pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Last thread:Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc
store.steampowered.com/app/502520/Ultimate_General_Civil_War/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can I get skaven tips, I won a VH campaign by just using an artillery box but feel like that isn't how they are meant to be played. In particular can I get advice about doomwheels, plague monks with and without censer bearers, and gutter runners. My usual army comp was 4 artillery 4-6 death globes, a hero, and the rest stermvermin. I want to try again and change it up a bit.

>beating delf scum with mostly low tier soldiers
feels good to put the bastards in place. What annoys me a lot though is that Tyrone was wounded when I confederated him, so now he is gone, which is fucking ridiculous because CA hasn't fixed this since TWW1, the damned incompetent twats

I've been having a very weird campaign with Skrolk on VH. The dwarves and Loremasters keep sending shitty meme armies at my settlements, like seven grudgethrowers and two miner units or three HE heroes and three eagles. Is this normal?

Could this be the start of a beautiful friendship?

I'm going to have a bloody orgy with the elves as Beastmen!

why is Teclis so ugly. Is he British or what?

They did fix it. When I played as Wintertooth I confederated when Wulfrik was wounded and still got him. The fix probably didn't make it into WH2 though. Compartmentalization and all that.

oi shut your mouf

In my game some randomly generated rogue faction lord has ended up taking over the whole south of Naggarond and parts of Lustria. His armies are mostly a mix of Chaos Chosen and elite Dark Elf units like Black Dragons and Cold Ones.

Is this normal or a consequence of the mods I'm using? I can't recall seeing faction-mixed rebels before.

Good chance it'll actually come with the norsca patch then, assuming that's the "bring everything up to speed with the current first game" patch.

It's normal
What's weird is seeing a rogue army take that much territory

how do i deal with high elves dragons and eagles as skaven?

So I fugged up my Mors campaign by letting a general get a way higher level than Queek meaning he constantly has loyalty problems, but I found an easy way to circumvent it.

>remove all items and equipment
This should drive the lord's loyalty down to 0. Note that loyalty cannot go below 0 and lord's with 0 loyalty only defect on the next turn.
>add all the items back
This bumps up loyalty back up to around 5 which is a good number to work with for a few turns. With this you can keep any lord indefinitely as either Dark Elves or Skaven.

A S R A I

I'm playing my first total war game since shogun 2 right now on legendary with Kroq-gar.

What are the best skills for him? I can't figure out which skills are good, but it seems the one to boost his individual unit are pretty shit?

Doomwheels are shock cav for skaven, don't treat them like a monster. Plague monks are low armor anti-infantry so use them as flankers or keep them in reserve and let shielded clanrats or stormies take point and then bring in the monks when the get fatigued. Censor bearers are your weed-whacker for armored high armor units, tarpit them with clanrats and then let the censor bearers hit them from a flank or the rear to crush their HP or the LD in less than 5 seconds.

Gutter runners with poison are amazing, use them to kite saurus warriors for a laff as you rampage them off the map. Otherwise, treat them like missile cav rather than like archers, they're great for skirmishing and luring dumb units away from the front to get ambushed. Also, don't forget they have decent melee so they can be good flankers in a pinch.

How can Lizards be Chad if they are dickless?

Death Globe Bombadiers and Warp Lightning Cannons.

>enemies will not get a foothold
>whole island is covered in skank
I was wondering why mom wasn't helping out in my Lustria pillaging, until I had a look at Ulthuan.

>it seems the one to boost his individual unit are pretty shit

user please.

based mommy

stormvermin halberds can take them out pretty easily if you can pin them down at all.

Poison wind globadiers have anti large so should be good, but I've never really used them

Warp cannons are trash for hitting flyers in my experience so don't use them.

massed slings might work at wittling them down too

I've never seen those rogue factions and I've played 50+ hours.

Yellow is generally useless for Lords, it's designed for heroes. Red is far too tempting from an army perspective for a Lord.

Rogue Armies are designed to be mutli-faction, and some of them can run wild and gobble up territory if the AI shits the bed.

Patch to fix units forgetting their orders W.H.E.N

Vashnaar is a real cunt, the mix of Chaos and Dark elfs he leads is pretty damn strong and he usually end's up taking a sizable chunk of land as befitting his factions name "Vashnaar's Conquest". I guarantee he was some CA employees OC

>millions are dead

this is more of a general problem I have, and the reason I tend to gravitate towards either noob boxes or blob charging, but how do you flank effectively.

Everytime I flank I either spend forever chasing away archers, or if I ignore the archers thinking that I can hammer and anvil really quick then deal with the archers, my flankers get shot in the back and get destroyed. If I send one or two units after archers to just scare them off while the rest of the flankers take out the line, they get needled to death and never catch the archers.

If I bring cavalry they just end up being the flankers and I never get to use lawnmower infantry because I need a solid line to be the anvil. I know I should probably be trying to pin down multiple units with only one but I can never get the hang of tarpitting effectively.

I know that is a lot to cover, so is there a video or something so I can finally graduate from using the noob box strat and be a true understander?

Does he spread chaos corruption? In one of my party south Lustria was completely corrupted and those guys had a few settlements there

Nah he's a real in-lore dude:

>It was clear to the Slann that Chaos was ascendant, and they predicted that the attacks on the nexus points could only be followed by a direct assault upon Lustria itself. Yet Lustria is vast, and where the foe might strike was hidden from their foresight. The mind-miasma that had affected the Mage-Priests since the Great Catastrophe was intensifying, and each Slann felt his orderly and tranquil thoughts pulled in all directions. With the depletion of so many sacred sites, for a time all balance was lost and the Mage-Priests were blind to what was about to occur. From the jungles north of Hexoatl came a vast army, a force composed of thousands of mortal servants of Chaos. A mercenary throng of Dark Elves from Naggaroth led them, acting as scouts for the hordes from the north. At the head of the force, atop a smoke-belching Dragon the shade of midnight, rode a being of purest evil - Vashnaar the Tormentor, an anointed Champion of the Dark Gods.

He should really be a Chaos champion over a DE one though.

tomorrow

He does. I wasn't even worried about the armies necessarily, but the whole place is essentially 100% corrupt too. Going to be a bitch winkling him out.

true Phoenix King walkin through

What stack should I bring to the final battle as Cult of Pleasure? I could bring 19 Hydras but I don't know if that would perform well.

Use your Menace from Below or Vermintide spawns to tie up archers and arty while your frontline is charging.

Are you locked group advancing or still individually ordering units to attack down the line?

Vashnaar's Conquest also instantly spawns 13 strong units in any settlement they garrison.

Are there some units missing from the roster they will had later?

I actually keep my main line stationary. Should I not be doing that?

Undoubtedly, yes. There will be a few units added through DLC.

>Get char grilled for being a maximum asshole
>After 4000 years Asuryan's just like 'Dude bro it was just a prank it was just a social experiment bro'.
I really hope there's a special place in hell for whoever ok'd the end times lore.

Squeek is extremely pissed that I ruined his plans.

That's not a tail, bro.

AYO HOL UP
>sharpens cages
SO YOU IS SAYIN
>sharpens tents
WE WUZ
>sharpens braziers

That was a bit of a shock first time I saw him, dude brings some raw power. He actually took two of mom's provinces in my game, although by the time I sailed around to help out he was already down to one settlement. Maybe trying to bully the #1 AI wasn't such a good idea.

Some themed army?

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

all shades. You get infinite ammo so ranged units are a million times more effective.

As skaven you should ALWAYS be moving, get those guys into combat. Tie up enemies, make a VERY long front line that way when you lock group advance the units on the wings of the line will move inward and engage with archers in the back lines or can be quickly turned to hammer the enemy's back and flanks.

Alternatively, target missile units with your arty and magic if there aren't any priority targets.

Oh god.

For non caster lords It feel like you get enough points to get a little of everything desu

NEED TROPHIES YES-YES!

>7/20 units being low tier means your army is mostly low tier

Helf players are retarded

QUEEK'D

CLAN MORS TRIUMPHANT

Are names of power random?

Sure, after 40 levels you'll have dipped into every tree, but odds are you'll be mostly red with a splash of blue and maybe 6 in specials and then another 6 in melee.

>I won a VH campaign by just using an artillery box but feel like that isn't how they are meant to be played

>implying the faction with the best artillery and the least good high-tier ranged and melee infantry isn't exactly supposed to be played like that
trying to pull off anything cheeky like using warpfire throwers, rat ogres or doomwheels is at this point gimping yourself
flanking is already covered far too well by the menace below to justify the cost and upkeep of doomwheels or rat ogres
aoe damage is also already covered far too well by both artillery pieces to justify getting warpfire throwers that are retarded beyond all measure in actually shooting things or a doomwheel that'll route after half a minute of being in the fray anyway

>not America: Civil War, where I can defend states rights to enslave niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=IUjLE_N1Cuc

Are any of the single combatant monster units worth their price?

I could make an All-Shields Army or a Khaine themed army with Witch Elves, Khainite Assassins and Hags. That sounds interesting.

Problem are caster/fighter hybrid lord, I wish they could get to level 50

>tfw you actually played warhammer fantasy on tabletop and now all these faggots are running around acting like they know the lore because the advisor told them

store.steampowered.com/app/502520/Ultimate_General_Civil_War/

It's made by a famous former Total War modder called Darth. you might like it

Get out.

>tfw you forget to use your cavalry most of the times

Every Wood Elves battle for me
>I'll hide these Wild Riders in the woods, it'll be brilliant
>start battle
>win it, bloodied and bruised
>wtf I had Wild Riders this whole time

So, when does Teclis' campaign get "hard," I'm like 25 turns deep and nothing has been a real challenge.

Tell me about Karl's ass, loremaster.

what difficulty

Easy

>flanking is already covered far too well by the menace below to justify the cost and upkeep of doomwheels or rat ogres
What if you have no food?

Normal, I'm a casul and the first Warhammer's hard campaigns were much more of a challenge.

I'm too dumb to play wood elves

>tfw no cute dreadlord mistress-gf

> Wanting to be on the losers team every god damn time :^)

Why the fuck does it not count as declaring war if someone invites a faction to war with you?

It's fucking bullshit that it circumvents defensive allies.

literally how
as soon as your melee infantry is moshed up with the enemy melee infantry and your ranged infantry is active, you should have at least 10-20 seconds to micro your cavalry before swapping targets or using spells

European Extreme

>Designed so you can't chain siege
Perfidious saphery as always. Gonna make the loremasters bow.

How do I deal with norscan memedogs? They always flank me

Magic spawns work pretty much the same, just make sure to boost your caster's speed.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Wood Elf battle tactics

Slap them away with a couple of seconds of melee from pretty much any unit in the game, they're pathetic

Well for High Elves cav is shit to use other than running down routers. Silver helms aren't generally worth it since they lose speed for slightly more armour and possibility of shields. Reavers can more reliably run down routers to force them to break and never come back. Significantly reduces archer micro.

lorthern sea guard are also low tier user, so its 12/20

Keep an inf unit in reserve right next to your missile line that can counter flank, or melee cav works fine.

Teach me, they seem too squishy and micro heavy for me

Can dark riders handle them?
It’s just that there are like millions

They get flanked too

Mortal Empires when sweeties

i bought the 2nd game just for the fucking combined campaign when the fuck is it coming out cucks

Play skaven and never get flanked again.

Dark riders can be enough but they can also get routed

I haven't played much of delves, but honestly any dedicated melee unit that isn't a joke like skavenslaves should beat them outright. It'll be worse when Norsca gets updated though.

Before the end of the year is about as close to an estimate as we've gotten so far.

Anyone know?

I have not used cavalry once in TW2 except for shitty garrison units

Everything else is just so much stronger

Yeah, cavalry is so bad in WH2.

>want to abandon Tiranoc so I actually get to play some Fortress gate battles
>it's the most prosperous of any of my provinces
What do?

If they release it at the very last minute of the time that they said it would come within, it will come within 6 weeks from now at the most.