/v/ the Musical V - Less Than A Week Remaining Edition

We finish this on the 15th, boyos, let's stop sticking dicks in our own arse and get to making some good shite

>What is this?
An annual collaboration project where /v/ sings about video games. This is our fifth year of production, and we can't stop. We won't stop. We don't even know HOW to stop.

>First-timer's brochure:
docs.google.com/document/d/1d4xzW-_5QoVafWgdaXWOqJRng8bG4GXz8q_Ex5ohJO4/edit?usp=sharing

>How do I contribute?
Write something! Or look in the Google Doc for something to sing or edit. Album art is always welcome, too!

>Song Spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1loF2yfU6os--ZnfVO6nv4ndlcB1cXuWrfbh1O1l-TkM/edit?usp=sharing
>General Drive
drive.google.com/open?id=0B-h1sOOtAroOflhqZ3BpcHlGVG9jbXlheWgzbERFSW55NWNuVHVlY1djb2tzV1pZc1V2YVU
>Meta Song List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W2b2Rct6g6gZB74HolXL2_o_HvtUgBZyuZRDalzHJC0/edit?usp=sharing
>Art Folder
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-h1sOOtAroOMnB4Y3dSVDdvd28?usp=sharing
>Bandcamp
vthemusical.bandcamp.com/
>IRC
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/#vmusical

Music player with latest songs:
vthemusical.stfweb.lv/

Latest videos: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2gh_WG3YJBITuO-tODVCcJ

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8QMYsjpoSm0
picosong.com/w3e7J/
youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
pastebin.com/pkmhD70q
picosong.com/w3RaP
pastebin.com/exVzk0Cq
pastebin.com/9CXVcng2
pastebin.com/0SZT1pkz
pastebin.com/eLePyECK
pastebin.com/5wh4fjVM
pastebin.com/pH7hkZVJ
pastebin.com/K8M7SNgB
pastebin.com/8Lnpyzv0
pastebin.com/TrsGnb3T
pastebin.com/Kz3qme11
pastebin.com/rV9hgQ0j
pastebin.com/upBTWfzZ
pastebin.com/wjcHAw3M
pastebin.com/wN41YMxX
pastebin.com/SLtrkxaF
pastebin.com/HmAtvUus
pastebin.com/7u9jbetA
pastebin.com/sznkBM0D
pastebin.com/1tULf4ND
pastebin.com/mLDPhcSz
pastebin.com/vDuxpzvG
pastebin.com/wrEWXxYg
pastebin.com/Bk806vea
pastebin.com/ZjFypaff
youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE
youtube.com/watch?v=4WhScddrGqE
picosong.com/w3CSK/
pastebin.com/dEh3gZGc
picosong.com/w3C2k/
pastebin.com/iVrAVE3F
pastebin.com/X6XWy39j
pastebin.com/enSNSmzW
pastebin.com/kRkXd1Eg
pastebin.com/gpWggmJ9
pastebin.com/hRQyGeZT
pastebin.com/nTQFP95R
pastebin.com/U9gNGL0w
pastebin.com/LRA8BRQx
pastebin.com/6FmSfNb9
pastebin.com/qxqtwZNQ
pastebin.com/HF60evFt
picosong.com/w3R8y/
picosong.com/wwzK8/
picosong.com/w3n7Z/
picosong.com/w3saC/
picosong.com/wwgr2
picosong.com/wwLpZ/
picosong.com/wwgCV/
picosong.com/wwZxZ/
picosong.com/w3kGP/
picosong.com/w33bj/
picosong.com/w3whE/
picosong.com/w3CEK/
picosong.com/w3CEH/
picosong.com/w3CEd/
picosong.com/w3CEG/
picosong.com/w3wPD/
youtube.com/watch?v=Fgx5nBpqkCU
picosong.com/w3C8M/
pastebin.com/7r7mjbxQ
picosong.com/w3Ciz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=8QMYsjpoSm0

>This cancerous shit again
I think you need to leave.

sing my song

You've only to wait 6 more days

I'M MISERABLE.

Anyone still got the Todd Howard Crawling vocaroo link?

It was in the DLC album a while back

I hate you all so much. I want to die. Because of your bullying, I'm going to commit suicide. I hope you're all PROUD OF YOURSELVES.
:'(((((((

>trying to record a song
>neighbor's dog won't shut the fuck up and keeps messing me up

Patreon - mixed and edited by some kind user after I made a pretty average demo
picosong.com/w3e7J/

Should we just chuck this in finished? The other versions have languished in minor edits for over a week

Sure. Best one gets on the album

So now, ladies and gents, we have a shanty chorus to run along: Roll the Old Fright Night Along
Roll the Old Chariot Along youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
We need a couple different chorus parts as explained here: pastebin.com/pkmhD70q
Now that we have our shantyman, I think everything will come along well. Sing your part from the pastebin as well as you can with picosong.com/w3RaP (if writer_ ever gets back to giving his second chance)
Email roco with your take, and, hopefully, we'll have a chorus pieced together by Sunday

A thread without reminders is like a lotr spider without tits

>Loot Boxes! [Ghost Busters - Ray Parker Jr.] pastebin.com/exVzk0Cq
>/evn/ 2017 [Miami 2017 - Billy Joel] pastebin.com/9CXVcng2
>It's Handheld (Not Console For TV) [Istanbul - Four Lads] pastebin.com/0SZT1pkz
>Ballad of Tales Threads [Ballad of Mona Lisa - Panic! At The Disco] pastebin.com/eLePyECK
>Wishing for the Choir [Whistle for the Choir - The Fratellis] pastebin.com/5wh4fjVM
>Life's A Superstar [Life's a Happy Song - The Muppet Movie] pastebin.com/pH7hkZVJ
>Shortstacks [The Lovecats - The Cure] pastebin.com/K8M7SNgB
>Don't Ride On That Trolley [Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police] pastebin.com/8Lnpyzv0
>Marina [All Time High - Rita Coolidge] pastebin.com/TrsGnb3T
>NEC Avenue [Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant] pastebin.com/Kz3qme11
>Function Still Remains [Blinded By the Light-Manfred Mann] pastebin.com/rV9hgQ0j
>Capcom Wasn’t So [Say It Isn't So - Bon Jovi] pastebin.com/upBTWfzZ
>Never Said Goodbye [Say Hello Wave Goodbye - Soft Cell] pastebin.com/wjcHAw3M
>It's Breath of the Wild [Top of the World-All American Rejects] pastebin.com/wN41YMxX
>C&D [Hail and Kill - Manowar] pastebin.com/SLtrkxaF
>Everything Works [Anything Goes - Cole Porter] pastebin.com/HmAtvUus
>You Need The Tools [Don't Break The Rules - Catch Me If You Can] pastebin.com/7u9jbetA
>/v/'s Final Song [One Final Song-Brawl in the Family] pastebin.com/sznkBM0D
>Nintendo of America [The Phantom of the Opera] pastebin.com/1tULf4ND
>Wowkiller [Pain Killer - Judas Priest] pastebin.com/mLDPhcSz
>Zerglings Are Life [Circle of Life - Lion King] pastebin.com/vDuxpzvG
>The Perfect Game [Uncle John's Band - Grateful Dead] pastebin.com/wrEWXxYg
>Jafari Battles Pink Libcucks [Yoshimi Battles Robots - The Flaming Lips] pastebin.com/Bk806vea

>A thread without reminders is like a lotr spider without tits

>my song is on the list

thank you, based white man

I'll be looking forward to this. I love the original and hope it's done justice. Might try to do some backup but I doubt I'll be happy with the results I provide.

>>Zerglings Are Life [Circle of Life - Lion King] pastebin.com/vDuxpzvG

Fuck it I'll give this a bash tomorrow. It's so dumb it might be a laugh

Don't Forget (You're Here Forever)
pastebin.com/ZjFypaff
youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE
youtube.com/watch?v=4WhScddrGqE

P-please sing my song

A song about /v/'s barely closeted homosexuality and lust for cute shy traps who are into vidya and hate what they hate.

>Been trying to write a new song for a week and a half now
>What the fuck? Why were the first few so easy?
>One gets kind of done
>Shitty half-assed and forced lyrics
>No instrumental and this time I actually made an effort to look thoroughly
>Don't want to cram another song from the exact same artist into the musical again because I've already done too many from him

I'm starting to believe I might just suck at this

Good luck

Same here. Been sitting in three songs for a week now. One almost finished but at this point its probably best saved for next year.

Same, I've scrapped some songs as well. It's okay though, saves the songs for upcoming years.

>upcoming years
The idea of making it to /v/ the musical X is freaking me out a little right now.

Don't worry, somebody will ruin it before that can happen.

picosong.com/w3CSK/

>Needs basic audio leveling
>I'm not happy with the beginning or the zuh-zeza scat
>Still needs his louder "I'M THE JUMPMAN!!!" and "YEAAAAH!" but I don't want to annoy my neighbors

Anonfag I need some sleep so I'll just leave this here.

pastebin.com/dEh3gZGc

Is this the official one? Not the shitty one written by anonmemefag?

Just a reminder to the user for "I Still Haven't Found Any Games Done Quick", I still intend to do it and I should have time on Weds or Thurs.

There's no "official" one but this is as close as it gets. The people in question will know what to do, this shit basically produces itself every year.

picosong.com/w3C2k/

Here's 5 Bombs From Syndicate, as punk rock as can be when you forget to lower the gain on your microphone.

TO DO LIST:

1) WIP songs with multiple singers that need people:
>Here on PC - pastebin.com/iVrAVE3F
>Our Backlogs Are Killing Us - pastebin.com/X6XWy39j
>Roll the Old Friday Night - pastebin.com/pkmhD70q
>The Andromeda Quartet - pastebin.com/enSNSmzW
>The Re/v/olution - pastebin.com/kRkXd1Eg
>John Romero, Sir - pastebin.com/gpWggmJ9
>Trolls On The Twitter - pastebin.com/hRQyGeZT
>Why is the Vidya Dead - pastebin.com/nTQFP95R
>Sony's Triple A Next Gen Game - pastebin.com/U9gNGL0w
>Another Hundred (You)s - pastebin.com/LRA8BRQx
>Boards of Veeky Forums - pastebin.com/6FmSfNb9
In Minor Edits:
>Пиpaтcтвo/Piratstvo/Piracy - pastebin.com/qxqtwZNQ
>Killing Floor (Bella Dosh) - pastebin.com/HF60evFt

2) Songs that can be easily mixed - found in Minor Edits tab:
>99 New Vidya Games
>Bless My Homescreen Forever
>/v/ (Would You Know Me)
>/v/!
>Miss You, Gabe
>Always Play with the Settings on Hard

3) Songs that are possibly finished and haven't been moved:
>It Won't Sell to Casuals - picosong.com/w3R8y/
>A Console With No Games - picosong.com/wwzK8/
>Oops I Said it Again (Heated Gaming Moment) - picosong.com/w3n7Z/
>You Have to Close the Door - picosong.com/w3saC/

4) Songs that have different versions and undecided:
>We're Not Getting Half Life 3 - picosong.com/wwgr2 or picosong.com/wwLpZ/
>Todd Howard of Bethesda Games - picosong.com/wwgCV/ or picosong.com/wwZxZ/
>Selvastopol - picosong.com/w3kGP/ or picosong.com/w33bj/ or picosong.com/w3whE/

As long as it's not written by ANONMEMEMOUS, I'm hyped.

>Still has the tumblr line
You do know this is /v/ right?

You really need fresh jokes. It seems like I've read this very same thing three times before, it lost all its wit.
I'm surprised you didn't add anything about blue bears in there.

To his credit, it flows really well. I don't feel the need to rewrite it as I have the past three years

Those are some of the weakest punchlines I've ever read and I read the lyrics for Dream Daddy.

I'm looking into Another Hundred (You)s, I need roco's vocal tracks for anons 2-4 if possible, maybe even user 1's. Ctrl-f this post roco.

Also word to anyone, if you're not into solos, it could use people on the [ALL] chorus portions in the pastbin. And if you are into solos, do user 3.

Now you only need to rewrite it to add jokes.

The knack one is pretty good. The Traps one is alright. Rest is trash.

No, no, no. That's my weakness. My shit flows like butter, but I've never been a punchline guy. Channel the soul of our lost friend Fatts and sort that shit out yourself

if you mean raw vocal tracks i'll upload them after i'm done with this errand, but it should be within the linked pastebin if you mean guided vocals.

Yeah, raw vocals. Right now I have the individual parts lined up and it doubles up the instrumental to be too loud to hear if I'm fitting well. Thanks.

I still don't understand why a parody of out-of-tune middle-aged men with poor timing needs to flow well and have good singing.

It doesn't have to have good singing. It needs to have confident singing though.

Hey bud. My last exam's tomorrow night, so I should be free then.

Where's Durin's song user? I saw him post in the last thread and asked me to contribute something. But I thought that song was sung in 4 parts? Who knows. If he can clear up exactly what he wants sung, I can do it then too.

Where do you think you are?
We're /v/irgins. We don't have confidence.

>I still don't understand why a parody of out-of-tune middle-aged men with poor timing needs to flow well
When the performers don't know what to do, they use less syllables. When you use too many (like is usual), it breaks the expectation. You do something they never do. It's written in a way they'd never sing it. I've watched every original season of that crap and little details like that make a good song great. Please pardon my autism

the people who do this have made it work 3 times, I think they'll manage again. Besides, people are free to rewrite it or submit their own version. In the end the singfags have the last word.

But in that one (and, as far as I remember, in all of them) there's not an instance of less syllable use or acting as if they're struggling, it flows perfectly to the tune of the music and when you're parodying Colin Mochrie trying to elongate two syllable words to hit his rhyme om the mark, as you say, then it just doesn't really work when his lines are near flawless, which is my point.

So what you're suggesting is writing worse lines for additional authenticity?

i'm hoping every take here is purely used to demo/guide purposes so i'll only redo them seriously if we just don't have the people to do it, aka don't use my user 1 take as a final version plz and thank. anyway go wild.

picosong.com/w3CEK/
picosong.com/w3CEH/
picosong.com/w3CEd/
picosong.com/w3CEG/

i didn't adjust volume except for when it's all compiled so if it's quiet/loud that's why.
and we do have a part 2 in the doc here picosong.com/w3wPD/

For Colin, that could work. He usually does just belts out something simple. Even Ryan can keep up with Wayne on the Irish Gaymen Song. He's worse in the hoedown, though

I'm of the opinion that the additional authenticity from them not flowing perfectly would make the lines better, yes. Like I said I just don't understand parodying something for comedy effect and 'fixing' an element of it that is part of the comedy to begin with.

Understood. Might post something the day after tomorrow since I'm waiting on a cable, thank you.

Need someone to literally speak in time for Trolls On The Twitter in order to get this done RIP thatonefemanon

youtube.com/watch?v=Fgx5nBpqkCU
pastebin.com/hRQyGeZT

Just speak Elle's part in time and I'll throw it into Audacity just to finish up this piece. Doesn't matter if you're a femanon at this point, just need a voice.

Hey, rapanon, here's my part for the Guilty Conscience parody. Can't wait to hear the final product.

picosong.com/w3C8M/

A little bird told me she'll be back soon. Please give her until tomorrow

I don't believe in birds!

Alright, it'll be here. Take care!

I mean she has till the 14th/15th but we haven't hear anything since weeks ago when she said she'd record on "friday".

>14/15
I've forgotten, are we submitting on the 14th and then nothing on the 15th, or is the 15th last submissions and the 16th the absolutely-no-more date?

Shipping is the 15th but the exact time is up in the air. If you submit on the 14th your stuff will get in, if you submit on the 15th there's a chance it will get in as long as the upload hasn't started yet but no guarantee.

Oh, then I guess the 16th is the absolutely no more songs date. The shipping date isn't actually the 15th cause there's a buffer day or two for checking the uploads and making sure the album orders are correct.

No, the shipping date is the 15th.

If you're taking over uploading, then okay. Because I certainly won't be done within less than 24 hours of the last song submitted, that's not how last year went.

Where's the substitution lyrics for the "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAH NGEMBYOAHHHHHHHH..." part of Circle of Life/Zerglings Alive?

desu

Get the Hydra, headin' for the pylon

You're welcome

Improvise some zergling noises

>that's not how last year went
It did actually. Most stuff got compiled on the 14th and the last few songs (anonfag's most notably) that arrived on the 15th got added last minute and then the upload started. I guess technically the final upload started on the 16th Alaska time, but still. Bandcamp upload only shipped after that

>I was literally the one who did it
>check archive
>you're right
What the fuck, it felt like it took days. So for the upload aim for 15th, but be okay with the 16th kinda thing. As far as the megas go.

/v/ now allows blatant corporate propoganda threads.

Yeah. Deadline is more so people know when they can't submit anymore. Upload is finished whenever the upload is finished.

>now
What do you think all those monster hunter world threads are?

>tfw deeply love monhun
>tfw the threads have shills for the game and against the game
I just want to play monster hunter.

Honestly the full on caps OPs about how incredible it is, every single day, are probably the most blatant shill threads I've seen in a long time. It's surreal to see a franchise like MH fall to that level of shilling and shitposting

HEY SOMEANON! remember how i said i was just gonna play around with it? well i kinda went ham and did shitloads of timing/volume fixes.

was wondering if it was ok if i do most of the ocd editing from here on out?

Yeah this is disappointingly boring.

Didn't notice all the Ubisoft marketing threads where they were posing as /pol/ to try and stir up controversy and buzz for their shitty far cry rehash huh?

And did the same thing again with south park

Russkie day time to rescue

I wrote a thing, and I'm ashamed of it.

pastebin.com/7r7mjbxQ

Teaser:

>Sorry boys, without a doubt
>I’m dating an e-girl now
>We are more than JUST good friends
>Can’t believe I’m the boyfriend

>I’m just a boy
>Yet I sound like a girl
>I know it’s not very obvious

Something must be wrong with me.

This was for you,

This is good, well done

I think the vocals are too loud compared to the rest. Nice, though.

more accurate as of now

Yeah, it's because I have the back track at like, -5dcb. Here it is at -2.
picosong.com/w3Ciz

Just a reminder for people to check the spreadsheet that the stuff you've done is on there, and if it's finished that it's in the finished tab.

When we're going to compile the songs in a few days we will only look at the stuff that is on the sheet. Everything that's not on the spreadsheet won't get in an album, so it's your own responsibility.

Yeah, this is great.

Oh man

You did the right thing writing this.

This picture never fails to turn me on

Russian Bumping Ambulance.

You dont have to constantly say you're Russian. I thought that was only something Germans did, but seems not.

German Bumping Ambulance (I'm german)

Greetings from Germany! Long time listener, first time singer. I really love how you guys sing about my favourite video games and donate all the money you make to a good cause! So let's kick cancer's butt and save the animals!

>anons leave for irc
>the ones left in the thread are huge assholes
guess this is the last /v/ the musical i'm going to be part of

>anons leave for irc
What did he mean by this?

>implying anyone wants to be part of the shadowcouncil kindergarden that is the IRC chat

"Haha look at those imbeciles in the thread, can't believe we are working with them. Haha so glad we aren't part of this scum."

If you are really annoyed by a bunch of trolls trying to stirr up salt I am glad that this will be your last musical

>victim blaming