/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s12zQoMZno0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsUilre3R4M
youtu.be/57rGpKrOEwI?t=1m22s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lili has such a kissable face.

Sorry dude, just finished my grinding for today. Maybe tomorrow.

wtf is wrong with this lili model

I love Lili!

you good?

Oh well I play on PC so I think it is reactable

It should be reactable with 4+ bars on PC. On PS4 it is impossible at 4, and you need to have predicted it to block it at 5.

Rather

PS4 - Impossible to block at at 3 bars
Blockable only on prediction at 4
Reactable at 5, with a sub 200 ms reaction time.

Damn, PS4 version really does suck some serious ass.

It's a damn shame how much it's holding things back. If we lived in a fantasy world where PC was viable for all tournaments we would live in a world where JDCR was the Heihachi king

calm down aris...
youtube.com/watch?v=s12zQoMZno0

Hey unlike Aris I fully understand that from a logistic perspective it's just never going to happen since PC's cost way too much and fgc is poverty tier. It's a shame because he's right that it could bring tons of money into the scene since endemic sponsors would be interested AND all fighting games could be played at perfect settings. Unfortunately I don't think the fgc will ever eat sports at that degree.

I don't think it's a cost issue. You can rent PC's for the large events. I think the issue may be that there is a lack of personal savvy enough with PC's to set it up. Because you're talking about installing a bunch of games on different PC's in an efficient manner. Steam accounts could be a problem too, but I think companies would be willing to give keys out just for events or better, builds of the game that do not even require steam.
Fighting games are easier in way rather than running say a Counterstrike tournament. You wouldn't even have to run network cable if all the pc's are updated properly. Since you can have a match on the same PC without a functioning LAN. For casuals though it's another story. Most fighting game players I noticed aren't into PC games, and lack gaming PC's. So it makes it really hard to have casuals setup on PC, though there are ways around it with small form factor pc's and cases made specifically for LAN parties. Though those are rare nowadays. But yeah, I think it's completely possible for the bigger events, it's just that at the local level I think there is a problem.

You forget the logistics of running a game in pools. They usually need around 30-40 setups, more if they simultaneously run another game. Compare this to fps where you only ever need 10 computers in use.

The issue is that they would have to take the hit them hope sponsors got interested, meanwhile Sony actively sponsors a lot of fgc tournaments and provides stacks of PS4s for premiere events. I agree in the long run it makes sense but it's a huge investment when the money isn't there and it's not a guaranteed return on the investment.

why can you low parry a crouch jab? isn't that a mid?

>hey can we get story costumes
>harada: ok

mad cunt

there's going to be a lot of new nina players after they are released...

why are there two es?

crouch jabs are special mids, sp. mids can be blocked crouching and standing

anything that is a limb and is blocked low is low parryable, crouch jab is can be blocked crouching and is a limb so that's why it's low parryable

crouch jabs are trash on paper but on practice they're really good for stealing turns since they give +frames on hit, safe on block, and high crushes

don't get predictable with it though bc hopkicks can low crush and they can be low parried

very useful info
thanks a lot, user!

is there a good way of knowing what's a special mid and what's not?

if u go into practice mode and hit the cpu, mids should come up as yellow and sp.mids should come up as green

what's this about new costumes?

>be at far distance against claudio
>claudio running toward me

I know for 100% sure hes gonna do WR2.
what is the best punish? duck or sidestep

Duck and WS Launch Punish him.

Why can't I low parry in some oki situations? I'm on the ground, I get up with u, immediately followed by d/f and it blocks low. What gives?

Miguel's stance looks stupid

How do I get better at tekken? I'm a converted Eddy scrub (although I did ok playing him) and I wanted to switch to Dragunov, I learned several of his juggles but I'm nowhere near pulling them off in a match. I can do them in practice mode but online it all goes to shit.

the answer to your (general) question is to play more and practice.

Huh, never thought about that. Thanks!

>1000 win brawler

>that one 2000+ win beginner Nina that spams the most telegraphed l,h,l string.

Hey can some one gift me T7 on steam pls

sent ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsUilre3R4M

Never get murdered again

wtf 2 rips?!?

>increased dragunov's worm edge startup by 2 frames

Why this change out of everything?

One million dead Asukas and counting jesus christ online is the worst

I stopped playing online Tekken
I'm forever stuck in orange but I don't care anymore

>want to play brain fury but cant kbd without getting back sway

>learning kbd the wrong way
you fucked up

At a certain point I just can’t focus because I keep running into the same characters.

play in lobbies

That’s probably what I’ll end up doing but the game is sort of getting old for me anyway. Not that it’s bad, I’m just losing interest. It’s not as fun as when I first started.

Tekken will die in February.

You seem to be lost.

>1,403 In-Game

What went wrong?

fighting games suck for player retention. the average player doesn't want to autistically memorise a million numbers just to be able to begin to have fun

Why is this so much harder to connect then it looks?
youtu.be/57rGpKrOEwI?t=1m22s

What is dead may never die.

>excited for the San Fran World Tour finals
>realise only just now that today is October and the World Final is next month

I even bought popcorn...

Oh thank god.

does that OK mean "I'll go do that" or "I read that, but I don't give a shit"

oh shit, you're right. with harrada it could go either way. damn

does tekken have active lobbies or am i doomed to play casuals/ranked with people who won't rematch me

people seem to make huge ass lobbies in this game where it takes half an hour to get your turn
try the discord if you want lobby matches

katarina is my pure virgin wife no one else can play her.

>Netcode made worse with each update
>Customization options severely lacking and no effort to improve it since launch
>First DLC pack adds worthless offline bowling and more joke items
>Still missing fan favorite characters
>Long load times
>No instant rematches without loading or quick map rotation
>Irritating amount of ducked matches in ranked due to focus on superficial promotions rather than gaining substantial match-up experience

Fighting games as a genre is dying. It's not as big as it used to be during ps3/30 and earlier gens. It also doesn't help that fightin games devs get more lazy with each iteration.

>>Netcode made worse with each update
No just they removed things like names and character, the netcode is largely the same for better or worse
>>Customization options severely lacking and no effort to improve it since launch
Agreed, it sucks. Fuck customs I miss real costumes.
>>First DLC pack adds worthless offline bowling and more joke items
Wouldn't call them joke items but yes, especially bowling being offline only the dlc was very underwhelming
>>Still missing fan favorite characters
Cry more, the only ones left that are unique and no representation are Lei and Julia but everyone forgets that hardly fucking anyone played Lei
>>Long load times
They aren't that bad on PC, although I wish UE4 didn't load so slow in general. It's all because of the side selection system that makes loading times higher and I think people would cry way more if that was removed.
>>No instant rematches without loading or quick map rotation
I think the lack of rematch in lobbies is what's retarded, but I remember that was something Harada openly acknowledged and said they will correct so hopefully he keeps his word. Other than that I wish there were like 2 more stages at least.
>>Irritating amount of ducked matches in ranked due to focus on superficial promotions rather than gaining substantial match-up experience
That's every online game ever

this mindset of blaming developers is so fuckin irritating

remember back in Tag1 when ogres and mishimas were OBJECTIVELY the best characters in the game by far, that game was hella unbalanced but still people played it because they weren't whiny children

or in T5 where steve could get a guaranteed launcher off of 3, 1, 1 (i think? don't quite remember) but people kept playing anyways and adapted to it in their own ways instead of crying for balance patches

the modern player is so insanely ridiculously incredibly amazingly superbly absolutely fuckin retardedly whiny it's aggravating

T7 has it's faults, not gonna deny it, but seriously they're so minor and trivial while the amount of bitching is crazy

tl;dr get fuckin gud and shut the fuck up

I'm deeply confused by people crying for buffs and nerfs. Literally one move currently in the game deserves a nerf and even that I can live without it being nerfed. Lucky Chloe isn't very good but Jeondding is a top tier player but people WHINE that she needs buffs rather than just learn to play her the way she clearly was meant to play. There are plenty of little things to complain about but people who bitch about balance in this game I'm convinced are children, have the minds of children, don't play fighting games, want to win without putting in effort (the antithesis of tekken), or some combination of all those.

People like to cry and complain rather than adapt and learn.

>I WANNA WIN AND I WANNA WIN NOOOOOOW!!
There's a good reason that a lot of fgg violently poops themselves when Tekken is mentioned

>be warrior, go to ranked
>set 4 bars or above
>only matches me with same two shitters who have 3 bars
>set 5 bars
>never found a single match
I am not buying a fighting game without cross-platform play ever again.
Fuck harada and his shitty story mode costumes.

tbf you're playing at 2pm on a wednesday

So fucking what?
It says 2.5k online on PC and I can't find shit on EU to play.
I bet there are at least 10k faggots on PS4 now.
UE4 has such easy cross-platform play setup that other games enable it by accident due to a bug. For fucks sake how long should I wait til it becomes standard for dead genres?

And btw, it is not much better on sunday evening. 5 bars are pretty much nonexistent after that online mark dropped below 5k players.

How to get better at Bryan outside of TJU grinding? Any setups to practice out of plus frames?

>I bet there are at least 10k faggots on PS4 now.
L O L

What I said is true for any game with multiplayer ever, people bitch and complain and eventually the devs give in and ruin everything.

play the game

>get fuckin gud and shut the fuck up
Neither of those posts complained about game balance. Learn to read, twat.

Lobbies are the best. Online thought me very little compared to it. In ranked you just get frustrated and are under pressure most of the time so theres no room to learn. Player matches are OK but after 3 games you stop running into new people every day, you're better off in lobbies because you can actually communicate with the people you're playing so you'll get feedback on your fuck ups. Too bad my cunt doesn't have much of an active scene nearby else I'd try that. Harada has to fucking fix lobbies though.

Well you're not wrong, we need cross platform play. It's retarded that a game as dependant on online as a fighting game doesn't have it.

Blame Sony, they are the ones who keep saying no to cross play

>Too bad my cunt doesn't have much of an active scene nearby else I'd try that.
Thot

>Literally one move currently in the game deserves a nerf and even that I can live without it being nerfed.

Is it Drag's wr2?

Yep, my only issue is it just shouldn't be SO safe on block.

How do you feel about Leo's b14?

I don't know Leo very well, which move is that? I honestly don't think Leo needs nerfs either way, just think she's really good not broken.

200 win brawler who somehow can do perfect electrics and wavedashes???

It's her m,m elbow,knee ch launcher string that's +8 on block

you can step every option btw

Not knk2. I'm aware that some characters can step the second hit of the string but it's very shitty for those that can't.

It's a string so it's already less cheap than a single attack with the versatility of WR2. She also doesn't lock you in as annoying a 50/50 nor can she spam it to the degree Dragunov can spam WR2. So nah I think the move is cheap but don't think it should be nerfed.

> 200 wins brawler
>1000 wins marauder
>etc.

Why you people acted so shocked to see this shit? This isn't Street Fighter. Tekken isn't a game you can pick up three things for a chargecharacter and unga your way against the rest of the cast to the top. You gotta know your match ups just as much as you need to know your character. Even if you win quit with snake edges in ranked, you'll eventually reach a hard limit to that, usually in green.

even in street fighter youd see the same shit if they showed wins. fighting games are actually fairly difficult to get good at.

t. 2000 win grand master

>implying I even play ranked

>implying anyone even plays this game

What are your tournament results ? (:

what's your win rate and rank?

Why is it so fucking hard to get damage in with Steve? I feel like I can't open people up at all. I can do his max daniel combos just fine but everything else feels like such a struggle. I'm vanguard rank with like 250 wins. I picked up Eddy a few days ago and I'm already warrior on him with like 75 wins. I think Steve is dope though so I wanna git gud with him. I barely ever sidestep/walk though maybe that's the secret to playing neutral.

Steve takes a lot of skill to play because he has hardly any lows and most of his moves are minus on block, some quite heavily.

Frames on block aren't really a problem for him. He even has moves that are safe on whiff.

As a leo player I'll have to admit this string is absurd. They should just remove the counterhit properties and give it to some other move (or add a new one). Then it'll still be a damn good string but not an all-purpose BnB string.

>200 win genbu
lol

Why did nobody tell me how much fun Katarina was? I bought into the "shes too high risk" meme and slept on her forever.

Slamming bitches with CH combos and doing absurd wall damage with rage is fun as hell.