T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 11th of October:
1954 – First Indochina War: The Viet Minh take control of North Vietnam.
1958 – Pioneer program: NASA launches the lunar probe Pioneer 1 (the probe falls back to Earth and burns up).
1962 – Second Vatican Council: Pope John XXIII convenes the first ecumenical council of the Roman Catholic Church in 92 years.
1968 – Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 7, the first successful manned Apollo mission, with astronauts Wally Schirra, Donn F. Eisele and Walter Cunningham aboard.
1972 – A race riot occurs on the United States Navy aircraft carrier Kitty Hawk off the coast of Vietnam during Operation Linebacker.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 09/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1049555
EU4 DD 03/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1048573

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[V2] - Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>>[V2] - Israel Minimod
pastebin.com/Hs1pxL3a

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4JQBm8_FMQ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice pic

Report to remind and shitpost ignorance.

cody

primo

Old Thread:

Fine I guess I'll try out Vic2. Is there any reason to play unmodded game if there isn't, what mod is good for beginner? What nations?

Tuldore Sultanate. They start out puppeted by Netherlands but they get an OP event that makes the game real easy for new players in the 1860s

You should play the game unmodded so that you understand what mods are changing.

I tried playing Sengoku once, in my opinion it was a prototype crusader kings game.

Am i wrong? Should i try it again?

Btw, beautiful pic, EU IV is more of a RISK like game than GS desu

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

>Should i try it again?
Not unless you're an anime-loving pedophile retard.

Brazil is a pretty good tutorial nation.

Your learn about war, factories, economy, colonization, secondary powers, great powers piece for piece.

>Btw, beautiful pic, EU IV is more of a RISK like game than GS desu
That's what M&T tries to fix but is plagues with performance issues and restricted by the dumbed down province view.

>tfw still procrastinating your thesis for the reich

youtube.com/watch?v=4JQBm8_FMQ8

Where can I get the latest version of PDM? The forums are down.

You don't

Will Romanon be on tonight?

>CK2
>gsg
picc 1 gayboi

Was Yugoslavia Greater Serbia with autonomy?

>you will never be choked to death by your bulgarian waifu

why even live?

>not writing about the reich as your thesis

this
CK2 is an RPG

Why?

Horse factories.

based file-cropping user is back to posting his stolen pics in the r&i thread

That Poland is my waifu.

Woah haha nice meme haha

Aaa, some imposter just posted Huey Long in the pleb thread. I would like to assure you all that he is not I.

>two Austrias

Who made this?

Too bad Aitch won't set overseas to yes.

Setty, he is white and based
Two Austrias weren't out of the question had the Soviet Union not agreed to create a neutral Austria

I regret playing the T*rks, the game is going off the rails.

Setty really is a great modder - I love how much he takes people's advice. Speaking of CWE, how do i get the radical right into power in Europe?

there's literally nothing wrong with uniting the south slavs

Hey, does anyone else think it's weird that on the other thread a general that's normally dead this time of night has an utter spree of short, contentless posting? It really makes me think.

No, it's completely normal
reminder to report and ignore shitposting btw

did you extend the timeline yourself or it's a mod feature?

>play 867
>the world actually shapes up to be pretty belieavable
I thought I was supposed to get memed on?

>USA gets dragged along to somewhere they don't belong

Whoa... its like modern day

Extend what timeline? CWE starts in 1946

Reminder that Azaris are Iranian and Syriacs are NOT *r*b

did not know of this mod, what a nice discovery, thanks

Syrians are though.

Syrians are Syriac, not arab.

Brazil sounds promising noob country for Vic2 beginner, but how do I fix budget deficit?

What did (((they))) mean by this?

play prazilussia

?

taxes to max, tariffs to max.

burocrat focus to 100% in the 4 most populated and you'll be fine.

If everything else fails, one lvl of tax eff will fix it

hundreds of thousands of pops and 7 years later

I don't beliieve it, post map.

I can't open the game right now, but basically
>Karlings formed the HRE with historical German+North Italian borders and lost it to a local dynasty
>Hvitserk united England then converted to catholicism
>Burgundy is independent and is always in conflict with the last Karling kingdom, France
>Weak caliph got deposed by a meccan dynasty
>pagans are slowly starting to form actual states, such as Poland, Lithuania and Pomerania, that hopefully will be converted soon
>Scandinavia was united by an af Munso but after his death it got divided in three different kingdoms(the borders are stupid but that is nothing to do with the startdate, but with the game)

Wrong thread, R&I.Nobody cares about your uninteresting screenshots.

Hmm, I really wonder what this could mean. Maybe, just maybe, some shitposter is trying to stir shit by very obviously manufacturing all the posts in the other thread and making it look like it's an R&I job.

ok
dod

filecropping faggot BTFO

Yes its an amorphous yugoslavia
pretty disgusting

>buddhist jews

fuck off uk...brits...TAL 32 ..we fight for our land and all counties free.UP THE RA eriann go braghh

Now say that in Irish
Oh wait

The old thread hasn't quite 404'd yet, but as I'm about to go to bed I'm going to call it now. The winner of the poll, with just two votes' lead, is Palemon of Lietuva, and the AAR will begin in Lithuania.

The voting was very close, far closer than I expected, both for the initial region vote and for this run-off. Dyre pulled ahead several times and was clearly of interest to many user, so we'll see how he plays into the AAR. If it makes sense, I might give him a nod here or there as befits someone who I came so close to playing.

I'm going to bed now, as I said, but tomorrow I'll be back to discuss some potential modifications for the game and other miscellanea.

language doesn't mater...i'm irish...n proud...

Sleep well Swosony
I'm guessing the AAR isn't going to start for a while, thanks to the future update?

It was close because kievfag resets his reuter.

Prussia runs with deficit as well, are you supposed to chop off land unit stockpile expense during peacetime?

epic

""no""

>language doesn't mater
T. Catalonian

Unfortunately yes, especially since Paradox seems to be flatly refusing to make any promises about a release date save that it's to come out before the end of the year, but hopefully I'll have at least some things to do in the interim to keep everyone appraised on progress. Quite likely I won't be as active as I am presently, however, if for no other reason than that there won't be much more to do. Tomorrow (or really I suppose later today) I'll be going over modmods and a few changes I want to make and gathering input, but after that I won't really have much to discuss until Jade Dragon and the associated HIP update drops and I can begin my test run.

I really don't think he did. I was keeping an eye on it and the votes were spaced pretty decently apart. Anyway, even if he did, Palemon won in the end.

dubh agus athshlánú
DELET

Sleep tight
He literally admitted to it

>He
I
and I didn't reset it in this last pool

what did he mean by this

Kiev is known for its paper industry.

oh its true

its damn true

>Ireland gets occupied by britain
>bad things happen
where have I seen this before

Why don't you read the newspapers?

How is thst bad?

>reading newspapers

They're nice flavor, but they say basic shit like 'Germany expands'. That's why there's not much of them in CWE, they only cover wars.

They should be in their homeland, london, not Ireland.

Meanwhile, even Detroit is white.

really activates those almonds

Reminder to ignore and report shitposting.

>homeland, london
>homeland
>land
>london
It's built on a river retard

I said london not atlantis

It's not underwater, just not land either

>NEET and playing ck2 all through out the night
>that fucking generic 60's ufo noise that you hear in movies and games start playing when looking im looking at the assasin society screen
>happens again when one of the assassin events pop up.
pls tell me this is some easter egg or part of the ambient noise in the game cause I'm really fucking spooked.

>That's why there's not much of them in CWE, they only cover wars.
Are they hardcoded? Could it be fixed with mods?

>society screen
Play meme dlc, get memed on

Does dark worlds or whatever have femdom or is it a waste of time?

Nibba why do you evencare for chingshit? You're in europe anyway.

I'm posting an SS-20 Saber in honour of the defunct East vs West until we get a good Cold War game.

That took a lot longer than expected

I never understood this meme, the cold war was boring as fuck. I mean it's literally a lack of an actual war.
Couldn't you have taken Bermuda while you were at it?

100% tariffs 33% army maintainance 40$ navy maintainance full poor taxation
do that until you want to build an industry (wait until you have 40% literacy)

>don't have fun until halfway through the game
Ah yes

I can't tell if your saying that it's part of the game or your just saying you don't know but it wouldn't surprise you because the dlc is shit.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the end but it spooked me so hard I ran malware bytes and did find malware.