>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566
youtube.com/watch?v=pscvwXYPcG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so are greatweapons viable yet

2nd for how does a vicar get killed by a bloodshade in the current game state?

Because literally everything got increased from 1 to 2.

Fatrolling went from 50% to 70%
Weapons went from 2 to 3
Consumable item slots went from 5 to 10
Rings went from 2 to 4
They even added a literal covenant slot in DaS3.

They will be when you stop duelling and start PvPing the way you're supposed to, i.e. invading

>current
pretty sure that webm is old as fuck

I'm gonna be a katana weeb in dark souls 2. Should I go dex or hex? for pve

you are so fucking dumb you must be american

>filthy casuls were bitching about ring of favor and/or havel occupying muh slots

But it's true. Stuff like FaP and Havels were clearly superior to like 99% of other ring options, and this reduced variety and viability. There were plenty of rings with neat effects, but you'd almost never see them used because havels/fap/wolf/etc were just too much better.

Example? Leo Ring. I loved the idea of the leo ring in the original game to give stabbing weapons tons of counter damage. But I have to give up havel's ring and severely reduce the armor/poise I can carry in order to use it? For a fairly niche thing? Often not worth it, unfortunately.

DaS2/DaS3 having 4 ring slots allows people to have rings that aren't just the bog-standard stuff on hand.

Proper Bloodshades and Vicars have not existed for literally over a year now.

What's funny is that even though the event took place at the height of the Rouged Hollow CCS meta, and the Bloodshades were literally built around abusing bleed, they never managed to successfully proc bleed on any of the Vicars because we actually went and equipped moss.

You're fucking wrong in every sense on this. Stop trying to act like you could potentially maybe be right. Just admit you're wrong and you fucked up.

1. Why 18 dex? It's not even some kind of break point.

2. There are sage rings which you don't seem to be fully aware of. There's actually 3 rings.

3. The casting speed cap is 50 dex. So why tell him 18 dex? When a sage ring is only 30 and thats still only 48 virtual dex and with a +2 sage he's massively over 50 virtual dex.

4. He only needs 10 with a sage+2 which he can simply ask for and some faggot here can easily give one.

5. Saint tree bellvine

6. Again why 18 dex when that has absolutely NOTHING to do with max casting speed. You need 20 with sage ring, 15 with sage+1 and only 10 with sage+2.

None of the sage rings require exactly 18 dex to hit max carrying speed so yes you're wrong on all accounts. Stop trying to push your shitty weapons agenda and lying and spreading misinformation.

18 dex isn't a thing at all for max casting speed. You could have simply admitted you were wrong after I called you out.

sounds like the issue was that some rings were op
also don't caster builds still lock most of their ring slots

What does Gwyndolin do in Anor Londo when you link the fire?

He masturbates furiously like every teenager does when the parents are not home

>Fatrolling went from 50% to 70%

I really wish they didn't do this. I preferred the old system where you actually had to worry about equip load. And it actually made tank builds more viable too. Think about it. If a normal build can only use 25% weight in order to have fast-roll, then choosing instead to go for a fat-roll tank build allows you to have FOUR TIMES as much weight equipped. That means tons of big weapons, heavy armor, etc. Same for if you just want to go from fast to mid-roll, and having the ability to carry twice as much.

But in DaS3? If you want to say "okay, I'll sacrifice fast rolls for heavier armor" then you only get an increase from 70% to 100%. Basically fucking nothing. Not even worth it at all.

Yes, a large part of the issue was that some rings were OP. But the point I'm making is that having rings that are less powerful all-around and allowing you to equip more of them just adds variety.

And yes, for casters, they'd often go for something like BDCR and maybe wolf ring for some baseline poise. Having more HD/equip/etc didn't matter that much because casters were typically glass cannons.

>because casters were typically glass cannons.

Only losers who don't understand stats. My casters all have 50 vigor.

Not to mention that since this is pve, saint tree bellvine+magic clutch>candlestick+sage

I'm fucking sick of Pontiff's Playground. What's a fun place to invade?

SL65 w/ +8 gear, btw

corvian settlement

That could be easily fixed by nerfing the value of FaP/Havel/Wolf. Or, make it even better and buff other rings to the same viability, so that you would have to make actual game-changing choice or switch rings in accordance to encounter. But instead of this we just have extra slots with 2 or 3 of those permanently occupied by one of the FaP/Havel/Wolf/PChain/Chloranthy/any FP reduction/ on nearly any build, so in the end you still have only 1 or, at most, 2 ring slots to play around with.

Most people stayed at 50% anyways because they needed the extra roll distance and stamina regeneration. And the only way people stayed at 25% in DaS1 was by stripping off every single piece of armor they had and go into battle naked, at least before Havel's + FaP and 40 Endurance.

Mainly because in the long run the total amount of tick damage it does is less than or equal to one Estus flask. And it takes so fucking long for it to tick down that even if you applied pressure for 30 seconds non-stop to prevent them from Mossing, the amount of damage they took in that time was so minuscule that they could eat a Moss at that point and negate more than 60% of the damage.

If you can Lloyd's the dude at the same time, it would be worth it, but most of the time it's not worth the hassle.

>SL65 w/ +8 gear
That's pretty high for pontiff. Try DLC or lothric castle

Almost every weapon is viable if you know how to use it

Well since you were sweet enough to ask

>18 DEX is the minimum required for both the Crystal Sage's Rapier and the LKS. The crystal sages rapier inherently being one of the strongest melee weapons for a pure magic build and the LKS being extremely versatile

>I literally mentioned sage rings in both posts you illiterate whiner

>Whereas 18 nets you both near max cast speed and the aformentioned weapons, the extra 2 points, while nice, are points you could put elsewhere. Or did no one tell you that you need a lot of points in different stats on magic builds?

>If your really going to suggest someone doing a complete run for the first time should beg for all the cool stuff you've really not got a leg to stand on as far as trying to tell me what's what

>As mentioned before, while saint tree bellvine does give the equivalent to a +2 sage ring, it does so at the cost of constantly needing to have it on hand. Which on a first full playthrough is utterly unnecessary and downright foolish to do when that slot could have a shield or even a melee weapon. And let's not forget the fact that this would prevent you from getting the maximum available damage for your limited spellcasts via use of the Scholar's Candlestick. Or the fact that you have plenty of room for the sage ring without losing any useful ring slots

>Again, it gives access to highly useful weapons, and all without any diminishing returns on your investment. He's more than welcome to get to 20 DEX, there should be just enough room for it especially if he goes 120 or higher, but if we're talking about getting the most out of your stat investments, you're better off capping at 18 and having 2 points less in dex

Now feel free to admit that you're wrong, don't ignore my posts telling you that you're wrong in the previous thread, and then hopefully I won't have to repeat myself

Anyone have the webm of the guy who was shit talking UGS users last time and got called out and was super arrogant until he got BTFO by Guts

HOW TO FIX POISON

>increase damage per tick
>reduce duration

>"so make it toxic???"

Y E S

BUT MAKE TOXIC HIT EVEN HARDER and let players apply it other than with dung pies and toxic mist

That is literally what they did do.

store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>Increased the damage of Poison and Toxic dealt by players, and shortened its duration.

It's still ass, because you're still only doing 540 damage over 90 seconds.

more

>expecting Miyazaki to be competent
Patches for DaS3 are done. This shit ain't getting fixed, ever. It will never be as useful as DaS2 poison.

I'll check it out. Is it a "hotspot" like AL is?
I tried invading in TRC DLC and I wasn't getting anything. I also spent most of my time in human form and only got invaded once at the very beginning of the dreg heap on my first trip inside.

poison might have been more viable in PVP, but I can't stand the way DaS2 handles poison when it comes to PVE.

They should've kept poison the way it's always been, and just made toxic more deadly and had all the weapons apply a toxic effect instead of posion.

This is PVE, but I found poison and toxic incredibly useful against Gael when I just went through. Can totally cheese him by getting him with toxic AND poison mist and then just running away from him across the fuckhuge arena (or just circling around a broken wall somewhere. )

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you be able to wear both rings?

You've got 4 ring slots, so you can have Magic Clutch, Sage, Bellowing Dragoncrest and Young Dragon

status effects resistance scale more with armour than stats
can apply status through iframes
status effects regen doesn't even scale of anything and is incredibly fast compared to what you inflict

dmg is just one problem out of many.

pchain nigga

Never found much use for it on magic builds personally, but fair enough

>SL65
Irithyll Dungeon or Lothric Castle

Although I'd just go to SL80-100 +10 and go Grand Archives / AoA / TRC

Personally I use it on every build unless I'm doing something extremely specific and need all 4 slots for something else. Getting +15 extra levels across the board is just too good to pass up.

I'll do Sage/Pchain/2x spellboost rings (depending on the school of magic, of course).
For example, I've been using witch's ring + fire clutch, because the fire clutch ring also boosts the damage of demons scar and witch's locks.

As an aside, I fucking love the witch's locks. Most people don't seem to know what to expect, and the L2 shreds through people's shields and health like butter. And I can't believe the goddamn range on this thing. People will back off to chug and then get smacked with the L2 when they're like 20 feet away

I'm trying Dungeon right now and getting pretty good results. Excellent place for dickwraithing.

>but I can't stand the way DaS2 handles poison when it comes to PVE
You mean how it actually works and does damage?

Poison in PvP is pretty gimmicky because it takes a lot of hits to trigger unless you use a cheese method, and even then it's usually more efficient to just hit a dude.
Poison in PvE works great because you can apply it fast and it does damage fast, unlike DS1/3 poison which might as well not even exist because it does very little damage AND ticks too slowly to even matter

What if you gained a "partial" invasion item for killing phantoms during invasions

like say you kill three or five phantoms and boom you've got yourself a full tongue nigga

that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard
welcome to From Software

>You mean how it actually works and does damage?
In PVE, poison works fine as a slow-and-steady chip damage because you're concurrently navigating through the level and have to be mindful of your HP slowly whittling away over time. It's useless in this manner for PVP, but that's what I think toxic should be for.

The issue is that DaS2 completely changes the way healing works by making healing items basically infinite. In the original DaS, you had a set amount of health determined by your estus, and so getting poisoned while going through a level actually mattered.

yeah man let me just wade through 30 phantoms for one whole hour because some faggot host keeps throwing them at me

for one measly fucking tongue when I finally manage to catch his roll after he sipped ten liters of estus around the bonfire

Why were there so many Demon's Souls references in Dark Souls 3?

Like what? There's the storm ruler and Yhorn being a redo of Old Hero, and the Dungeon is like Latria. Anything else?

What is the best retard-friendly left hand item to learn how to parry?

a small parry shield

cestus if you're a ds1 boy

I'm playing through dark souls 3 for the first time now and I'm wondering if I should be doing any NPC summoning to further any questlines. I generally like to do it solo to validate my existence but I'd rather not be fucking everything up.

Karla/Yuria , Twin Princes' Sword / Northern Regalia, Lead-up to Homoprinces is straight up the leadup to Penetrator in 1-3, the arrangement of DS3 Firelink is straight up Nexus, Ludleth = Monumental, Firekeeper is MiB, the ending where you stomp on the waifu's head, the health system.

way too much shit to mention honestly.

I don't think it matters. If anything, npcs will summon you in their worlds

Any in-depth guides on parrying in 3? I found parrying very easy in DaS1 with any old shield, but in 3 I can't parry jack shit. Did they fundamentally change something about how parrying works?

start parrying before the attack happens, not as it happens

>ds1
>caestus

I only know this one youtube.com/watch?v=pscvwXYPcG0
there is probably something in the OP about parrying

I was a parrylord in ds1 with anything, can't parry shit in ds3 unless I'm using the cestus

it is what it is nigga i'm just saying the mechanics of parrying with the cestus are similar to ds1 parry mechanics

>In the original DaS, you had a set amount of health determined by your estus
Which you had 20 of
And 99 humanity
And firekeeper souls
And divine blessings
And mushrooms

Poison in 1 was stupid because it wasn't a threat, you could tank it for forever with no real drawbacks, Toxic on the other hand was 100% bullshit and was a guaranteed kill unless you were going into the area with a +3 estus flask that had 10 charges, a +2 with 5 charges straight up couldn't outheal the damage.

Poison in 2 is good because it's something you have to actually keep in mind if a fight, fighting in a poison pit is a bad idea because the poison actually does damage rather fast and will make it it sigificantly easier for the enemy to kill you.
Same applies to the poison you put on enemies, it actually does a nice chunk of damage rather than a pittance

Wait, are you guys talking about PVE or PVP? I can't even get parrying right in DaS3 PVE. I know that in PVP you have to do predictive parries, because of lag and that's how it's always worked in past games. But something changed where I can't even parry in PVE where you don't have to worry about latency timing.

They changed something about how it works.

Because lol remember andre rofl

This is literally what Miyazaki does. He's worse than Urobuchi in that regard.

>This is literally what Miyazaki does. He's worse than Urobuchi in that regard.

Explain?

DS3 has startup frames on parries, whereas DS1 didn't. So with most shields you need to predict just a little bit, because parry frames aren't instant like they used to be. I think it might've been like that in DS2, but I'm not sure.

so I'm at SL 145 just kind of been lingering around the game and pvping tackled one dlc but the ashes one just seems so boring don't even want to bother. Should I just go ng+ I'm sure I've collected almost everything worthwhile from the first run.

You forgot twin manatees. But these aren't readily available to the player. There are like 3 or 4 shrooms in the dlc, 6 or so db in the whole game, 7 fk souls. And humanities are relatively rare

The difference is that DS1 parries are always basically instant, the only difference between a good parrying tool and a bad parrying tool is that the good ones last for longer, they all have the same 2 frame startup
2 and 3 gave different parrying tools different startups, you have to start your parry before the enemy hit connects as opposed to 1 where you were aiming to parry a few frames before the attack connects

Aye man, may as well, not like you'll struggle if you have missed something

Okay, I see. So basically DaS3 PVE parrying is like DaS1 PVP parrying?

This. Hence why says to use a caestus, it has the fastest startup frames of the bunch if I recall correctly

What about the target shield?

>humanity is rare
We will just have to disagree here, when I first played 1 it was literally the first game I had to play play with a controller and I couldn't even control the camera properly most of the time and died to the stupidest fucking shit.
Running out of healing items was never an issue, it was always a 100%->dead with no heals that got me. Like fuck I came out of blighttown toxiced, hoping to run to firelink before I died and running out of HP still wasn't an issue, I just didn't want to use one of my 20 humanities if I could avoid it.

Slow DoT would work in a game where healing was a limited resource
DS1 gives you 20 estus charges with a +3 flask fairly early on + humanities + twin humanities + mushrooms + miracles
DeS gave you 99 of 5 different types of grass on top of HP regen items and spells
DaS 2 has lifegems as well as a bunch of other healing items
DaS 3 has sort of the same issue as 1 where you get so much estus that the poison is never really a concern and HP regen items and miracles make a return

Poison in general is shit in all the games because healing is never actually a rare resource, 2 did it the best where it forced you to respond to it quickly, but even that was bad because you could just pop 2 lifegems and take a grand total of 24 damage from the poison.

It's completely disingenuous to equivocate gems/grass which you get by the truckload, with DaS1 manatees

lothric castle is among us lads the fire is ending in this world

good

let it all end

Caestus tends to be more familiar than anything else for people who played DS1.
Kinda. The "prediction" is nowhere near as pronounced as DS1 PvP. You tend to hit L2 mid-swing rather milliseconds before the swing connects.

Have you ever watched a show written by Urobuchi? Literally the same shit re-used all the time.

Now imagine a game where this is the case. This is Miyazaki.

what is a good str/fth build that uses lightning bolts and spears?

>tfw can't play a space marine in DS3

You are entitled to your opinion, but at the end of the day 20 estus was so much that healing was never an issue in 1

60 Fai, 27 Str, 26 End, 14-18 Att

you kinda made the build yourself with those specifications. what's stopping you?

I use 40 str / 40 faith / 40 dex / 30 vig / 30 endurance

it's a bit of a late game build but it's very versatile with the right rings

>need 2 rings to deal damage with spells
>need no rings to deal damage with weapons
defend this

gimmie ideas for a dnd dark souls campaign

mimic as a playable race

Don't forget
>poise doesn't work except during hyperarmor
>only time spells get hyperarmor is miracles with a talisman

Don't forget
>need one more ring to be able to get your spell off in this lifetime
>need a headgear and an off-hand to deal proper damage with spells
>need to reduce your orange Estus count to be able to cast spells at all

fucking doing it, nice!

>Leo Ring
>Hornet ring

just trying to see what people put on their builds to work so i can have an idea about the stats

thanks

i was looking more for a full spear n fth build even if it's not that versatile but thanks for the help

Yeah, because every melee build absolutely requires those to be able to do damage, right?

the infinite lives will quickly drain any attempt at urgency or suspense. Also, with the way dark souls is, you can't really have any character-based storylines other than "me bro's cursed an' cuhrazee" I'd suggest stealing ideas but remember that not everything works in a tabletop setting.

>And humanities are relatively rare
?????

Did I waste resources getting the Heide Straight Sword to +4? I'm only two hours in so I'm sure I have time to atone.

???????????????????????????????????????????

>saya, no happy ending

If you're doing a Faith build, no.

if I remember correctly you can farm humanity in das1 right?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
seriously though whenever someone does this it always annoys me.

There's no reason for a build to rely on counters or crits, those are supplemental. Except counters and crits, those rings don't affect damage. Casters need lmao2ring to deal damage
Yes they are.

i promised a friend i would try and do something so i'm gonna have a go

That said thinking how to work with the undead shit is a challenge, i may do just a cosmetic cover and change a few enemy/location names and stats

rats in depths, humanity phantoms in the dlc
the second in particular show up on packs of like twelve and have an obscene droprate on both singles and twins