clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

All the MWO Models:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=542&l=6893090246df0c3e5ccca57161ae36d83061393d
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=155&l=9805e2a35c7c7f7963bde48ce3a459f1a098cae8
mwomercs.com/news/2017/10/1907-battle-for-luthien-faction-play-event
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please stop making these threads, thank you in advance.

Boing!

rip

Deader than dead. Just like robutt games in general.

Mwo servers overheating due to collossal player count - remember to claim your MC.

>no civil war escalation count down
>hawken still in OP
what did I even wake up for?

>hawken
It's a zombie, it's supposed to stick around past it's expiration date.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=542&l=6893090246df0c3e5ccca57161ae36d83061393d

Any ideas how to improve this?

>dat_ass.jpg

Seems a little light on ammo

>all these nigger sphere mechs
>you literally either run 5-6x AC5's or AC2's, laser vomit, SRM bomber ass-sinners or heavy goose facehug ass-maltesers.
>Still end up being out DPS'd by clams or sniped out

>clan mechs can do a plethora of silly fucking shit that still works
>like EBJ hero with 4x ERML, TAG and 3x ATM9
>or a huelander with UAC10's and Streaks.

Why do nigger sphere get so many shit mechs? Like, not just bad weapons, but bad loadout options as well. Thanatos? Hardpoint deprived garbage that gets eaten by weapon boats. Nightstar? Lol actuator inflation makes dual goose + 6 medium laser impossible, enjoy your heavy mech level firepower nigger. Uziel? Worse than a trebuchet, Enforcer or Hunchback.

>ass to mouth missiles
>streaks
>good

>ATM missiles have better spread to begin with than SRMs
>With tag on the target as you fire, your ATM missiles will be more accurate than artemis SRM6's by a long margin
>At 30-36 missiles, you can literally delete an XL engine IS mech if they don't have 90 hitpoints in a side torso or center torso area
>Streaks with 360m range that do will track the locked target even if you lose lock
>Can literally poptart or corner peek just long enough to acquire a lock and fire a salvo, then hide in cover as the missiles splatter against enemy arms and legs

nice

Get the 6M variant and go 6x2? Really not much you can pull with that chassis.

Nice target anyway. Had a dual HLL ACH on the team last night, lasted till the end of a loss.

41 damage. He kept trying to snipe.

Guys is Kakos Kolos a homosexual? Asking for a friend.

We have never heard of him having a girlfriend.

t. his parents

who?

>120m minimum range, no indirect fire, extremely vulnerable to ams, firing even at medium distances makes the atms not worth it over lurms
>implying streaks splattering on arms and legs doesn't make them complete shit

No, that's Lao Hu. We always wanted to know when they show up.

>You don't rape people going ass to mouthsilles anyway.

>boating ballistics
>still getting outdpsed by clanners

How do you fail that bad?

Are we watching the death of robot games?

>out DPSed OR sniped out

I mean if you get a clam caught out close while in your 5x AC5 mauler, that thing is getting deleted fast. But that is highly reliant on the opponent being super retarded.

Anyway, boating is boring as fuck. I honestly prefer builds that combine complimentary weapon systems like AC20 + SRMs, or goose + earls (rip pepsi) to just straigt up same weapon system stacking.

Why is Kakos "Kong lord" Karlos so asian?

>Mwo playercount still increasing
>Battletech game around the corner
>Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries in development

The golden age is upon us.

OK couple of things.

There are like, two clan mechs that can boat UACs, the night gyr with 4x UAC2s or 5s and the KDK-3. The night gyr doesnt have enough armor for the face time that requires and is less than optimal due to shitty JJs and the turn rate of an assault. The KDK has no armor quirks and an annihilator should be able to take it on easily.

Most clan mechs have shitty locked engines and other dumb stuff so can't be customized much. Try to make the gargoyle or ice ferret competitive. You cant.

Overall, IS mechs are more agile, tougher and have better hitboxes. You can do way more builds on them.

Clan mechs are pretty much limited to laser vomit. Yea you can put UAC 10s on a highlander, it just wont be a good idea.

>kong's faces when russ camps the IP for ten more years.

I really liked Hawken.
I miss Chim and Hawken back when both were alive.

>two Clan mechs that can boat UACs

Night Gyr, Marauder IIC, Mad Cat MK II, Kodiak, Dire Wolf.

IFRs were competitive with SPLs and would have been monsters with 6SPL.

I've been gone since the Skill Tree went live, has much changed?

I like the sound MRMs make.

Gargoyle is actually pretty competitive. Which is to say it has been unironically used in competitive even outside the MRBC season where the command mech had to be an 80 tonner.

Executioner was used a bit for last year's MWOWC too.

What loadout did this Gargoyle use, and why was it brought? Wouldn't an HBR or something have been more appropriate?

where is escalation count down???

12SPL rushdown Gargoyle is the most common. I think the 6SL/6SL was used a bit as well as the 12ML build. Nowadays I expect the 6ML/10uPL build might see some use in similar tactics.

You couldn't use an HBR instead of it because most comp restricts things by weight category.

They were used in brawling decks on maps like HPG where you can force a brawl relatively easily and JJs aren't important. The Executioners were used for similar things except on maps where JJs were important, namely Canyon but also Mining. I think it was EON or RJF or someone like that that used a weird MPL build, but most of those were also SPL Exes.

>RJF
lol

>using spls after piggy deleted them from the game

Didn't say you would, all of that was talking about what Gargoyles were used in the past.

6SL 6ML build is even better than it used to be though.

>There are like, two clan mechs that can boat UACs, the night gyr with 4x UAC2s or 5s and the KDK-3. The night gyr doesnt have enough armor for the face time that requires and is less than optimal due to shitty JJs and the turn rate of an assault. The KDK has no armor quirks and an annihilator should be able to take it on easily.

Dire Wolves, Marauders, Mad Cat mk2s also do ballistic boating. Annihilator isn't out for c-bills though, so that particular one is a moot point at the moment.

>Most clan mechs have shitty locked engines and other dumb stuff so can't be customized much. Try to make the gargoyle or ice ferret competitive. You cant.

SOME clan mechs have the shitty over/ undersized locked engines. Hellbringers, Ebon Jaguars, Timber Wolves and the like have engines and still enough space and tonnage to customize themselves to a nasty degree.

>Overall, IS mechs are more agile, tougher and have better hitboxes. You can do way more builds on them.

Correct on being tougher, more agile and hitboxes being broken pieces of shit thanks to piggy welfare. Wrong on "can do way more builds on them." Unless you count single ballistic two small caliber missile and random assortment of missiles a build. And that's the problem with nigger sphere mechs. PGI still has this brain damaged notion that a knuckledragging LBX10/ AC10/ UAC10 and an assortment of other random weapons is somehow a good build.

>Clan mechs are pretty much limited to laser vomit. Yea you can put UAC 10s on a highlander, it just wont be a good idea.

No they're not. Clan mechs, especially the omnimech ones with heroes and new variants, have options for a really wide variety of actually competent loadouts. a Highlander IIC with double UAC10s, an ERML and two large pulses is still capable of putting out 71 damage in just over a second up to 450 meters.

Soon™

>faction play reward
>exclusive to being a loyalist of a specific faction
what the fuck is pgi smoking

Events are now doable directly from the client, plus the whole Civil War tech addition.

Biggest change for IS was probably light fusion engines (think Clan XL, only it's 75% the weight of a standard) followed by light ferro (less boost, but can still add armor for half the crit spaces), but there's also a good chunk of new weapons ranging from fun to at least situationally good.

More like:
>>Faction Play Rewards
>>Bonus stuff if you're a loyalist to one IS House or Clan.
Another event will give bonuses to a different House and Clan.

>HBR
Dude locked no endo no ferro lmao

I mean take a look at the Thanatos. 75 tons. Up for pre-order.

1st variant can only do 3x LPL, or MRM50 + 4 MLs, or 2x HPPCs and assorted backups. Arguably the worst possible variant, and this is the one nigger pigger expects people to shell out money for the collector version.

2nd variant does 2x UAC5's and 4 ML's. Inferior to the marauder variant.

3rd variant does UAC10, SRMs and medium lasers.

4th variant does dual goose or LBX20. Whoopee, its absolutely nothing worth mentioning.

5th is your SRM6 boater, or considering the dumb nigger lovers in quick play, your LRM variant.

Hero is 1st variant +1. Still nothing impressive with a zeus missile fist and random medium lasers scattered all over the place.

The thanatos will do nothing to help the IS lineup which was missing a solid ballistics capable or a dual gauss and (more than 4)assorted lasers mech. It's going to show up, be forced to run LFE because of fuckhuge titties, and be relegated to the bottom of the pile while Orions do its builds better. I dunno whether to laugh or cry about the fact that an Orion is better than a Thanatos.

I don't get the design behind MRMs they don't seem fast enough to be medium range and they spread so much that again they can't be used at medium range, so they end up being used at SRM ranges and so are worse SRMs with some very small mid range damage.

>Try to make the gargoyle or ice ferret competitive. You cant.

5-6x ERML ice ferret is a great skirmisher.

Gargoyle D with 2x HLL and 4x ERML in the the torsos is obnoxiously good with those shield arms.

And you can bet your limp, mutilated yankee dicks that mercs are going to get shafted out of all bonus stuff on all events.

My money is that there will be a merc event, eventually.

Though I'm with you on that, mercs will probably get the short end of the stick.

3 matches, 3 victories. Man this event was easy.

>5 games
>1 victory
don't play with kong

>using mwo decals in your standalone game

pretty lazy

>Only 2 assaults on our team
>They are both trial Kodiaks
>Tier 3

Haha good meme matchmaker.

Almost as lazy as using assets from your never-made Trannyverse game in MWO or something.

Every so often I take a Trial mech out in T2, just to stand around and do nothing.

>faction warfare IS vs Clan even announced
>Several gigantic shitter sphere welfare nigger units join clan immediately
>they proceed to lose game after game after game after game

I guess I should have seen this coming.

Just saw a trial stalker as well, is there some secret assault challenge happening that is bringing out these tards?

>there are people who play CW.

When is Haruko coming back?

MRMs any good?

Firing a MRM40 feels super satisfying, and on paper 40 damage seems pretty good with decent range, but it often times feels like it doesn't do much due to the spread.

Been running a MRM40 on a Thunderbolt and not getting great results.

You get the best damage from them when shooting at under 300m unless it's an big or slow target

>MRMs any good?

Not really, no. They're okay in pugland, and in a concentrated heavy weight push, but on a solo platform they're kinda junk. I mean, 2x MRM30's (because firing both causes no ghost heat) is great against large profiles of targets at close range, but their clan SRM6 wide spread of 4.5 really hobbles their effectiveness everywhere else.

You essentially have to play MRM's like they were non-artemis clan SRM6's for them to be effective. That means essentially facehugging the target. They're non-artemis clan SRM6's that stream out like a laser.

They can rack up a lot of damage really quickly, but against an opponent using pin point damage, you're going to get demolished fast. Single MRM40's are generally only good on mediums or as a secondary weapon system to supplement stuff like 6 medium pulse lasers.

This is effectively the only single MRM40 thunderbolt I'd use:

>mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=155&l=9805e2a35c7c7f7963bde48ce3a459f1a098cae8

Who hates Kaelus the most and why is it dudebot?

COUNTDOWN?

HELLO?

Escalation mechs delayed, confirmed.

>This is effectively the only single MRM40 thunderbolt I'd use:
>mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=155&l=9805e2a35c7c7f7963bde48ce3a459f1a098cae8

Looks good to me.

mwomercs.com/news/2017/10/1907-battle-for-luthien-faction-play-event

Are we going Kurita for this?

>Clan final reward is a Mist Lynx Prime, IS Mauler MX90

It's almost as if they want people to just sell their robot rewards for scrap.

The mech rewards require you to win the event.

Then again two gigantic pleb nigger units just went clan, so shitter sphere might have a chance.

>two gigantic pleb nigger units
Who?

[)MM(] and [PHL].

I've seen both units lose to mediocre shitter sphere randoms. Because they do next to nothing. While guys like EVIL do 3k+ damage but a handful of them can't carry 7-9 of these shit eating niggers.

Oh yeah, those are shitters.

The Mist Lynx is the Champion one. I wonder if that's an error.

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

While we're at it, only Kurita or SJ loyalists get the second part of the event, including the paint/warhorn. But hey, that's nice to see occasional things like this that reward you for sticking with a faction.

Haven't been to this general in a long time, nobody cares about MW5 right?

Wrong.

Elaborate. It's still being made by Piggy, and I learned not to trust Piggy the hard way (as have most other people). What gives them the latitude and credit that they have otherwise not earned?

Curiousity as to how the pig will fuck things up this time is had. It's a bit like having a hobby of watching train wrecks, you know one is coming but want all the details and eventual body count.

Electronic gold men will unironically buy it.

You can say the same thing about pretty much all of the new weapon tech I don't think I have ever got hit by MRMs before.

Average player quality is at an all time low so anything can net you big numbers and kills if you aren't brain dead. If you can rape with those weapons then fine, they are still a waste of tonnage that could be used on better loadouts.

So it's not so much caring about it in the way of wanting to play it, but caring about it in the way of witnessing and delighting in the eventual carnage. That makes sense.

It's going to be better than HBS's Battletech at least.

>autistic screeching
I don't care about your butthurt, I will buy it.

>t. pigfeeder

This is PGI. The best one can hope for is improvement over MWO, but that doesn't take much at this point.

Exactly that, much like Trannyverse. The joy was in watching the world burn.

>literally vass tier salty reeeeeing
Just preordered collector editions of Thanatos and Hellspawn just so you know.

Vass namefags, so that's not him.

Vass loves to drop his name to agree with himself often.

Hey, it's your pearls to cast before swine, get your "I realmoney this" bonus perks, and repeat the process with the next set when they inevitably "balance" it down to mediocrity after it hits C-bill time.

(See Black Knight, Timber Yiff, etc. etc.)

No he's too high to do something that complicated.

Cry me a river bitchboi.

Well Vass has been in prison for the past 6 months for drug dealing and attempted murder. This is a LARPer.

Probably the same person that tries to act like haruko came back

>attempted murder
lol wtf

He's lying. Vass has been dealing with family shit.

Yeah because all of Vass' family is in prison.

When's hawken?

honken is ded bruh