/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Implying You Wouldn't Edition

Previous thread:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Lovely hip-horns

THICC

Did Larian start phasing out multi slot equipment already? I had heard they were going to do something like that but wasn't sure.

I'm on my third play-through now and I'm noticing a lot of items that were once 2-3 slot are now 1 slot. Does Arx still have 3 slot equipment at least? I haven't reached it yet.

Why the fuck does he need Lohse's body with THIS kind of real body?

He needs her to ascend to divinity. He ditches her afterwards and she is reduced to mindless shell unable to sing ever again (Bad ending).

Chilly lizards need hugs to keep warm!

They've just straight-up removed most 3 slot gear from dropping period. If you had a previous save with some 3 slot gear they didn't delete it but it's no longer in the loot tables for any container or quest reward in the game.

The thing that bothers me the most in fantasy and divinity games is lack of RL side effects for cold-blooded creatures (lizards and dragons). They should go full anabiosis in the cold environment.
And also how the fuck Sadha managed to lay these eggs, when one of the eggs is almost as big as her torso, but that's another question.

>And also how the fuck Sadha managed to lay these eggs, when one of the eggs is almost as big as her torso, but that's another question
Female hip structure, man

Larian actually designed this body with the intention of if you took too long in the encounter against his human form - he possesses her body fully and it transforms into this.

Of course this mean that you would only see the sexy demon model if you didn't let Lohse die on the ship before Act 2 and Larian didn't want to make another unique body for him and just used this one while scrapping the "possess" idea.

>group is separated at that cave in reaper's bluffs
>friends dont want to cheese it with pyramids
>i get put in the pit with the million voidwoken, they tell me to just afk while they make their way to me
>mfw GOOD LUCK ARMORLETS IM BEHIND 7 SHIELDS

I doubt that even possible. And even if that somehow possible (reminder that's only one egg of several more, laying in the tent), Red's Prince will be like a sausage in the wide corridor after that ride for sure.

Is there a way to send more than one item at a time to another character? Other than putting in a bag.

C-can you romance 2 companions at the same time?

>mfw playing that encounter as a rogue who actually bothered to put the odd point in sneak
I used Chameleon Cloak and then moved to a quiet corner and went into sneak. The Voidwoken didn't seem to notice the random lush shrubbery that appeared out of nowhere in the pit though.

Not really. But you can fug Fane without consequences.

Look at:

It's not about hip. Larian is lazy/doesn't understand anatomy or she's fooling him.

You can flirt and romance around whoever in your party but the point where you choose to bang one in the secret ship room is the point where the "romance" is chosen for the purposes of Act 4 dialogue.

Maybe she lays a small pouch with eggs. You know, like painting in the backpack trick.

Guys, the egg is huge so it's noticeable. It's a key item in the Red Prince's story, it's not something you're supposed to hold alt to see.

How fuck am I supposed to kill griff if I'm level 2? I don't want to rat out the dreamer who stole them but I'mm only level two and even if I set everyone on the high ground I die eventually. I am supposed oto kill griffs henchman before I start combat or something?

Have you seen the little dragon? The size is right, but it certainly wouldn't work with Sadha.

Pfft, it's obvious that being red in skin tone as a lizard means you're at the absolute peak of sexual deviancy. Sadha probably does kegal exercises every day to keep her pussy tight from all the fisting and anal beads she uses.

Level up more before attempting that fight. I usually do it at level 3, it makes a big difference. Also if you sweet talk the ranger merchant she helps you in the fight which also makes it a lot easier.

You can delay the final part of the quest until you're a higher level or you can do the version of the quest that has good return and doesn't result in you killing 2 skill-book vendors for no reason.

Seperate one member of your party and tell them Stingtail did it while leaving the rest of your party near Stingtail himself. Griff sends an assassin immediately and you can just use the rest of your party to help Stingtail defeat the assassin (you may have to manually attack her) and talk to him afterwards for an extra exp reward.

Did the Ferryman just teleport me into fucking death fog

Just level to 3 before you fight him.

>Giving Griff his drugs

how do I do the latter. There seems to be no chat options that'll persuade Griff to take just the Oranges then fuck off

Beast was a disappointment

Beast is in desperate need of content. He has fuck all to say at almost every part of the game.

>Willing to kill 3-4 people in cold blood over the principle of "don't do drugs kids" alone.
Let him fuck his life up, better than killing everyone in the area and causing a blood-bath in the camp kitchen because you didn't want the loser thug addict to get his next hit.

I honestly had such a bad experience when I met the elf girl, I didn't even try beast and later forgot where he was at.

So my party was the same all game: Lohse, Iffan, Red Prince, Fane.

i liked pillars a lot, should i buy this game?

Is there any mods for this game to make it first person like Skyrim? It looks fun but I hate the look of RTS games.

Why? It nets you more EXP, the drugs can be sold for good cash and they are human trash anyways.

You don't. You keep most of your party near Stingtail and only send one to hand over the oranges and tell him who did it and then switch back to controlling the rest of your party members to intercept the assassin. You know you can separate your party and move them individually right?

I've never gotten killing Griff over the drugs thing. It's clear he's a bit of a loser and a thug but being self-righteous and telling him you're not going to feed his drug habit just gets 3-4 other people killed for no reason, including the Scoundrel and Huntsman skill-book vendors (if you haven't sweet-talked Butter).

Bout to dump Beast in a corner on this playthrough and take Sebille again, for Fane / Ifan / Lohse / Sebille times.

Kinda missed out on Sebille in my opinion. I had a bad impression of her and Red Prince at first, but since I didn't know that you had full build freedom when I first booted up the game I had already chosen both of them and Lohse for a well-rounded party build.
I was surprised by both. They both have very good reasons to be the way they are and turn out to not only be valuable assets but also very good friends.

My character smokes drudanae all day every day in act II for that sick -2 ap cost to everything buff from the undertavern. I kill Griff because he's an extortionist. If you let him live he's going to keep collecting from innocents and no-one in the fort will learn anything.

>they are human trash anyways
>that cat is worth 45 xp

Yes
No, but it's doable. Some other camera mods for third person have been released so its only a matter of time.

Because there's no way to avoid killing at least 1 skill-book vendor and oh I don't know, murder is bad?

It's not that much less exp and it's way less trouble to just kill the assassin and get an extra exp chunk from Stingtail. I suppose if you're doing a murder-hobo play-through and are just killing everyone it doesn't matter but then you're just as bad as the human trash you're killing anyway.

This. I also romanced Sebille.

I killed Griff on both playthroughs cause he's a piece of shit and I wanted experience.

Just buy your stuff before getting into the fight.
If you are lucky they will even drop quite a bunch of things you sold them.

Its not murder if your telling them to fuck off and then they try to gang up on you and fail hard.

>Go Outlaw
>Expect Griff to get buddy buddy with you for helping him out
>Side with his goons against Ifan
>Get his Sparkler back
>Rat out Stingtail
>Nothing
Fuck sake

> If you let him live he's going to keep collecting from innocents and no-one in the fort will learn anything. They stop sending people to Fort Joy around the middle of Act 2 because everything is fucked up anyway, aside from the fact that many of the Magisters are dead after trying to stop you leaving.

>Murderhobo group kills 50%+ of the camps population in a bloody massacre then fucks off the deserted torture island on the only means of escape, leaving everyone else to fend for themselves.
Oh yeah, you totally did everyone a solid preventing that naughty "camp boss" from doing any more nasties.

They noticed, but it added such a nice feng shui to the room that they didn't mind.

He's a long term drug addict with an enabling wife that finally got a minimum amount of influence gifted to him by being shipped off to prison. You should know better than to suck up to a person that would be outclassed by a moldy dog turd.

>Going out of your way to kill Griff and his thugs, ending their lives when a perfectly peaceful resolution to the whole ordeal is possible - you even get to kill the assassin to sate your uncontrollable bloodlust.
Don't worry guys it's a "good" bloodbath.

Wouldn't you be able to just loot the books from the dead people that had them?

Or does this game just randomly decide what you can pick up from a dead guy?

A bunch of people escape after you leave nerd. Delores and his crew would have helped the innocents and the elves take care of themselves.

>Or does this game just randomly decide what you can pick up from a dead guy?
Basically yes. They often have items that you have sold to them while trading but you can't just murder a vendor and have access to their whole inventory.

>not patrician RP/Sebille/Fane/Lohse

So then why is killing Griff and his crew doing anyone a solid at that point? It's clear that people do fine for themselves and "he's a drug addict and an asshole" is hardly reason enough to outright slaughter the entire population of the kitchen unless you're playing a degenerate murderhobo.

I pickpocketed stingtail before sebille killed him and his remaining inventory was lootable, otherwise it's just the giant orange.

>peaceful resolution to the whole ordeal is possible - you even get to kill the assassin
>peaceful resolution
>kill the assassin
You realize the assassin is a person too right?
You are still killing somebody so this is not peaceful.

Just say its about the skillbooks, no need to feign wrong moral high ground.

Why the fuck should I care more about the life of a guy who sends fucking assassins after somebody who touched his drugs than the life of the sent assassin? And every person joining in on the fight to kill some people to get their bosses weeds is responsible for their own loss of life.

I like Red Prince but his quips a second time would probably get old.

I played Ifan my first playthrough and now I'm playing Fane, but I can't not bring Lohse, so.

Why does everyone love Fane so much? I took him with me on my latest play-through and he's kind of boring. I kept waiting for his personal quest to make any advancement for most of the game and then it all just got dumped on me in the dialogue leading up to the final fight, wtf.

From a roleplay perspective you enter that encounter without knowing it's going to be a bloodbath. You know Griff is a shithead and Stingtail and the Elf are not. You do what you can to avoid bloodshed and Griff has none of it and attacks your party. You defend yourself against him and carry on.

On paper the best way to handle that situation is the way the other user described. Selling Stingtail out and murdering his assassin. That way only one person dies and everyone gets to carry on. If you're playing the game blind you'd have no idea that was possible though.

>Why the fuck should I care more about the life of a guy who sends fucking assassins after somebody who touched his drugs than the life of the sent assassin? And every person joining in on the fight to kill some people to get their bosses weeds is responsible for their own loss of life.
Because the only reason to take the option that kills a huge portion of the camps populace is because you want the exp. Talk about it being "only about the skillbooks" all you want but killing a sole assassin and butchering 4+ people in the camp kitchen are different.

Let's just admit that all the murderhobo parties aren't doing the world a favor by killing Griff and co. and are just min-maxing like the emotionless spergs they are.

>huge portion
>4 extortionist murderchefs who will continue to do shitty things to people and serve shit food

Griff is a murdering, extorting cunt who locks people in cages just for the possibility they may have crossed him. If he wants to pick a fight with me because I won't tell him who stole his drugs, I'll gladly smash his head in.

Did you skip the blackpits dungeon in Act II and all of Nameless Isle somehow?

Fane is the most plot relevant companion by far

Everything Undead characters seem to be tacked on the last minute.

You are one delusional moralfag. Actively defending a gang of muggers and murderers. Most players end up killing Griff through self-defence and protecting Stingtail.

Or just let sebille open his belly, get the orange off his corpse, open the empty box and just let griff know what happened. Quest completed and your hands are clean! Unless ofc you want those pyro spells...

>On paper the best way to handle that situation is the way the other user described.
I am that user lol.

>From a roleplay perspective you enter that encounter without knowing it's going to be a bloodbath. You know Griff is a shithead and Stingtail and the Elf are not. You do what you can to avoid bloodshed and Griff has none of it and attacks your party. You defend yourself against him and carry on.
Oh I know. I'm just being a bit facetious because I don't get all the anons arguing for the "best for everyone" ending being stabbing everyone in the kitchen area to death because some loser is tweaking for his next drug hit and gets violent. I know you don't see it coming but if you're aware of both options just killing the assassin alone is clearly the better choice from a 'not murdering people unnecessarily' standpoint.

>peaceful resolution to the whole ordeal is possible - you even get to kill the assassin
So you want it to be a numbers game with 4 lives being more worth than 1? Ok Griff in his short time imprisoned somebody because lolcouldhavetouchedhisdrugs and probably would have killed him and sent an assassin to kill the guy who touched his drugs.

With the way hes going, Im fairly sure the balance of living people will be on the plus side of those who eradicated Griff and his gang.

>Only reason is xp
Yeah, let's ignore that Griff and his troupe of bottom feeders are extorting, bullying and straight up murdering other camp denizens and get away due to them having cornered the food market, which they have no part in providing.

You get a choice - Get rid of four people that will not be missed or allow for a corrupt, yet productive member of his society and a holy man to get murdered, probably after being tortured for a while.

How do I keep my stats constantly on so I don't have to constantly hover over it.

I don't get why everyone are so bothered by "muh pyro spells". You can easily get to a pyro vendor in Amadia shrine like at level 3-4.

Better just kill everyone in the Undertavern as well since it's clear they're up to some dodgy shit. I bet you all murdered the guys who come to extort you after sleeping with the Lizard as well too. I like how you're all acting like I'm stuck on some moral bs when you're the ones proclaiming who has the right to live and die by your hand like some deranged serial killer who only 'kills the bad people'.

He was interesting at first, then they don't do much with him.

You are not forced to make a decision in the Undertavern, so it is up to you if you want to get involved.

The so called "extortionists" gave me no choice, straight up telling me that they are now going to kill me with no option to get out of it on my part, which makes this a self defence situation.

Yes I played Blackpits but it's still not much of a development, his amnesia is completely unnecessarily given how his character arc all works out.

>Fane is the most plot relevant companion by far
But this is the problem, he does nothing almost all game but muddle about and then at the end the game pulls this AHA SEE HE'S SO IMPORTANT AND SO DEEP HE GAVE THE GODS THE SECRET TO THEIR POWER WHOAARR moment like it's supposed to be profound. It may have had a little more impact if like ~90% of Fane's dialogue outside of the small bit at Blackpits and before the end fight wasn't some stupid gag about how he's a spoopy skeleton and doesn't need to eat food or how being a glorious Eternal he's confused about what a fucking handshake is etc.

>Have clear evidence of gang activities witnessed first hand
>Kill them in self-defence when they attack you with intent to kill
>This somehow means players are murderhobos who might as well kill any NPC on suspicion of wrong doing

Delusional.

On this note - Where is the actual law enforcement in rivellon? All we get to see is the divine Order and the paladins, but those are supposed to be religious orders in peace times, right?

HEAR YE
HEAR YE

lads help. How do I keep the text on

how do i make act 3 interesting? it's so boring being on an island in combat. i want a fucking town

You don't, sadly.

>That autistic friend who picks up every fucking item under the sun instead of just prioritising items that have a high value/low weight and slows the adventuring to a crawl

Well, you help the Magisters in Driftwood and it really does look like they're just the law enforcement there.

>Know there's a way to resolve this situation that keeps all innocent parties alive and results in less loss of life
>Purposefully take the option that kills 4+ people anyway because you judge the world as being better off without them
And you guys keep trying to pretend like I'm the one morally grandstanding here.

Arx is the next act.

>Big Red will never enslave you
Dang

I wish somebody besides this meme kobold artist would make lizard smut.

Any tips for someone who just started and wants to use lots of magic?

Act 3 is the shortest Act easily. Also you're going to get your fill of "town" in the next Act so sit tight my friend.

The more I think about, the less pleasant Rivellon seems. Climate seems nice, but living in a Theocratic dictatorship where the authorities can't even keep the main roads safe and false imprisonment and public executions are a daily occurence seems really unpleasant.

>"let me think"

Is Tarquin bugged? Should I regret giving him the sword parts?

Enchanter
Wizard
Wayfarer
Fighter/Knight

Spec the Wayfarer into a hybrid who deals both physical and magical damage to assist both your mages and your melee character of choice. This is the best way of having split damage with no pitfalls.

>classic isometric-style cRPG
>"the look of RTS games"

Are staffs less powerfull than same-level 2-handers? Also, can you improve a staff?

This is exactly why I think the lobotomize yourself ending is a cop-out. After all the shit we've seen in game and how after our favorite theocratic dictator has actually committed genocide on almost an entire race before, there's no reason to think that everything is going to be sunshine and rainbows out the ass when you zombie yourself and put him back on the throne.

>"Oh yeah just basically kill yourself after all you've worked for and all the pain and suffering you've seen. Don't worry I'll take on the hardship of being god-emperor of the entire Realm though because I'm a nice guy like that."
The level of cucked you need to be to give in to Lucian and Dallis at the end never ceases to amaze me.

Lucian makes no sense at all to me. Even if he knew exactly what the gods were up to, he is still the Divine and while he was not in hiding, the Voidwoken were actually beaten back. the god plan worked, however dark it was.

Now, I can understand him trying to fix the whole thing, but instead of taking one of the obvious and rather foolproof paths to fixing the tear by using surplus source or even going with his plan of destroying the gods without leaving his post, he instead decided to murder Tir Cendelius by genociding as well as abandoning his watch.

Lucian is either the most retarded single individual in the history of RPG's or just a massive arsehole with no sense of right and wrong.

Irenicus would be rolling in his grave.

pathetic game then tbqh&f farmiliaia

Staffs scale with intelligence and the elemental school that they belong to. You can also improve them with runes. Most element runes are like +15% elemental damage and +3 int when you max them out and combine them with a powerful rune frame.

Pure physical two hand builds are stronger than staff builds, but staffs can become as strong as spells if you build for them. Physical builds are just dominant right now.