/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Always on Time Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /mk8g/, /arms/

>Important News
「!」Pokémon Sun/Moon Marshadow distribution trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=4NZ_fiWbTcU
「!」Squareboy vs Bullies: Arena Edition hitting Switch on Thursday: nintendoeverything.com/squareboy-vs-bullies-arena-edition-hitt
「!」Fire Emblem Warriors - Quality vs. Performance Mode comparison: youtube.com/watch?v=xICxmB1wGng
「!」Oceanhorn demo coming to Switch on October 12th: twitter.com/FDG_Games/status/917330745512820736
「!」Mantis Burn Racing footage: youtube.com/watch?v=L0oR7SMjOdk
「!」Dragon Quest XI for Switch is developed in UE4: gematsu.com/2017/10/dragon-quest-xi-switch-developed-unreal
「!」Splatoon 2 – unofficial 1.4.0 patch notes: nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-unofficial-patch-notes-for-version-1-4-0/
「!」Super Putty Squad coming to Switch: nintendoeverything.com/super-putty-squad-coming-to-switch/
「!」LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 – NYCC footage: youtube.com/watch?v=_ubYNCHZfxw
「!」Super Mario Odyssey – list of amiibo that can be scanned for outfits: nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-odyssey-amiibo-that-can-be-scanned-for-outfits/

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>3DS Model Comparisons
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/amiibo-igcc-12.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/miyamoto_was_worried_how_players_would_react_to_mario_odysseys_new_donk_city
youtube.com/watch?v=-tS6GWNsoZs
youtu.be/Z6BeAtdoELY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hi

Luke should be the new protagonist of the Professor Layton series.
Fuck the new bitch

New Splatfest soon, vampires vs werewolves. Have you picked your side already?

Nope, and both sides are cancer so it'll be a tough choice

tfw no creature from the black lagoon side

PAGE 10 RETARDS

this game is stupid good, honestly

I'm torn between buying it or Stardew Valley.

Jacob > Edward

Thinking about getting Disgaea 5, how much did you guys enjoy it?

Duh. Vampires all day (except in daylight). Also if anyone likes vamps you should check out The Strain on FX.

I picked vampires, but probably would have picked werewolves if that was what Pearl was backing.

So what has been released in the past two months for Switch?

You fucking nigger tag /wug/

More like /whog/

Pretty racist against our ancestors man

>tfw skipped over the dunny roll one

>fuck the new bitch
yes please!

In its last moments, /wug/ was only Gor and babt.

Multiplats.

Tag /wug/ and remove the discord link.

And in Nintendo's last moments it will be only jap shit players playing splatoon 2. I dont get your point.

>i got banned from discord wah wah
cry more bitch

Before you can rush out with multiplat shit month after month, you need to have a stable game base on a good console. Nintendo has neither.

im thinking about buying a switch to play botw
but im pretty out of the loop when it comes to what good worth it games are out or coming very soon
didnt a new metroid just come out? or was that 3ds

tdlr sell me on a switch

Did you own a WiiU?

yeah but i kinda just want a switch for botw instead of getting it for wiiu

Welp, Splatoon 2 and MK8D are out then I guess.

i-is that it?

does the online store have anything good on it?
like good indie cross platforms like binding of isaac and meat boy?

>Superbeat Xonic
>Mario Odyssey
>Xenoblade 2

AAA physical:
>Arms (kinda mixed reception now that it's not the only non-BotW AAA)
>Splatoon 2
>Mario + Rabbids (sleeper hit that you should check out regardless of your feeling about aesthetic)
>MK8D (if you didn't have it on Wii U or are into the online competition enough to buy it again)

there's TONS of shit to play on Switch though. the big consensus hits are
>Stardew Valley
>Golf Story
>Axiom Verge
>Picross S
>Steamworld Dig 2
>Shovel Knight
>Cave Story+

and
>Sonic Mania
>Retro City Rampage DX
>Sine Mora EX

ah thanks for the info!
ill really have to think about it
i did buy a ps4 for bloodborne tho
(i play on PC most of the time)

isaac yes, meatboy not yet, Arms (physical) is good, Picross S, Stardew Valley, Kamiko, Disgae 5 Complete (physical), Puyo Puyo Tetris (physical).

in the next six weeks you also get Mario, LA Noire, and Skyrim. i have a massive indie game backlog that i'm having a hard time finishing in time for mario to come out, not to mention that if you start BotW now you won't be able to put it down until next month anyway

if you dont have a phone with nfc, would it be cheaper to get premade cards rather than buying an arduino+nfc reader?

forgot to remove my name
oh well

>paying to pirate

Phones can't write NFC data fyi.

>Phones can't write NFC

What? If they could there would be an amiibo app...

Looking at that FEW comparison was like night and day.
I don't see why anyone would pick "quality" mode. It looks like a complete slog.

AYYYY

-spd +def lancina

+SPD -RES ON BOTH AXURA AND RYOMA
GONE ARE THE DAYS OF USING MY POVERTY NEUTRAL +3 RYOMA

Does an offensive arena score formula exist? The reddit threads are all wrong.

Without it trade-offs are all speculation. For example BLyn has a shitton of high SP cost exclusive skills but has really low BST, versus my 4*+10 shiteating Donnel. I don't know which to use or anything in between to max arena and assault score.

I enjoyed it a lot, but I suggest you start from 1. The series gets better with every entry and starting from 5 will sour it for you.

BAITED

This is now a FEG thread

>Toilet bowl
Literal shit taste

YES

Over my dead body.
This is now a Chibi Robo general.

i want the dragon dick

It's really clunky but I like using arena assault to gauge aboout how many points on average a team will score. You can queue a match and back out without consequence as many times as you like on match 1.

i hate these fat armor units who can only move 1 space a turn

Best NDS games according to (You)?

Warioware Touched

The World Ends With (You)

seconding twewy

Cave story is trash.

>1 new game which is essentially Mario dlc
>2 ports
fucking bullshit

What would make you consider it DLC?
What game would it be "DLC" for?

The Golf part definitely is way more fun than it has any right to be. The RPG stuff less so.

Meteos.

Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja

Mario maker, its grade a trash.

Google says it all

But I'll continue. Mario took a page out of Sonic's book. Hes in new donk city looking for a woman.

And they took a play out of Xenoblades book by using completely static and soul-less people filling the city.

nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/miyamoto_was_worried_how_players_would_react_to_mario_odysseys_new_donk_city

>I was worried about how players would react to being in a world where Mario is this tall and normal people are a little bit taller. Or the fact that people don’t get mad at Mario when he’s jumping up and down all over the place

>Digital Foundry’s analysis, which can be watched in full below, reveals that Super Mario Odyssey runs at 900p, 60 FPS in docked mode, and at 720p, 60 FPS in handheld mode. While playing in docked mode, the game benefits from improved bloom, LOD, shadows and draw distance.
Not even 1080p, yeah that's going to look like anus on my 4k TV. Good job cutting budget on hardware.

>Not even 1080p, yeah that's going to look like anus on my 4k TV. Good job cutting budget on hardware.
4k is a meme

>he actually bought a 4k TV

How's the new Metroid? It seemed to be based on Super Metroid when I saw the map mode in a couple of videos.

Isn't WiiU less than 1080 as well? Games don't look that bad at all on a 4k TV unless you are super close. I recline on a sofa while playing, 10ft away.

4 u _ _

If you're a moron, yes.

Some games on Wii U were 1080, just like how there are games on the Switch that are 1080.
I know for sure that Sm4sh was 1080 60.

Oh I'm sorry I have assloads of disposable cash. I forgot I should just make it and not spend it.

Its not like Mario is fucking graphics intensive, yet they can only manage 900p? You do realize that Gta San Andreas, the official port, uses hd textures and plays in 1080p on a fucking iphone 6+, right? Its an arm processor, just like the switch. What is Nintendo's excuse?

Odyssey is their main game, the one that would have drove people to buy systems, and nintendo is ok with shit quality?

i think the writing is fun enough, but i feel you that the RPG elements take a big backseat to the golf gameplay. i think i'm enjoying it more as a result of that, though, given that i know once i finish it i'm gonna be immersed in Stardew Valley and then have XC2 to take up my entire winter, so having a light, clever RPG that isn't so heavy on character building or on cultivating relationships with ten million people is right up my alley at the moment.

its a remake of metroid 2

>would have
you realize that the Switch is already selling like crazy thanks to BotW and that Odyssey is just gonna be another bump and that no one cares about the resolution of either game in making their decision to buy a console that they can also take on the go, as evidenced by actual consumer data and not REEEing by someone whose parents own a 4K TV that they get to plug their PS4 into when they're at work?

It is certainly charming. I was expecting to like the writing a lot less, so it was a pleasant surprise.

You cant compare the switch to a ps4.

The ps4 compares to a desktop PC as they are both x86_64.

The switch uses an arm processor. This is the same as newer mobile phones.

To say if the switch is selling it needs to be compared to a similar platform, in this case mobile (iOS/Android) devices.

This is same customer base that plays candycrush so resolution likely doesn't matter to them.

im probably not gonna play, but im rooting for werewolves

>selling like crazy
dont make me laugh

ps4
>Launched November 2013
>1 million day 1 sales
>13.5 million at the end of October 2014
>63 million in June 2017

Switch
>Launched March 2017
>5 million as of July.

few months left to sell 8.5 million to catch up to first year ps4 sales. they cant even keep it in stock, so doubling will be a joke. even funnier is the lack of games around holiday. just like the wiiu, year 1 hype then another abandoned nintendo turd.

>thanks to BotW
I read that it is because of the Switch having a faster OS and Nintendo releasing a steadier stream of games this time, unlike with the WiiU.

>steadier stream of games
Lost it.

The Switch has a stable release of indie multiplats I don't want to play.

;_;

Minecraft and Rocket League is supposed to be getting cross platform play. Who knows when.

Stop buying indie games!!

???

Delete these or delete the dicks.

I like this.

Any of the Castlevanias, KORG DS, GTA Chinatown Wars.

Woah neat.

4k TVs are a meme but a 4k projector would be nice t b h dayseu.

at least the switch has entertaining games to play versus that glorified dvd player

besides we all know that nintendo has a slow manufacturing streak the length of the equator, intentional or not. and if people are acting like this youtube.com/watch?v=-tS6GWNsoZs in reaction to getting the switch, then this holiday is gonna be a fucking gold mine for nintendo

Delusions.

>entertaining
Oh yeah, splatoon 1 dlc, a shitty tech demo or 5, and a few wiiu ports.

And now you are getting generic Mario rehash #9000. Everyone's going to be rushing to get that and the 2 games scheduled for next year, gunna be nuts.

type the full thing dummy

and despite that it's all still fun
and multiplayer on the go using only one console and the packaged controllers is a thing only the switch can do

>generic Mario rehash #9000
Another "New Super Mario Bros" was announced?

BotW is clearly optimized for Switch, other Wii U ports are basically new games for the zillions of people who never bothered with buying that console; applies to Splatoon, too. tech demo games were kind of a glut at beginning but by now some really high quality indie games are making it to a handheld format for a console that's actually getting support from its parent company and there's some great exclusive ones like Golf Story. I really wonder how Mario can be seen as a rehash but I know this whole post is bait anyway. also you're skipping over Mario + Rabbids which has been a huge critical success and XC2 which will bring that series to a console in its rise (as opposed to XC on Wii) that people own (unlike XCX on Wii U) and will be a major contender for a black sheep GOTY behind BotW, Mario, and what else? Horizon?

Where the fuck are you playing switch? In the back of your moms car when she drives you around? On a school bus? Adults dont have those luxuries.

And how is the switch multiplayer? If you have normal man hands you gunna flip that joycon sideways and play with a friend?

More than likely you will need a controller. And at that point might as well just bring a ps4 to a friends house. Throwing it with a spare HDMI in a bag has never been an issue. Or just tell him to stop being a poorfag and buy one...

I think you misunderstood
4k is a meme. you can spend your money how you want, but 4k is a fucking joke.

>what is public transit

and unless you lack basic human dexterity and/or have hands like pic related, there's no reason for anybody to not use the joycon at least competently
seriously my parents are like 5 years away from retirement and had no trouble playing mario kart with sideways joycons

stop shitposting, tikungan staples.

>Adults dont have those luxuries.
Then get a white collar job, autist.
You'll find time for portable gaming, just not as much as you can now as a teenager, son.

>Adults dont have those luxuries.
>hur dur I don't have friends to hang out with

no more, bussarello 2000

Are you just shitposting? Zelda botw was first demoed in e3 2014 after an initial 2011 tech demo. It was written totally on wiiu, and then ported to the arm processor, hence the long delay.

youtu.be/Z6BeAtdoELY

>Golf story
Ya thats a console seller.

>mario
Really? How can mario be a rehash? how many other platformers have gone on that long? They just shit all over it too, look at new super mario bros/new super luigi. Its 2 games! No, fuck you nintendo. Its the same game.

They have literally beaten the mario franchise to death. Oddesey even more so because now they started relying on shock value to make it good. "Hey people in mario world wow"

Its time for something new.

>Japanese games with voicedubbing
Yeah, sure thats going to appeal to a broad us audience. On the wiiu a Lego game sold almost as many copies as xcx. It was literally terrible, dont count on 2 even being top 20 in switch sales.

I have a job. I'm a programmer that works from home. I just turn on my TV and game.

I have friends, and they all bought a ps4 by year 2 so I dont have to lug mine around. If there was a good console everyone would just buy it anyway so still missing out on why I need something portable.

And if I need a bag of controllers to play anything, it kind of doesn't matter at that point if I had to carry a console, too. Its not like I'm riding a bike I put it in my fucking car, space/size issues really isn't a thing.