>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD (embed) (embed)

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed) (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed) (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

previously

DOES THE SPIDER BOSS HAS A SMITHING TEXT? PLEASE RESPOSND THIS IS IMPORTANT

>big skellies and onis are the easiest yokai to deal with
>both get a new move in wotw
>oni's is a butt smash that's shit and still easy to avoid
>skellies gets the biggest fuck you attack among literally all mobs

No, yokai don't have smithing texts in the base story, if you want to farm then you do it for smithing materials.
Only humans and humans-turned-yokai have smithing texts.
This is not true for 1.06 missions and beyond.

the most frustrating thing about Oni's butt smash is it magically transfers the damage from behind hitbox as soon as the animation begins, even though it's back is still clearly facing you.

Ginchiyo may be best girl, but I bet Maria is a freak in the sheets

well nue has one for 2kats

also is there any complete list for smithing texts somewhere ? google just link me to reedit posts from months back

>damaged and used goods
>best

I fucking hate the Raven Tengus. They just don't give a fuck about you.

oh shit just saw the op , is that list full updated?

and no weak points

They just punish greed, they have massive counter windows and windup.

there's absolutely jack shit for resources for this game and it's kind of annoying. General was absent for a long time. The wiki is way too incomplete. There should be a complete up to date reforge list with what skills conflict each other, but it will probably never exist.

you just stay away until they're done spinning and attack their back, or catch them when they land if they come from the air.
I also think they're stupidly easy to inflict confusion on compared to other enemies.

Did you read my whole post before replying? Specifically this part:
>This is not true for 1.06 missions and beyond.
Nue only drops the text in side mission added in 1.06 after the main story.

They have way to much health and you no weak points or ways to punish them.
>hit twice
>evade spin
>ad infinitum

>no weaknesses
Sloth absolutely destroys them. If you get hit by a tengu with sloth on, you're playing wrong. Yes, I know, I know sloth helps in most cases anyway, but especially with these buzzards. Found that out after I inflicted one with Lightning status and realized how fucking easy they get when they're slowed to a near halt.

Pcfags will fill in the gaps. They'll be able to data mine too. I don't even have a computer good enough to play modern videogames but I'm excited to see what cut content is there.

I want to fight something on battle of strength

I wanna fight a Crit LW user, any volunteers?

They learned from us, Spin to Win was too strong.

What does Mind Control talisman work on?

try them out then

>Shima Sakon was actually killed by Kuroda's riflemen
top kek

BULL'd

If it isn't encrypted

>date masamune doesn't speak gratuitous
engrish

half expected some spanish thrown in there. also, is maria's voice actor the same when she speaks in japanese and spanish? i feel like they're different VAs for the different languages.

You don't NEED any of these resources until NG+ where it's SURPRISE NOW THE STATS MATTER WAY MORE THAN YOUR SKILL GET GRIND, FAG

>invincible bridge nigger fight gets a raven tengu accompaniment in WotStrong
get fucked koei

That's never a problem. Besides people have already hacked nioh savegames like this, which are encrypted.

Their weak point is dodge left and attack twice ad infinitum. They're seriously fucking annoying though, like half of the enemies in this game.

Deplete his Ki near the edge and LW activation will knock him off 100% of the time. He also gets some elemental heads at 50% health.

just got to WotD
does a star skill have to be on weapon when it drops, or is it possible to reforge or inherit it onto it at this point?

His movesets are off. I can't parry him for free llike I can parry every other axe nigger.

LW is required? lol

It's not required, it's just that he has the scummy human AI that lets him escape falling off ledges even if he's out of stamina but LW seems to properly push him off and ignore the ledge animation.

Yeah they have to be on the weapon when you get it, like locked skills. They're never inheritable or forgeable. Though I think the coop glitch lets you write them onto other weapons but I don't know anything about it.

So if I'm using the Kigetsu armor, does stuff like rage and summer twilight count as debuffs? I noticed you get a tradeoff when you use them. like, increased attack but more ki damage taken etc.

>tfw finding out all you need to trivialize sanada and masamune is improvise projectile for cannons

If this works on Maria then I'm pretty much set for the rest of the game.

It works with carnage and leeching as far as I'm aware, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with weapon buffs too.

Sweet. I should start defiling once I hit floor 30? I'm at 22 right now

It's up to you, but it costs a gorillion amrita to defile anything decent so I'd just wait until after floor 30.

>spend 40-50 tries on Hino-Enma and Nue
>toast Umi Bozu in under five

Magic/Spirit builds were not a mistake

Fashion is hard to make, you should be able to see changes to your character in the refashion menu itself.

this would make life so much easier

i'd love to keep doing different fashion setups but right now it's so clunky to refashion and check everything piece by piece it's not gonna happen

Battlewise is best set after Youngblood/Veteran

>meant for older warriors and Bill is around 47 by the time of Osaka
>got feathers on its back, representing Saoirse probably
>No clan markings
>has the shoulderbelt
>actually looks like it gives your limbs freedom of movement.
>isn't overly designed (then again a lot of the armor sets aren't)

I always liked using Vassal's without the helmet and carrying one of the five legendary 1kats. Makes me feel like Samanosuke Akechi.

Soulsbabby here seriously considering buying this gaem when I have some disposable income. Is it actually "souls like" or is it just a meme? Also because I'm borderline retarded when it comes to learning new things, will I have a hard time learning basic gameplay mechanics?

It's soulslike in that it has periodic checkpoints that you revive at and you have to reclaim your experience from a grave. Other than that, it's far more like Diablo with a pretty deep action combat system.

The only souls-like things that come to mind are shrines that act like bonfires, the camera, stamina gauge (averted by Ki pulse and enemies having stamina as well) and a sprinkling of the combat.

There's a tutorial mode in the dojo as well. I will say, don't worry about like builds and forging/reforging/soul matching on your first playthrough. It's so easy to respec so just try a little of everything and see what takes your fancy

Also, if our resident whiny soulsbab nue-user can get good enough to beat the real casual filter boss in just a few tries, you should be fine

Is there an in-universe explanation for revivals and bloodstains like in souls? One of my favorite things about those games is that deaths are part of the story, in a sense, rather than just "lol you failed. Reset!"

Also I hear tell the combat is pretty gud. Anything has to be better than roll souls, the r1 spammening

revenants are the angry spirits of the dead, they fit into lore. But revenants which are specifically the william in another players game are not explained in lore. There is no "tiem is distorted in lordran :DD" line that handwaves away the phenomenon.

Yes. The main character has a spirit guardian who bonded with him as a child who allows him to cheat death eternally as long as he believes in her.
His waifu makes him immortal.

oh and william has had his guardian spirit, Saorsie, since he was a wee lad. She resurrects him if he dies and even says something to the effect of "as long as you believe in me you cannot die". This seems to be a unique power of William and his spirit.

William is effectively immortal/undead due to his guardian spirit, a merrow called Saoirse, who lets him basically cheat death as many times as he wants so long as he believes in her. I'm not sure about the bloody graves but they're there as extra chances to get someone else's loot/an extra enemy for the revenant summoner mob to harass you with.
People die in the WORST spots sometimes, I swear

>But revenants which are specifically the william in another players game are not explained in lore. There is no "tiem is distorted in lordran :DD" line that handwaves away the phenomenon.
I thought that too until literally last night. Turns out Danjo explains it if you talk to him enough; the Williams are wandering spirits drifting in and out of the yokai realm that manifest as "the one person you know best - yourself".

I thought those were visitors?

>What do you mean 'at least it was someone handsome'? You flatter yourself too much, Foreigner

Cheeky

neat

Visitors are the only actual William doppelgangers that show up besides Mujina. Every other revenant is the same stringy-haired black-skinned corpse.

Pretty rad y'all. Gonna give it a whirl when some paychecks come in. Been watching a little bit of gameplay and it looks sexy as fuck

I don't know shit about history >1800's. They've said Wirrams story is complete now, what would be a good historical conflict to set the next game in? I like how they established spirits, amrita and yokai as existing outside Japan, so it could be anywhere. Somone mention the Napoleonic wars which mite be cool. I'm sure there are a shitload of historical Chinese conflicts that could work though.

>perma sludge
>locked amrita gauge
>purging
>enemy reinforcements

Is this the holy cross of awful debuffs?

anyone playing this with ssd? big difference for loading times?

probably Boshin war

>when the grace fits the weapon

way of the demon Umi Bozu kicks my ass. Feel free to bully I feel bad about it anyway.
Stage is lvl 450 I think.
Im lvl 268, my Odachi hits 1652 and my defense is 2209, with no notable armor skills-

Am i just terrible, or do I farm Weapons and armor, or levels?

it's faster, but not massively. nioh already has really fast load times, you only notice it with games that have long load times on a normal hdd.

In battlefield 1 I can load into the game sometimes 5-10 seconds faster than everyone else. before they patched it out I was able to take my time choosing whatever vehicle I wanted.

God that armor looks great. Thank god refashioning exists

equip suzaku, spam your guardian spirit talisman and finish it off with LW

nvm did it third time. Seemed impossible at first I swear. fucking WoD

Thanks user, but I'm trying to avoid LW as much as I can.

>avoid LW as much as I can.
you should embrace it, you still got two more difficulties after demon.

How's the fashion in this game? Is there a lot of cool different samurai armors with decorative horns, plates, and masks n shit? Or pretty robes and skirts?

It's pretty good. Theres robes and theres samurai shit. Is okay.

Rad. Damn I am legit fucken hype to start playing soon.

well, if Wise and Nioh really is a LW fest, than I'll just stop playing, it's just the least interesting build I can ever think of. No offense to anyone using it

Yeah, is good game. I am bit disappointed in fashion from 2 and or 3 but its still has its moments. Ih ave yet to get the stuff from the bayss but Ill like to try get it one day. Here is latest.

Here onemore.

still no proper straw hat, this shit is getting ridiculous

What's wrong with the archers hat?

>forge Purple Kusarigama
>Fire +4

It's pretty meh and completely inferior to proper hat Sakon wears. And the worst part Sakon wears the goddamn hat since release, we have a whole fight with hat sakon and not his rope fox and we still cannot get the fucking hat, only some gay head towel toyotomi wears.

is it worth gathering up a full armor/weapon set for your first playthrough? i got some smithing texts for some armor/weapon i'd like to use, but i'm not sure how quickly they will fall out of power and i don't know if i should be burning any money to soul match lower items.

wat

>is it worth gathering up a full armor/weapon set for your first playthrough?
Yes if it doesn't take rares to forge
>how quickly they will fall out of power
Instantly
>burning any money to soul match lower items.
No

>scared tanuki off
>is surprised

>first playthrough

Don't bother. Anything that drops from enemies or revs will do

post you're dudes :^)

I thought they have big balls

No CCD or fami? What kinda build are you running?

>earth damage

ew

it's pretty much a placeholder which ended up being better than my old spear (even though earth doesn't do much), i haven't bothered with proper reforging session and i'm not sure if i even should with that base

good criminey the thread in /v/ went to shit

ded game
ded general

>/v/
>went to shit
So everything went as expected?

yap

in terms of the deeps, is carnage stronger that power pills if we assume both skills have 30 in their respective stats?

do carnage ap scales with magic power? if no rage from axe is better

Yes? Carnage has a negative part for a reason

behold, the man who can technically counter LW builds if he had the AI to allow it makibishi and makibishi balls

>makibishi
>countering lw
u wot

Back when the game only had battle of strength, Makibishi where a hard counter to LW due to the fact that LW's life can get RIPPED by the amount of hits makibishi does and you'd just run the fuck away until it ran out

if you were feeling BALLSY, you'd also throw a makibishi balls to completely shred LW and get a grapple

Don't hit power matters more than just being hit?

>smithing text vraja tonfa
from fukku on abyss