/xcg/ - XCOM General

Bradford edition

Previous Mission: →

News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

Some degeneracy or whatever
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1163521787
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the AI cheats

>Your leadership will be a beacon to our people across the globe.
Jon Bailey is extremely talented.

>Boynextdoor
>not Aniki

>Suction
>not Master

Pistols are Useful

So how many of you actually use the /xcg/ character pool?

Better? How could I have been so blind.

I would literally pay for a Billy Herrington voice pack.

Undying loyalty

I don't get the appeal of using a character pool that isn't my own.

Should use the Xsoldier mod for them, though they'll have to wear pants until tier 3 armor.

>tfw Avenger Defense one month before waterworld

Took two turns longer then it should have due to bugged LOS, thanks Jake.

You are supposed to add the characters to be used alongside your own.

Hmmm seems interesting, I might download it and try it out tomorrow.

Here's what the Predator Armor looks like, and you can set the size/muscles from slightly bigger than default but more detailed to humongadunga.

Holy shit. It would probably only fit for Herrington though, Van is a lot more lithe.

If you leave the slider at 1 the guy will remain the same size as the default, so Van can stay lithe and limber.

Hey /xcg/, are there any armor mods that don't clip through/bug out when paired with base game armors? I want to add more kevlar options, but too many of them (like the COD/R6 armors) look completely out of place when paired with anything else.

that fucking neck line holy hell

>kill advent with explosive
>loot destroyed! as normal
>sectoid reanimates him
>kill sectoid
>zombie's loot respawns
huh, how about that

Vector fixed it recently, that's a screen with the older version. It also only did that with Central and Tygan's heads.

Looking for non-clipping armor is like looking for 50% shots to hit.
A waste of time
You are gonna have to put together mix and match outfits case by case.

>Hack Advent train
>First pod BTFO
>Have a lot of good cover and high ground for sniper
>scout ahead
>2 pods right next to each other activate
>ok I think I can handle this
>the red flare of dickery appears signifiying my defeat
>ends in bitch sectoid that hid behind 6 troopers all game critting my nader through high cover then MCing my ranger who had the other flashbang

In three campaigns, I haven't gotten one covert op to reduce the avatar timer, and I haven't gotten one covert op or scan site that adds a resistance contact. Literally how do you win at this game without getting lucky drops

>"Build resistance comms" is not an option because proving ground/gts/training center/power relays are all better options

Yes it is. If you must build Resistance Comms in order to not lose then it is the best option in that situation.

>x facility is a better option than not losing
I guess...

I know :(

I'll always be mad that capnbubs never made torso/arm/leg pieces. His armor is the only mod stuff that looks good and fits the aesthetic of the game.

>looks good and fits the aesthetic of the game.
You don't dig XCOM1 ports? I know I do.

Is there an option or a mod to change the wotc main menu? Im getting real sick of dragunova looking at the commander's pod.

I WANT TO SEE MY SOLDIERS DAMNIT

>Assassin has plainwalker
>never appears on the tile that she's actually on after teleporting

Haha now this is xcom 2: war of the chosen

Ok so did I screw myself by using the option of doubling the health of everything on the advanced options screen?

Sometimes enemies are getting 4+ turns in combat and it feels like it's going to get worse

The only thing I can think of is Grim Style Armor, but that's just vanilla models with altered texture patterns.

>Ok so did I screw myself by using the option of doubling the health of everything on the advanced options screen?
Maybe, probably.

>beta meme

We warned you about Beta Strike, bro.

Beta strike is fun. FUN.

It does require you alter the way you play the game though. Grenades are not nearly as useful as it's not guaranteed you'll kill a pod by blowing up cover and getting crit shots. Abilities like Reaper are useless and Implacable/Untouchable require careful planning.

Sectoids are really dangerous on beta strike; make sure you get a couple of flashbangs as soon as possible and grab mindshields too.

It's been fun so far, I just started to run into Berzerkers and holy fuck they've got a lot of HP.

Sectoids are dangerous, you're right. Priests are really bad too, as they already take multiple turns to take down and they also have mind control and statis sometimes when you kill them.

So far it's been fun, but I'm worried that the more dangerous late game enemies like Gatekeepers will be nigh impossible

I never got a warning, tell me what is going to happen to me

>beta strike
would be better if the game were designed around it, but as it stands it's kinda shit

So the game is pretty much late game Long War 1 but with a timer?

Why is it shit? It seems like the combat is more strategic, almost every enemy lasts multiple turns so far for me

>dangerous late game enemies like Gatekeepers will be nigh impossible

Lategame enemies like Gatekeepers and Andromedons are terrible because they'll without fail open with their AOE and you just have to take it. Sectopods aren't that bad since you can actually still kill them in 1 turn with a lategame squad with bluescreen.

It feels like snipers suck in Beta Strike

>Fisher isn't his reaper

There's a few balance issues, namely in the haven assaults (where 56 health Berserkers can kill 5 civvies in 1 turn, not sure how you can even do these missions without Parry baiting), recover resistance operative, and destroy the device mission where for some fucking reason the health of the device is increased which just cancels out the increased timer.

Also not quite balance, but it sucks even worse when a Muton/Berserker/Lancer knocks a soldier unconscious in 1 move when there's no way you could have prevented their attack.

It's a lot more interesting and strategic, I find. The strengths and weaknesses of each enemy type is exaggerated quite a lot, their CC's make a big difference. How do Berzerkers kill so many in one turn? Don't they just have more health?

And yeah, I noticed that the device had way more health, but I've only had to do that type of mission once so far.

>How do Berzerkers kill so many in one turn? Don't they just have more health?

I mean there's usually 4-5 Berserkers in a haven assault and since they focus on the civilians and you can't kill them in even 2 turns it's hard to stop them from just wiping everyone out on their own.

>more randum
>moar healths
so strategeric

ahhh I see what you mean

yeah I just fought my first one and it took forever. you have to move around so much

it's way less random with more health, what are you talking about?

>each encounter with an enemy allows enough turns to take place that each different enemy has a chance to employ their signature moves

Yeah, that is more strategic. Enemies that required three soldiers to focus fire now can't be killed in one turn. That actually is more strategic

The post says neither of those things. Don't be dumb

I'm pretty sure that's not an option, and I doubt someone would a mod for something so pointless

They're referring to a visual bug where teleporting enemies like Chosen with Planewalker and Codices look like they're in 1 tile but aren't actually there. It's fixed with a save/reload, but it can mess up your shots if you say run and gun into a position you think will be flanking them but then when you try to take a shot it's only 40% because they're not really there.

Shitty workmanship.

More like Bore of the Chosen

*reloads*
BOAR

I've beaten wotc with the dlcs integrated, should I activate them for this playthrough?

Yes

Why is it that every time I start a new game Im given a squad of all females?

>having a problem with this
are you gay?

Well I cant even make myself in it Unless I want to put in a rookie.

My current army has 13 women out of 19 total soldiers. Always seems like I get more women than men.

Im guessing the ratio was fucked in the giant war 20 years ago. Only way to explain it.

This would almost make sense. Kinda, but not really.

You know, black
sites are 100x eaiser if you just use one hidden hunter.
You can get in, get out, and evac becuse the ayys even see you. Anyone else do this?

The correct explanation is Advent taking all the men for their homoerotic screenplays to keep that yaoi-obsessed sheeple happy.

Can you post spurdo commander

In the War of the Triple Alliance (Empire of Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay) the country of Paraguay lost 70% of its male population.

pic unrelated

Brazil offered any men willing to move to the conquered territory 3 wives. I doubt anyone went. The cities in Brazil may be shit holes but deeper into the country is worse. Kind of like China is. But nicer on both counts.

moving right along

now we are talking

Nice.

rad

>Vahlen spent all that time researching the viper king
>never made any good progress with alien/human hybrids
I'm a little upset

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1163521787

STOP LINKING THIS

I use Templars and Templar accessories

No. I kill everything, then wait for more shit to show up so I can kill it too.

lamia soldiers WHEN

Integration is a forced meme

I'm not gonna lie I want Faceless soldiers

Think about it
>can use all the gear normal soldiers can
>improved conceal
>can leap up buildings
>that melee attack
They're basically a much better ranger

Also they can inflate their tits to G-cups with perfect firmness.

How difficult is the chosen defense mission? I'm on legendary and the hunter is pretty close to max information and I don't think I've got the gear to shut him down yet.

>never made any good progress with alien/human hybrids
Adding new shit to their genome is pretty much the exact opposite of her research which was intended to restore the aliens to more natural states.

That said she only activated genes Advent had deactivated and didn't actually fuck with any of the shit Advent had put in their so she did half a job of it, but the point stands.

Does this DLC mission still pop up or do you fight the snake king at a stronghold?

G A M E E N D I N G

I played it blind on my first honestman playthrough and got fucked lol

Depends on whether or not you enable the mission.

You have to disable integration AND enable the missions to get the missions.

Do that incidentally.

If you set the Alien Hunters DLC to be part of the campaign you'll still have to visit the Viper Den and face the King, then the Rulers will be stationed at ADVENT buildings. If they escape you there and from the Den they'll become random encounters again.

Don't worry about facing a Chosen and a Ruler at the same time, they never appear together.

integrated = no dlc missions, rulers at facilities
activated but not integrated = dlc missions are still in place
not integrated + not activated = shit just shows up randomly

Do you have the defense matrix maxed out?

>How difficult is the chosen defense mission?
It scales with the month and with whether or not you have a defense matrix.

I'll just give you a tip right now, anything caught in the blast from the big gun's generator gets vaporized. Shit can literally oneshot a Gatekeeper. So ideally you would take that shit out with snipers before you draw any pods away from it.

Anyway, you often end up having to fight 2 pods at a time, but you get 10 guys to work with so it's not that bad as long as it's not 2 bullshit pods at once.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I was wondering why I didn't get the DLC missions lol

Don't even have them

If I ignore the snake king mission do the other kings still show up?

Has anyone tried A Better Advent? I like some of the enemy designs but I wanna disable a couple of them too. How can I do that?

Get them, makes it so much easier now that turrets have squadsight

No

Fucking awesome, thanks. I want the gear but not the bullshit that comes with it.

You can't get the suits without killing the rulers.

Thats fine, really only wanted the axe, its awesome. Everything else is Meh at best.

You can't upgrade the axe without the mission.

FUUUUUUCK
Cant I upgrade it to the shock thing?

>+10 crit chance and 1 free ranged attack per mission
>awesome

>Free action
>not awesome