/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #211

Evil twin edition.

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content for you to enjoy.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focuse on refining core gameplay and introduce new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DeFKtDQVrDE
youtube.com/watch?v=PIACnt8xDEE
patreon.com/BoredGamer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>730 posts in old thread
>maybe 2 posts per hour

delet

cute

Is anything actually happening in Elite? Is there a real alium invasion or is it just the usual faffing about?

>four more until gladius
Don't care if it's some piece of shit. I love the design.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

hopefully the mantis' and other s3s are next on that list.

s3/4 mass drivers when

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

i bought it when 1.3 hit, got 145hours in it now
but im at the point where id ont see why i should keep playing, i could somehow grind several hundred mill to build a carrier but..idk mang

Make a living glass or liquid explosive farm.

Thargoids exist in isolated instances labeled "distress calls" and people have so far encountered only one alien ship per instance.

>Sean Murray is fun
I don't know. I don't think it's fun watching a pathological liar realize he's been caught in all his lies and start literally squirming in his seat.

>eat what you kill
>mass murder directly turned into profit while destroying evidence

wonder how they'll handicap this gameplay loop, sounds alot easier than attempting proper swashbuckling piracy in a game where nonlethal weapons / player detainment is not even a concept they have openly acknowledged as being totally necessary to piracy and bounty hunting as professions

Is that really it?

Soon

Scrap worth jack shit perhaps?

lmao you nigga cant be serious...jesus fucking christ this is a letdown

Also cargo hauling CGs.

Not him, but not sure what you were expecting. First encounter with thargoids was a cutscene that interrupted gameplay and allowed NPC pirates to literally kill you as you're in that cutscene. The only other big encounter is with capital ships and it's literally the same thing every time, every where you encounter them. Frontier makes one asset and then copy pastes it a thousand times across their procedural generation game.

Dads need to fuck off immediately

Yes it's not as epic as frontier advertises it youtube.com/watch?v=DeFKtDQVrDE but its a fun little raid boss nonetheless
youtube.com/watch?v=PIACnt8xDEE

Goids only have 1000 integrity. You can still alpha them down with AX missiles if your wing is coordinated enough.

Eh, can't complain too much I suppose. It's technically content. Not enough to get to reinstall though.

>needing to actually hit 30 different knobs and switches with the inner thought system that is still basically stock cryengine F to with some glitter on it

if this game wasnt this fucking instanced you could see them disrupt trading lines and what not, but all these fucking instance bubbles are all so disconnected and non-consequence from each other i hate this dead feeling of the world

This is some of the most boring combat I've ever seen. I'm legit not memeing here, this is like watching paint dry.

Jesus

Every single ED combat video is like this, no matter what the ship, no matter the enemy. Shoot target, boost to get a tighter turn, shoot at target. Repeat until either party's death. Fuck.

imagine it with combat music turned off

So, which starter ship is better? Mustang or Aurora? I'll probably upgrade it eventually if it makes a difference

Mustang has been broken for ages, but it's getting a rework. God knows how it will turn out, rumor has it that they'll show it at Citizencon on the 27th. Aurora LN has always been a solid choice, but it probably won't handle too well in atmosphere.

In any case, cou should get the Mustang starter pack because it has a higher upgrade value ($30 instead of $25 for the Aurora), so if you want to upgrade it into some other ship it will be cheaper.

Reliant Mako

>mustang is faster
>has great visibility
>more combat capable
>doesn't have cargo bay
>outdated model

1st off: wait for citizencon sale where there will likely be $35 starter packages. you'll be waiting for 3.0 until then anyway, don't toss $10 out the window.

Aurora without question. it's getting it's 3rd (4th?) major rework and will be one of the most up-to-date ships in the game as of 3.0

mustangs have received zero love since put into the game. it flies, and is technically a better ship than the aurora MR, but that comes at the cost of having zero of the current ship HUD elements or interractive panels/shield control/power control/etc. full of issues and bugs, and overall just plain out of date. will be getting a rework eventually but don't count on it happening before you get sick of trying to get it to work for you consistently.

...why don't they just go play DCS World then?

they need to be able to spend exorbitant amounts of money on something that they can pilot or drive, doesnt matter where

SC is alot of dads' "mid life crisis motorcycle"

What part about that doesn't apply to dcs world

I hope they eventually put in pylon mount guns. Because shit's hilarious.

>ywn unload 15 miniguns on something all at once

can you spend the price of a harley on a DCS world package? it's a phase, they don't know why they want to do it. they latch on to something that they think will make them young again and they run with it til the wife tells him it's HER OR THE SHIPS/motorcycle/ antique car/ wookworking tools in the garage

Mustang beta has comfy internals
hate the hatch though

>BoredGamer mentioned us
Is he /ourguy/?

>tfw you actually wish SC was more of a sim

currently dcs has a similar monetization model to star citizen.

The amount needed to purchase all DCS content can buy you a small car

Out of all the SC youtubers, he seems the least autistic.

he also doesn't make his living by doing the "heres exactly what CIG said in their last release of information - heres 25 minutes of me speculating and daydreaming about how things are going to work" thing that almost all the others make a living off of. and people actually absorb the second half of that as fact some times. started streaming and getting into the heavy monetization long after becoming a reliable soruce of info, alot of the rest just hopped on the bandwagon above because it's easy to get subs by spewing bullshit about a game people are desperate for information on at all times, desperate to the point where they start believing the headcanon

Bored gaymar here, send me your shekels so I can continue to buy jpegs that I use for bait for all the goyim who wants to win free jpegs by just commenting on my copy-paste info vids
Oh and I got some mental issue retardation shit going too so Imma just ask you goyim for more shekels as I make shit up on the fly so here's my patreon: patreon.com/BoredGamer

Any fucking asshole can fucking get all the info that does get to be released to the public, except the normie trash mobs who expects to find all their "news" on twatter and CNN/BBC

>All these retards on Spectrum

theorycrafting:
- being a moving factory make you a shit combatant and a prey
- if a security sat spot your crime a factory can't run very fast
this is why I intend to hide in a nebula, prey on cargo ship, interdict qdrive, reclaim their ship, reclaim their meat, reclaim their soul.
None will leave the Gardens of Kadesh.

Any ideas on what the gamechanger will be?

Some stupid shit like a ship that can deploy a ground outpost or something. Either that or some sort of mobile space station, like the "truck stop" but smaller.

Nothing but bullshit by Ben.

Until I see it, its nothing to me. I'm not getting torqued up over marketing bullshit again.

Well they've said it's civilian and so it couldn't be any sort of 'military/militia' vessel
My money is currently on the "colony ship" that builds shit on a planet, However Ben LardNeck could just be the fat retard that he is and do the minelayer meme just for shit and giggles as everybody seems to lap up whatever he shits out gladly.

>Base building
I mean, shit's cool, but they'd better not commit to making shit like that before they have an actual game sware on me mum.

Planetside 2 threw that shit in years after release, and that's cool, but Star Citizen has already feature creeped it's way into the wild unknowns.

ED or SC?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!

What's her name?

Sandi

Why did Planetside 2 have base building? It doesn't make any sense.

For viper mk3 what is best full burst laser or full pulse?

Checks out(?)

Pulse if you have to go all thermal. The class 3 power distributor and heat management will struggle with 4 lasers.
Otherwise I'd say two small bursts or beams and two medium multicannons.

as a subscriber i demand evocati membership, where do i sign up for it?

You want avocado status? just spam intelktjul garbage on the bug report forum when the PTU hits and hope the 3/4 blind fat fuck like Ben LardNeck sees your 'passionate' rants
Although just reporting shit and join in on the circle jerk of said bug reports is probably your best bet

I hope this isn't indicative of the fauna we'll see in Star Citizen.

Anyone who watches the Friday night dev stream will know they've already designed a flying spider which looks similar to this, and then last week they designed a giant space whale which also had those types of appendages sticking out, this is identifiable as something designed by Josh Herman desu since he did the last 2 similar-looking creature concepts.

Alirght thanks

>miniguns.
Nah m8.

>not spending the cash needed to enjoy a fully functional 1:1 scale A-10/ ig-21 cockpit where every knob is useable and bound in gae

>ywn pilot this and turn charlie into red tree dye

It's not like Josh Herman puts a lot of thought into the designs of the Happy Hour creatures, considering they're made in an hour. He and Jeremiah Lee designed the main alien races and they look pretty different apart from being humanoid which is needed for animations and such.

How can you change the game when you have

NO GAME
O

G
A
M
E

SC, also checked.

See made during on of the friday livestreams, where they often make critters while they talk about stuff.

>Sean is forever a liar
>I wonder what Crhis and Brabo have for me next
lack self awareness much?

>Have played since launch day
>Start out by only ever enjoying combat
>Do literally nothing else
>Trading is just flying station to station. Boring as fuck
>Exploration is just a bunch of loading screens and one button press for scanning

>Be today
>Have Trade Computer Extension MK. II running at all times
>Do nothing but jump between stations in outbreak states shipping basic medications to them.
>Easily make 1,500,000Cr per trip in my Type 9.
>Own only two ships. Anaconda and Type 9.
>Both are outfitted for trading
>Prefer the Type 9 due to the extra 80T of cargo
>Never do anything else
>Only ship basic medications to outbreak stations

I am become dad

>Easily make 1,500,000Cr per trip in my Type 9.

How!? I'm in a Cobra and I'm barely making 100K.

It's all about cargo space.

For example, each ton is only worth about 2,000Cr profit for me. By shipping 500 at a time, that's 2,000 times 500 = 1,000,000Cr.

A type 9 is fuckhuge compared to a cobra

Do the meds actually help them?

Hoiw can gamechangers be real if our game isn't real?

Yeah. The station will have a fuck-huge demand for them during the Outbreak. (I've seen close to 20,000,000 demand before.)

Once they get that total amount of meds, the outbreak stops. If they don't get the meds after a few days or so, then they'll enter some other negative state like famine.

>tfw
I still hope I'm able to remotely release boxes for kinetic cargo bombardment fun.

How do you put up with the monotony?

I'd do the exact same thing if it weren't so boring.

how close to CitizenCon do they usually start running sales on stuff?

No one was claiming Brabes and Croberts were fun though, way to lose an argument.

NMS being fun is arguable too, but you're free to your opinion (in your own games thread)

>No one was claiming Brabes and Croberts were fun though,
He says with marked lack of awareness just before he posts.

Pic related.

There's also Netflix and Youtube, which I just keep on top of Elite sometimes using Desk Pins.

There's also the fact that using Trade Computer Extended MK. II I'm slowly saving each market to "My Ship's" database in order to more accurately predict where the good trades are.

day before, usually limited scope like super secret presales for concierge and subs. >t. concierge.
The Citcon sale is usually limited to whatever the theme of the citcon is + whatever the new con-cept ship is. Last year was militia so citcon sale was all military stuff, this year is exploration so expect scout, scanning, mining, salvage, science and long endurance ships. Speculation is that new concept "game changer" is a base building/modular structure transport ship.

What you're really waiting for if you feel the need to feed bens cheese addiction is the Anniversary sale in november, when nearly everything will be on sale in themed groups each day for a week and then everything for the last two days.

Do not expect actual discounts on anything except probably Starter packs marked down $10 or so. Thats not how CIG sales work, just the way it is.

Is this the same guy who has that .jpg made about him and his arguing style being about "dont argue with idiots because...." and how he's saving money and re-investing in CIG?

>Trade Computer Extended MK. II

Just found the forum thread and download for it. What exactly is it? Just an overlay that stays on top of Elite and saves the market data from stations you dock at?

ive read the same answer a thousand times
its so depressing the game is only bearable if you put some other form of entertainment on you

>He says with marked lack of awareness just before he posts

Sean Murray is about as fun as watching Politicians talk about any issue you actually care about

Pretty much. It also tells you what to sell where and lets you make your own routes.

It's a real bitch to setup, though.

Yep. I can't see anyway to make it any better though. Supercruise is the worst part of it, and there is literally no way they could make going from point A to B any more fun with this system.

Yeah decent music/movie on second screen make even the most horrid grind bearable. I grind Planetside, WoWS, Crossout, and other grain milling simulators and get bored fast but add decent rock station from like pandora or a long playlist on VLC or episodic show on second monitor and I can go for hours and hours. It speaks to a lack on the part of the game but at the same time it really is the path to wealth and power in vidya. I used to do the same thing Mining in WoW when it actually made money.

Develop game monogamy and don't play anything else.

You just need to turn your autism on and have a goal, seek out the stuff you want to see and do or it will become/be boring as fuck. They say "follow your own path" because they sure as fuck wont give you a trail or lead you in any way. There is no praise here fyi.