Final Fantasy XIV

Have you been enjoying the new patch?

What have you been up to?

already did everything in a day now i'm bored

Did you beat Shinryu EX?
Did you beat Ultimate Bahamut shit?

Ultimate Coil isn't even out yet.

Played up to Lv50 with WHM and PLD

Quit and went back to fucking Phantasy Star Online. XIV is such a drag.

no he did """everything"""

It's not? Wasn't aware. Not much of a raider myself.

I've never played Tactics but is the gear from the 24-man supposed to be based on characters from it? I got the Dragoon chest and it just looked like a slightly modified Viking chest piece. Was really disappointed.

no and it's all pretty terrible looking

I had work and class yesterday, and my entire alliance wiped to Mateus so much over the course of 30 minutes we just abandoned.

it's ok to drop the tail on the center tile if
- it's not cracked
- the entire back row is cracked
right

Nope, because there's nothing to do. FFXIV is garbage now it only exists to appeal to weebs and guys who like to RP as girls. I never thought i'd say it, but the abomination that is current WoW is better. Same amount of dungeons every patch, better/bigger raids, better gear/transmog system. FFXIV basically copy/pasted all the shit things about new WoW and did it poorly. And don't even get me started that the garbage that is comcast lag.

yes
ideally you want 1 tail smack for each row

I managed to get plot 30 and a small house but now I have no money to do anything with them.

The new hairstyle is cute

nice opinion really made me think glad you shared

>That storyline primal fight

Why are NPCs better at mechanics than real people?

>add cool samurai ponytail
>add a HUGE anime strand of hair to it

Ruined. Why can't they add more manly and laid-back hairstyles without doing dumb shit like that ? At least offer the option to remove it.

I kinda like the tank gear but the rest all look terrible.

>cool samurai ponytail

All the anime hairstyles are so completely out of place and the people who use them look fucking stupid. I hate how they keep adding them.

>so completely out of place
yes bad design and clashing themes is completely out of place in a final fantasy game

>phase 2
>phase 2
>phase 2
>phase 2
Fuck I've been through so many phase 2 parties that wipe before the second akh morn that it isn't even funny anymore.

Is there anyway to make the "Ambient" Sounds in the orchestra play outside in your garden. I want the Ambient Insects to play.

I don't know how it's called, but it's clearly japanese and I think ponytails were a samurai thing ?
But yeah I liked how simple not over the top it looked until I noticed that thing.

>think ponytails were a samurai thing
No their an anime thing, which your complaining about being too anime

>akh morn
I barely got 15% in during the half hour in which I tried the fight out yesterday. Is the Akh Morn in this fight the same as normal shinryu (shared by the tanks) or the conventional stacking mechanic like Nidhogg (shared by everyone)? We were never really in a position to experiment and the mt just ended up HGing it.

It's the exact same. Just hits harder and is usually cheesed with invulns

They weren't as big in the real world but they were hardly anime only.

>but they were hardly anime only.
they were, top knots were real but no one ran around with a ponytail

>winding up a cast
>double akh rhai penetrates me
fuck you

Shinryu EX is ridiculous. I spent a ton of hours on it in multiple groups and only managed to get a little bit past the third tail drop.

housing

And it's frickin simple. I don't understand why the average party can't seem to understand that there's 2 mechanics happening during most of the casts.

Like the ice spikes. I've seen 50 wipes to hellfire cuz people are too busy to notice that the spikes are behind them. What the fuck are they even looking at? There's literally no movement heavy parts during the first phase after the water pillar

this is even more fucking hopeless than o3s
when will mr shitty release a guide so people will stop screwing up

He did.

HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE GET HIT BY ICE SPIKES IT'S RETARDED!

>Watching Mrhappy

It gave me good enough of a picture about the last phase. Too bad I'll never be able to make it there thanks to people getting penetrated by flying dildos.

What the fuck does shinryu ex even drop? I can't find anything about it anywhere

i335 weapons

>New dungeon
Boring shit
>New raid
Boring shit
>New EX
Pretty alright.

The raid was awesome but is gonna suck as a weekly

Besides the wacky movement mechanic of the final boss and the final arena's visuals there's nothing noteworthy in this raid. I hope FFT fags are happy with this shit so we can move on to better things on the next two 24-mans.

Don't think your neighbours would enjoy that

The green crystal should make a WOOOOOOOOM WOOOOOOOOOOM sound as it appears like almost every other important marker in the game
The fight has a shitton of particle effects going on and the neon blue ass floor really messes with my color perception

Can't play until Friday, but I logged in to snag a Shirogane plot yesterday.

I saw Ba'gamnam in the trailer but didn't see him in the raid. Was he in the cutscenes? Skipped those. Was hyped to fight him.

>Thought the 24-man would be FFXII fanservice
>It's FFT which I haven't played
Boy I sure feel stupid now.

I have never played a single mmo in my life and I’m thinking about trying XIV

What am I in for?

If this is your first time then you should have an ever better time. Are you into the Final Fantasy series in general? It helps a lot if you appreciate all the fanservice.

>REEEEE GIVE ME A HOUSE SE

I’ve never been very into FF but I have a bunch of friends that won’t shut the fuck up about it. I like some weeb shit though.

As a monk, I'm used to being on suicide watch but we legit had nothing with this patch. Not even a pvp change.

>I knew it would be really hard to get a house and there's a huge chance I wouldn't get one but I am still somehow suprised and going to complain about it

What is wrong with these people?

I really want to hear jap opinion on it, these responses English players are writing feels a bit off and fake.

yeah the last one, he looks to be a major player in the storyline at least.

Don't think that mod knows what he was doing.

The housing system as it is is retarded though, I actually got a good plot and I still think this whole thing was retarded.

I don't buy their "muh servers" bullshit, a new ward should open up automatically when a ward is filled. Property ownership should be limited per account basis and then they can make smalls actually cheap enough for new players to afford, like 2m or something. The wards would actually have people walking around then.

>faggots with their shitty meme houses ruining my view

Shirogane is an entire ward of meme houses.

How do you feel about easter island heads?

They're fun

I like having things other people don't, though.

You should stop caring so much about what other people do, wear, or think user. It's just not healthy.

On the contrary that's an integral part of the human condition. Caring about people is very healthy.

There's caring the right amount. Letting yourself enjoy something less because other people have it is caring too much. Moderation in all things, friend.

Oh, I won't care that much if all housing goes instanced or everyone has a house. But it's just a bonus to have worked towards something exclusive.

>worked towards something exclusive
first time i've heard the neet lifestyle described as work

Why, are you a wagecuck?

He's even wearing a fedora