/wowsg/ - World of Warships General

Don't Bully the Pepsi Edition

****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (embed)

>0.6.11 patch notes
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0611/

>0.6.12 PTS
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/test-your-mettle/

>0.6.11 Smug moetel mod
my.mixtape.moe/lfnacj.zip

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlinsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact JakeNS

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_8DfM5Hkc0
pastebin.com/TicCRSQ3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Learn to enjoy it, because you'll be suffering up to T6. That's when proper CV play actually begins.

First for OSHA

At least CV gameplay isn't slowly crawling to a point, while bombarded from max range by clubbers and constantly being on fire the second combat starts.
That said, is there any shipclass that works well as a brawler? I'd rather play the objective than sniping.

'Brawling' is used to describe the optimum engagement for KM BBs, but it's not something you can do on your own initiative - the game needs to develop appropriately, which is kind of rare. From what you describe, it sounds like DDs would fit the bill. At lower tiers, USN and VMF are both pretty good at contesting caps. At higher tiers the former remain just as good at it while the latter get worse in exchange for raw gun power. KM DDs are a bit weedy at low- to mid-tiers but utterly dominate caps at the highest levels.

The nice thing about DD play is that there is almost always an active play to make which is a good move, whereas other types of ship are often best served by playing defensively.

Is there a problem, officer?

Guess I'll give the burger DDs a try, thanks.

>Using the old citadel ribbon
>Implying Minotaur is a CA
Shit. Start over.

Why do I see so many people in queue but I always get put in games that are 1 v 1 with a ton of bots either side?

If you're new to the game you're queued only against other noobs. Knowing WG you may well be seeing the counters for the general queue anyway.

Post yfw Bismarck gets an alternative sidegrade hull that has all secondaries replaced by 128mm DP turrets (like the ones on B-hull Gneisenau) and all 37mm guns replaced by 40mm FlaK 28s (like the ones on Prinz Eugen).

B E N I S
:DDDDDD

Sounds like a straight upgrade to me. What do you think the downside of such an arrangement would be?

Not him, but I guess less penetration damage on destroyers? Then again you could meme it back with IFHE.

I assumed the loss of the 15cm secondaries. I'm probably overestimated their effectiveness though and didn't account enough for how effective the 128s would be compared to the 10.5s.

The 40mm is definitely a straight upgrade though.

>Maximum Wait time is 40 seconds
>Been in queue over 2.5 mins
>Players in your range 10/75
>Get put in game with 1 other person and the rest bots.

Does this ever get better because this is a pretty shit starting experience?

Nigga you're on EU and you get to farm all the flags and achievements by killing bots, shut up.

I'm on NA

Now this was a battle
>dude, secondaries are just a useless meme

Would have survived too if not for one last TB run from the GZ

isn't peniscola another name for semen

Are you playing the blue co-op battles? Battles against real people are in the ranked battles, with the red logo. Check what it says in the thing next to the large orange button with "fight" or something on it

ded gaem
ded thred
ded botes

When will we have a real /wowsg/ clan on EU

When one of you poorfags decides to spend a month's salary on a new clan

Are you playing as carrier?

Please tell me how to git gud in the Myogi before I kill myself

I'll explain.

The game puts new players in a separate waiting queue for the first couple dozens games or so to avoid sealclubbing and/or prevent them from getting tired of the game too early. Since that queue is typically pretty early you'll typically ended up with a couple human players in each team and the rest being bots. Don't worry, it improves as soon as you get a few games under your belt and get put in the "normal" queue.

By using free xp to skip that garbage.

1) select slowass enemy BB without a cruiser or DD close enough to help him, all ahead full in his direction
2) shoot at other things while you move toward the BB, try and sink a crusier or something
3) TENNO HEIKA BANZAI

>PA DD get smoke with 60 sec duration and 60 sec CD
>Basically a permasmoke
WTF, I love China

Finally got past that fucking Myogi and sold her asap. Actually having some fun with the Jap carrier. Makes me wonder, how are the US carriers?

>how are the US carriers?
shit

Bogue is horribly broken, the rest is inferior to Japanese carriers in every way that matters.

USN carriers are shit.
If you go strike setup you lose to IJN in AS and strike, if you go AS the IJN carriers will still do more damage than you if they even get a single plane through but generally you just make both your lives miserable.

Midway used to be OP as fuck.

quick run down on the strat for the new halloween?

>losing 12vs10
how is this even real

Reminder that at T6 you will be able to manually drop/strafe planes.

Langley and Bogue just outclick you because lmao no alt-attacks. Independence, Ranger and Lex are trash. Essex and Midway are decent but still worse than IJN. Saipan is p2w and Enterprise is quite good.

Beijing Smog Simulator 2017

I find Independence(1/1/1 ofcourse) better then RJ, Ranger and Lexi are inferior to their weeb counterparts because of lack of fighters in stike setup but still can be ok if played right, Es sex and Midway are good.
"USN CVs are bad" meme has to die.

World of Warplanes 2.0 was just released, is anyone here going to try it?

Also no no /WoWP/ general so I wonder if its dead on arrival

What achievement did that Yamato get?

Unsinkable

Lower carriers are still better on their tier since there's nothing on low tiers that can stop planes. It's common to see 2-3 kills per carrier on tier 4.
On tier 6 Clevelands and some higher tier ships just shutdown any possibility of carrier strike.

I am not saying that they are bad, I just remind he will need to learn art of manual drop on T6

Can't wait for that, it's infuriating how dumb the AI bombers are

Guess I'm also grinding towards USN carriers, then. Just tell me, are their BBs as painful to play as the Myogi?

No.
USN BBs are the opposite kind of painful.
You have lots of firepower, adequate armor if you angle correctly, but your are slow as fuck. By t7 you still go 21 knots, while everyone else does 27 or even 31.
It gets better at t8.
But all BBs except RN are useless shit at this point, so why bother.

South Carolina and Wyoming are way better. But you're still going to get shit on by all the Orions and Bellerophons and you're incredibly slow.

What do you think Charles Bronson's favorite ship would have been?

>Charles Bronson
who?

as with all battleships, they get good around tier 5. all or nothing armor is good, good gun performance, but 20kt standard-types all the way up to tier 7. they're the archtypical battleships, big, tough, FUCKING slow

Benson

Kek, that's pretty good.

So I put flamu's implosion to the Wii menu music:
Have fun with it
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_8DfM5Hkc0

i don't get it. the guy died in a cruiser because a battleship clicked him? i mean sure this game can be rage inducing but

Link to original video?

wow epic haha upboated on reddit

kys

What's the best tier to make money? I'm fucking broke.

Here's a pastebin of the original link because the spam detection system is fucking retarded pastebin.com/TicCRSQ3

The original was him getting mad at a Des Moines who didn't know about radar and a BB getting devstriked by torps when they were about to win by points.

>getting mad at shitters for being shitters
the game does not teach you how to play. don't get mad at the shitters, get bitter at the slavs who enable them

>The bots on operations know to work together and focus fire on the ship with the lowest health
>Somehow 80% of players still haven't figured this out

Spam F3 and hope for the best.

>what is active learning

If by tier 8 you haven't figured out such things you deserve to be insulted.

But user, if you attack a ship that's low health, that's kill stealing.

On average puBBies can only killsteal, which is differrent from securing.

It's more effective to put several ships on fire and torping a target under heavy fire is pointless because his movement become less predictible or he'll die before they reach him anyway.

Do you mean like pubbies in general or BBs in specific?
It seemed to me even shitty BBs did a lot of damage compared to shitty CL/CA/DDs. Except Myogis, probably. Poor guys.

No there is no difference between classes about how fucking clueless and unaware average players are in this game.
I was only saying that randoms generally focus fire low health ships that would die anyway but they ignore ships who should be focused on because potentially they have heal/cloak or are in nasty positions.

Fuck off _iris

This

How would it be different from HOTEL?

Only takes 2 of your team to get out of position to make it a fair fight, not so surprising really.

Should I take torpedo acceleration on the Duke of Aosta?

They're slow, but I really like that 12km range

No. They're more useful if you see them as slow moving naval mines instead of torpedoes.

>slow moving naval mines
I like the sound of that

Naval mines when?

>torpedo boat hides in smoke and tries to be a gunboat instead of spotting

im just going to start torping these brainlets i dont care

Any of you have access to gamemodels? I am curious about moskva secondary arcs, but can't look at them

128 mm HE pens all DDs except for )))))))))))ovsk's 50 mm plating and that's before you account for the KM HE pen boost.

Is smoke expert on USN DD's a no-no?

will we ever get higher tier Japanese CLs?

I'm sure we'll see some when(((((if))))) they split the cruiser lines.

Are there any tier ten CLs?

I'm shit at gunboating so I just play spotting torp boat in my fletcher until we win

No way. Best you might get from historical ships is Agano at maybe tier 6.

When subs come out

Tier 5. Maybe 6 if they give it some meme consumables.

You lay enough smoke and have the manoeuvrability to move around within it already. AR has more utility, or even EM for Clemson or TAE for Gearing.

SSE is pretty decent for RN CLs, especially with Jack Dunkirk's boost.

What IJN CL could fit in at high tiers?

Is Gearing better as a torpboat or as a gunboat? I know it has more strengths as a gunboat, but I've been reading it can be a pretty devastating torpboat. I enjoy torpboat more too since clicking with stealth torp Fletcher

In pretty much every respect, it's an inferior torpbote to Fletcher. I haven't really clicked with Gearing so I can't give much advice.

you ask that for a nation who decided to make a "light" cruiser which was just a heavy cruiser with 15.5cm guns, built the biggest and heaviest battleship ever built, then started to build another before the first was even completed, then a third before the previous two launched.
then started to build fourth as soon as the first one was launched.

japan doesn't do "light"

I almost wish they just buffed the Fletcher to a tier 10 and made a new line for it

Fletcher is the better torp boat. Gearing torps take much longer to reload and do less damage and you just get some extra range in return.

I meant, are there any CL 10s in the game from any nation.

Minotaur.

Murika!!!!!!

To be fair, you have to have a very high skill to understand battleships. The power is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of naval gunnery most of the shots will go over a typical player's head. There's also the battleship's long range outlook, which is deftly woven into its design - its personal power draws heavily from Jacky Fisher, for instance. The captains understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these penetrations, to realize that they're not just powerful- they say something deep about WOWS. As a consequence people who dislike battleships truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the power in Yamato's existential catchphrase "bow on citadel penetration" which itself is a cryptic reference to Togo's epic battle at Tsushima. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Wargaming's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them.

The French were planning on arming the post-war Colbert with 152mm DP guns but instead opted for newly developed 127mm DP guns. Maaaaybe that??