/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

autism edition
Previous jej: →

The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AB5ggRbT!1NYt0rOWVJx5UncyoIgqD-xBkLo9fx8EeJ5WIrw38sI
store.steampowered.com/app/358070/Earthtongue/
erichermit.itch.io/earth-tongue
mods.factorio.com/mods/Reika/NauvisDay/discussion/18009
github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_FactorioMods_Issues/issues
sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/things-not-to-say
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for DU bullets

DU bullets are not environmentally friendly.

exactly!

Modded f/egg/torio serb, IP: tm40.nc1.eu:34505
mods:
mega.nz/#!AB5ggRbT!1NYt0rOWVJx5UncyoIgqD-xBkLo9fx8EeJ5WIrw38sI
Delete the todo list mod.

Comfortably entered the late game so there isn't much to stop the autism.

>Starmaden b

what about it?
stop being a faggot

While clicking around Steam I noticed Spess Engies got something about a "campaign". Haven't played since blaneds (:DDD spurdo.png)

Anyone want to give me a quick rundown on what that's about?

Marathon server with sparce resources and all of the biters when?

spengo was trash
then it was trash with bland, but decent tutorial for new players
keen decided that this is unacceptable, people should not know how to play, they removed tutorials
they added cinematic walking simulator instead and called it the first campaign
the worst part is that there isn't more of it, I enjoyed it, even though you didn't have to build since it's introductory to game

Is ecosystem engineering?

>import bug
this looks like keen™ technlogy

What gaem?

Maybe after the remaining eggmen lose interest in this world.

Pretty much this: The old tutorial made you build a ship, refine, craft, etc.
The new tutorial doesn't teach any engineering, you just run around linear levels and shoot shit.

Is Capitalism Lab /egg/?

Not at all

it's in the picture
store.steampowered.com/app/358070/Earthtongue/
erichermit.itch.io/earth-tongue

no its simulation game

boolit is inferior

I think the idea was "this is the new tutorial, part 1 of 10 (or 20)" but they never got around to make them
old tutorial propely had sections for space and blaned mining/building/troubles
and (which is impressive for keen) propely explained conveyors

>bullet vs laser
>not just using every kind of turret with a sushi belt of all types of ammo

Yeah I just did it, it's a mildly amusing little adventure but if I didn't already know most of the controls I'd have learned nothing from it.

Those elevators they built are pretty snazzy though, I could never figure out how to get them to work without CLANGing apart.

Correct gun turret damage:
Gun turret
Speed: 10 * 2.5 = 25
(normal/piercing/uranium)
Damage: 5/8/24 + (5/8/24 * 2.2 * 2.2) = 24.2/38.72/116.16
10 bullets per magazine = 2.5 mag/s
DPS: 605/968/2905 physical damage

Some biters have resistance against physical damage. True DPS for gun turrets is:
S: 0/0%: 605/968/2905
M: 4/10%: 540.9/867.6/2610.9
L: 8/10%: 537.3/864/2607.3
XL: 12/10%: 533.7/853.2/2603.7

Cost for a normal magazine:
Normal magazine:
-At 2.5 mag/s, a continuously firing turret requires 10 iron/s
-On electric mining drills, that's 1.714 MW (10 ore, at 0.525 ore/s and 90kW)
-On steel furnaces, that's 3.157MW (10 plates, at 0.57 plates/s and 180 kW)
-On T3 assemblers, that's 542.5 kW (2.5 mags at 1 mag/s and 217 kW, drain included)
Total: 5.4135 MW

Cost for Piercing rounds: 23MW (made a typo with those 22MW)

---- TL;DR ----
DPS (against Behemoth biters, where lasers are best):
- DU: 2603.7 dps, 205.05% increase over piercing
- Piercing: 853.2 dps, 34.6% increase over laser
- Laser: 633.6 dps, 18.7% increase over normal
- Normal: 533.7 dps

Cost under sustained attack (MW):
- Normal: 5.41 MW; 10 iron/s
- Laser: 7.68 MW, 41.9% increase over normal
- Piercing: 23.73 MW, 208.98% increase over laser; 22.5 iron/s, 12.5 copper/s
- DU: 29.13 MW, 22,75% increase over piercing; 22.5 iron/s, 12.5 copper/s, 2.5 U-238/s, 2.5 acid/s

(Also, since you niggers neglected homework)
Cost to kill a single Behemoth (3k HP):
- Normal: 5.62s, 30,4 MJ; 56.2 iron
- DU: 1.15s, 33.5 MJ, 10.2% increase over normal; 25.875 iron, 14.375 copper, 2.875 U-238, 2.875 acid
- Laser: 4.73s, 36.32 MJ, 8.4% increase over DU
- Piercing: 3.51s, 83.29 MJ, 129.3% increase over laser; 78.975 iron, 43.875 copper

>playing campaing again after the optimizations
>leave the last mission for another day since it was the worst
>update comes, achievement for campaign
>campaign progress lost

How's this for the next map?

>wide chests
l-lewd

Surprising nobody, boolits suck.

>implying
vanilla boolits most efficient defense

What's your gauge for "efficient"?
Can't be power because they are the least power-efficient.
Can't be resources because they are the least resource-efficient.
Can't be DPS because flame turrets are still a best.

>factorissimo
Dropped like it's fucking hot.
Nauvis could theoretically work, but it needs some serious balancing, especially for higher yields and richness.

>- Piercing: 853.2 dps, 34.6% increase over laser
>- Laser: 633.6 dps, 18.7% increase over normal
reminder that you can put an extra row of laser turrets down in stead of a belt with inserters plus they have more range

> Normal: 5.62s, 30,4 MJ; 56.2 iron
power efficience, and normal boolits consume the least power
memes are also a good gauge too

>Dropped like it's fucking hot.
Explain why
>Nauvis could theoretically work, but it needs some serious balancing, especially for higher yields and richness.
Well not really. The only real thing it does is it forces you out of the starting area for water. After that you can kind of ignore the dust storms but you have to get modular armor before the get too bad.
All that for basically some cheaper acid? Fuck that to be quite honest.

max planes: 0

It makes for a fun, non-op game

>turn on station maintenance
>planefags build them anyway
>pay 200k per year in upkeep
>laugh every time the graph updates

Don't let /a/ find out.

Because it's fucking casual and allows for infinitely recursive factories
Also looks like shit from the overview

I mean making it processable, you faggot. Processable in any major quantity, or at least adding a (perhaps power-intensive) process for getting rid of it en masse. It just endlessly piles up right now.

>infinitely recursive factories
That was removed in two, you can only recurse like 3 iterations or just disable it.
Granted it's still shit because it fucks up how you design shit something fierce but factorissimo 2 at least tried to pretend it was balanced.

reminder that you can use inserters to pull from a turret

Stuffing it into the ground is a viable solution. You just have to either deplete oil wells or set the config to spawn fields of the empty wells.
>adding a (perhaps power-intensive) process for getting rid of it en masse
Still not a solution. It really only poses a threat to you in the early stages of the game (water in the starting zone and damage if you don't have good armor). By the time you have the infrastructure to properly deal with all the pollution you can easily afford to just ignore it completely.

Except oil wells never fucking deplete at higher richnesses.

Maybe truly excessive pollution could start spawning useless items that gunk up belts and spam shit up? Call it fallout.

>Except oil wells never fucking deplete at higher richnesses.
Then turn the depletion config off and find map gen fields.
>Maybe truly excessive pollution could start spawning useless items that gunk up belts and spam shit up?
Yeah that sounds like it would really piss people off. Other suggestions might be to make worms tunnel into pollution or simply gunk up belts to make them stop. Poison storms could damage assemblers or some shit. Anything to make people angry at pollution.

Pollution shouldn't be punished. Pollution is a way of life.

Along with that, there could be tech-ups to make shit pollution-*resistant*. Not immune. Just divides the chance of anything gunking up by a hundred.

Planning my wall expansion. What should I do with Blackhead Moat over here?
Turn it into an ayy zoo, or nuke it and put my rocket silo there for style?

Ayy zoo seems like a great idea actually, but it might take up a lot of resources to defend the very frequent attack waves

It's not very big, only 4 spawners. I might even be able to create a wall made of blue belts to clump them in rather than slaughter them periodically.

>bullet vs laser
>when oil is infinite
Flammenwerfers are the only way to go friends

>If you find a bug hole, nuke it

ayy zoo, and put a bunch of polluting machines nearby, make sure the smog in that little piece of land there is thicker than Beijing

50 thousand biters used to live here.
Now it's 2.4m green circuits.

Got me thinking, would an admin panel to restrict the ability to use Orbital Ion Cannon targeters (in the exact same way the Map Ping admin panel works) be a useful feature?

what gaem?

Absolutely make an ayy zoo, don't kill any of them either so you just have a nice big collection of the different species. Maybe you could even spawn in a big worm for the full family.

It just occurred to me that feelings like this are what cause the apocalypse aren't they? Like the inevitable plague or the flood in halo. Why do humans need to save things for future study when it could easily kill them?

REM

You guys should get on the phone with Reika (NauvisDay author). Post issues about this stuff on her/his Github

mods.factorio.com/mods/Reika/NauvisDay/discussion/18009

says to suggest here:
github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_FactorioMods_Issues/issues

>reikakalseki
Oh fuck I recognize that name
Just drop nauvis now if you ever used it, it probably seriously fucks up the game or does something terrible.

That entitled autistic pissbabby of a furfag is one of the most cancerous minecraft modders, and is known for doing stuff like including DRM in his mods that crashes if you try to change recipes, making a library mod that includes a custom fursuit for him and seriously fucks up the way the behind the scenes logic of the game works just to render flower pots in 3D.
Every single mod that cunt has ever made is extremely laggy bloated garbage, and I assume it's exactly the same with factorio.

I've been running NauvisDay for about 200 hours and have had no issues mane

>furry
>minecraft
>DRM
wew

All I'm going to say here is that reikashit is a term for a reason.
And provide you with this
sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/things-not-to-say

>implying rotarycraft isn't one of the best tech mods made

I accept that he's a toxic autist, but his mods are interesting.

good concept, but terrible server killing game breaking lag causing execution

what?

what game?

OpenTTD, not /egg/

Yes, I accidentally hit the base with one of those things earlier. If griefers hop on to ION your base you could be in some serious trouble. Also if you are the mod author: you can zoom in on the map in black areas and ion them to get a reveal.
Yeah the mod becomes pretty useless after 10 hours.
The geothermal mod is pretty useless too. Geothermal produces too little power for the cost of the two machines. Instead of being a viable stepping stone from coal or an alternative to solar it's just a giant trap.

I mean...

He's not wrong.

>create buggly laggy garbage
>act like a nigger
>add a fursuit
>people complain
wtf I love entitlement now

Good to know, I'll probably address the admin panel and ion-to-reveal issues in the next update.

Thanks mister mod man, got any recommendations for the /egg/ serb?

Articulate, if paranoid and much, much too deep into Minecraft modding. As a professional, I'm happy that these games serve as a pen of sorts for people such as this (like FreeBSD does for, you know, Berkeley types) so that they aren't crawling around getting into things that're actually necessary for other people, or involuntary in some way.

I mean, we've had enough s*****d for a lifetime at this point. Wish the author had gone into professional Minecraft modding instead.

drm in mods
this has to be a new low

Why the fuck do furries even exist? I'm autistically obsessed with space combat but I'd never think of climbing inside a cylinder with radiators stuck on it and going to a con.

>Why the fuck do furries even exist?
Same reason weeaboos exist. People are weird.

>but I'd never think of climbing inside a cylinder with radiators stuck on it and going to a con

Didn't know I wanted this.

>s*****d
wat

the brain is very prone to CLANG
sometimes CLANG does good things, like make /egg/men, sometimes CLANG does bad things
such is the way of chaos

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to meme you, I was just saying what worked best for me. Also sorry for replying late since I just woke up.

There is a bit of a trick to it, you can't let your batteries run out. I normally carry a few extra fusion modules to help recharge them between fights. There's also the fact that the laser damage/laser speed research also effects the laser modules. And most of the time I carry one robotport module to repair the tank even though it ends up costing a lot of construction bots, I think it's worth it.

I'll meme all over your face and in your mouth

Orbit in Hell, shipfags

>shipfag
>ship
i'm an interstellar ballistic missile you shit

Could you build the Götterdämmerung from iron sky in spengies?
Would the giant gyroscope it has on its back even work or would it tear itself apart.

Yes, no, yes

what are your preferred pronouns?
here was supposed to be joke about faggots, but i can't make it funny enough, insert sufficiently funny joke here yourself

yes, yes, yes

delete yourself

>Reika
Yeah, worst modder.
Xe also does Endgame Combat which adds turrets that are powerful enough that you only need to build 1-2 of them in range. And orbital bombardment which is a literally stolen orbital ion cannon mod with the difference is that you launch one of them, it has 3 seconds cooldown and you can spam it forever.
Also made fastfurnaces which just adds high tier production buildings with double/triple crafting speed.

Why are furfags so bad at games that they have to mod in cheats for themselves?

>xe
low quality bait

>referring to a tranny furfag shit as xe
>bait

I fucking doubt you misclicked, since 'h' and 'x' are quite far apart on most keyboards

>Why are furfags so bad at games
Hop in a furry pound TF2 server sometime. Make sure to turn off sprays and mic.
It's surprisingly good and tough and oh wait Valve killed community servers and wait fuck this was like 5 years ago and holy shit I'm old.

Dunno man, all the furries I've seen were retarded heavies/medics/pyros that ran around aimlessly, save for the occasional soldier that had 5k hours.

>mfw 2.5k hours and all of it in the partyvan
I regret nothing

>click text box and start typing
>posts anyways
:^)
Anyways, meant to post that it flies.

fins(both types) have lift outside of water

If you ignore the tumor of logic blocks the interior of this is actually pretty cozy.
Thanks.

Dual mandrakes versus leviathans
You can literally get damage numbers as high as 10,000 from a single salvo.
But fucking lost to a leviathan because it was so incredibly slow it just hid for 3 minutes.