/fg/ - Falcom General #115

CS4 protag edition.

Previous thread: Watch out: CS3 Spoilers in the thread.

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending:
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880 (embed)

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G_QWnzZHz0E
youtube.com/watch?v=WtcoyY-eQA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Sen III flopped
Hopefully this will be a sign that people are sick of Sen, Falcom should just release Sen 4 as dlc.

Can I play Zero without having played Sora before? I just want to play with the cute cat girl.

kys instead or play the good ones, Cold Steel

Play Tokyo Xanadu aka the best game Falcom have released in years.

Answer my fucking question, please.

Wasn't that MTLd?

No, you're thinking of Ys VIII by NISA. It has shit writing by default though lmao.

He mostly unified the german territories. I suppose that taking Alsace-Lorraine could be considered the Bismarck equivalent of the Crossbell annexation, but that aside Bismarck was much less of a warmonger than Ozzy

No, you'll miss out on one of the secondary plots because you won't know what on earth is happening having not played Sora (It's even a focus in a chunk of Ch.3 of Zero) and there's a tonne of world building that SC/3rd setup for future games like Zero/Ao and Sen that you'll completely miss.

You do need to play Sky first. Some stuff won't make sense otherwise.

Alright, thanks.

I TX also had a terrible localization.

(藁)

youtube.com/watch?v=G_QWnzZHz0E

Trust nobody. Not even the fat guy.

That was done in a great way.

>Cut to a cheapass 2d image instead of a 3d model
>Awkward air fistbump
>done in a great way
Nah.

I guess that's just your opinion.

Is rean still virgin

>NISA announce the new date for Ys VIII PC
>Announce that they have Durante on board helping them fix things
>Half of the comments on the Steam page are screeching about how "NISA never needs to touch a Falcom game again", or some shit about how some irreversible damage has been done to these end users by them not having the game yesterday with their tendies

Is this how sad the Falcom fanbase is? Is it entirely manchildren? You all realize that "NISA never touching a falcom game" is dangerous, ya know, means the series was almost dead in the water after a certain someone stopped doing his translation work...

Yes

>...

People are pissed because they fucked up hard, and the deadline for these fixes is a little too short for all the promised stuff in these fixes, including voice work, going over everything, and shit like that. It's pretty clear he's just talking out of his ass, to please the people who didn't enjoy their bullshit work.

If they can actually deliver on what was said, then good, they did their job. Until them, people will remain skeptical, and for good reason, this isn't the first time they fucked up.

To think that G.nome theory actually happen.

How did you apply to be a shill? I want some extra bucks.

Here are the results for the rankings form I posted last thread

The biggest surprise here is that Rean is number 1 despite the fact that 2 months ago, people were shitposting about him. I expected him to be ranked 3 or 4. Fie beating out Laura, Gaius beating out Emma, and Millium coming in last are less noteworthy surprises. Other than that, point rankings were pretty much as expected.

What is surprising though is that Alisa, Jusis, and Millium have an unusually high standard deviation. Alisa in particular also has 7 votes that rank her as 1, 2, or 3. Are there quiet Alisa fans or is this just another form of shitposting?

Gaius on the other hand has a particularly low standard deviation. Meaning, Muh Wind is firmly entrenched in the middle for pretty much everyone who answered the poll.

I had fun learning about /fg/'s opinions on Class VII, I just wish more people answered the form so that we'd have more accurate rankings. Thanks to everyone who answered.

user, not to undermine what you're doing but, some people are gonna vote with shitpost in mind, and some probably don't even think about it that hard, so expecting accuracy in this type of stuff is a moot point.

>The biggest surprise here is that Rean is number 1 despite the fact that 2 months ago, people were shitposting about him. I expected him to be ranked 3 or 4.

People surprisingly liked Dad Rean. It helps that for the most part he's not really angsting all that much in CS3, too bad 4 is likely gonna go overdrive on that.

>Shitlium at the bottom
Good, becoming a sword was the most help she's ever given.

I see that a lot of people put fie machias and alisa near the bottom.

A lot of the Rean shitposting came from that guy spamming CSfag, Reanfag etc shitposts

He always was pretty popular outside of shitposting, both in terms of internet as paper votes. Especially considering his progression throughout the games (pic is before CSIII).

>Rixia as popular as Lloyd
Based japs.

>gaius so average he is ranked in the middle with the lowest deviation and with most common rank given to him being 5 out of 10

So the whole war with Calvard is actually to utilize the curse pretty much? Like, looking at it, by making the focus Calvard, it spares Erebonia from self destructive attitudes, considering almost everything else we've seen of the curse has affected Erebonia pretty in a self destructive manner.

It's more like, it'll boost their greed and negative emotions and make them do stupid shit, when the risk is way too high.

I don't entirely buy the idea that Osborne's purpose for this is war honestly, there has to be something more to this.

Fuck Nisa
Fuck Sen
Fuck PS4

No not at all. Bismark managed to make all those splittered little theretories into a unified area whle Osborne is grabbing onto unrelated pieces on the side to sate his hunger for more.
Bismarck was a unifier while osborne is a predator.

>Xshit shill rebel

Give us a referer so we can earn money for posting as well.

At the time prussia was being very much a predator of the other german states. So much so that he went to war with france and won alsasse-lorraine, which was one of the big causes for WWI.

Mine was a joke, someone in vitagen is actually saying it for true, though.

post loli

His purpose is almost certainly to get rid of the curse, which probably required it to be spread first, and the war is both to keep Erebonian's from turning on each other while it's active and make Osborne look worse, so that when all is said and done, he'll take full blame as a lone mad man while the rest of the world will see Erebonia's as fellow victims of Osborne's cruelty.

>vita
Rarely did I stumble upon such idiots that also need to brag about being stupid every chance they get

youtube.com/watch?v=WtcoyY-eQA4

I only got a Vita recently for Uta and for a while it seemed like a pretty decent general, with all this shitposting I finally know the truth.

You think xseed needs to hire people to spam their shit here? Why bother when you have your employees already doing it...

CS3 is best game in the series though

I bought it for Super Robot Taisen and Celceta and ended up regretting it. All the games I bought it for are shit.

Even as a VN machine it's honestly still not very appealing. You'd better off playing VNs on PC anyway.

Your tastes are just not weeb enough for vita. And with vns you'll be reading a lot so portable is more comfortable.

Japs are butt blasted at the ending but the game still has a higher Amazon score than Zero no Kiseki which for some reason has a 2.6 score.
Still, it's getting 1 star bombs with people complaining about the ending.

>Taking Amazon reviews seriously

I don't. Especially considering how autistic they are. CSIII is easily the best Sen game and to me which isn't really hard really and it is about as good as Ao and only inferior to the 3rd and SC.

That's probably what's going to happen. It's probably only possible to get rid of the curse now because there's enough people to infect. This whole war with Calvard isn't just, but it's right.

I do play a lot of VNs on my PC but I like having them portable. I don't regret buying it and Uta 3 is my GOTY.

It has good games that I like, all weeb stuff, the general is straight up shit though, it's like a goddamn hugbox.

Every general is a hugbox though, this one included.

Not really, a lot of (I'd say most) generals are just generalized shitposting, others are glorified imagedumps and others (the fewest) have actual discussion.

Not all generals are hugboxes, circlejerks maybe, but not hugboxes.

Post worst loli

So Siegfried's body is also implanted with something in his eyes by Black Alberich.

How do i know you're not a loli, and also worst?

>Valerie is part of the noble family who ran away from North Ambria incident

Man they weren't lying that the NPC here can serve as an actual protagonist if it's another game

Isn't everyone here a little girl, you and me included?

Yeah I was pretty surprised that he didn't spend so much time angsting when shit happens in this game.

>Oni power was unstable after North Ambria in ch 1
>"Fuck that. I'll use it whenever shit goes bad to my student even if it's dangerous to me"

Quite different compared to when he spend the whole time thinking about it in his teen when he was just using it just to protect Elise during his childhood.

>North Ambria

so where is the South Ambria

Remember that he accepts it's a necessary evil and curse in CS2's intermission which is when he stops whining about it.

Maybe it's a functionality of the mask instead? What do you mean by "also" though? Are you talking about Ash? Cause i don't think he had anything done to him did he?
That was just the curse i figure, making a representation that it was boosting the sadness and anger he felt when he saw his own village burn to the ground that day, since i believe he saw the whole carnage.

踊れ 狂ってしまえ
抗う術なき 嘆きの鐘は響く

絶望は甘い媚薬
諦めは手招き
おいでよと
堕ちてしまえば楽園
怯えることなどないわ

誰でも夢見てるから
苦しいのね
It’s gonna be alright
忘れてしまえばいいの
いつだって 朝は来るわ

踊れ 狂ってしまえ
抗う術なき 嘆きの鐘は響く
耳塞いで それでも
止まることなどできはしない

祈りにも似たリフレイン

寂しさに溺れる時
愛しさは裏腹 牙を剥く
さらけ出してみればいい
光に震えるあなた

誰でも愛されたくて
壊れるのね
It’s gonna be alright
奪ってしまえばいいの
嫌だっても 明日は来るわ

染まれ 浸かってしまえ
逃れる術なき 嘆きの鐘は嗤う
声枯らして叫ぶ拒絶
絡み囚われ 溶ける響き

祈りにも似たリフレイン
リフレイン……
リフレイン……

踊れ 狂ってしまえ
抗う術なき 嘆きの鐘は響く
耳塞いで それでも
止まることなどできはしない

染まれ 浸かってしまえ
逃れる術なき 嘆きの鐘は嗤う
声枯らして叫ぶ拒絶
絡み囚われ 溶ける響き

祈りにも似たリフレイン

Black Alberich was one of the perpetrators who pulled the Tragedy of Hamel along with Lechter's parents. He was the one who implanted the curse on Ash's eyes but his was one of Lugman's earlier works so the curse needed some trigger to work. In Ash's case, the Hamel incident itself.

But Osborne and Alberich said the curse itself plants seeds on people like it happened with Ash.

I think you're basing that off old spoilers no? Some of that stuff was proven wrong already. If they had a way to handle the curse, i don't think we'd need all of these theatrics to kill the earth beast.

huh in CS1 he was pretty much ready to go ogre for his classmates against that sphere in lohengrin and against the soldat in the ending, even if he lost control because of it. He was not willing to go ogre just for himself.

And considering how he was covered in blood after that incident with the bear, (even discounting the fact the bear nearly ripped of his arm before he lost control) I wouldn't be surprised if the bear got slaughtered as badly as the nameless one got in CSIII. Which would very much cause him to think about wtf happened and what the hell was he, even disregarding his issues about thinking he was abandoned on a snowy field.

Thinking about it now, maybe Rean had gone full demon in that moment against the bear, since he had no memory of it. Both times when he kinda of lost control, he still had the memories of what happened i think right? For example when he transformed to defend Elise from the magic knight, and when he saw his father get shot.

The time in North Ambria, and against the bear he had no recollection of events while he was transformed, just like at the end of Sen III.

>Victor died
>Olivier died
>Toval died
>Ancelica died
>Miriam died

>Miriam

>あぁもう!!

I swear Juna said it in every single scene.

Who will turn quicker against Rean in Sen IV? I said the pink bimbo.

User reviews seems to be trashing cold steel 3 in japan.

I like Zero no Kiseki

Why do people hate Jewna

sauce plz

Amazon?

Oh I wouldnt worry about it then.

The ending really pissed of a lot of people.

>Doesn't even know Cedric the crown prince
>Doesn't even know Thors Main Branch uniform

Don't really hate her, I just find her as a new bully material like Dooby. Her idiocy is a meme material for nips, even.

can read moonrunes, what is the consensus? the ending? the story got too convoluted?

It's like CS1 all over again.

Yeah they at first put a 4-5 star but they been lowering at 3. Most complains is that the ending sucked a lot and also the OST wasn't that good for them. I also agree with the last statement.

>Sky FC
>Zero
>CS1

>Waaaaah!!! Ending!!!!!!!

nah, he never said he remembered what happened, only that he recognized he lost it for a while

I think the problem user is that it will be 4th game with this cast again so this cast alone is getting a second cliffhanger.

She's got temper issues.

Retard. Sky was the first one and it finished in the sequel. Zero doesn't really have a cliffhanger. CS1 had one and then CS3 had an even worse and this arc is still not over.

That scene was a literal copy paste with Rean and Alisa, but it was magically cuter than the former.

Juna being less of a sperg about it and Kurt handling it wisely helps.

Also they didn't pull this shit We know Millium, we don't know the rest. If they are dead, fucking anticlimatic they were.

Kurt handles everything really well, he's truly best boy.

I don't. the only music i really didn't like was what they used for crossbell, geofront, and boss battle 3 but otherwise its pretty good.

>You can exactly pinpoint the moment where hatesex suddenly turns full vanilla