/hg/ - Halo General

#359 - He's Coming for You Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>"Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare" is now available
- Can be purchased for $19.99 individually or included with the Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition
- Includes a new campaign where players take control of the Banished and return to High Charity to combat a flood outbreak on the Ark
- Also includes the new flood-themed survival mode Terminus Firefight, as well as new blitz cards and 37 new achievements

>Halo Recruit "VR Experience":
archive.is/IQt7S

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/happy-birthday-halo-3

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/f/Beef Stroganoff.swf
youtu.be/lVcGjbuwlBs?t=1m57s
youtu.be/tppKE7J-q8U
careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?jid=323160
nzgamer.com/news/10001/gta-online-has-made-over-500m-in-microtransactions.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who thought these were a good idea for halo

I make poost

Choke of the century.

No disrespect to dog but holy hell he's gonna carry that weight

Yeah, the weight of his own voice.

Reminder

*notable /hg/ member* is a shit

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

Hey meme all about it if you want. But I have a lot of respect for him following through with his promise. Plus he has one of the less-irritating voices in /hg/ anyway.
Sucks we didn't get to see the snail though.

Okay but take this anyways.

Does this mean ODST is white suppremasist propoganda?

Such eternal suffering... he really is... the punished dog

BTFO

No, he's the punished dog because of the ban he got from calling a random guy a "faggot."

Fucking REALLY bungie?

Fight for her

th...th......thi..... (drinks glass of water)...th...

Pffffff

i.4cdn.org/f/Beef Stroganoff.swf

>CE is the same age this year as Super Mario Bros was when CE launched

kimochi bad lads

>Started playing CE when I was 10
>that was 14 years ago
jesus fuck where did the time go

We squandered our youth. /hg/ mansion is our only hope now.

WHAT DID TRUTH JUST DO?
DID HE ACTIVATE THE RINGS?

Commander Keyes: Were it so easy.

What did he mean by this?

youtu.be/lVcGjbuwlBs?t=1m57s

Anyone plan on getting the new call of duty? I kinda hate myself for even considering it desu.

nah

No

I hate myself for unironically wanting to play Battlefront 2's single player.

Why? It looks fun.

why did 343 have to supersize the forward unto dawn again

>tfw no ringworld videogame

>WHAT DID TRUTH JUST DO?
>DID HE ACTIVATE THE RINGS?
No, but he dis just render over half the campaign redundant

Good Morning, /hg/

Hey man don't look at me, I've always said it was a dumb complain. Lorefags be damned.

Redundant how?

The entire first half of the game is an attempt to stop Truth before he reaches the ark. Chief could have done nothing and the results would have been the same

The whole plan of pushing through to take down Truths ship is pointless because he gets away with it anyway

Good morning m8

Yeah but it's made by Dice. Their campaigns are usually short and shit

>there are six sides to a die

Six sides...?
Oh.
God Damn it user

youtu.be/tppKE7J-q8U
Reminder to stop using air units in HW2. They're terrible.

I love how this is the premiere HW2 channel and they can't even break 50 likes per video.

>MCC is 3 years old

I read that DVR clips will have a 4K/60 option with the Xbone X but do you think it will work with a 1080p screen?

Holy fuck I fucked up those dates. I meant 2012 and 2014

Well since you deleted your post now nobody knows what youre talking about

It was a reply to saying:
Mainstream Halo died in 2010
Remotely popular Halo died in 2013

Oh ok. I can see why he changed it then.
2010 makes no sense because Reach was still popular enough and nothing notable even happened in 2013.

>he doesn't have legend

Getting AC origins

WE

careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?jid=323160

No.
Fuck the current AAA market.
Just gonna stick with Halo 5 until the next game and on the side play stuff like cuphead, Mania, and other indie projects.

>we need someone to make more use of microtransactions
FUCK. THIS. COMPANY.

>You should also have a deep understanding of the ways human decision-making can affect, and be affected by, the sort of economies found in video games.

fuck blizzard for starting this in-house psychologist meme

Halo is dead

>Minimum Qualifications: Graduate degree in Economics or Behavioral Economics
The fucking state of this country's education system where you need a master's degree just to work on videogames. In the 90s, most programmers were either college dropouts or people who didn't even attend a university to begin with.
Just wait, in 15 years anything below a Doctor's will be useless.

Pretty good taste, Paul.

To be fair, you can get around most of the qualification bullshit in almost every field if you just know the right people.
90% of getting a good job is networking.

This. My cousin graduated with a 3.8 and doesn't even put the GPA on his resume anymore because his references that he's built up are all that matters.

>tfw only 3.3 GPA, with less than a year to go and don't see it improving that much before graduation but Dad is friends with the VP of the company I want to apply to
Do you think I could get away with leaving it off?

Eh, for your first job out of college, you should probably leave it on there unless it's REALLY fucking terrible (under 3.2)
An employer is going to want to look at your most recent experience and since that's college in your case, he/she is going to want to see your grades.
You're on the cusp with a 3.3 so I'd say leave it on and hope your Daddy connection can carry you. If you get the job, secure that VP as a reference then you can take the GPA off for future interviews down the road.

>it's class based
What

So I'm sure the answer is NO but given maybe. Has Anyone played HGrena in anyway lol?

I'm downloading it today

I did. But only by myself. I honestly think it's pretty memetastic. Would be willing to get drunk and play it some timw.

>blizzard
Nan, it became a thing with mobile games and GTA online: nzgamer.com/news/10001/gta-online-has-made-over-500m-in-microtransactions.html

Competitive and Ranked are one and the same though? No option for Social play or Customs? I guess the only ones I can pick are first person, co-op and themes, no real multiplayer option for me and that's the main problem for me. Its designed from the ground up to be competitive garbage and muh esports so it doesn't translate well outside of that.

Multiple gametypes could mean anything, warzone, assault, swat etc.

This
I actually think Mass Effect 3 was the first time I saw it show up in a AAA game

I remember that. It was a... different implementation I wasn't used to, but I unironically really liked the ME3 multiplayer so I didn't mind it

Spartan Strike guy here, just giving an update to all who are interested

Apparently if you are on windows 10, the game will not detect keyboard input. You need to have some other way to play it, with a usb keyboard or controller maybe

So now I have a game in my library that can't be played

How can it be this hard for one of the biggest tech corporations in the west to make a distribution platform?

The Windows 10 Game store/interface is a fucking disaster

Wasn't Big Red's tournament supposed to start yesterday?

>After discovering the problem, I look at all the reviews this game got
>For every 1 star rating that stated this issue, there seemed to be 10 other 4-5 star ratings with none of them saying what the problem with this game was

I thought 'Being a shill' was a meme until today.

>Wasn't Big Red's tournament supposed to start yesterday?
We had a whopping total of 4 attendees, so what I'm going to have to do is target/ask people more specifically, just like always.
Sometimes you just have to do everything yourself...
Also I'm not in the discord so I have no way of knowing if the other person helping run it posted information/asked people to join.

>Also I'm not in the discord so I have no way of knowing if the other person helping run it posted information/asked people to join.
Nobody has posted anything of the sort

Have the 2v2 tournament later. Start planning the next Halofest.

next halofest when

Whatever. I can maybe hold his feet to the fire a little more. He's a gud boi, he was probably just busy with some irl shit and forgot.

>Halofest
Eh, IDK
Let me mull it over. I don't want to piss anyone off.

Anybody that you've pissed off is not going to stop being pissed off. People who want to play again will show up. The best you can do is to start planning the next one and be open about the process as it goes forward, giving detailed updates along the way.

I've never done a Halofest. What's it like?

>I've never done a Halofest. What's it like?
It's pretty comfy.

They're fun, but not without controversy.
The first one was the best and came down to a single kill at the end of the night.
The second was a shutout because Blue Team's best two players ragequit after the secoknd match.
The third was pretty good, even if some of the maps were... let's not do them again. K?
Fourth one apparently has a team draft now, so that will be interesting.

Depends on who you ask.

Alright fine.
Tentative date I'll set as Saturday, Nov 4th. That's the day before daylight savings so we all get an extra hour.

Team drafts are next Friday.
I'll start taking names for those who want in now. Someone post this in the discord.

Worked better as Hunter-esque bosses

Halo 3 was tailor-made for 12 year olds

This is true

Most fun I've had playing halo desu