/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Slime Time Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /mk8g/, /arms/

>Important News
「!」Slime-san getting free “Blackbird’s Kraken” DLC within the next two months, demo on the way: nintendoeverything.com/slime-san-getting-free-blackbirds
「!」Revenant Saga releasing on Switch in Japan next week: nintendoeverything.com/revenant-saga-releasing-on-switch-in-japan-next-week/
「!」This is the Police launches digitally on Switch this month, physically in December: nintendoeverything.com/this-is-the-police-launches-digitally-on-switch-this-month-physically
「!」Nine Parchments footage: nintendoeverything.com/nine-parchments-switch-footage/
「!」Zelda: Breath of the Wild Switch item distribution (10/11/17): nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-switch-item-distribution-101117/
「!」Wulverblade out tomorrow, footage: youtube.com/watch?v=gAroiODdSUM
「!」Splatoon 2 version 1.4.0 now live, official patch notes: nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-version-1-4-0-now-live
「!」Next Splatoon 2 update planned for November: nintendoeverything.com/next-splatoon-2-update-planned-for-november/
「!」Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle out now, launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=tIYJsvyE4Hs
「!」Infinite Minigolf discounted on the Switch eShop: nintendoeverything.com/infinite-minigolf-discounted-on-the-switch-eshop/

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>3DS Model Comparisons
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/amiibo-igcc-12.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/switch/slime-san
nintendoeverything.com/superbeat-xonic-has-a-new-release-date-on-switch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does Superstar Saga DX use Pokémon's soundfont?

first for waluigi fucked your bitch

No. That's just how it is. Very trumpets.

This game any good? I know it was like the dev's first game.

metacritic.com/game/switch/slime-san

Pretty impressive, all things considered. It looked bad from screenshots.

I still need to beat Snake Pass.

Stardew Valley is very relaxing but I can't wait for Animal Crossing Switch.

Not relaxing to me anymore. Game literally won't open.

Just found my old dsi, nostalgia hit hard :3
anyone got a nice rom pack?

Splatfest soon. Werewolves or vampires?

vamps

>no /wug/
>discord link still up
>indie game as OP

Stop.

Also
4,2,0 - smoke dank ganja
1 - luigi mansion 2 + smoke
3 - luigi mansion 2 + roll
5 - smoke and fap
6-9 - smoke and fap while playing luigi mansion 2

Use this list, smokebro

Jacob > Edward.

hello?

Stardew Valley is probably the most buggy game i've played.
It's fun though.

>banned from the discord for fighting with another sperg
quit bitching in thread about it

Frustrated given the hype surrounding it. I'm not used to straight up crashes on Nintendo products. Literally can't open the game today. I better have some update when I get to Wifi.

so which ability did you vote for?

Beam. Fucker didn't even get close to winning. Despite being an egregious oversight!

Out of the top 3, my fave was sleep.

agreed
though if they can add one ability post-launch i'll be damned if they can't add more
though it's under a different team than smash is so i wonder how much thought is gonna go into moveset/ability construction

Forgot to vote but would have gone for Wheel

There is no reason why this message board should encourage people to go to another message board, when they can just use the first message board.

>Xe thinks I wanted to be in their message board
Nah.

None because nobody seems to like Lazer. Shootem Up Kirby mode is fun on NES.

>finishing games
I too have not finished Luigi's Mansion 2.

Went to the NWC last weekend and it was fun. Made me remember how hype games can be.

Vampire on US
Power on JP
Yes I'm going to do both.

before I send my wii u in for repair

is it true the only way to backup ur saves is with usb hdd? not sd card?

yeah I think you can only copy/move data from one external to another or from the internal memory to an external. You can back up data to any USB device like SSD, HDD, USB Flash, SD.

Like a SD Card inside a USB reader would work. But I hear a Flash drive is more unstable and could lose data, while an SD card is fine but Nintendo recommends a HDD with dedicated power.

welp I guess I'll just find the cheapest powered hdd I can find tomorrow

I really just want to be 100% safe I dont lose my 50+ hours in zelda since I bought the dlc and if I lose it im not replaying it for a long time

Yes

>stardew valley
Is it actually fun? I want something fun like what I experienced playing harvest moon as a kid. Where I’d just farm and get better stuff over time. Ery relaxed and slow paced. But I’m worried stardew valley is too “open”, judging by all the praise. I don’t want to have to be forced to figure stuff out for myself, never got into the mining and crafting meme, etc.

Basics, is it mindless casual friendly?

Power? What's the Japanese splatfest?

How? What issues are you guys having? What year are you in?

Works on my machine(TM)

Well, in game my only glitch so far was briefly getting stuck on terrain and once continuing to move despite having already triggered a cutscene.

Out of the game, I now am greeted by "An error had occurred, the game will now close" whenever I attempt to boot it. Doesn't even make it to the title screen.

delete and redownload. I think you can delete a game while keeping the saves.

Mother 3 when

Just did it. Didn't fix it. Fuck me.

Anyone who chooses wolf is a shitty FURRY

Shut up loser

alright, so I have a dilemma that you guys may be able to solve, its my birthday this month so I have 30% off any one of a selection of games, so which of these are any good?
xenoblade chronicles x
fire emblem shadows of valentia
planet robobot
and both versions of mario maker
there are a few others but I'm not too interested in them

Power vs Stamina.

I'd get XbcX if you like jrpgs.

Should I email the developers? I legit am at a loss.

after doing some research the only one of the games that's actualy a discount is robobot, but I may get xenoblade anyway, so thanks for the rec

Are there any GB vc games that are better in monochrome instead of color?

all of them

Just gonna leave this here...

Now that's just not true

I want to buy the old 2DS and I need help in deciding.
pros
>big library (or so i've heard)
>cheap as fuck
cons
>dont know if I'll be interested enough to fully utilize it and get my moneys worth

psa: I don't give a fuck about the 3d effect or the N3ds specs.

Should I give it a go?
I want a console to just lay back on my couch with or play in bed for an hour or so a day just to relax.

Only you can decide

why wouldnt it be?

they were all made and intended to be played in b & w, no?

the 3d effect is cool as shit

No. See: literally every black cart

I thought there was a mode in Super Mario Run where you could listen to your own music.

It's not working for me. I try playing music on my device then go back to the app and the music just quits. The supposed option to allow you to listen to your own music just mutes the music in the game.

Pull down the notification drawer with the game running in the foreground, press play from the notification, pause the game and press the pause button at the top to pause the in-game music.

those are game boy color games, not game boy games

same thing

not really the gb was 4th generation the gbc was 5th generation

sure the gbc wasnt much that much better technically but neither was the wii over the gamecube

playing gbc games in b&w is like playing a 720+ resolution console with a sd tv

Donkey Kong 93 looks good in both (through Super GameBoy). Pokemon yellow in color > b&w.

Lmao...... I need dis for when on Australian public trasport.

I'm a poorfag. Any chance of Mania getting a 3DS port?

Ask Sega.

does anyone know where i can find the rips of the passport photos that mario and luigi can take in superstar saga 3ds?

What's your Switch collection looking like, /nintyg/? Physical and digital.

no faggot

ded bump

Damn M&LRPG1 was so good.

Late response, but my bugs include:

Left speaker crackling sound
"You have already given 2 gifts to this person" even when its not true
Fishing rod getting stuck during fishing event, forced to shut down game
The entire menu system has tons of bugs
Controls in the mini games are mapped wrong
Plenty of visual bugs when going from one screen to the next
Then there's more minor bugs/mistakes like how characters appear in a cutscene when you enter a building and then when the cutscene is over the character is not there. It breaks the immersion

Yeah, that sounds fucked. Were you far in the game?
Again, this is fucked. How far are you in the game?

HAHA

Just started year 2

Which do you main?

>tfw year 3 and no problems

I fortunately am only like 16 days in. Still frustrating.

bad luck nigger

I emailed the devs. I tried my brother's user and it worked, so clearly it is a bad file or something. But I can't selectively clear the data, so I gotta let my brother know I'm deleting his file (he's only 2 days in, but you know how kids get).

I swear I had been very careful to let the game save completely and load up the bedroom before shutting it off. I don't get what happened. I'm gonna play Golf Story for my comfy game for now.

Yellow since ARMS came out.

Morning /nintygen. Does someone happen to have a recommended games chart for GBA lying around and is willing to post it? Would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

no

pige bump

bump

Look at the /v/ recommended games wiki, they have the charts.
Also, your views on women need some work

>mfw only controllers are the set that came with the system
> I didnt even get the colourful ones,
i just got the grey ones
>mfw

>EGE just came out
>Metroid Samus Returns - 6/10

>bad commercial reception
>bad critical reception
Is this the end of Metroid?

I hope so. Maybe the fans will finally shut the fuck up

Huh. All the reviews I saw were "it is what you'd expect".

I got the Splatoon bundle specifically for pink/green.

bump

Chucklefuck hasn't responded to my email. I don't know why I thought they would. I wish they'd announce they are working on fixing their buggy port.

PAGE 9 RETARDS

>2017
>email

What's the better version of lttp, gba with the patch to remove Link's voice, or snes?

Metroid was never good.

didnt know there were black joycons. are they sold separately like the banana ones?

Indeed. We are still in the age of email communications, dingus. I don't believe that it will end at any point, unless ETs come and nuke mankind back into the stone age.

Use Twitter or their forums m8

>Superbeat: Xonic has a new release date on Switch
nintendoeverything.com/superbeat-xonic-has-a-new-release-date-on-switch/

This. Twitter sucks but companies are fast to respond since it's public.

What did you guys put in the feedback form for Octopath Traveler? I really just want character portraits for dialogue.