Attorney Online Vidya General - /aov/

Attorney Online is a client where you do mockup cases in the Ace Attorney style primarily, but other series such as Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and the like are replicated as well.

New thread #whogivesafuck

Link to our rules and downloads and shit - docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

puu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's try reaching bump limit this time.

I think we should add sprites for Nani from Lilo and Stitch in. I think she would be a great addition to the game, both in a fun and sexual way. The sprites she has in Lilo and Stitch 2- Electric Boogaloo would be a perfect fit in. She even comes with her own "Objection!" line straight from the game.

I think I see the problem with cases lately, having just done one.

They lack the spirit and enthusiasm all the way through the case.

I've seen that too, people are getting way too impatient these days and by the end of the case the bad moods all eat at each other making the whole thing exponentially worse the longer it goes.

And then the case ends up with a decisive asspull or even an outright confession not because it's that point in the case, but rather because whoever is doing it wants things to fucking end.

>decisive asspull or even an outright confession not because it's that point in the case, but rather because whoever is doing it wants things to fucking end.

Yes, this is exactly what modern cases have concluded with a lot.
The end result making it feel like the case has to be "allowed" to end.

>pity confessions
Stop this shit.

First we have to get people to understand that a guilty verdict does not mean we all failed.

we need a case
but not just any case
a sans case for halloween
and then we ban everyone in it

It goes from optimism to despairposting over the course of the hours that pass more often than not.

The absolute worst.
A swift GUILTY verdict when everything goes wrong is the greatest mercy.

a
b
c
s of casing

This is all because the experienced casers are too busy doing class trials.

CLASS TRIALS ARE KILLING CASES AGAIN
reeeeee

This, one million times this. I've been busy lately, but the oldfags never shut the hell up about their newest fixation, "Decision Games".
All the cases are full of the shitposters and newfags, while all of the half decent casers like Bro have their head lodged firmly up a new format's ass.
And according to his word, you tards have only yourselves and your hateful, spiteful case salting to blame for pushing the good casers away.
As Said, there is a point where the despairposting gets so large, that it eclipses the trial itself, and that is no way to carry oneself in a virtual courtroom.
A lawyer is someone who smiles no matter how bad it gets. To do otherwise is to do a disservice to your client, and to sully the good name of the Defense Attorneys who fight for the truth. The same goes for every other person in the trial, even the peanuts.
Attitudes are contagious, and to shit on a trial is to potentially light a fire.

Shut up verin, I was being sarcastic.

>Someone posts
>Automatically Verin
This is why the thread stays dead. We can't have civil discourse without someone mentioning him or someone like him.

It's easy to tell that poster is verin based on the context of his post and how it is formatted

Not to mention the manfred picture.

Either way, the chances you have killed the thread with even the mention of his name is deplorable. People in this community cannot seem to be able to play or talk with people without making damn sure everyone knows who is talking, regardless of how obvious they make it themselves. For a culture that prides itself on anonymity, we sure love to completely disregard it when it suits the person individually.

shut up marisu

>It somehow being Verin makes the point moot
????

it does when gato is being sarcastic

>Gleaning sarcasm from text with no subtle vocal cues or winking of the eye or nudging to convey to the intended audience that "Hey, i being sarcastic"
>Expecting letters and a meme picture to convey sarcasm when it's more easily deciphered vocally.
>Being this stupid.

Now then, not all of us oldfags have moved into this latest craze. Merely those who got hooked onto CTs. DGs are pretty much CT 2.0, so of course they're moving onto those. Besides, it's not like one can FORCE them to case rather than doing CTs or DGs.

Just did a case yesterday with several oldfags.

Turns out they're not all in the crossover courtroom

Who woulda thunk it?

There's literally no basis in saying that a format being popular is the reason why the standard trial format is bad.

For every "experienced caser" that does CTs/DGs there's 3 that do not.

He also made the point of people's shit attitudes pushing people away from casing, but hey. It's fun to gloss over shit right?

How would he know? He's posting secondhand information.

Oh i dunno... Firsthand experience?
People have been hot steaming garbage lately, and it's made casing less than stellar. People are so goddamn impatient that it's literally making trials derail more often than not because people can't seem to understand that just because (you) want a trial to stop, does not mean it should, and it does not give you an excuse to shitpost a trial in a manner that could start a bonfire.

>firsthand experience
>by his own admission he's been busy
>gets his info from bro
>bro gets his info from others

How about someone with direct experience of the past month of casing speak up?

>play defense differently to fit the mannerisms of the character I'm playing
>judge and prosecution assume I'm new just because I'm not playing exactly like everyone else and get on my case aggressively

>Play Grossberg as a No-Nonsense Veteran Lawyer who has seen all this shit for years and does not tolerate shenanigans he can stop,
>People get pissy because you are not some fat pushover, and you call them out on all their shit in open court in such a manner that they think it's personal
I mean, the character is described as a Veteran who has no time for nonsense or games, but i guess people just remember ass blisters.

Who are you DAing as?

Holmes

Bump

Remember screencaps?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

It's hard to play Grossberg seriously when others treat you as a complete meme character like Inferno Cop.

Best girl.

Scrum Debate music when?

Just make it already

YOU make it.

Reminder that you can poll music still

Doing some script testing for the tutorial video. Come to area 4 to help out

>Try and finish ritual
>billy grabs you luckily from a closet and just rev-camps you

Name a bigger meme than >pity confessions

Complaining about a case in the thread

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Grossberg
>Not a washed-up has been

Any cases going on right now?

There's some samurai case in area 1

Is it all newfags?

I don't think so?

>you will never be Marsh and fuck that
I'm going to kms

Which pause times are best for a tutorial video?

short pauses: puu sh/xVPio/fdd01237cd.mp4
long pauses: puu sh/xVPpt/2b7f5ccae5.mp4

Short.

delete this

Where are the NEW memecaps?

When you rip them.

We might need to poll him in.

John Cena is a fucking pussy.

When do we get a new AOV with blackjack and hookers?

Anongrill is all but retired.

AOV prematurely aged her.

But the moderation is still shit.

Explain.

>Outright denying characters that have actually had effort put into them the opportunity to be polled, and effectively cucking the community of having any say in the matter.
It's a terrible precedent to have set.

>Admin reserves the right to veto any submitted content for any reason
>They do so
>After deliberating with other mods
>This makes them bad

Get a grip.

>Can't come up with any valid reason to veto content bar personal feelings
>Despite this, rather than leave it to the community to decide, instead outright deny the community any say in the matter based on such personal feelings alone

Okay.

>Can't come up with any valid reason to veto content bar personal feelings
"Doesn't fit"

Missile, Lucina, and Chrom would all like to have a word.

Different admin.

Lupadmin is not the current admin, though it is funny you bring him up. He denied project cross zone Dante for "not fitting" and you didn't see a bunch of fuckers leaving because of it.

When you people stop being retarded.

Why haven't such characters been retroactively removed then? Is it their meme potential? Their memorabilia? Tell me, why do such quality characters such as Inferno Cop and Conway get polls to decide whether they get to stay or not? This is the point that I'm trying to make, if someone has a quality character folder, why should they be vetoed before even being given a chance?

>Why haven't such characters been retroactively removed then?
Because vetoing a poll or suggestion is not the same as removing a character.
It's denying them being added to the server in the first place.

The admin does not have the agreed upon right to remove things without community input.

As ridiculous as it sounds, it's the admin's server, thus they can do whatever the fuck they want with it. They elected to allow us the opportunity to choose our own content, so why would they go and outright deny a poll presented by a member of the community, on the basis that "it simply doesn't fit"? It might as well be the same as removing something without community input.

>It might as well be the same as removing something without community input.
But it isn't, don't move the goalposts.

>Cherrypicking
And like that we're done with our debate.

The debate has been over for 5 days already, user.

what did he mean by this?

And yet neither side is convinced of the other's viewpoint. I still stand by the idea that what happened set a bad precedent and the server is, and will, suffer for it.

Honestly? The server has already suffered the worst from it as the thing the served is based around, AA content and rips, have suffered from it.
The only way it could get worse is if they veto an actual human character as it would cause a bigger riot, otherwise the people who had the loudest voice decided to simply leave the community and most people seem to not care enough or agree with the mod team on the decision.

Yes, we truly suffer because Big Band was denied. It's all over now. Get a grip.

I don't care that it was denied, I care about the precedent it set, you fucking mong. Read what said.

Kill yourself, Jumbles.

>Has nothing more to say
>Resorts to guessing who's who
I'm flattered you think I'm Jumbles, but that's wrong, kiddo.

It didn't SET a precedent though, user.

That line was already crossed 5 months into the server's lifespan by a totally different admin.

Feel free to poll them out, Lupa had no fucking quality control. He actually let Flaming Skeleton in despite him not having lipflaps because he thought it was funny.

Either it has not been brought to their attention, or they feel the rift of doing so without first polling would be to great to justify it.
So, again, be the change you want to see and rev up some removal polls. If the community wants them gone enough, they'll be removed.
If the community is split but the character in question doesn't meet quality standards, the mods may look into making an executive decision to remove it anyways.

Yes, and here we are nearly 3 years since the server's inception. Times have changed, user. The administration has changed. The community has changed. AOV might as well be a different server now. That we should also consider how things are run now should be a given.

>3 years
It hasn't even been 2, user, calm down

No.

Walling isn't real. If the defense can't (((see))) it that's their own problem.

reminder the mods are willing to erp in case

Proofs?

What.