/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Edition of the Great Ones

Mercy for the poor wizened thread: >information - If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/05/beasts-and-kin.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

POST THE FIRST WEBM YOU EVER MADE. DO IT

I want to have a mini Abhorrent Beast as my pet

Ihyll spelunk at wjymfgen. Pass is hello.

Very first one I made for bbg

i don't have it with me but it was from my first fight club and it was me getting killed by a bom dashr1 phantom hit

Why is my health so low in this defiled pthumeru chalice thing???

I'm booting up the game now

Cursed offering.
Prepare your anus

I don't understand why this is taking so long.

Is keeper the most disappointing boss of all time?
>has neat aesthetic
>has cool moveset
>his armor you can actually get
>realize he's a pushover
>you can get him to spam his "get off me" attack which is the easiest thing in the game to parry
>you can stop him from buffing with a bullet
>any weapon with decent knockback gets him in an endless combo so you can just r1/l1 spam him and then dash away when you have a bit of stamina left, rinse and repeat until he's dead
>you can do this while he is buffed too, in case you missed a shot so you dont even need to worry about parrying

Why is he designed so poorly when he is one of the more aesthetically pleasing bosses in the game?

Have you tried reringing?
And egg invaded again, that can fuck with it too.

I have to SRRC unfortunately but im ringing now

my cheesy build

I'm at L1.

ok im sorry I'll get rid of the rune now, i just needed to get that out of my system

Anybody else coming?

It's a shame that I never managed to see our invader eye to eye, thanks for hosting.
Also this elder dropped me a quite nice gem indeed, too bad I'll never use it

srrcing

Thanks for joining me natalya and nanachi and egg too for invading us
Not really a interesting chalice but I had fun hope you guys had that too.

Definitely had fun my dude.
Gonna webm those Egg invasions

I'm an offlinemode poorfag and now I want to co-op with a buddy. Does registering new PSN accounts still net a 14-day trial?

Hey guys hopefully soon former enbfriend here. I saw some discussion in the last thread and decided to clear some misunderstandings :
1. I'm unfortunately not lying about going to therapy. I had a sobering moment when anons on /v/ started calling my infatuation with his sister creepy and unhealthy so that was a wake-up call that maybe /dsg/ and /bbg/ weren't totally wrong after all. I wish I was lying about it because it's a really shameful thing to talk about to someone who does not even really understand Twitch eceleb culture. Not to mention somewhat expensive, the two alternative treatments I considered would have come at a cheaper cost.

2. I never meant the whole waifufags ruining /bbg/ as anyone with a female character being cancer like shitposter-kun did. My opinion on it was that there were times when the ERPfaggotry in the thread was no longer about the game but rather weird sexual exchanges and cattiness towards other FC goers / co-operators it was getting really cunty. As was the way Segalt and a few others whose PSN I.Ds were intentionally shouted out in the thread were treated. I never spammed the thread with calls to blank out waifufaggots like shitposter-kun did, I just left quietly. That's why I said shitposter-kun had a point in his ramblings but I disagree with his methods of pointing it out.
3. I stopped discussing ENB in this general because he was no longer all that relevant to this general after stopping his Bloodborne runs and I accepted that nobody besides me was interested in discussing him in the first place. There were some people over at /dsg/ who are interested in discussing him / his streams every now and then but considering most of the anons wanted me to stop bringing him up regardless of the context I am doing the best I can to respect their wishes and yours for that matter.

Keeper is just an NPC fight but not every fight needs to be super epic. It's a bit of a filler boss but acceptable Chalices.

>that health and dmg red
I hope you're reverting that save afterwards eggo

man im really rusty at this pee vee pee stuff

Is there an impromptu or what

Ty for polite update

And admitting flaws is the first step to recovery. You can do it!

Three thrust gems, got only one 32.6% in and I used a lead elixir so that's why you did so little damage.

I love that every time (you) post that retarted shit you always try to answer some people's(or even yours) in-game questions just so you can't really be reported

no le faye's spelunk session is being invaded and im just bulletspamming

Curse rite halves your hp.

Oh shid i though you killed faye so i didnt even try to dodge it

Ringing at Layer 3, Provocative.

Aight Faye my eyelids are getting real heavy as it should be at this hour and srrc isnt helping so i'm bailing out, have fun you two.
Lotteout

Any vacuous request?
>hello vacuous hunter

The only disappointment for me is that you can't get his hat without the ugly skull mask attached.

What did i miss

Autism

yes, but which flavor

The mask also deletes your head. While wearing it your face is just a floating mask and hat.

thanks for taking me along and sorry i was so shit faye

Wall of text blogpost

Thanks for coming, Provocative and Lotte and Nignog. Sorry for the wait at L3, I was waiting for Eggnigger, but he fucked up.

BAHs sure do drop weird gems

what the fuck

How would you even use it? Fire/Poison Wheel?

It's a circle gem
No version of the wheel can accept it

I didn't even notice that, I thought it was a Waning.
What's left, a sort of converted Chikage? The budget version of Maria's third phase?

Doesn't work on that either. Made a save then leveled BLT enough to use a lost chikage. Added the gem in and hit the doll a few times.
No fire damage whatsoever. Completely useless
Doesn't work on the firearms either so

You could just look at the post they are quoting.

But the skull mask is stylish as fuck.

Not if it's deleted

This is going up there alongside that one gem that had Phys Up at Full HP with a Depletes Curse.

kek

I think we can all agree it's disappointing that Element converted weapons don't have an element aura like weapons that have had papers/EPS applied to them

The sound would get annoying after a while, it definitely does for Beast Claws, at least for me.
If the effect was minor like with untricked Tonitrus it might be cool.

THE TWINS ARE BLACK??????????

No it's just the lighting

Hey /bbg/ following the chalice dungeon guide, along with a speedrun video, and I got to Isz, I'm 3 ritual blood 5 short, how did that happen and where can I get them?

You need to farm then in Lower Loran. Here's the updated guide.

Ailing Loran, actually.

when it says no additional rites, does that mean dont go for the shared fixed dungeon? Because that shows up under the additional rites column when i search

I didnt say thanks to hibiki for his help with camera beast yesterday, sorry for that man.

Thanks user, i got it. Huh, ng+ seems easy considering you can just buy half the shit, maybe i should go kill mp then, and spend these 700k souls i have from beaten up chalice bosses.

>page 9

So, what are sinister root chalices even for? AFAIK you make FRCs with normal root chalices, and you know other than that you just search for them for FREE.

Sinister dungeons make a bell maiden appear automatically in the layer, even if you don't ring your bell.

ah, so you make a sinister FRC for fightclubs?

Biggest missed opportunity of the game right there. Sinister Bell should have been a rite like Foetid, Rotted and Cursed. There's no reason, ever, to do a Sinister Chalice because you can't get the good gems from them.

Imagine every time you ran a chalice farming gems you risked being invaded, it would be fantastic.

is there a list of all kin and beasts in this game? getting so many kin/beast down curses instead of stamina and I wouldnt mind using 2 different weapons for each, but half the time I don't know. Like i know werewolves are beasts obviously, and emissaries are kin and great ones are kin. But like sackmen, are they anything? Pthumerians? Madmen? Brainsuckers? etc?

Brainsuckers are kin
The enemies that look like tall human zombies are pthumerians

So anything that isnt furry isn't a beast and anything that isnt gloopy isn't a kin?

So pthumerians are basically just hunters in terms of defense?

Just farm stamina up gems, switching weapons like that fucking suck.

They count as undead I believe, so they're weak to righteous damage (inflicted by most Church weapons).
Then you have other enemies that are their own thing, such as the armored people and spiders in Mensis, the giants in Nightmare Frontier, snake balls, Cainhurst winged monsters etc

Pthumerians take +50% damage from arcane, but otherwise nothing special.

How's this look for a bloodtinge build? Is it optimal?

military vet
lvl 98
vit: 48
end: 15
str: 14
skl: 15
bld: 50
arc: 6

Yes, but most of all why the FUCK don't arcane-converted weapons have a visual effect on hit like the rest do? FUCKING WHY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

that's currently what im rocking right now except 45/18. feels breddy gud. I'm destroying chalices with my letter and chicago, and bowblade helps me cheese amys and abhos. I fought emissary and ebby in isz with my bloodletter, forgetting I had all kin down gems in it, and i still destroyed it easily.

Take 1 away from skl. Bowblade is trash

looks good.

it was recommended to me as a good build to try them all. Not sure how much better it would be if I just chose one and really filed down a few points here and there to maximize

You're trash.

Not better at all, doing a pure blt build that can't use every blt weapon is extremely dumb.

Doesn't it technically give you a little more damage if you only you the minimum required to weild it and max other stats? Really splitting hairs here

>needing or wanting to use the bowblade
>ever

Get a load of this giga-shitter

I was thinking it'd be visual only, maybe not be as intense visually either, that way a clever player can tell if their opponent is using a Paper or a Converted weapon

>he doesn't like being stylish in bloodborne
Oh wow

Bows are classic hunter weapons.

Forgoing one or two out of three bloodtinge weapons in the entire game isn't worth a handful more AR, which you'd only get on untricked modes since you should be having 50 blt anyway.

hello friend

Makes sense to me. Gonna start my bloodtinge run soon, in the spirit of the season

bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/05/beasts-and-kin.html?m=1

Why is descendant so hecking hard?
>bullets fly through him like he is a ghost
>parry timings seem to only be 1-2 frame windows
>he never stops attacking
>if you manage to get a bit away from him he chucks his weapons at you at lightning speed
>his powerup time only takes like 5 seconds and he dashes back 3 times before he does it so there is no way you can bs him and stop it

Is that HMPH?

What?