KoF Destiny animated series out now on Steam and SNK's youtube:
store.steampowered.com/app/642890/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_DESTINY/
Latest episode:
youtu.be/2ZXxnWraYTc

Geese in Tekken 7 Trailer:
youtu.be/6MK2TKFFtQA

SSVS coming to PS4/Vita!
youtu.be/clmCdIwMoHo

KOF XIV Special Anniversary Edition for PS4 is now available!

KOFXIV now out on Steam!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XIV_STEAM_EDITION/

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtube.com/watch?v=4Yt9eaFVC40

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobage Kimi wa Hero is out (JP only):
snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/

Latest tournament footage:
youtu.be/qDRIh4UNLYA
youtu.be/3IrEuT0w1eU
youtu.be/kZN5vsogfr4

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

KOFXIV Punish Guide:
youtu.be/AxWvmrQAd9o

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook
>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1vXMJerRiJs
youtube.com/watch?v=oLJ4jOAQINo
youtube.com/watch?v=qGy-L2gNISo
youtube.com/watch?v=0cl_YQarH7M
twitter.com/Dai_Addict/status/778560582500835332
twitter.com/BUTTONMASHERSJP/status/918322145633038336
youtube.com/watch?v=KJaVo6itdCk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo_Geo_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games
youtube.com/watch?v=7TL6bhegdCI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I knew I should've bumped.

1st and 2nd for Carol. There's not enough of her. she will never come back ;__;

Not even the NGBC rumors made this place that much more livelier.

there was nothing exciting about those rumors

For you. Not everyone shares in the same tastes. Either way regardless of the rumors, SNK could announce a band new game tomorrow, whatever it may be, and this thread wouldn't get much livelier. Hell this thread has been in a similar state since this time last year and that was back when XIV was still relatively fresh.

Well. Atleast were not alone. Tekken general is also dying

>SNK could announce a band new game tomorrow

I am 95% sure that If they do announce a new game, it will be mobileshit.

Maybe johnXuandou has a point about offshoot threads not lasting and him usually sticking to /fgg/. Although I'd rather just fuck off than having to go there if this thread stops for good, too much shitposting and shitflinging.

I meant a main console game. They've been announcing mobile games this whole time. From what I've seen they might see it as the best way to survive. I wouldn't blame hem either.

Or in the 5% case SNK will create a mix between Crystalis and Crossed Swords. It will be called Crystalis/SNK Souls.

youtube.com/watch?v=1vXMJerRiJs

Crossed Swords was fucking dope.

10/10 would want a alt costume like this for Leona

>SNK could announce a band new game tomorrow, whatever it may be, and this thread wouldn't get much livelier

Now that is an hyperbole, the generals were pretty alright for a few months after XIV's release and during the lead up to the DLC's release.

a new NGBC is something I have wanted for years so I'm excited for it. If they are really working on it I want the 'extended' roster from the second leaker to be true, but I hope they don't take the season pass/lots of DLCs before release route.

Wanna know how I know they were dying around this time last year? At this time last year I was freshly hired at a new job and a few times threads were alive at the start of my shift and already dead by the time I got out and it wasn't because of the bump limit. This wasn't even 2 full months after XIV was announced and by the time the graphics patch was announced I was already trying to get people to post more than just random pic dumps. Sure they were more alive when DLC was announced, but it didn't last too long, after it resorted back to the same. The threads would get livelier, but they'd be back to normal no mater than a couple weeks tops.

>but I hope they don't take the season pass/lots of DLCs before release route.
That's the main thing that the guy who posted in here said that worried/disappointed me.

>For you. Not everyone shares in the same tastes.
that's true but don't expect the average person to be as warmed up to it as the "average snk fan"
in fact most people are going to go "who the fuck are these people" to most of them except the memely known ones
and i've seen plenty of comments say how "dry" the roster is
now you might get the interest of people who like the type that's like iori, or the type who plays ryu and ken, but as people have said, the roster looks really "dry" with "not a lot of surprises you'd usually expect from snk"

I would love to see a costume or her classic outfit

Right, but the same goes with any other SNK series that isn't KoF. Even with KoF most people would say "who is that" or "what is KoF?" Honestly that excuse against NGBC is very flimsy at best especially when it comes to the west and most things SNK related. For the other point true I've seen some people say that the roster is dry, but for every one I've seen say that I've seen way more be excited for it. As for the others sure some play like the Ryus or Kens, but they don't all play like that, especially among the characters that were mentioned here.To say that is extremely short sighted too. Especially when some of them that have those special abilities/transformations or whatever one wants to call them.

That's the DLC I want most at this point for XIV.

you can think what you want, i've seen more people say it's dry, i don't know where you're even looking to see more people get excited about it
the most i've seen the excitement for it is that it's ngbc at all, and the similar level of excitement would be for cvs3 being announced
you or i could make a post about the rumor and /v/ and we can see at least how /v/ reacts
i can go on Veeky Forums and see if anyone gives a fuck over there if they can take themselves away from circlejerking and shitposting long enough

now i've also seen people say "i've warmed up to it" but admit it's still rather unsurprising, so it's more like "yay, ngbc2, though the roster could have a little more variety than that"

now what would even i say about that additional roster? that roster would be okay, not SURPRISE but it has some more cooler somewhat more novel characters, it's a ways more colorful at the very least
>but they don't all play like that
we know that, that's not the point, i don't want to get into a dumb debate about how ryu and ken are actually different because muh tatsumaki knocks down and yours doesn't sfv aside, but that game radicalized everybody including juri, the point was they're your 2 base characters

and even if they're bothering to promote kof at all, where are selections from the LATEST kof? i mean you have terry and rock to represent garou densetsu, AND THEN mai and andy too, and if you have andy AND terry, where's joe? joe was part of the original 3, mai appeared in 2 along with kim, but andy is just "WELL I AM IN LOVE WITH MAI AND RELATED TO TERRY"
not to mention geese AND krauser, but one can at least understand krauser being from 2, but then you're missing the jintwins from 3

what i was getting at, was they have just kyo and iori for kof, but what about the "new generation"? this is just an example, i mean i don't play shun but i kind of expect him at least in a passing torch kind of sense, like how they had k in the first ngbc
ctl

A new fighting game is not what SNK needs. They need to do another RPG.

why not count that cross-edge looking mobage for kof?

They did a RPG?

yes

They've done a few, not a lot, most of which didn't make it here.

Dang, that looks pretty cool. Does it hold up?

couldn't tell you, never played it
there are let's plays to watch at least, but i doubt it's cream of the crop stuff

Looks great desu.

When are we going to play neo turf masters btw? or some other fightcade stuff.

maybe next week, i haven't really done much in the way of neogeo games in a long ass time

Now that I think about it, I did play KOF KYO but I never knew what the fuck was I doing

Or a new Beast Busters.

Give me a new Prehistoric Island

That actually seems like a good game. The great grand father of hotd.

I actually bought the ps2 light gun sometime ago. I only have time crisis 2, but I've been having a blast. I guess I should get more since ps2 games don't cost a lot .

And I want this one

Eternal thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=oLJ4jOAQINo

The translation progress of this game is such a mess it's almost laughable.

sad

>SNK could announce a band new game tomorrow, whatever it may be, and this thread wouldn't get much livelier

How much should I spend in 98 UM OL for the Orochi lucky draw?

it's nice to appreciate the past, but most snk fans are just stuck in the past instead
there's a difference between the two ideas and one is emily from a rose for emily

I am not going to /vr/ before /shmupg/ dies completely on this sub board.

Spend until you get him, or don't spend at all.

How much would you think it cost? 20k?

At a minimum, about 15k, upwards of 20+.

He's not one of the stronger bosses at the moment, so unless you're loaded, and looking to get fates for rugal and goenitz, I would be saving for crazy iori, nest kyo, o.leona.

I am not that guy. In fact I don't think it's a smart idea as the bulk of the stuff that's discussed in this thread would not fit within the confines of that board. Sure that would work if we only talked about neo geo and pre neo geo stuff, but let's be honest most of the discussion here is about XIV, current tournaments/events which are usually about XIV or the mobile games or people posting about wanting to fuck angel.

youtube.com/watch?v=qGy-L2gNISo
Would you money match /neog/ in Neo Turf Masters?

I wouldn't money match any of you niggers here at anything. I don't trust myself enough to not fuck something up.

Don't know. I'm pretty sure that the user who originally mention neo turf is a master in the game.

Preview of the Neo Geo book.
youtube.com/watch?v=0cl_YQarH7M

You can say that again, idiot niggers want a Metal Slug 8 instead of something better like a reboot that gives a shit about itself; that or stupid ass faggots who think Metal Slug Attack is good and is the best the franchise can get and is worth spamming the MS wiki with its shit. These niggas are traitors I say, absolutely haram.

Though I am baffled that the previous thread died rather quickly.

Looks great

Joe's hilariously tiny hands are cracking me up

These threads have deteriorated into pure shit. I say let them die and go back to having guerilla wars with the capcuucks over /fgg/.

Anything but that

>These threads have deteriorated into pure shit.

Exaggerating much?

>go back to.../fgg/
No thanks.

MSA's Cat Ear Leona is the closest thing you'll ever have in an SNK game: twitter.com/Dai_Addict/status/778560582500835332

twitter.com/BUTTONMASHERSJP/status/918322145633038336
is it bad that I want this one?

>calling this thread pure shit
>says we should go to /fgg/
I don't understand user

You aren't the only one, I want both.

KOF Destiny episode 10:

was it the shortest episode so far?

yeah, its pretty short. Pretty sure these side stories are just filler.

He's not, but it'd be retarded to go back to /fgg/.

How exactly has the threads gone to shit?

Well, now that explains what happened to the US team

It's been brought up a few times throughout the life of the threads even what I'm about to type (although it was only noticed by a couple people). It's been something that's been going on for a while, so people might've gotten used to it, but some things I've seen for a while already: Bumping pointlessly, like posting attack names or in some case people just posting"bump", random pic dumping to bump the threads mostly random KoF girls (at least say something about the girls besides best girl or something bout fucking them). If one wanted to just look at pics lewd or otherwise there's boorus or google for that. Pics can be good when mixed into discussion.
Discussing the games or characters would be nice it happens less often than not, but when a subject is brought up it only gets and is discussed for a couple to handful of replies. An exaple is when LB was being talked about it was a couple of anons, besides them it felt like a chink of it was me asking questions about it. It wouldn't hurt to ask questions about something one isn't too knowledgeable about. SNK is much more than the latest game that's out or KoF.
When someone asks for games it would be nice if more people take them up for it, but regularly there's only a couple guys who play some form of game here. The link to the DLs of fightcade roms made it to the OP. Don't say shit hasn't been tried, it has, but barely any people reply and of those that did they're either across the world from each other/different timezones & availabilities.
When new people ask for help replying would be nice. When it finally does happen more often than not they're already long gone. At times people point to dandy J's video, which is nice, but it really only deals with hops in KoFs at times that alone isn't enough.

Something I've noticed people more often seem to have an aversion to debating with each other or something. more often than not it happens when something like the Mary/vanessafag/shitposters or someone attacks SNK in general. It's only been happening recently because of the NGBC2 rumors.

This is more minor and nitpicky, but from the times in which I made threads I've noticed: people not reading the OPs (new info is often posted in them) or this being the place people rely on news and stuff (yes, I was told that by someone, don't let this place be your one source for news). I've even made a strawpoll about it (barely anyone replied) and more people either sometimes read it or didn't. As nice as this place can be relying on it for news/info isn't good. A better idea would be to follow the dev's or SNK's various pages/profiles.
At times I got the impression that like a quarter of the posts were me replying to people at times or posting any new things I find. Now I post less since I want others to look for/post new stuff although I still post some new stuff I find tht hasn't already been posted. I've stopped making threads for a similar reason I want more people to be willing to make them, don't know if it's working or if it's just one or two guys making them. At the time Veeky Forums got bombarded and the threads died like 4 times in like 2 days it felt like it was just me and one other guy making them. At that time I made the thread like 3 times. If it's only one or two guys making threads what happens when they stop for whatever reason? It would be cool if more people were willing to jump on that.

In short going back to /fgg/ is dumb, but just pointlessly bumping the threads is dumb too. Ultimately it's just a crutch. Letting the threads die when one can't come up with something would arguably be better than that.

There's a wide variety of stuff to discuss:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo_Geo_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SNK_games
That's not including characters or elements within those games. If we are having trouble coming up with stuff to discuss about, then maybe the threads aren't just meant to be something that sticks around.
Or maybe I'm just going crazy. Don't worry, this is the last time I'll complain about it. Ultimately it's just not up to me and whatever happens happens. People might just have too much stuff going on.

So what makes Vanessa low tier in XIV, and how does she get fixed? Why'd they remove Rick Strowd's Heavenly Cross? I want to like her, but it's a struggle.

Latest episode of KOF Destiny is out:

Benimaru side story similar to Geese's, and Kyo being protective of Yuki.

Give her some buttons that don't suck dick.

I thought her buttons were pretty good, though.

Well that's where you're dead fucking wrong.

I hope you all voted for more waifus on that MSA poll.

What poll?

Bumping by random names and/or pictures isn't what I'd call the thread going to shit since is pretty much what happens with any slow thread, just look at the way Vitagen goes nowadays.

Discussing games would be nice indeed, but a lot of SNK's games are either pretty obscure in the US, something was never pleyer at depth or pretty simple to get long conversations about it.

>What poll?
You can only access it ingame, it's a poll about the game and what you want to see in the future.
They also said they won't publish the results.

What's happened with the Kof14 manga?

Went into indefinite hiatus IIRC

So, we Berserk now.

Pretty much, yeah.

That is why they started this one

I see. thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TL6bhegdCI

>or people posting about wanting to fuck angel
or ash

>people posting about wanting to fuck angel
To be fair, waifuposting is all over Veeky Forums.

And let's be honest, who wouldn't want to fuck Angel?

People who chant BUILD THE WALL, maybe.

Does she even count as a "bad hombre," still? She used to be a NESTS enforcer, but she turned face when they tried to drag her down with the ship. Now she's beating up NESTS lackeys and even hanging out with one of the agents who was hunting her down all those years ago.

"Not even the death can stop my harassment."

She's still an utter bitch unless you're named Ramon or King of Dinosaurs

>SNK's store selling copies of Samurai Shodown Sen

Yeah, I also noticed. But the worst thing is the price.

>go to /fgg/

>/fgg/

How about nou.