/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #587

''Episode 2 soon'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (Soon)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
pastebin.com/T2tQEa73
youtu.be/uxYT45OgSVE
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

EPISODE 2 SOON

Chloe is #1

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

>pastebin.com/T2tQEa73

tl;dr

>There's a Wells confrontation at the beginning of the episode, Chloe either gets expelled from Blackwell and Rachel gets suspended from the play.
>Chloe visits the junkyard, finds her infamous truck and tries to repair it. She falls asleep and later gets woken up by Rachel. They seem to decorate their lil junkyard shack with stuff they each brought. Then talk about stuff. Then Rachel goes back to Blackwell
>Chloe somehow bumps into Frank and Rachel's dad lover
>A confrontation with Eliot takes place somewhere between the Junkyard and the Play parts
>Also Chloe and Steph bond over their shared lesbianism
>Chloe somehow ends up as an actor in The Tempest
>Also note that it's possible for Rachel to be suspended from the play.Just as it's possible for Chloe to get expelledsuspended
>They possibly go to Rachel's house after the play where we get to know Rachel's parents
>There's a kiss somewhere in between the second part of the episode
>There should be a part when they drive off to have an adventure as indicated by the promo art and earlier leaks but so far it's hard to deduce when will that take place

>Deleted Taylor conversation
youtu.be/uxYT45OgSVE

>Future conversation between Chloe and Rachel
Pic related.
Rachel's suspended from play
Rachel:Shit.It's play time.Gotta go clean my dressing room for Victoria.Not exactly the role I thought I'd be playing tonight.Oh well.
So... they won't go Frank together,Chloe will go there alone and also encouter with Rachel's daddy's hooker during this time.She will gather stuff for her truck (and confrontation with Damon will happen at this moment) after she saved her ass, she will get message from Steph and will go to the play.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Chloe & Max is №1

>''DeckNine is following canon immensively, they are caring about this story as if it's their homework''
>inb4 they've fucked up sophomore issues even more than Dontnod's
>inb4 they've fucked up Warryn's existence in blackwell /he also wearing same clothes over 3 years he was wearing at episode1/ even while Chloe and him didn't recognize each other
>inb4 they've fucked up Victoria's existence in blackwell while this girl was saying she came to the Blackwell for ''Mark Jefferson'' like several times
>inb4 they've fucked up Chloe's hair colour, it already should've been blue before this game even started since she has blue strands in her hair in her birthday photo in LiS 1
>inb4 they've fucked up William's death date (you had one job damn)
>inb4 they've fucked up Max Contacting Chloe thing while it has been directly said in first game that there was NO contact neither Max stopped respond to her: "You were happy to wait five years without a call, or even a text."
>tfw Edge lord Toby still insists on they have secret files/documents,hidden knowledge that fans don't have, even while OBVIOUSLY they fucked up everything.
Admit it, they are damage controlling hard even more than Dontnod.

Chloe looks like she's balding wtf

>that pic

=kek
Fucking saved

WHERE IS MAXINE CAULFIELD?!?

>Toby still insists on they have secret files/documents
Are these guys thinking that they are working with FBI or something?

Is it too hard to admit they've fucked up?

Nice try Michel, too bad nobody is falling for your shit E V E R again. Honestly, I'd take even cat's pool of vomit more seriously than you LMAO

fucking the vortex club

Nice try, Cuck Floyd. Keep going to eat Toby's shit now

>he also wearing same clothes over 3 years he was wearing at episode1
That is entirely believable

Please never make a Before the Storm thread ever again.

XD take your meds baby boy

>poor Warryn had been wearing same clothes over 3 years since he was a vulnerable ''full scholarship student'' and his family couldn't afford his needs that much
>tfw subtly deck9 added his story more tragedy

WEDNESDAY NIGHT TIME TO PARTY

>XD
>Being this mad
You are the one who should get meds filled though

Cute, post more Max. Pairing doesn't matter.

He should go visit Taylor together with Chloe.

No need to angry that BTS is way better than your game frog

>samefagging
>tripfagging
>falseflagging
What's next?

OK then

This is the only time I'll admit Americans did something better

>inb4 they've fucked up Victoria's existence in blackwell while this girl was saying she came to the Blackwell for ''Mark Jefferson'' like several times

I've just checked now

>"The major reason I came to Blackwell was Mark Jefferson."
>"Thank you so much, Mr. Jefferson. It was your incredible photography that brought me to Blackwell and I hope I can live up to your name... and fame."

You've also forgotten that they've fucked up David and Joyce's marriage date (they should've married Chloe's 16th birthday date)

>You've also forgotten that they've fucked up David and Joyce's marriage date (they should've married Chloe's 16th birthday date)
Wtf. Then Chloe will be dyeing her hair and David and Joyce will decide to get married at the end of BtS since they wanted to include tragedy,this is why they changed it. But to Dontnod's timeline it already should've happened.

Is this prequel right?

Different developers. BtS is not canon.

>Is this prequel right?
It seems like ''Toby's fanfictions'' now.

LETS GO BOYS

Yeah, this is why I was saying don't reply that faggot. I've already filtered so all good now. Just ignore.

By the way, I agree. The thing is though, they don't want to accept that they've fucked up. I mean, how many hidden documents can cover up those mistakes?

When you finish Episode 1 of BtS and watch the credits it says at the end

>Based on the world and characters created for Dontnod Entertainment's Life Is Strange

or something like that
so you know. Sounds more like a loose adaptation.

>Maxtacion
what is wrong with you

No deny, there were many inconsistencies in-game. With prequel I've expected that they'd at least fix those inconsistencies dontnod have made, but they more fucked the shit up. Even dontnod gave exact details (for example photo changing stuff->Chloe's blue hair,David and Joyce,the reason why Victoria went to blackwell) this new team also fucked them up

Season 1 was already filled with plenty of plotholes and inconsistencies.
I don't understand why people are complaining about some prequel (which isn't even made by the original devs) suffering from the same issues.

What is that screenshot supposed to symbolize?

Because this prequel has everything it needs to get things right. It's not like LiS content is guarded by all the secret agencies in the world.

>What is that screenshot supposed to symbolize?
That you are samefagging

Because this is prequel. They didn't matter in S1 because you didn't know the original events. But in prequel, everything have to be consistent with first story.

Lovely. I want them to continue their story in Season 2. IT IS NOT OVER!

Some people really love the game and just want it to be better, and some people just like to complain about stuff and shit.

inconsistencies in some stuff in S1 weren't big deal even if they obviously messed it up either.
but if you are making ''prequel'' you have to be loyal to original (first) game's story, since user mentioned Victoria's existence in blackwell and her dialogues from first game, now I got worried too.

what were the inconsistencies of S1 aside of the ages of characters and the fact no one could explain how Blackwell works?

it's absolutely over

>shitposter is now defending Decknine because of his ship
like shitpottery

>you
Oh, it's the call-random-people-samefags o'clock, I forgot.

I wouldn't worry too much. There's nothing major that they can really fuck up, if they're going to stay true to their word and avoid going into the whole mess with Rachel, Frank, Nathan and Jefferson. It still sucks that they can't get their shit right, but at least it's mostly minor details. Still wish they'd own up for it, though.

>tfw you don't give a fuck about frenchcuck's game or BtS beng consistent with it

There were many (david's harassing kate pic, the other pics they've put to the game,details they've put in-game etc etc) but here's one of example.

>Episode 1: you are finding this car estimate paper on Monday,October 7
>however it was signed and dated October 17th 2013

Also you can explain how Blackwell works. But since they weren't consistent with whatever was happenning, things are kinda messed up.

>call-random
No, it's just you. At least don't lie about it, since I can even see your IPs.

>I wouldn't worry too much. There's nothing major that they can really fuck up, if they're going to stay true to their word and avoid going into the whole mess with Rachel, Frank, Nathan and Jefferson. It still sucks that they can't get their shit right, but at least it's mostly minor details. Still wish they'd own up for it, though.

We will see about it. But just so you know, they are already started to be inconsistent with first game. And rather than fixing it, they are fucking up more.

yes obviously Blackwell works like a normal high school. Except Max claims it's a "senior only" school in her journal once.

Yeah I bet you cried like a bitch when you picked Bay because who cares about consistency or logic, right?

>''senior only''
>prequel
>13 year old wimpy warryn is there
>13 year old victoria is there
>14 year old wimpy nathan is there

That doesn't even make sense, Bay ending isnt a seperate game

>since I can even see your IPs
I chuckled.

>And rather than fixing it, they are fucking up more.
We don't know if they're "fucking up more", the second episode isn't out yet. If they continue to fuck thing up there even further, then yes, that would be "fucking up more". As it is, they've fucked up things in episode 1 and now we're waiting to see what's going to happen next. The biggest concern right now is them refusing to come out and say "yeah, we fucked up, sorry, we'll try to do better next time". Which is to be expected, I guess, since they seem to be friendly with Dontnod "Just use your imagination :)" Entertainment, who also didn't respond to people pointing out the utter retardation in their game finale.
>inb4 why are you defending them

It was obviously not a senior only school in S1 either because multiple characters like Nathan, Victoria, Justin etc has been attending it the year before (at least)

So... admit it, they've obviously fucked up. But as always community manager is making damage control. None of those hidden documents can recover this mess.

>We don't know if they're "fucking up more", the second episode isn't out yet. If they continue to fuck thing up there even further, then yes, that would be "fucking up more". As it is, they've fucked up things in episode 1 and now we're waiting to see what's going to happen next. The biggest concern right now is them refusing to come out and say "yeah, we fucked up, sorry, we'll try to do better next time". Which is to be expected, I guess, since they seem to be friendly with Dontnod "Just use your imagination :)" Entertainment, who also didn't respond to people pointing out the utter retardation in their game finale.
Episode 1 showed me everything I've really seen enough. There's NO way that they could accept that there are some faults in plot which are inconsistent with first game. Whenever you say, community manager goes ''hrr drr incorrect:)'' damage control mode.
At least, Dontnod has learnt from their mistakes and they are not talking anymore. Hopefully they will also fix all of faults they did in S2.

read your post before you send them.
only talking through your ass and you have no idea wtf are you talking about.

>Bay ending isnt a seperate game
No, just a quintessence of all the inconsistencies, illogicalities and flaws in the game's writting. Wish it was a separate game tho, so i wouldn't have a displeasure to witness such a beautiful game end (even optionally) in such a retarded way

Yeah but, ''Senior only'' is what has been said in first game right? -if writer wasn't drunk while writing this- since this had mentioned in first game, then in prequel they should've followed this rule rather than changing it and acting like it never happened.

>So... admit it, they've obviously fucked up
Who cares besides Toby the facePalm? I sure as shit don't, and hope none of you do either

>Hopefully they will also fix all of faults they did in S2.
Well, they can't really fix it, seeing as S2 isn't going to continue S1's story. Maybe they'll do better, though. Maybe they'll realize that this "thanks for crying, guize :)" bullshit isn't good for the story.

On a side note. I was going through Max's diary to check if "senior only" was mentioned and stumbled upon this. I think some anons were talking about how Max having tattoos and what not would require her to go through some changes in her personality. Seems like she doesn't mind the idea, though.

Point out your problem with my post and I'll address it.

this

It's not like the Bae ending is much better.
>b-but I like it more because Chloe
Oh fuck off. By saying that one ending is better than the other, you're validating their decision to put these retarded endings in in the first place.

>Well, they can't really fix it, seeing as S2 isn't going to continue S1's story. Maybe they'll do better, though. Maybe they'll realize that this "thanks for crying, guize :)" bullshit isn't good for the story.
I meant it like.. They can't fix S1 but they can learn from mistakes they've made in S1.

>I think some anons were talking about how Max having tattoos and what not would require her to go through some changes in her personality. Seems like she doesn't mind the idea, though.
Y'know, now that you've mentioned in some cut audios, one of Chloe's nightmare dialogues were ''I bet she'd never get a tattoo/ink with me'' while she was complimenting to Victoria calling her hot etc. This explains why she fell for Chloe,loved her tattooes.

nice try, baitcuck.

or is it because Amberprice might represent a threat to Pricefield and you're suddenly defending it...

What does Amberprice have to do with S1 endings being bad?

>It's not like the Bae ending is much better.
let's see...
>Bae: consistent with Max's actions, thoughts, feelings and motivations.
>Bay: none of those.
So yeah, Bae is not only better, it is the only logical ending.

>Oh fuck off. By saying that one ending is better than the other, you're validating their decision to put these retarded endings in in the first place.
at least you're not hiding your autism.

to be honest EP4 stood out more as far as shitty writing goes to me
>hurr durr you can't kill Frank, take his notebook and rewind. You have to go through the shitty ass puzzle.
>hurr durr Chloe murders Frank and forgets Max can rewind time, if you decide to leave she just goes along with it
>hurr durr let's not tell the police about a body we just found
>hurr let's follow a text message luring us into Junkyard dead at night when it's an obvious trap
>hurr btw Jeffershit just teleported into the place when he was just giving a speech at school and we left before him

>Bae: consistent with Max's actions, thoughts, feelings and motivations.
>"my best friend/lover's family is in danger, but I'm not even going to try and save them because why bother?"
>it's okay to put binary "choose your poison" endings that completely invalidate your choices and show nothing of what happened to other characters in the game, as long as one of those endings coincides with my personal views
Okay.

Not an answer. I'm not personally responsible for everything that other anons say or do.

I wouldn't bother myself to reply his shitty bait user.

Everything went wrong at the mid of Episode 4-Ep5 (completely)

No, they shouldn't because the first season also didnt follow this "rule" because there were clearly people studying at Blackwell for multiple years.
If anything the supplementary material like the journal and documents should be corrected or ignored.

the hell are you talking about now?

>other anons
it's just an one person and it's you tho

>they shouldn't
Dude, you are a fucking shit-eater of Decknine now. They fucking should follow what's canon even there are inconsistencies in first game. If anything, prequel expected to be ''fix'' those inconsistencies, not change them unreasonably.

I guess you love them just because they gave you amberprice right? Keep continue eat their shit then

>If anything the supplementary material like the journal and documents should be corrected or ignored.
the hell? we are talking about prequel right?
okay let's screw all of them. how will you explain Victoria's certain dialogues in first game? those weren't from journal, just as chloe's hair color and joyce and david issue. William's death date, max and chloe's having a little contact while in canon they haven't...

>If anything, prequel expected to be ''fix'' those inconsistencies, not change them unreasonably.
Not the one you're responding to, but it's impossible for them to fix the Blackwell inconsistency when the original game itself goes against the "senior only" rule. If D9 enforce it, they would be inconsistent with S1 because S1 mentions non-seniors studying at Blackwell. If they don't enforce it, they would be inconsistent with S1 because S1 mentions the "senior only" thing.
There's no winning in this situation. Easier to ignore a one-off mention of Blackwell being senior only and move on.

This does not excuse them getting other things wrong like Chloe's family situation or William's death date, but in Blackwell's particular situation there is no other way around it.

>I guess you love them just because they gave you amberprice right?
Are we really at the point where this is considered an actual argument?

I don't want to be mean but are you literally retarded?
The "canon" was that Blackwell was never a senior only school, because multiple people have been on the, at the very least, second year by the time Max enrolled into Blackwell. In season one itself it's established that Victoria, Nathan, Trevor, Justin etc have been already attending Blackwell the year before. Therefore, the school can not be "for seniors only". Max's journal is the only place that ever mentions it but the actual reality of the school from the information you gather in S1 itself, contradicts it
I'm literally explaining it to you for the third time. Use your fucking brain for once instead of sperging out.

>you can't kill Frank, take his notebook and rewind. You have to go through the shitty ass puzzle
Neither Max nor Chloe are okay with killing people, even if Max can rewind it.

>Chloe murders Frank and forgets Max can rewind time, if you decide to leave she just goes along with it
That can be explained by Max having a relatively short window of opportunity to use it, because her rewind only goes back, what, thirty seconds or so? She'd need not only to rewind the murder itself (which was probably shocking enough to make her pause for a few moments), but also the escalation of the conflict and whatever actually caused the conflict in the first place. Otherwise she'd just be rewinding to Frank already being angry and on the verge of snapping.

>
The thing is they are messed up Blackwell senior thing even more because of fanservices. They've thought that people probably wanted to see old characters such as Nathan and Victoria etc. and since they can't re-create every students of blackwell, they chose this way.

Okay let's forget Blackwell thing I don't really give a shit about it desu and that's the least thing I can concern about. Then how do they explain characters' not recognizing each other in first game while they were side-by-side in prequel? Or how do they explain one of character's existence in there? They should've considered them, at least before putting those characters there and make it consistent.

>I guess you love them just because they gave you amberprice right?
Right.

Not only you are gathering that info Max's journal. Actually you're gathering those info(s) from school files either. Ironically they also fucked up Rachel's school file and fixed it after the update.

>Then how do they explain characters' not recognizing each other in first game while they were side-by-side in prequel?
They don't. Some side characters not recognizing her can be attributed to her being absent a lot and later changing her appearance, but it doesn't explain why people like Justin don't immediately recognize her. This is absolutely D9's failure.

Same with Victoria and her motivation. They could pull the "Jefferson publicly said he was going to teach at Blackwell and Victoria enrolled in advance", but that's reaching.

As long as it isn't pricefield, you're happy right?

>Neither Max nor Chloe are okay with killing people, even if Max can rewind it.
facepalm, that wasn't even what I was talking about. I was talking how the way the game set its rules is that if you take something and then rewind the item stays on Max. But conveniently that rule doesn't work in this situation with Frank.
It also doesn't work in Ep1 with the Kate/David choice come to think of it.
So yeah shitty ass writing.

>That can be explained by Max having a relatively short window of opportunity to use it, because her rewind only goes back, what, thirty seconds or so? She'd need not only to rewind the murder itself (which was probably shocking enough to make her pause for a few moments), but also the escalation of the conflict and whatever actually caused the conflict in the first place.
But what are you talking about.
If Chloe murders him Max rewinds the entire conversation. It doesn't matter how long it is or how long she waits.

>Victoria: I've attended Blackwell for Mark Jefferson (in prequel jeffershit wasn't exist)
> Blackwell works like however they want to be without giving any exact evidence;sometimes like high school, sometimes.. like senior only

are you still defending this?