/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Make a new fucking thread edition.
Previous Kickass Homebrew: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 20] Notehax, a userland exploit, released. mrnbayoh.github.io/notehax/
[Sep 12] ntrboot compatible with r4igold.cc and AR DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS, a new theme manager. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Oct 2] Pegaswitch released, switchhax framework, OFW 3.0 required reswitched.tech/octrelease
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, expands multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Sep 21] Nintendont now supports the Wii U gamepad. There's also a forwarder channel that allows injecting Wii and GC VC. gbatemp.net/threads/483007/page-56#post-7578188

>Vita
[Oct 2] VitaShell 1.75 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/
[Sep 22] NoNPDRM 1.1 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
-More info pastebin.com/ELptKruf (embed)
[Sep 17] psvgamesd released. Creates complete dumps of cartridge games github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd
[Sep 4] Adrenaline 6 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

If I did anything wrong, or anything's outdated, next time you should make a new thread before I get impatient enough to do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng
mega.nz/#F!u81lyLYa!LCjbGRZO6nRe7OFV58o9Gg
wololo.net/2017/10/06/piracy-publicly-begun-ps4-1-76-no-hack-sight-recent-firmwares/
3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)
3ds.guide/finalizing-setup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3.61+ in 5 hours

Hey guys does anyone what the best way to play GBA games on cfw 3ds is currently?

mgba

AKSHUALLY, it's in 299 minutes.

I have an O3DS with Luma on 11.2.0-35U and for some reason an emuNAND on 10.7.0-32U. My account and games didn't transfer over to my Luma sysNAND for some reason, and it's all stuck on the emuNAND.

I also have an N3DSXL on 11.4.0-37U that I want to install CFW on. I have a legit copy of Four Sword on my O3DS on the emuNAND. I do not have a flash card.

Is there anything I can do to hack my N3DS?

I've attached a screenshot of my SD contents, to hopefully aid in the process.

How the fuck do I wipe my sysNAND? It's preventing me from updating to b9s and I can't access any of the shit I have on my emuNAND

Is there any updated cheat software vita other than that tranny rincheat?

you already know the answer

thanks boy ;)

Is SSS not in the titlekeys yet?

WHY DID YOU LET THE THREAD DIE GUYS. I WAS LONELY WITHOUT YOU

tfw

>cakes

He is lying, CitrAGB is the only acceptable way of running GBA.

Yes, user. cakes. I started with cakes, and I never really cleaned up my SD, because I'm not entirely sure what to delete and what to keep, so I just resigned to keeping everything.

What you lurking for now?

Reminder updating isn't worth it. Loosing all library built up from release to 3.60 isn't worth just a few 3.61+ games.

Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.

The Vita pastebin is gone. I haven't done Vita stuff since MaiDumpTool was released, what have I missed? We have 1:1 now?

I have a 3DS with Luma 11.3 and A9LH. I want to buy a New 3DS XL. When I changed from rxTools to Luma I didn't inject my previous emunand and just began fresh. My last emunand backup is 10.6

Can I still inject it into my sysnand for the sake of having Four Swords back? For the transferhax.

>Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.
Not that I'm going to update but please don't delude yourself.

I feel like you've been blinded by the light. It's still there.

Somebody please help, I'm fucking retarded and this is holding me back
At the very least how do I switch to booting from the emunand? it isn't just doing it automatically

My n3ds is on 11.2 with a9lh and luma 6.3.1
can I update to 11.6 without anything breaking?

actually nevermind I don't wanna update my fw
whats the latest luma I can update to while still on a9lh?
>github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

it is gonna happen eventually though. not soon, but someday

The "virtual console" CIA of the game you want from here.

mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng

Install it with FBI

???

Have fun

>it is gonna happen eventually

fuck me updating luma didn't fix anything
alright back to my original question...
>My n3ds is on 11.2 with a9lh and luma 6.3.1
>can I update to 11.6 without anything breaking?

Anyone here can hook me up with a few nus3bank files from Smash for Wii U? (the smashcustommusic site only has custom loops of the songs)

Yes

Reminder that 3.61+ vita anigaymes are not worth waiting for.

probably, but why would you update to 11.6, and not update to b9s and 8.1? if you're already on 11.2, and want to be mister contrarian that doesn't use the latest luma, you might as well stay on 11.2.

Do these work perfectly?

It's native hardware my dude

3ds.guide is telling me I need GodMode9.bin since I have A9LH, but the only thing in the .zip archive is GodMode9.firm. Where do I get the .bin file?

update Luma to 7.05, that's the last version to support a9lh
but really, just update to b9s you lazy fgt

look for an older version of GodMode9, a9lh is no longer supported

EOV out yet?

5 hours

only the chinese one (sorta) works with nonpdrm

>soldered wires to my o3ds to hardmod
>get the blue screens
>sd reader shows up in windows but doesn't see anything in it
>same with microsd reader
How likely is it that I fucked up somewhere instead of the readers being incompatible

Yes

And here's the link. t-thanks to a user from the EO general.
mega.nz/#F!u81lyLYa!LCjbGRZO6nRe7OFV58o9Gg

luma is garbage

Post your shitty soldering job

is this jpn or usa

I'm no expert but I think it's fine, is it not?

What do the things in the brackets mean like [DR] and [GENERALIS]?

Usa

eu when?

>Usa
oh shit today is a good day cheers everyone

Four hours

Trying to follow the sd2vita guide on Wololo. Where it says move ux0:tai to ur0, my vitashell keeps crashing.
Is this normal or did I break it?

Are there anyone who bought sd2vita on aliexpress? Which seller sells the best one?

>Bought Pokken Tournament DX, updated my Switch to 3.0.0 then immediately returned it

I haven't used my 3DS in a few months but I pulled it back out for Samus Returns. the battery in it was fucked so I had to order a new one from Nintendo. Then I updated to boot9loader and the latest luma3DS. One of these changes is causing my camera to crap out. If I open the camera from the homescreen it stays blank and says "An error has occurred." and if I try to use FBI to install a cia via QR code it says:
>Error while capturing camera frames.
>Result code: 0xF9602FEF
>Level: Fatal (31)
>Summary: Internal (11)
>Module: I2C (11)
>Desc: No data (1007)
Does this mean anything to you guys?

Is that giant solderglob next to the 1 supposed to be there? is the orange cable connected enough? That side seems to be worse.

reboot device, hold select on powerup, tell me which version of luma you are running.

Orange is on there super hard, I don't wanna yank on it in case the pad rips off but it doesn't flex or show any signs of a bad connection. Green is also on very well. I don't see any shorts and clk is on the other side of the board and I really don't want to disassemble and reassemble for a picture, but I assure you it's on there nicely.
By the glob of solder you mean the one on the right? That was there from factory and it's to hold down whatever component is under the SD reader.

Maybe someone who did the hardmod himself can take a look and see the actual problem (if there is one with your soldering)

I'm on 8.1.1, updated to it this morning.

Yeah I'm hoping someone who has done a hardmod and had issues/knows his shit can comment on it. Here's a picture of the motherboard for reference, though I doubt it's the soldering so I think I have to go and buy a verified sd reader.

which version of FBI are you running? did you update it when you moved up to luma and b9?

It actually is they just don't upload it.
When you compile it you get loads of variations.

That's right, I did update it. It's on 2.4.12 at the moment.

whats a good game to play with cheats?

has the release date even been announced yet?

oh shit, did EOV leak?

Is there anywhere I can download Flipnote 3D 1.0.0? I've been advised that the eShop download will automatically load the latest and notehax-incompatible version.

did you really need to do that? I thought the requirements were just 3.0.0 or lower, similar to the vita.

Better off being on the highest firmware possible so you can play the most games available as we don't know if spoofing will be possible.

My O3DS gives the same error. However, I opened it up to change the analog and that *may* have damaged the camera circuit, or at least I forgot to reconnect it.

So it begins. Up until now, every 5 hour meme has become reality eventually. Screenshot this. It's the 10th of October 2017. It took ___ days/hours to achieve 3.61+ on the PS Vita.

Need some help guys

I'm able to boot into emuNand w/o issue, but when I try to boot into sysNand, I get an error

Why the fuck can i boot into emuNand but not sysNand?

Using latest Luma8.1.1 and i was updating from RXTools to b9s

How did i possibly fuck up to the point where i can't use sysnand but i can use emunand?

If you're on b9s you shouldn't even have an emunand. Did you set the Luma options to autoboot sysnand?

Yes I had it to boot into sysnand but it wasn't working

I changed it to autoboot emunand after the fact and emunand still works

I was updating from RXTools to b9s. I never updated to a9lh

Did you follow the guide from step 1?

Yes and everything up until trying to boot into sysnand worked fine and w/o issue

>tfw the us version of fire emblem warriors will leak before i get the japanese version to work

slight update*

I'm able to enter safe-mode, so clearly there's some hope.

did you try anything out of the trouble shooting guide that is clearly listed at the end of the move EmuNAND part?

If you're sure b9s is installed and working then I guess you could update. If it were me I'd use Godmode to install an emunand backup over the sysnand as you already know that works. Only problem is you'd be confused as to which nand you're actually booting into then until you removed the emunand off the SD card.

I was never even planning on touching emunand, I was just gonna keep both sysnand and emunand still. But no, I did not.

I never got to the portion in the tutorial that installs godmode unfortunately, otherwise I would've tried that before posting here

wololo.net/2017/10/06/piracy-publicly-begun-ps4-1-76-no-hack-sight-recent-firmwares/
>Kiwidog, a long time member of the PS4 scene, has stated on reddit that he knows of 3 PS4 kernel exploits compatible with firmware 5.00. As is the case often with these kinds of exploits, the ownership of the exploits seems fuzzy and/or it is unclear if any hacker intends to release them.
Why are we so cucked bros?

Also I appreciate the help, guys. I did this on my N3ds and had no issues whatsoever, though on my n3ds i was updating from a9lh and not rxtools. Really quite curious why this isn't working on my o3ds.

Because faggots would rather bitch about who takes credit when the only important thing is just getting the fucking sploit out there

how far did you get
if you didn't even get to the godmode part then you're supposed to get a black screen
please reread the guide before asking questions

I got here: 3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)

Literally the very last step of ^

Godmode is in the final step: 3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

it looks fine to me, as long as you are sure that orange wire is totally secured
also if you are using the CLK from the front of the board be careful when closing the 3DS, mine was hard to close and i decided to use the one of the back to prevent straining the touch screen

If I'm using sd2vita as ux0, what do I do with NoNpDrm? Does it still go in ux0 and I edit the config in ur0?

>If you get an error, just continue the next page
can you read

put all tai related shit into the tai folder
which is in ur0
games still go to ux0 obviously

I literally can't continue to the next page, hence the issue.

I literally can't boot into sysNand

That was my second guess., Thanks nigga, you a cool dude.

Neat, someone who has actually done it.
Did you use a generic card reader or did you order one of the 'verified' ones?

i used a generic one, though i wired the male pin connector directly to the SD reader pins, instead of using a mircoSD converter since my computer wasn't liking the converter either

You mean soldering to a microsd -> sd adapter gave you issues? If that's the case I'll try soldering directly to the reader as well.
Thanks for the input

what do you think does 'continue with the next page' mean
like all the steps from prep work to moving emuNAND don't even require you to boot into sysNAND

>In this case, we use Luma3DS by AuroraWright to boot a patched SysNAND directly, allowing us to completely bypass the need for any kind of EmuNAND

>we use Luma3DS by AuroraWright to boot a patched SysNAND directly

yes, that's what i mean, also it was harder to solder since microsd pins are closer to one other