/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

For the greater good edition

Previous thread:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Since the thread just got deleted, I'll repost.

I wanna start a new playthrough with someone who is actually good at the game. My partner I was doing a run with didn't show up last night and now I got the itch. Anyone struggling on classic need not apply unless they wanna take notes and git gud fast. Add me on steam, /id/Crucifox/

and since someone mentioned it last time, voice chat is not required but is appreciated

Are you a cute blonde with a nice ass?

So should you build Ifan as an archer/summoner now?

I don't get why people think it matters what you build characters into. He can be whatever.

Because people like optimal builds

Well, certain builds give slight advantages or disadvantages based on the characters racial abilities + unique source ability.

Something like flesh sacrifice is bad if you're using a shield and minimum constitution to equip it, since you'll de-equip your shield mid combat if you use it.

His wolf sucks don't bother speccing summoning for it. 0 magic armor and no special abilities of any note.

I was hoping the recent patches changed this, ah well

Can anyone explain why enemies can attack up walls and cliff faces?

Is it still possible to hit 100%+ fire resist before Arx now that most multi slot items are gone?

I have the lizard racial and demon. Trying a gimmicky pyro staff melee + spells build. My damage output is fine I just take too much self inflicted damage.

I had 110% just before Arx

Has anyone managed to make a decent battle-mage archetype?

I can do that too.

It seems way too weak to be worthwhile, fun though.

What's up, god?

Staff + aerotheurge is actually pretty legit. The only way to make a decent "battle mage" is to go pure intelligence and use int scaling weapons otherwise both your spells + melee will do reduced damage from splitting stats too thin.
2 points in warfare for skills (warfare skills scale with intelligence and do magic damage with a staff equipped), maximum aero for spell damage and air staff damage, rest in two hand for more staff damage and the crit modifier which also works on spells with the spell crit talent.
Once you get a decent air staff your whirlwinds will be hitting harder than stuff like blinding radiance, and once you get some two hand mid-late game it will hit as hard as superconductor for 1 less ap.

>could go through all the fun of trying to figure out how to disable Krug's troll blood
>or just use Arrow Storm

Why is Arrow Storm so much better than any other source skill

How do you craft it?

*snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff*

>panties are used to make a BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP scroll
Truly this is GOTY

fuck if I know, I just waited till level 16 when it shows up in shops and bought it

Lizards please go.

>Brappus' gear is all cursed
>only way to uncurse is to wear the whole thing
>the stats are worse than random junk you find
>the fucking spear petrifies you every fight
What did Larian mean by this?

Braccus was kind of an asshole like that

brappus was a bit of a prankster

let me guess............ curry for dinner?

abandon the thread, gross fucks have taken over. i want off this freakshow thread

>daily talk about lizard cloacas and other degeneracy
>a fart joke is when you abandon train
come on son

but you don't get to wear heavy armour

b-but farts smell of poop

You can put a few points in strength for plate armor without really losing much. You can hit the int cap from level ups relatively early so you really just lose a few potential points in wit or memory which you can make up for with runes and shit.

When I did that build I had 14 strength and wore armor of the eternals for the shock immunity.

How do you choose your team composition? I'm still at Fort Joy with my PG being a Warrior/Necromancer, Sebille being a Rogue, Lohse and Enchanter and Ifan a pure fighter with some Geomancy. I don't think it works too well, some tips for party compositions?

LONE WOLF
PHYSICAL ONLY

do literally whatever you feel like, I'm pretty sure you can beat any fight as anything but pure pyrokinetics

pls help I can't stop laughing - WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN ? Was that because I killed her at fort joy ?

I always try to either have an even balance between phys/magic or I go full magic or full physical.

If you lean too far in one direction one of your party members is going to be useless. In your current team comp Lohse won't be able to do much aside from heal/buff since she'll be the only one dealing significant magic armor damage.

How come people posting retarded shit like this always have an animoo face elf

>Lone Wolf Huntsman/Rogue duo with Ifan
>Being an asshole to everybody
>Robbing every pocket that passes by
>Getting drunk and sharing shit jokes
Is this, dare I say, the comfiest way of playing this game?

>Not being able to manage and swap items in the shopkeeper menu
This really irks me. My barter dude isn't the guy with the most strength so I have to constantly transfer items to sell.

Is there a way to steal from the elven camp's vendors in reaper's coast? They have so much good shit but it's almost like they have eyes on their backs

>Have someone talk to the vendor
>Pick his pockets with another character

Yeah you're right. But it's hard to change, I like the team and it fits a "good" run and I think that the roles go well with the characters, I'd make Ifan into a magic oriented class but I don't know which one would fit his character. What about a Summoner?

Who are the skill vendors in Driftwood, besides the people by the waypoint?

Just started a playthrough on tactician, the AI seems to have become much more retarded than my first playthrough. Ranged enemies are almost always just running in circles not attacking???

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I want some challenge though, otherwise I'd just build summoner.

Tried it, can't because there's line of sight everywhere. Maybe points on sneaking helps but that means less thievery

>she'll be the only one dealing significant magic armor damage
And it's still going to be fine as long as you're willing to use your source. Aerothurge is busted strong.

there is a poly spell that makes you undetectable for 2 turns.

Pickpocketing breaks it. :^)

Just toss a smoke grenade on the ground, sneak and pickpocket. It does zero damage so you dont aggro anyone and gives you like 2 seconds of invisibility, just gotta be quick with the acquisition of the wares. You can rob literally anyone anywhere using this.

wait what? I need to look over my build because I cast CC, sneak, then pick pocket and rob the elves blind.

>unchain all your dudes
>have 3 of them talk to different people, keeping them facing other ways at the same time
>pickpocket target, then leave so you can avoid their chimpout
>come back in 2 minutes
>repeat

I tried drinking an invis potion, sneaking, then pickpocketing in Fort Joy - never worked. Is Chameleon something more than just invisibility?

This or nether swap the dude out of there an immediately engage in convo.

because weebshit rots your brain

>Reaper's Coast
>apparently you're supposed to meet Gareth in the wrecked house near the witch's house
>if you don't you can't get his related achievements
>on all of my 3 playthroughs the house is already wrecked by the time i arrive in reaper's coast
fucking hell larian when are you planning on fixing your shit instead of nerfing abilities

Oh man you'd love dark souls quests

Holy shit.

w...what?

>bloodmoon isle
fuck that shit, seriously
the enemies all cast taunt and madness and even when it's just taunt the AI makes my heroes chug expensive potions that are useless in the situation and healing themselves when they have decay
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sure hope you brought shining lights. :^)

Reminder that lizards are the greatest lovers in the land.

just use peace of mind
or actually have magic armor

Didn't you hear? According to Reddit, PoM is a B-tier skill not worth taking.

Didi you ever wondered why Jahan have that exotic buff 24/7?

The joke here is that PoM doesn't actually protect you from mental status effects, it only removes them.

>B-tier skill
>not worth taking
are you retarded or do you just not know how to read tier listings? because B-tier is above average

Incase anyone missed it, they're referring to this

Video game tiers are not school grading tiers. Anything below A may as well be considered trash in most instances.

>SS
What did they mean by this?

>Enrage B-Tier therefore trash

super mega put this on everyone skills 2 million

>Flaming Tongues in F when it's a great melee mage skill
>Tornado in D when it's one of the few things that purges cursed surfaces that isn't a Source skill
>Flay Skin in C when it annihilates magic-armour heavy enemies which is 90% of them
>Cleanse Wounds in C when it's factually better than Restoration
>Blinding Radiance in C when it pierces all forms of armour and is always great on close-range units
>Smoke Cover in C when it makes direct attacks from ranged units worthless
>Cryogenic Stasis in B when it provides temporary immortality
>Pin Down in B when it's a long range cripple
>Reactive Shot in B when it locks down an entire area and is currently OP as hell because of a bug
>Chameleon in B when it's probably the most broken skill in the game
>Mass Cleanse Wounds only in A tier when it purges cursed surfaces and heals the entire team

I don't understand this list. Was it created by a brainlet?

>Closed Circuit not in S tier
This is a fucking embarrassment.

when people think anything but the highest tier is garbage and think that very situational spells that will help in maybe 1 in 10 fights deserve to be on par with literally the best mobility skills in the game

REEEEEE THIS DOESNT SAY MY DARK SOULS DEMON FIST ROLEPLAY BUILD IS GOOD WAAAA

S tier is obviously reserved for skills that are MVP regardless of build, retard

>fireball
>terrifying fucking cruelty

why didn't they make spooky vision be on 24/7
or make it like a mode like sneak

Just become the Divine, then it's on 24/7 :^)

90% of the spells at C and below are not situational.

Really, fucking Farsight is in C? The skill that gives you an extended +3 meters on all abilities? And yet Far Out Man is S tier in the perk section?

im an explorerfag and even I find this list trash

2 memory, costs source, not passive like far out man is. Literally why would you use that.

oh shit nevermind i'm a retard i didn't pay enough attention to the tier list, i thought the top tier was S instead of some made-up "even better than the top tier" rank which is what S is supposed to be in the first place

I would _____ a Malady.

You could beat explorer using damage reflect armour and turn passing though, so that's irrelevant.

fug silly

Because an extended 3-meter distance on top of FOM is broken as fuck. Range and movement efficiency are both massive commodities that should never be sniffed at.

Does GM mode have potential? Or is it just something that was added that no one will use?

>Tactical Retreat requires 2 points in Huntsman
I am literally never investing in that as a warrior, so it is clearly not S tier when it doesn't apply to every build.

2 huntsman is a safe investment on anything ranged since the height damage advantage works on everything

People undervalue the pawn on mage builds. 1 point in scoundrel is worth it on pretty much any build just for the pawn and adrenaline. Even with minimal movement you're still gaining more than 2m of free movement a turn which is more of a benefit than far out man would give. Obviously you can take both which is extra good. If you had to choose between the two in favor of other talents I'd always take the pawn though.

It is way to simplistic and limited in functionality. While the dev tools are too complex and user-unfriendly, especially when it comes to scripting events, quests and writing npc dialogue. It's a shame that that Larian was unable to find a middle ground, like Bioware did when they released the Aurora engine editor along with Neverwinter Nights.

PARTAKE

>steamrolling game
>suddenly I WILL KILLY YOUR SHINING LIGHTS WILL KILLY OUR SHINING LIGHTS
Im glad I had that Idol of Rebirth or I would have just been nuked away

>elem affinity with pawn
It's so good.

>Two-handed Warrior
What's the one thing I don't have? Ranged attacks.

Have consensual sex in the missionary position with, for the sole purpose of spawning little demon quadroon babies.