinking of something more aesthetic, like this. Puppet everything else, but maybe have a Kurdistan and a Greater NazBol Syria as with that one flag that user requested.

How do I get prestige quickly? I'm playing as a Patrician and I'm trying to bump up my vote score to become Doge.

>Soviet Tsargrad
Negro e retardo
Soviets would never do that Jesus Christ

What happened to companymod?

>no release date still on Jade Dragon
What's Paradox's end game?

Because the Ouchi clan, long-time holders of privilege to Chinese trade, were destroyed around the start of 15th century and the Ming government refused to recognize new holders of traditional trade port of Yamaguchi, Japanese-Chinese trade became practically nonexistent and the former now had to resort to piracy, bringing much destruction to the chinese coast, which prompted China to develop own navy to stop the rampaging pirates.

Having been denied chinese goods twice, Imperial government, with cooperation of Kyushu notables (de facto pirate leaders), devised a plan of proxy trade through Sultanate of Bengal, major trade partner of China.

Thus began the Western Expedition with goals set clear: negotiate a deal with rulers of Bengal and to explore land further west - as the Ganges estuary was the corner of the known world in Japan. In 1439, a small force of 3,000 troops led by Prince Kotohito landed in Barisal, East Bengal, and soon met the local governor, who arranged for the meeting with Sultan. Trade negotiations brought mixed result: original scheme of proxy trade was rejected, but Japanese merchants were allowed into whole of Bengal with lowered tariffs.

During the spring of 1441, Hindus of Orissa moved north into domains of Sultan. Unwilling to be seriously involved in the war, Prince Kotohito ordered his troops to move west by Ganges river, but were attacked by Orissan troops, who thought them allies of Sultan. The battle of Baghalpur was not supposed to be
a major one, but fierce resistance of Japanese troops gave enough time for Sultan, who, six hours later, arrived on the battlefield and Hindus were decisively crushed.

The expedition soon left Bengal after a joint victory ceremony, and crossed the border into another Sultanate - Jaunpur.

Nice thumbnail, fag.

lol

Azerbaijan puppet rebelled, time to put it down and remove isl*m.

Wouldn't they just call it Marxgrad?

god fucking damned I hate steam overlay
however, there wasn't anything important on this cap

anyone here played AGEOD's To End all Wars?
How is it? Is it a good WW1 simulation?

>gee, I want to find some information, let's go to the Paradox forum
>surely they're not so b---

This is based as fuck

also is WW1 mod for HoI 3 any good?
I just want a comfy game with trench systems where you need to break a deadlock.
I've played Darkest Hour to death and I want something new

the fact that you can only either agree with the posters or respect them didnt give you a hint?

Can ANYBODY make a Steambonk mod already?
Vicky is literally the perfect game for it.

>play ck2
>turn matrilinial marrage off
>AI still has the (((would prefer a matriliniear marrage))) opinion modifier
Am I doing something wrong?

COME OUT YA BLACK AND TANS

The (((Anglo))) warped the minds of the UN!

pls respond

They will not stop our resolve for our counties we deserve!

>tfw want to play CWE but am too afraid of fucking up my country's economy with bad chains to start

Poster is correct though,woman-disguised-as-man is far more historically accurate than bear-disguised-as-man.

For all the roleplaying in CK2, I don't see the harm of a pretend-to-be-man option.

Matrilineal marriage, on or off?

Now that the dust has settled, what's your opinon on shattered retread in ck2?

on unless you're a sexist

It makes wars longer and more tedious, that's all.

I bet you play with pacts off too. Epic blobbing.

It's historically inaccurate, but not as nonsensical as it seems considering you're playing as a surname rather than a nation/state/culture/whatever.

In the time no son would have taken his mothers dynasty, but more to the point, when you die you don't magically become your son. It's a nonsense that triggers /gsg/, but it makes sense for the pretense of the game.

the whole point of a game is for it to be fun

shattered retreat and pacts are not fun, so get fucked

Am I shadowbanned?

no, we just dont care for steambonk

wow what the fuck is wrong with you

which has the better soundtrack, Endless Spezz 2, or Stellaris?

The merchant fleet departed from the Bengal as troops entered Jaunpur. Because this state was at war with central indian Hindus, as explained by locals in small but big enough to house Chinese-speaking merchants town of Siwan, expedition leadership decided to leave Jaunpur as soon as possible, because they had no intention to fight someone else's war again. Week later, they passed and mapped the city of Jaunpur itself, and left further west, into area referred by locals as Multan.

This land, dominated by river Ind, was notoriously peaceful, compared to what expedition member saw in Jaunpur and Bengal. Although peaceful, the land was deemed extremely uncivilized in official documents, after the leaders saw group of locals defecate into Ind, which was at the same time their primary source of water. On March 12 of 1442, after negotiations with city guard, the expedition entered Multan, the capital of Sultanate that ruled the area. It was noted that despite upper class of India referred to themselves 'muslim', absolute majority were 'hindus' and were treated like human trash, (but rigthly so, decided Prince).

Sultan welcomed Prince and his generals, mostly of Shimazu clan (who were primary suppliers to the expedition, being foremost intrested in trade; they were one of the few survivng shugo families after the victory of Southern court and execution of Ashikaga Takauji in 1360). Besides usual talk on geographical maters the expedition did on their way (as Prince soon learned, muslim rulers tended to be if not scholars, sufficiently learned in non-governmental matters), mutual
diplomatic recognition was negotiated, and further talks were underway, but disaster struck: for some reason, troops attacked merchant section of the city, massacring everyone in vicinity.

AARnon, you around?

I can now form the Netherlands, as Flanders, in 1390. Should I do it Y/N?

We just won against England and took back Calais as well as transferring their trade power to us in the Channel.

RIP

why would you not? you get cores for cheap and easy expansion

Does that user that gave the KKK flag over have one for a more democratic but modern CSA? I figure this one would be more Ron Paul, full state's rights etc.

Flanderian pride

How the hell did the CSA pop up?

Fuck it, I went for it.

Instead of United Provinces flag it's the standard lion of the Belgian countries, is this intended or also what happens if the Dutch do it?

I want to make sure this is a Flemish Netherlands.

Later that day, the matter was solved: the soldiers went after traders because their meat supply bought day before from local merchants, presumably high quality because of high price, was in fact rotten with maggots and they wanted compensation. The merchants refused, stating they will not refund anything, and were thus attacked, massacred, their homes looted.

Normally such situation would lead to war, but friendship Sultan and Prince developed over the year the latter spent in the palace helped to reduce this to a mere diplomatic incident. As explained by Sultan, such trickery by those merchants was not unusual, as they thought lowly of infidels and were highly infamous, but their wealth and business conenctions prompted governments to protect them from what just happened. Locals welcomed the massacre of traders: they hated them with passion and Japanese troops, soon ordered to leave the city, let the locals take from merchants' homes what they could.

In such conditions, it was decided that delegation would donate to the merchant community through mediation of Sultan as a matter of reconcillation. But it was made clear that any kind of militry presence was not welcome anymore in the Multan.

Leaders first wanted to go north-west, but were convinced to go along the coast, due to supposed extreme hostility of Pashtun tribes that inhabited Afghanistan area, notorious for being constantly disputed by third partied, more often in a military way than not.

Thus it was decided to first reach the Ind estuary, and then go west by the coast.

There is no god but Historical Accuracy and HPM is the messenger of God.

based

USA collapsed, CSA got cores over the old USA and took it over.

>USA collapsed, CSA got cores over the old USA and took it over.
WEW

There's like a gorillion Serbian states here. You got Krajova which wants into the EU, Republic Srpska which is most of Bosnia and is a conservative republic, Yugoslavia obviously, and the Balkan Union which has cores all over the Balkans but only owns two provinces.

you must help the Balkan Union retake the whole of the region

did someone say flemish netherlands?

>cultural genocide
disgusting

I have GROSS plans for this Flanderiums Netherlandiums........GROSS plans.......

>protestant
ruined

the culture changes by itself after a while
i swear

you think you know gross young man
you wouldn't know gross if it hit you in the face
GB is in personal union dont worry senpai

>no japanese trading post
ruined

very nice, hope i can match it, but i don't want to get england or someone to do my fighting for me so maybe it'd be a bit smaller

for fucks sake being world policeman is hard work

It's like two provinces... against a shitload of loyal puppets that have never ever even see a Jacobin unlike the Cz*chs. If I was to make it happen, it'd be Bulgaria and Yugoslavia merging into it. Romania too I guess.

it keeps happening