/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD Project info coming October 23rd
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0vzW9m2wkix
youtube.com/watch?v=vP9Lbdl6t3o
youtube.com/watch?v=jwfUfF5e0bg
youtube.com/watch?v=nStRevc0YrY
youtube.com/watch?v=0zuJv5Yj38E
youtube.com/watch?v=E3HlnVAeloo
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=joH8ba3NVRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VxJzdFtgBoA
youtube.com/watch?v=WmcEsdw4Wks
youtu.be/u6Ghd_6uR1I?t=487
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wjx9w4/a-giant-mysterious-hole-has-opened-up-in-antarctica
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Law is the right path.

Second, for law.

Debisama was probably the first 3D game Atlus made back then, so I believe a lot has to do with that. But hey, there's a whole lot of new demon sprites by Kaneko, redone negotiation system and the story is pretty good.

I don't know why they had to remake the soundfont for the music instead of using assets from the Saturn version, but some tracks sound better on Saturn, yeah. Also, PPSSPP not emulating the sound accurately and sounding like ass doesn't help.

vocaroo.com/i/s0vzW9m2wkix

Still, the PSP version has better UI, is using kanji for item and skill names, is MUCH FASTER in terms of load times, and has a difficulty selection and new optional boss fights.

Don't forget to buy a Back Upper from Konnou-ya.

No wonder she's Kaneko's favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=vP9Lbdl6t3o
youtube.com/watch?v=jwfUfF5e0bg
youtube.com/watch?v=nStRevc0YrY
youtube.com/watch?v=0zuJv5Yj38E
youtube.com/watch?v=E3HlnVAeloo

A world of everlasting peace is all that he wishes, smtg.

Don't you want to see that face smile as it dissolves to nothingness knowing its task is complete?

>>Don't forget to buy a Back Upper from Konnou-ya.
That's PSP exclusive if I remember correctly. It sounded like he switched to the Saturn.

No, but I want to touch its nipples.

>there's a whole lot of new demon sprites by Kaneko
What I still don't understand is why he then redrew half of them for soul hackers. Or changed the palette (and then the soul hackers palette almost alawys looks better despite coming later?)

Don't forget compendium too.

Iirc, it's also in the Saturn version.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that. The compendium was first introduced in the series with Devil Summoner Akuma Zensho, but it's used as a game feature only in the PSP version. Makes fusing the demons you want much easier and faster.

Honest thought on r/megaten?

Too much persona, they're also not very knowledgeable about the series at all.

Honestly? Very shitty.

Capcuck is the worst user on there

To elaborate on this, they all had an epithany the other day when they figured out kaneko wasn't the founder of atlus.

Who believed that kaneko founded atlus anyway?

r/megaten is not very smart.

is DDS the only game where attack lowering debuffs are split into tarunda and makanda?

Obviously not.
>Nocturne
>SMT IV Apocalypse
>Devil Children
>Persona 1
>Persona 2
From the top of my head.

Nocturne and IVA only have Tarunda. You're thinking of the buff Makakaja.

I honestly never noticed it then. I thought if it had a kaja it a kunda as well. That's retarded. Why split kaja into two and then not split the kunda effect?

Giten also had that.

I don't know dude leave me alone go ask Atlus.

This is trash and I love it.

Honest thoughts on the discord server?

Don't.

stupid casualries

in webm form tho

literal cancer. reddit users are the lowest common denominator anyway, but it's particularly painful on /r/megaten. you can't even talk about mainline without getting downvoted, it's a sad situation. I deleted my reddit account and have been much happier since.

But at least sometimes they post useful stuff. Even if it's flooded with abnormous amounts of shitposts.

I never saw a single example of anything useful when I was trying to browse there. The sticky here is 1000x more useful. The only thing I liked about /r/megaten was their 'Game of the Month' thing, to try and get handfuls of their denizens playing the same game at the same time and encourage discussion. Not that it worked because they only talk about Persona 3-5; but the concept is sound.

Oh so those horrible noises that occur in the BGM from time to time are because of PPSSPP?
I switched back actually, the Saturn version is a lot slower in dungeons and battles. It's a tough call choosing between frame rate and music, but I went for frame rate.

They try to emulate Veeky Forums/this general so badly to the point where it actually avoids a lot of the initial problems I have with reddit (hugbox culture, lack of funposting) but then makes a lot of the rest so much worse (arguing over pointless tiny details, celebrities, just being an overall a shitty and uncreative place).

They mix in being stupid with arrogance. It's very easy to tell when one of them posts here. Very unpleasant people overall, they don't seem to get that acting as obnoxious as possible is a way to find cred with the 'cool kids' or whatever.

Shin Megami Tensei: Akuma to no intabyu

Download links:
Win (x86): drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NUmtsZ1J4a2JuWU0/view?usp=sharing

Android (APK): drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNW1MZVRzWXJRdk0/view?usp=sharing

Linux: drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NeU1HNEhLVDFEZVU/view?usp=sharing

Mac: drive.google.com/file/d/0B5x4IU6eF98NNTd5ZFh6SUU4TFE/view?usp=sharing

Full walkthrough stream on Youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=joH8ba3NVRQ

>Oh so those horrible noises that occur in the BGM from time to time are because of PPSSPP?
Yeah, this doesn't occur on real hardware.
youtube.com/watch?v=VxJzdFtgBoA

Also, iirc, that happens only in a few themes:
Title, Otherworld Dungeons 1 &2, Hotel Goumaden, and maaaybe in the Chinatown theme, so it's not that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=WmcEsdw4Wks
Holy shit why would they do this.

"They" didn't do it, that's the fault of PPSSPP. Didn't you read the two posts above you?

So you're saying the musics identical between versions?

The music is the same, but the soundfonts are different. This is especially noticeable in such themes as Boss Battle or Otherworld Dungeon 1. It sounds bad because PPSSPP's emulation of Debisama isn't perfect at this moment.

Or, by the way, speaking of emulation, I did encounter a game crashing bug at Gargantua Q in PPSSPP v1.2.2.

It's possible to avoid this crash by playing on an older version of the emulator (v.1.1.1 worked like a charm for me), but hopefully they fixed it in the newer versions at this point.

1) Use Backupper-M and save your game right before Dr. Thrill's "DEVIL HAZARD" room.
2) Close the emulator and copy folder "memstick" from PPSSPP 1.2.2 to PPSSPP 1.1.1 directory.
3) Run PPSSPP 1.1.1 and load your save file. Now the game won't crash at Gargantua Q fight.
4) After beating Gargantua Q, use Backupper-M and save your game. Copy the "memstick" folder from PPSSPP 1.1.1 back to 1.2.2 directory.

What are your top 3 OST's /smtg/? Mine are SMTIV, DDS1&2 and P1.

In other words,

it's good for your brain

Whatever that means

Devil survivor 2, has the most freshest ost.
The original opening of desu2 is perfection. Too bad it's so short.
The 3ds op is garbage though, even the anime opening is better.

First post best post. May the Lord walk with you brother.

Damn man, you shill this VN everytime. I'd play it if I could go Law.

There are no alignments in the game.

1. SMT4
2. Nocturne
3. DDS1
Also all the tracks SMT4A added are legit fantastic and it probably is my favorite OST in the series overall but since the actual game takes so many tracks from 4 I don't really feel justified as putting it as one of my favorites

1. Majin Tensei II
2. Persona 1 (PSX)
3. Megami Tensei II (FC)

>Have 2 Taunt users
>Have Dekaja on protagonist
>Game immediately becomes x10 more fun

cucksona is the future of smt

I want to fuck that fly.

Stop giving a flying f*ck about f*cking flies.

Stop stealing my lines.

Is there any official art of this guy?

Chie is the best waifu!

Nowhere as good as (You)

>puffs on cig
>ash falls into coffee

Neutrals, more like neutRAUGHS

If anyone has save files or save states for Megami Tensei 2 (Famicom version) can you please upload them for me and let me know at which point they are in the game? Right before bosses is ideal.
I want to add some achievements to RetroAchievements, but rushing through the whole game to find the correct memory addresses is a bit dull.

Why don't we get more of these semen demons now

so do all the persona games take place in the timeline where the hero somehow prevented a nuclear holocaust?

Just finished SMT4A, both Bonds and Massacre (made a save right before the split and just rushed through YHVH's universe 2nd time around)

Really was not that bad, and definitely better than IV. Why does everyone here hate it again?

They couldn't handle the waifus.

High School SwimSuits are boring as fuck, Toki deserved a micro bikini two piece.

>tfw no Isabeau swimsuit

Haven't really played Persona games other than the first one, but according to interviews and in-game references, that seems to be the case. Also, the Hero himself doesn't prevent the Great Cataclysm, it just happens that way.

There's a mentioning of the Hero made by Yawata-sensei, who gives you a COMP in the beginning of the game - he says that he "saw that guy with a husky dog and a stylish PC".

In the beginning of Debisama, if you watch the news at Afro Tea House, there will be a report stating that ambassador Thorman died from a heart attack and commander Gotou was arrested, which prevented the nuclear apocalypse.

In Persona 1, Tamaki from SMT If reappears. There's also Devil Boy, who is a nephew of "T-Shirt" Isono, one of the police officers from Debisama. During the Snow Queen Quest, he mentions that "his uncle is a detective" and wonders if "Yarai-ku district is okay".

In Persona 2, Tamaki reappers once again, and there's also Kyouji Kuzunoha possessing Daisuke Todoroki's body.

School swimsuits are top tier, you uncultured swine

Why devil survivor is left alone? I thought they had some kind of connections related to the snes megaten games

What's the dumbest thing to dicuss in the megaten franchise? The timelines or the power levels?

eh? The DeSu games don't even have connections to each other

Anybody know of a download link for the P4 Arena stageplay? I heard it has subs but can't find it anywhere.

DeSu cannot be in the same timeline as SMT1 and SMT2 since the apocalypse occurred in the early 90's and DeSu seems to take place 20 or so years later. I guess it could be set in the SMTif timeline, but there is nothing that suggests that.

I'm convinced DeSu 1 and 2 aren't even in the same timeline, let alone either of them linked to SMT1 and 2

They aren't, and it wouldn't make sense. Tokyo getting overrun by demons twice legitimately can't happen in any ending of either DeSu1 or DeSu2.

The question should be why ONLY DeSu is on it's own. A lot of connections are pulled completely out of peoples ass. Very few games are oficially connected. Most of this is headcannon.

Alignments and artists

Does Angel from DDS have a penis or does she just have internal testes?

Which is the best Cathedral theme?

SMT1, 3 and the first Devil Summoner

i think they traced part of this for one of the cinematics they added in the PCE version

youtu.be/u6Ghd_6uR1I?t=487
this one in particular

QnA about Deep Strange Journey. Ishida is the one answering. Translation is rough and not fully accurate.

Q: Does Tadano calm himself before exploring the sectors? Like by drinking coffee? A. Tadano is a representation of the player, my Tadano watches doula movies on youtube. Oh but in the Schwatmabob you can't get wifi...
Q: Is there DLC A: Yes
Q: Is there new battle songs A: Yes, two one new one by Shoji one by Konishi
Q: Can I reorganize skills? A: Yes
Q: Will there be a harder difficulty? A: One of the new DLC will be "Impossible" difficulty which makes it impossible to adjust difficulty in game.
Q: Do you have to beat base game to unlock Alex content? A: No
Q: Who's your favorite female crew member? A: Chen
Q: How much time will it take to 100% this game? A: 80-100 hours
Q: Is there end game content? A: - joke censoring answer- Please stay tuned
Q: Although Anthony boasts a cult-like popularity, how is he elite like the rest of this elite group? A: In the situation that the world may be over, I will keep focusing on the boldness of his soul who continues to pursue individual desires, and I think that I am afraid, very afraid. He is a member of the mobility team, but he will not be very capable as a mobility team. Because he can not shoot a woman demon haha!

>Q: Although Anthony boasts a cult-like popularity, how is he elite like the rest of this elite group? A: In the situation that the world may be over, I will keep focusing on the boldness of his soul who continues to pursue individual desires, and I think that I am afraid, very afraid. He is a member of the mobility team, but he will not be very capable as a mobility team. Because he can not shoot a woman demon haha!
Makes me hopeful he will get at least 10 new missions. Even end with one demon.

>Q: Who's your favorite female crew member? A: Chen
Russian puta BTFO

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wjx9w4/a-giant-mysterious-hole-has-opened-up-in-antarctica

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING, GET YOUR PROGRAMS READY BOYS

>impossible difficulty ouroboros
>impossible difficulty maia
>impossible difficulty judge zelenin
>impossible difficulty meme aleph
Oh boy oh boy oh boy

You will worship Zelenin's angelic bare feets.

OH SHIT

Soon, fellow space marines.