Survivalist Edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Post-War thread: Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14113373
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Me still want to know how to progress because me can't recruit Ian.

I think you need a certain level of CHA to recruit him.

The only thing worse than people who have subtitles on are people who also use the default UI color.

You need CHA stat itself for checks, not just speech?

I believe so, but I could well be wrong. I think CHA determines how many companions you can have.

Would you be mad if me just look for guide and cheat whole way through Fallout 1?

Only if you don't read the manual first.

Maybe I want a green or orange UI?

Where manual on pirate copy?

Dear Bethesda,
remove the creation club or I pull the trigger

Fuck knows. GOG includes it as a PDF, IIRC.

I was going to write something about there being people who can't hear well so turn them on, or people who don't have a nice headset or something like that,

but then I realized that that is immershuv as it gets. Nate/Nora might actually have bad hearing, and that's reflected in the player turning subtitles off and playing on ow volume or bad speakers or something.

wew lad. Who needs mods for immershun?

For the two people who care, I could use some more feedback for new armor perks in FO3. This should be the last time I bother you about it.

First off, I need perk names. Good ones.
Second, I had this idea to have a "Hydraulic enhancement" (name pending) perk which requires level 70 science and gives 10 DR while wearing heavy armor if you also have a fission battery in your inventory. I like this idea of item-enhanced armors, and could use ideas that do the same for light and medium armors (with different effects, items and names ofcourse)
For medium armor just think of combat armor, and for light armor just think of leather armor.

Wait, me found it.
So where can find guide? Me not trust Gamefaqs because its PC game, and Gamefaqs only care about console games.

strawpoll.me/14113373
strawpoll.me/14113373
strawpoll.me/14113373
strawpoll.me/14113373
strawpoll.me/14113373

VOTE VOTE VOTE

There considerably better greens and oranges than the god awful ones the devs landed on.

If Gamefaqs only cares about console games, why did they make guides for a PC-exclusive game?

Why the fuck did you pick such a mundane topic to shitpost about? Guaranteed (You)s?

this poster uses the default UI color and subtitles

>asks question
>gets dismissal instead of actual answer
Yeah I use subtitles you son of a bitch, I read better than I hear.

..................Me step on your face and it go squish.

>there are people who actually listen to all dialogue and not just skip it as soon as you've read it

[Confirmed Bachelor] Can I convince you to sit instead?

>Yeah I use subtitles

Well, it's clear you're just shitposting now, so fuck (You)sa.

Don't give him any (You)s you goddamn retards.

I was genuinely wondering why he picked such an oddly simple topic to shitpost about. But I guess knowledge is for chumps, willful ignorance is king.

>Legion - 0 votes

Anybody else looking forward to the Fallout Cascadia mod?
I'd like to help out, but at most I'd be an ideas guy, I have no experience in computing or in modelling/ texturing

As it should be.

just report the /v/ermin, its SPAM as the blackout fag already

It looks fantastic, and I'm glad they're trying to salvage FO4.

I use both.
Fight me.

How do see interactable objects in Fallout 1?

Did do you think about the message that Dead Money tried to convey /fog/?

Yeah, don't read someone else's email.

Alright, show us a good one then. Maybe I'll change mine.

I did, actually. Much as everyone memes about it, it is a good message: you can always walk away, until it's too late. The Madre is the way it is now because people didn't stop when they had the chance. I don't mean just the treasure hunting, but the pre-war webs of lies. All the drama that went on, especially between Sinclair, Keyes, and Domino. They didn't let go when they could, and some still haven't.
It's quite nice. Too bad it's been memed to oblivion.

B:80,G:175,R:76

No, not really. There should've been a reward for leaving the gold bars lie there.

>Missing the entire point
>Not gibbing him and dumping his head on the other side to get the gold

Do Sim Settlements increase the max population of settlements from 20 or do I need a separate mod for that

Ok guys, I want to get into the fallout games.
Should I startvwith fallout 4?
I have a ps4 and I saw an used fallout 4 for ps4 on my local gaming store a few hours ago.

Should I go and buy it?
Should I play fallout new vegas instead?

cmon fellas

>Should I startvwith fallout 4?
god no

go with 3/NV

then the originals then 4

locomotive maybe?

NV is much more of a true Fallout experience than 4, especially if you're more accustomed to modern titles than older ones, as NV hybridizes both eras in one game. But it's not on PS4 (I think).

No, I mean that there's no point to "letting go".

>PS4
to give you a non-meme answer, get FO4 if it's cheap
get FNV if you prefer RPGs over shooters

FO4 is a shooty game
FNV is a story game
FO3 is eh

FO1/2 are relics of a bygone era that should be approached with caution

>locomotive maybe?
What kind of perk would that be?

>FO1/2 are relics of a bygone era that should be approached with caution
This. They are VERY different than most games, even in the same genre and time period.

The message has been discussed to death. I'm more interested in speculating on Elijah's plans to create a giant light fortress with an army of immortal laser freaks and bottomless dispensers of everything the society needs. If the courier took the crazy old asshole out of the picture, there could have been a possibility for a benevolent dictator like Helios in Deus Ex.

In a way Elijah was the only one in the entire game who did not try to build a new version of the old world, but something entirely new. Imperial peace enforced with an indestructible and infinite army of holograms, and abundance produced by the dispenser technology.

>tfw the Elijah ending is a game over screen

not him, but I would guess like the fallout 4 STR 10 one, run into people to knock them down and hurt them when wearing power armor

The Incredible Bulk.
The Big Mack.
Freedom of Movement.
Happy Medium.
Roy Brown.

What perk ideas do you have, it's easier to name these perks if you know what they do?
For that perk idea you suggested:
>Sparked up
>Amp Armour

It sucks. Tactics does the same thing. You have the option to let Barnaky take over the robot army which leads to him basically replicating the Enclave's final solution. But you can also take over the robots yourself and your diplomatic skills and military prowess determine how good a leader you end up being. Dead Money only has the Barnaky option and it's a game over screen.

Max population is tied to your base CHA score. Unsure if SS does anything to change this.

Come to think of it, this whole idea with enhancing armors with items could make for a complete armorcrafting mod FO4 style but a bit simpler.
>Pneumatic optimization with steam gauge assembly, increases agility
>Tesla fists with fission battery, adds energy damage to punches
etc.

>Happy Medium
oh yeah, finding good names for medium armor perks is gonna be tough

I haven't even really decided on which perk effects to use desu, but I'm gonna keep it simple and use the effects available in the GECK
think of increased unarmed damage for heavy armor, increased carry weight for light, adding the light touch perk from FNV, no fucking idea for medium armor

Tough nut
No Pain, No Gain (DR increase with damage taken)
Rhythm & Beats (unarmed/melee related)
Silver Linings
Tipped scales(medium armour, could go either direction)
Hail mary (grenade/ explosives throwing)
Servo stabilisation

Fallout 4 needed an ex-enclave companion. Instead of fucking preston.

Hold it together: Medium armor wearers will keep their last point of armor durability indefinitely.

Haul ass out of there: Light armor wearer gets a small speed boost after taking damage.

Shock Absorbers: Reduced damage from explosions while wearing heavy armor, severe reduction from own explosives.

Implacable: Speed cannot be reduced by any means, including crippling, while wearing heavy armor.

Stickiest fingers: Pickpocketing skill goes up while wearing light armor.

Old world edge: Medium armor wearers gain a bonus resistance to energy weapons.

thanks, this'll do I think, but more ideas are always welcome

Best radio mod or should I just play my own jazz and bigband collection?

>Horizon playthrough
>told institute to go fuck themselves
>at the point where they attack the castle
>wasn't expecting such a huge force to show up
>keep getting my shit pushed in
>reload older save so I can build up the defenses a bit better
>can make it to about 60% defended but then the fuckers start teleporting inside the walls
>turrets and settlers basically useless and die instantly
>have to take on 100+ synths solo

It's insane and I'm getting my ass kicked but damn this is probably the most fun I've had with the game. Makes it really feel like we're holding out against an all out siege that lasts for days.

Thanks to whatever user recommended Horizon. Can't imagine playing any other way now.

It's a personal preference type of questions, but for me one of the first mods I install on any 3D fallout is Conelrad. Great lore-appropriate station with real life roots. There is some crossover of some songs with Diamond City Radio as the tracklist hasn't changed since 3, but it's great regardless imo.

>Fallout 4 needed an ex-enclave companion. Instead of fucking preston.
That would be interesting to see

I honestly cannot understand how bethesda could drop the ball so badly

Can anyone post any New Vegas rolling chart?
I want to start a new playtrought with something random.

Thanks, senpai. Can't wait to see Graham again.

ok lets rollan

ok now for an alt

What ever happened to piperfag? Did he ever finish his story? Anyone know?

what weather mod or ENB for new vegas?

The energy companies were owned by them prewar. I think. So that would be the way to work them in, some agent or something is here to retrieve project data or something from the old energy building.

hmm

You don't. You have to try out for your self. No "[E] Use" for you.
But it shouldn't be too difficult with a little common sense.

>use .dds version of this image as perk icon for a new perk
>GECK crashes
Tried it three times already, what am I doing wrong?

The directory I used is D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\textures\interface\icons\pipboyimages\perks\armor perks

Is the medicine stick the best gun in the game?

With all the perks and the better ammo, per shot- yeah, otherwise dat slow reload and dat fire rate are horrible.

What is the next best you'd say?

A Light Shining in Darkness is the best gun in the game.

Oh wowe thanks friend

Vance's 9mm tears ass on unarmored targets with mods dps-wise, the 12.7mm smg is slower but has more potential. The Professional perk and a silenced smg is fun for taking out everything.

Is the 12.7mm pistol useless?

I want to nut in Nat

>he didn't already

Ah shit I need to install it

>he didn't murder house and take over vegas
>he didn't tell all the ncr and legion to fuck off with a private robot army
>he deliberately chose to be subservient to another man

Ringa Ding Ding baby

>haul ass out of there
I think "Get the hell outta Dodge," would be more appropriate

Goodnight user

It was good but I ran out of ammo a lot.

>Please give me (You)'s the post
(You)

Cannot ignore a good chance to get bored as soon as I actually get to New Vegas again.

cos i got sperms that jingle jangle jingle

>using anything other than gold
Buncha wankers.

Sorry to be that guy but I'm retarded when it comes to modding

Does anyone have an idea why the patch for grunt perk wouldn't be working for Millenia's guns in FNV?

All the guns show up and work fine but they don't get the damage increase when i select the perk.

>Play on slots
>get kicked out

what do they mean by this?

I wanna play F4 as a Kid / Teen, are there any decent mods that allow for that? Is it very fucked up in combination with power armour? I didn't really work out in F:NV, kinda worked out Skyrim, but Skyrim's boring as shit. Or should I just end up making a character smaller via console?

No
Setplayer fucks up terminal displays