/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

All Origins Best Origins Edition

Previous thread:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/swen-vincke-on-the-future-of-divinity-original-sin-2-and-the-pros-and-cons-of-open-development/
youtube.com/watch?v=ikUr-aS67ME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sebille has regular neck
No.

Lucian did nothing wrong

What are your hopes for future content?

>Fane in the team
>Aero in use but not by Lohse
>Red Prince not leading from the front
>Sebille smiling
Shit art, fucking fanfic tier bullshit.

Hope is more like hype

> pcgamer.com/swen-vincke-on-the-future-of-divinity-original-sin-2-and-the-pros-and-cons-of-open-development/

>You've mentioned the patch, however what does Larian have planned in the long run for Divinity: Original Sin 2?
>"We have a couple of things that are in the works but we'll only announce them when we're ready. There's stuff coming, for sure."

>To that end: It's early days yet, but I assume the success of number two means we're in line for a Divinity: Original Sin 3, 4 and 5?
>"[Laughs] We have a couple of surprises planned. But we're going to work on the patch just now, then we're going to work in silence for a little bit so that we can get our shit together and then… yeah, I'm pretty sure there will be at least one big surprise in there."

I'm 100% there'll be some Malady content, Zandalor involvement (he's even in concepts), and a lot of lizard Empire content, since there are so many hints on it in-game.

>Spec Red Prince with Warfare and Pyormancy
>get every relevant ability
>Demon
>Executioner
>Torturer
>just Shield Throw all the time

Why is this ability so much more powerful than laser beams made of fire?

Daily reminder that Fane is a meme character and any player who thinks playing as an Autistic Skeleton is the best way to experience the story first hand should probably just get a refund.

Fused Sourceress Sisters when?

Because ridiculous scaling with Shield's armor.

Daily reminder that Morte is a meme character and any player who thinks playing with a smack talking Skull is the best way to experience the story first hand should probably just get a refund.

I'm thinking I might play an Origin character my next playthrough, a two-man lone-wolf run.

I think Ifan is the most fitting protag and I like him as a companion currently. The question is, who would be his most fitting partner?
T b h, I think Lohse would be the perfect partner for him. They seem like they would be good to romance with each other, their natural skills complement each other, and it gives me vibes of how Divinity OS1 starts you with two human characters.

The most fitting protag is a non-origin protag.

Inb4 they nerf it so it doesn't deal damage, it just destroy phys armor.

Lohse is a pretty good match.

Did you even read what he wrote?

I did. He's playing a non-origin protag in his first playthroug. And I'm saying that's the most fitting protag.

I know you're probably after a Romance but the most fitting partner for Ifan story and theme-wise would be Beast. Ifan is played super straight to the rugged mercenary on a mission trope for a for a lot of the game and there's no way he's bringing along the loud, prone to exploding into a demon at any moment musician with him over say - a seasoned revolutionary leader and ship captain. Heck Ifan probably has more sympathies with Sebille seeing as how he's admire her skills in combat and has an elf-boner.

So you knowingly responded to his question with an unrelated dead-end comment? Okay

I guess.
I have I don't have Lohse or Beast in my current party and I don't really like Sebille. People here keep saying Lohse is a good and interesting character.
Also, doing a two man run with Ifan and Beast is kind of gay, isn't it?

How much warfare are you talking? What kind of stat allocation?

If your pyro spells aren't doing enough damage your build probably doesn't have enough int. If you really want to keep warfare just leave two points in it for skills and equip a staff. Warfare skills get int scaling with staves and sparking swings + whirlwind with a fire staff is pretty good.

Does the new patch introduce any new bugs/issues? Haven't updated yet, just want to avoid breaking my game.

>already learned the name
>return there to learn the name
>can't say I already learned the fucking name

WTF
I think it was with the tree, but this is pathetic.

>first time playing any Divinity game
>Just 3 hours into Divinity: Original Sin 2
>some dude comes in my game for the first time
>oh sweet
>just takes control of my red prince pawn and starts throwing firebombs
>can't kick him
>reload the previous save about 4 times
>still in my game throwing firebombs at people
>just exit the game this time
>load latest same which was 1 minute before he joined so I lost nothing
>look on community hub
>apparently the community it more toxic than a console CoD game
>apparently you people don't save game freq so you lose lots of progress

The fuck are you all, autists?

Only new bug I've encountered is reactive shot when used by ranger enemies is way too strong. Larian changed the skill to actually scale and to do instant damage on use but apparently didn't take enemy stats into account when testing it so I've had ranger enemies one shot my entire party through their phys armor before with it.

How badly did Chicken Form and Bone Widow get nerfed? I enjoyed both of those spells.

Only if you make it gay user - you can have a play-through without knocking socks with another character and everything still feels just as involving and important

Ifan and Beast are two rugged, getting-along-in-years soldiers who've got shit to uncover related to their former lives If you had to take bets on which two characters would hang out post-game it'd likely be Ifan and Beast sharing a beer in some rowdy tavern somewhere.

>playing co-operative games with randoms
>playing RPG games with randoms, especially RPG games where said randoms can take control of your characters and grief you
You made a huge mistake user

What do I get for killing the heart in nameless? I already had sebille get 'rooted'.

Also, where the fuck is alexander?

Chicken Form's "nerf" is helpful for any situation except for Rupture Tendons. Now the enemy won't run so damn far away from you once you turn them.

One thing I don't understand is that Lucian is still the divine when you meet him.

Does it mean that when if you ascend there are 2 divines?

>encouraged for 49 turns
THANK YOU BASED SLANE

>go to fuck the lizard prostitute
>send Ifan outside to guard the door
>he lets 4 dwarves walk in to rob me while I'm sleeping
worst companion

Kinda meh desu. It would be better if he gave you an exclusive buff and didn't fucking chill your party.

I want to find out what the fuck is up with Malady. She seems like a big fucking deal, but she doesn't really have much story to her at all.

>fuck the lizard prostitue as an undead
>They exclaim "Oh not this again"

Destroying physical armor works for me. Once that goes down its rape time.

By the time you have to ascend he's either dead or has given all of his source-up (in the ending where you lobotomize yourself like that's going to solve anything) so is no longer divine.

Well, here we go.

He doesn't really die in the fight. And it would be pretty stupid of him to have the source sucked out of himself before fighting the Godwoken.

Fuck Carrion Beetles. Their damage/AP, range and armor/health are ridiculous and unbalanced for the level bracket you'd meet them at. Factor in that fucking Menat nigger and the arena and it's easily one of the poorest designed fights I've ever seen in a game.

nothing came of it though if you read more than 4 lines in. I just exited the game then loaded up a save I logged 1 minute before he joined

>Bloodmoon Isle
>Demon in Chains
>Decide to free her
>She uses Arrow Storm
Nice

Unchain your party and put 3 members on the high ground. If you have teleport you can even approach her from the highground on the right.

I've got some guy as a pawn and he wants to bail fort joy. Can I continue without giving him mind so I can explore more or is he going to scream at more or something?

How does the pawn system in this game work? Are they basically like slaves?

You drive a hard bargain and now I'm starting to reconsider the two-man aspect altogether and have Lohse and Beast, and may as well give Sebille a genuine chance to warm up to.

>Leave me alone, I'm trying to solve this crime
"I already solved it and collected the reward."
>There's just no way I can win...

fucking owned

You can make them all survive. Just need to do Dallis fight with all of them.

I don't want to use any boners, how rare are lockpicks?

Also how many civil points do you end up with? Thinking about going all in Lucky Charm on my main to start(relying on a high stat), and then putting points into persuasion afterwards.

What's the least technically demanding window setting? FullScreen,Windowed, or Fake Fullscreen?

REEEE I need 1k exp for level 8 and I've killed just about everything in Fort Joy. I'm going to have to start murdering innocents. I need that exp.

I think they didn't plan for you murdering everyone while they were knocked out on the boat.

Should I give Tarquin the sword or is there more to this?

Not all innocents give XP.

Lohse would probably get along well with Beast and co. in a group if that's any consolation - Beast is big on Sea Shanties and Tavern Songs. Sebille's story is actually pretty good once you get past her edge and it's not a terrible romance path either as long as you don't mind a touchy-feely and quite aggressive lover.

Not at all rare. There's lots to loot or buy all over the place and you can also combine Nails with a Hammer to make 4 of them.

Dear god, does anyone have some tips/builds for tactician mode? I went from face rolling everything on my classic playthrough to every encounter being a slaughter on tactician.
Aside from some polishing on the clearly unfinished quests currently in the game, I think we're most likely to see some Malady content and lizard empire stuff. Malady's whole story is essentially one big xpac set up, and there is a ton of lizard concept art/assets that are barely used.

>want to see what this is all about
>don't want to fuck the lizard myself
>send Ifan

ahhahah best mate

>rollplaying
Kill yourself you sad cunt.

>Join random games when I'm bored
>Kicked by everyone that knows how to kick someone
>Everyone else removes me from their party in an attempt to make me go away
>One guy even kicked me from the party and then started attacking his own Red Prince

Some mouthbreathers playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 are so stupid, They don't even know how to make their game private, It just wastes my time clicking on their shitty game. It's honestly not surprising you've run into idiots.

Fullscreen tbqh farmilia

I'm not even roleplaying I just prefer not to kill non-hostiles in case they're needed later.

Imagine being this mad over how someone else plays the game lmao.

Ok I'm in the spoonfeeding mood so hit me with what you got user - I'll even give you tips if you want to make a dreaded hybrid team or something.

Where have you got up to in Tac so far and what's your goal in mind for the team build-wise?

Obligatory intro info - the hardest part of Tactician and the biggest jump is always the beginning of Fort Joy thanks to scarcity of resources and how you have to do things in a particular order to make them manageable unless you're hard out cheesing every encounter.

Doing Lone Wolf. Me (Tempest) and Loshe. Honestly, the witch isn't the issue, I cut her down in one turn because Tempest is kind of unbalanced. The issue is that whoever gets stuck in the pit talking gets fucked by those bugs and their ridiculous Coagulated Blood. Even worse is that if you try and relocate or regroup they just get a free teleport that still allows them two attacks. It just ain't right; either they get the teleport and ONE attack (corresponding AP allotment) or they get no teleport and two attacks with very slightly reduced range.

On top of all that, there's the Diseased debuff that you have absolutely no way of dodging for some reason. So if you want to Bless whoever got the kiss, you're fucked for Source Points and DoP is out of the question for the rest of the fight (not that it'd save anyone). I was kind of skeptical of people talking about NPCs constantly "nothing personnel"-ing you in text, but now I'm starting to see how annoying this shit is. You're telling me I just let that hoe saunter up to me? Bullshit. It's even worse when you're a skeleton because it raises all sorts of questions like how the fuck bugs can sting me or how she's kissing me or any number of "I'm a fucking skeleton"-related inconsistencies.

It's not an impossible fight, but god damn is it poorly made. There's like...one and a half or two too many parts to it. Like remove Menat or reduce the amount of bugs or remove one of the ledges. One reduction and the fight feels better.

fucking jews all of you.

So can you actually do anything other than tell Fara that her daughter Erma is dead? A little research seems to hint that the child has been taken away by the lizard waiting for Atusa. Is there actually any way to resolve the quest?

I had no prior experience with Divinity game so I was hoping people would be kewl and play with me but seems like the people who play this game are just as dumb as a the griefers

I'm about to get into this for the first time. What are some essential tips you wish you had known when you first started?

You can avoid the disease if you pick the right options. Something like "I'm not going to leave without Slane's Wand" and she just aggros.

Also you can just get free hits on her if you're not opposed to attacking her without talking to her.

Don't ever post in this general if you need help, people will just mock you and call you a brainlet.

>A little research seems to hint that the child has been taken away by the lizard waiting for Atusa.
No the kid's just dead. The mother is crazy and the child never even got to Fort Joy.

Some people are pretty awesome, Some are incredibly dumb even by normal standards.

About to leave Fort Joy's shanty town either via the lava tunnel or statue exit. I'm running a non-origin human archer (nothing but huntsman skills), Fane as an Inquisitor, Beast as a Rogue, and Red Prince as an enchanter. No idea if they're optimal but they're the origins I didn't party with in my first playthrough. Thinking of giving Beast some metamorph skills, and ill probably have Red Prince drop a point in multiple magic trees that give cheap buffs. Fane seems ok as he is, but I have no idea what to do with my huntsman. I had a pyro/huntsman combo last game and splitting between magic and armor damage seemed pretty poor.

>You can avoid the disease if you pick the right options. Something like "I'm not going to leave without Slane's Wand" and she just aggros.

This is good to know, but I still feel it's mighty silly that there's seemingly only one route to avoid getting kissed in the first place.

>Also you can just get free hits on her if you're not opposed to attacking her without talking to her.

I figured this much, but I didn't really want to roll in without talking first. I'm not speedrunning the game so it'd feel odd to skip dialogue (even when I'm at odds with the actual dialogue).

youtube.com/watch?v=ikUr-aS67ME

Nice video to help first timers. It can be fun to figure some of this out for yourself, but some of it might not be obvious at first.

Somebody said that there's cut content you can see in the editor that was going to let you show the doll to Buddy and he'd sniff out the kid's grave for you. The placement of the guy right next to her makes me think he was a last minute solution thrown in there.

She's waifubait plot device.

allahu akbar

She made a deal with a demon, the master of the Advocate. It's obviously on par with the demon that possessed Lohse or greater. She wants out of the deal because in this universe, deals and names are more ironclad and transcend any other power with the exception of possibly the Divine.

I'm pretty sure she sold her soul in exchange for becoming the best girl; it's pretty obvious.

I did it with 12 barrels. It didn't even scratch more than 60% of his Magic Armor. I'm sorry for the regret you felt.

Literally just ask for a swornbreaker.

Is there a way I can get the camera to be almost perpendicular with the ground or I am going to have to deal with this austistic view?

Dumbass, Adramahlik IS the Advocate's master. Did you ignore Jahan or something?

Huntsman is insanely powerful. Try to get the high ground, The range on your skills basically triple. First Aid becomes a long distance heal. Sky Shot from high ground lets you snipe like a Canadian from 5,000 yards away and Barrage when combined with Elemental Arrows and Enrage giving all 3 Barrage shots 100% crit chance when you eventually get it will create some insane single target burst. I like to put a single point into Scoundrel on my Ranger so i can use The Pawn and Adrenalin

Put points into Warfare on your Ranger. Even if you don't use the skills the increase to physical damage will be a bigger damage boost than any other stat you could be putting stuff into. Pure Ranger is fine, consider splashing a tiny amount into Scoundrel (Adrenaline, C&D), Polymorph (Wings, Invisibility), Warfare (Enrage, Phoenix Dive) or Pyro (Haste, PoM) if you want to sprinkle some utility skills in the build.

Inquisitor works best ignoring INT investment and relying on points in Warfare to increase Necromancy damage since it increases all physical damage.

Don't spread Red Prince too thin, Hydro and Aero have lots of utility spells to cast and pick up some Necro to 1: Cast Blood Rain so Fane can use Blood Sucker in combat and 2: because Necro spells are physical and your team is heavily physical based.

Poly is fine on Rogues but ignore the STR scaling skills and just use the utility from Wings, Invis, Chicken Claw and maybe Spider Legs. Again like your Ranger put points into Warfare even if you're not using the skills because it gives you the most damage per-point of any investment.

>About to leave Fort Joy's shanty town either via the lava tunnel or statue exit
Both lead to the same area so do one and then the other for the exploration exp, but of course beware the Slugs if you don't have Pet Pal and are just going to walk past them.

Naked boneman brawl with bone widow summon was my absolute highlight of the game.
Was disappointed when they mcguffined their way out of the companion sex scenes by giving you skin.

There is a button that does that so its a top down view

I forgot what it is, look in the options

O. Press O.

There's some weird lines on that that either imply the advocate is a free agent/bookkeeper working for various denizens of Nemesis or Larian changed their mind on this topic multiple times during development.
In any case, malady seems to be bound in a contract with another entity than either Adrahmahlik or the advocate.

This game's fucking quest logic is bananas sometimes.

>get robbed by Lohar's goons
>they say to take it up with Lohar
>can't tell them I'm working for him
>go down to Lohar, pick my stuff up
>can't tell him I was robbed by him

>find grave of a dead trader
>already met trader's companion, it was obviously him
>turn into elf, eat leg, receive memory of him being murdered by his companion
>can't confront the guy about it

These quests feel unfinished as fuck.

Should I tell Malady that we're allies, or will that fuck me over eventually? I remember Meistr Siva told me not to honor some deal she had with Malady.

Malady is /ourgirl/

Meistr Siva a bitch, smacking her to death with her painting is canon.

As I took it, Malady was consulting with the Advocate to try to get out of a deal with another demon.

Replacement of this armor system
Some RNG of enemies in engagements including stats, skills and placement
More options for parties by balancing out weak stuff like duel wielding
Ability to reforge items, more item choices, ability to convert effects from one weapon to the next, ability to change elements of weapons
Spells that buff weapons, turning their physical damage into the magic you buffed with

O is that what it is

That's what I got from it too, but between Meistr Siva's dialogue, the bearded dude that delivers fish to the Doctor and Malady herself both at Bloodmoon beach and the boat later (I had Lohse as a companion, so that may have triggered some different dialogue) I remember that there were some lines in slightly different intonation that kinda flip-flopped on the issue.

I'll have a look at that on my next playthrough.

How can I get into the basement of the Fishery in Driftwood if i cant lockpick my way in there?

>he survives after this
HOW
This is the strongest plot armor I've seen in the past few months.

Because the more we play the more we realize this was rushed

Resurrection scroll

You have every fucking reason to believe that Malady is going to fuck you at some point.

And she doesn't. Ever. What Garreth said about her is completely true, she is unambiguously 100% on your side; whatever her problem is, she is utterly and wholly banking on your help to get her out of it. At the very final hour you can fuck her over and in the ending she will STILL take care of your drooling invalid ass.

She's too fucking perfect to be real. She's pretty much Morrigan 2.0.