/acg/ - Armored Core General

i liked the boss fights edition

Last Raven: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

LET IT FUCKING DIE

nah

NEVER

being a stubborn fag with a ded serie, is a particular branch of fun on its own.

I'm getting ready to play Armored Core V for the first time, is there anything important I should know?

servers for multiplayer and the special bosses are down, so is lost content, some frame issues and one of the best villian on the franchise.

Since the thread is kind of dead, I hope you don't mind my asking, but do y'all have any pointers for someone just starting the series out at AC2? The choice of parts to go with is kind of overwhelming, when I'm just looking for a fairly simple all-rounder to begin with.

Having trouble making money because the cost for failing missions is so high. I'm getting better but fucking up a couple of early missions has left my balance well in the red and I'm only just now recovering many missions later.

I'm doing OK in the arena so far, taken the first 3 or so guys with relative ease.

Why in God's name are LRJ so fucking ugly

Arena will help you recoup that money.
Energy weapons have no ammo cost, so you can grab one of those to squeeze out some extra money.
I'm not going to tell you to learn the trajectory of every missile in the game, but be aware that there are a lot of different trajectories and knowing a few of them will let you shoot from behind cover effectively.

Yeah, I figured Arena was my best chance to practice at the very least but also win some money back. They payouts aren't huge at the start but I'm assuming they ramp up steadily.

I'm pretty confident fighting one opponent, its groups that fuck me up. Like, I made the mistake of going into the first mission with those floating eye MTs too hot, basically ran into the centre of the rooms where they could all fire on me at once, and they tore me to shreds. Hung by the doors and picked them off on my second try, much easier. The 'defend the bridge' mission was a mess though, if I let more than one enemy get anywhere near me their fire would stunlock me and I'd be fucked. Failed that one twice before I figured out how to predict their firing patterns etc.

As I say I've been doing OK since then, but those couple of mistakes were enough to wipe out aaall the money I had at that point, so I'm miles away from being able to afford any significant upgrades.

Also, about the trajectories thing - yeah I've already learned to kind of cheese my way through with the standard missiles they give you in the beginning. Lock two of them on from behind an obstacle and quickly boost jump up to release missiles.

bumo

Sorry for going off topic, but did anyone see the new trailer for Pacific Rim: Uprising? I know it looks Micheal Bay-ish, but I think it might still be a fun little action movie. Not getting my hopes up tho.

I hope it doesnt repeat the same mistake (at least for me) from the first movie, all those cool and different robots, that just were killed without much glory time for them, one didnt even got his fight show; also, I think the new mechas look rather similar.

Good night /acg/

When was it ever implied that she had a dog?

You shut your whore mouth

As long as it's robots its a-okay

bumpu

Reposting from last thread:
Do you guys have the image that related projectile speed with effective range in ACVD?

It looka less interesting, more sports like.
I feel disappointment from the trailers, but I'll still watch it, maybe that'll help cultivate a mech culture in cinema.

What's /acg/'s opinion on Project Nimbus on steam? From watt I've played, it's a lot of fun and similar to Armored Core.

Yep, except it isn't quite dead yet!

I played it a year or so ago. It had the looks down, but I wasn't quite able to grasp how the lock-on and movement systems worked. Felt more like random button mashing than AC fighting. I guess it's similar to 4th gen in a sense.

JUST

Is Strayed, FA protagonist, nips like to represent him as somekind of dog because of the name "strayed" and oldking calling you "lap dog", basically he is a stray dog that kazumi picked somewhere and turn him on the best pilot of his moment

Pilots have canon looks?

Nope, it's just the artists' renditions of what they think they would look like. For example, most people draw May Greenfield with long, green hair.

I see.
How do they usually draw Otsdarva and Old King? Or do they only draw female pilots.